Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Trust Statement.. 21:39 - Mar 15 with 4946 viewsdale1968

Trust statement

It has been a tumultuous few weeks for everyone involved with our club. We now know that there is a period of exclusivity in place with regards a potential sale of the club, ending on Saturday 23rd March at midnight.

Reflecting on reports issued by the Trust having met two groups interested in buying the club, perhaps we could have done better in giving a clearer picture of just what is happening.

From the very start of the process, Murray and myself have been in regular contact with Simon at all hours of the day and night, 7 days per week. Other directors get involved when on site or in Teams calls.

On a personal note, I do not think we could have been more involved as a Trust, and we do have to respect that confidentiality plays a huge part in commercial transactions such as a business sale.

I have run any communication past Simon before they have been published and not once has he asked me to change anything. I have reported as best I can on what has been discussed. What I have not witnessed in any discussion is a desire to prioritise repayment of director loans, loans that have allowed us to continue to watch our club whilst we try to conclude a deal to sell.

I have kept Simon informed of my contact with Justin and Dave from TFC LLC.

Murray, as both a main board and Trust board Director, has been heavily involved and has not been excluded from any communications. This shows a healthy respect on show by the board to the Trust representative, and I hope this allays some fears being expressed of deals being done.

We are all frustrated. All of us, including the board. These are extremely stressful times and being legally bound from disclosing more information does not help any of us, except in getting a deal done.

What having an exclusivity period in place means is this – an offer has been made to buy the club, subject to due diligence satisfying a group of investors. We do not currently know their names, but we do have a first-class reference from MVV Maastricht for their investors, so there is a track record of sorts to refer to.

It does no one any favours to use social media platforms to present such a discordant front which prospective buyers can easily access. I would ask that the essential dignity of people working on a solution is respected and that we all look forward to a positive outcome.

Up the Dale.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

New Trust Statement.. on 22:03 - Mar 15 with 4812 viewswozzrafc

Fantastic statement well done to all concerned
New Trust Statement.. on 22:31 - Mar 15 with 4669 viewsBrierls

Thank the chuffing lord for that statement.

Voices of reason when many others are losing their mind. I hope everybody reads that and at the very least tries to take on board what’s being said.
New Trust Statement.. on 22:33 - Mar 15 with 4652 viewsDaleiLama

New Trust Statement.. on 22:31 - Mar 15 by Brierls

Thank the chuffing lord for that statement.

Voices of reason when many others are losing their mind. I hope everybody reads that and at the very least tries to take on board what’s being said.

I think everyone will read it.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

New Trust Statement.. on 23:12 - Mar 15 with 4505 viewsupthedale2403

Brilliant statement this!
New Trust Statement.. on 00:35 - Mar 16 with 4348 viewsSandyman

A much appreciated update and good to hear Dale Trust are seriously involved on behalf of their members and all fans. Thank you. A situation us fans and shareholders are not used to but we have to embrace it. Best wishes to all for a successful conclusion and never forget: RAFC comes first in all of this.

UP THE DALE
New Trust Statement.. on 02:46 - Mar 16 with 4251 viewsnordenblue

A superb and clear statement yet again, hopefully calm a few nerves down and maybe stop some of the name calling too, its pretty obvious the trust are massively involved and sounds like have been all along in the discussions.

Well done everyone concerned
New Trust Statement.. on 05:59 - Mar 16 with 4166 viewsD_Alien

Getting a deal over the line is the immediate imperative

Almost without exception, the Dale family understands that

Many in the Dale family though may feel its been disrespected and those who've done so need to understand as part of the outcome that their position is untenable. That being understood, i think it could be agreed to present a united front
[Post edited 16 Mar 6:30]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New Trust Statement.. on 09:08 - Mar 16 with 3851 viewsJames1980

This excellent statement is a much needed reassurance. Let's all now look to the future.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Login to get fewer ads

New Trust Statement.. on 09:26 - Mar 16 with 3794 viewswozzrafc

And I think we can all accept there’s probably a lot more work going on behind the scenes than we appreciate. The trust and trust director are heavily involved which is exactly what is needed. It’s good to hear their assurances.

Patience and calm is what is needed now. We all want what is best for the club and right now that’s getting a deal over the line that secures our future. Then we can look towards a new start with our new partners.

Again thank you to all involved
[Post edited 16 Mar 9:28]
New Trust Statement.. on 10:11 - Mar 16 with 3654 viewsmikehunt

Fair enough!
Not quite saying we will have a team to support but allays the fears that the Trust are being excluded from negotiations.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

New Trust Statement.. on 10:25 - Mar 16 with 3596 views442Dale

Good statement. Tremendous work being put in.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New Trust Statement.. on 10:53 - Mar 16 with 3520 viewspioneer

New Trust Statement.. on 10:11 - Mar 16 by mikehunt

Fair enough!
Not quite saying we will have a team to support but allays the fears that the Trust are being excluded from negotiations.

I think that sums it up nicely. But its outcomes that matter so lets hope the preferred process produces the desired outcome. A club we can all be proud to support.

The jury is still out on that.
New Trust Statement.. on 11:03 - Mar 16 with 3497 viewsDrigdale

Its good to hear the positive comments about the Chairman in the process. I can't help but feel that sometimes he unfairly gets bad press.
I am not one of those 'in the know' and would like to think of him as being someone who looks after the best interests of the club.
New Trust Statement.. on 11:30 - Mar 16 with 3397 viewsDorkingDale

Thank you for your ongoing time & commitment to the cause. I don't think some people have any idea of the amount of time & work has been going on behind the scenes by both the Trust & the Board.

Hopefully this statement will end at least some of the negative posts & unfair criticism on here.
New Trust Statement.. on 09:05 - Mar 17 with 2635 viewsDale_4_Life

It does look more positive and if the due diligence has been done then let's hope this is the deal that brings financial stability.

We offload all the league contracts in June and we can then build a squad to be ,more than competitive next season.
New Trust Statement.. on 21:01 - Mar 18 with 1831 viewsdiplodocus

New Trust Statement.. on 09:05 - Mar 17 by Dale_4_Life

It does look more positive and if the due diligence has been done then let's hope this is the deal that brings financial stability.

We offload all the league contracts in June and we can then build a squad to be ,more than competitive next season.

Hear hear to all this positivity. but I'm still afraid to waking up on Sunday morning...
New Trust Statement.. on 22:07 - Mar 18 with 1651 viewsD_Alien

New Trust Statement.. on 21:01 - Mar 18 by diplodocus

Hear hear to all this positivity. but I'm still afraid to waking up on Sunday morning...

One might hope for some kind of announcement before the midnight on Saturday deadline

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New Trust Statement.. on 22:30 - Mar 18 with 1568 views49thseason

The longer this goes on the better I feel about the outcome.... But I have everything crossed.

There is lots to sort out, no doubt, but I imagine the longer it takes, assuming the big stuff gets sorted first, the negotiations then boil down to the legal minutiae... Lawyers don't rush and so we wait....the time differences won't help either if the WSH lawyers are in Texas.....We are 5 hours ahead of Dallas.
New Trust Statement.. on 22:47 - Mar 18 with 1500 viewsDaleiLama

New Trust Statement.. on 22:30 - Mar 18 by 49thseason

The longer this goes on the better I feel about the outcome.... But I have everything crossed.

There is lots to sort out, no doubt, but I imagine the longer it takes, assuming the big stuff gets sorted first, the negotiations then boil down to the legal minutiae... Lawyers don't rush and so we wait....the time differences won't help either if the WSH lawyers are in Texas.....We are 5 hours ahead of Dallas.

....... until we put our clocks forward at the end of the month. They've already done theirs.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024