Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dorking 11:35 - Apr 13 with 13544 viewsDalenet

Hope the pitch holds out today. Dorking travelled yesterday and have been relaxing in the pool and sauna's at the Norton Grange overnight. I overheard them say that 36 players and staff were to be catered for - not bad for a semi-pro part time team. Lets hope they ate a large breakfast
Dorking on 09:20 - Apr 15 with 3150 viewsDale_4_Life

Dorking on 23:43 - Apr 14 by Sandyman

Despite disillusionment with Jim's one track only the performance matters whoever else it bores style, should the Ogden takeover go through I will 100% renew my season card. This is the best hope we've had in years of being able to survive and compete on and off the pitch. What the scene will look like and how it will work, who knows, but I don't want to miss it.

UP THE DALE

Agreed and we all need to get behind the club and persuade any friends who are not sure to join the new look Dale in 2024/25 season.

Every Penny (Season Cards / Club Shop) in the summer months will help.
Dorking on 10:26 - Apr 15 with 2966 viewsDareToCalvin

It's a really tricky one for me. I actually think we've done okay; we've stopped the decline and recruited some decent players.
But, coupled with that, we have thrown away a lot of points against a lot of teams who were there for the taking. We take zero risks as a team.
Next season looks to be the weakest National League in living memory and as the parachute payments cease after 2 years, we really have to give it a go.

I feel like we set up to not lose as opposed to trying to win. I love Jim, he's a wonderful person and gets the club; he's been an unbelievable servant to us but I do wonder if we are ruthless enough to get back up with him in charge. I really hope we can do it with him, I want it to work but especially if this takeover goes through, we should be looking to have a real go next season.
Dorking on 10:53 - Apr 15 with 2889 viewsChaffRAFC

Dorking on 10:26 - Apr 15 by DareToCalvin

It's a really tricky one for me. I actually think we've done okay; we've stopped the decline and recruited some decent players.
But, coupled with that, we have thrown away a lot of points against a lot of teams who were there for the taking. We take zero risks as a team.
Next season looks to be the weakest National League in living memory and as the parachute payments cease after 2 years, we really have to give it a go.

I feel like we set up to not lose as opposed to trying to win. I love Jim, he's a wonderful person and gets the club; he's been an unbelievable servant to us but I do wonder if we are ruthless enough to get back up with him in charge. I really hope we can do it with him, I want it to work but especially if this takeover goes through, we should be looking to have a real go next season.

I agree with a lot of that.

I do think this league has been a lot worse than I imagined it would be and because of that, my pre-season hopes and expectations have changed. Before a ball was kicked, I presume, myself, and the majority, would have taken a mid-table finish but having seen this league over the course of the season and seen us throw away points left, right and centre, it now feels like a missed opportunity and I think we should have been finishing in and around the playoff places when you look at our squad.

Dorking are relegated, were pretty much relegated on Thursday night and despite their injury problems, the fact they'd played just two days before, not won in 8 or 9 games and ourselves who had pretty much a full squad to choose from, two days more rest than Dorking, and despite us having a much better squad, we've still managed to throw points away at home to one of the worst sides in the league.

We've thrown points away against Oxford City who were pretty much down and out from February, Dorking Wanderers who are down, Ebbsfleet who are 20th did the double over us, Kidderminster who are down, Boreham Wood who are 21st, Woking in 19th, Wealdstone, Dagenham etc etc etc. I know Oldham were expected to go up but we've taken one point from them and barely laid a glove on them last week. They've not won in 9 games!

The recruitment has been decent in very trying circumstances and it's clear the dressing room is a much better environment than last season but we've under-achieved this season and I'd go as far as to say that we've been worse when we've had more options. That's down to the manager not knowing how to get the best from his squad. It's different when you're left with no choice but we've done better with our backs to the wall.

I'd also say, that you can point to off-field issues, players not getting paid one month and all that, but we've been as bad or worse than we have all season since the news of the Ogden Family investing.

Do I like Jim? Yes, he's won me over with words many times, he's been a shining light in terms of his personality and his character in what have been horrendous times for us supporters.

Do I think he'll recruit well in the summer - Probably, he's done quite well with little or no budget this season.

Do I think he'll succeed in getting us back into the football league? - Unfortunately, no I don't.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Dorking on 11:23 - Apr 15 with 2820 viewsEllDale

Dorking on 10:53 - Apr 15 by ChaffRAFC

I agree with a lot of that.

I do think this league has been a lot worse than I imagined it would be and because of that, my pre-season hopes and expectations have changed. Before a ball was kicked, I presume, myself, and the majority, would have taken a mid-table finish but having seen this league over the course of the season and seen us throw away points left, right and centre, it now feels like a missed opportunity and I think we should have been finishing in and around the playoff places when you look at our squad.

Dorking are relegated, were pretty much relegated on Thursday night and despite their injury problems, the fact they'd played just two days before, not won in 8 or 9 games and ourselves who had pretty much a full squad to choose from, two days more rest than Dorking, and despite us having a much better squad, we've still managed to throw points away at home to one of the worst sides in the league.

We've thrown points away against Oxford City who were pretty much down and out from February, Dorking Wanderers who are down, Ebbsfleet who are 20th did the double over us, Kidderminster who are down, Boreham Wood who are 21st, Woking in 19th, Wealdstone, Dagenham etc etc etc. I know Oldham were expected to go up but we've taken one point from them and barely laid a glove on them last week. They've not won in 9 games!

The recruitment has been decent in very trying circumstances and it's clear the dressing room is a much better environment than last season but we've under-achieved this season and I'd go as far as to say that we've been worse when we've had more options. That's down to the manager not knowing how to get the best from his squad. It's different when you're left with no choice but we've done better with our backs to the wall.

I'd also say, that you can point to off-field issues, players not getting paid one month and all that, but we've been as bad or worse than we have all season since the news of the Ogden Family investing.

Do I like Jim? Yes, he's won me over with words many times, he's been a shining light in terms of his personality and his character in what have been horrendous times for us supporters.

Do I think he'll recruit well in the summer - Probably, he's done quite well with little or no budget this season.

Do I think he'll succeed in getting us back into the football league? - Unfortunately, no I don't.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Great post.
Dorking on 11:47 - Apr 15 with 2763 viewspioneer

Surely passing it around at the back at slow pace is high risk footy. I cant agree that we take zero risks as a team.
Dorking on 12:15 - Apr 15 with 2676 viewsfrenzied

This
Dorking on 12:29 - Apr 15 with 2640 viewsRodingdale

Dorking on 11:47 - Apr 15 by pioneer

Surely passing it around at the back at slow pace is high risk footy. I cant agree that we take zero risks as a team.

In fact we tend to take most risk passing out from the back and yet are reluctant to take risks in the final third, attacking corners ending up with our keeper being evidence of this. All the opposition have to do is mark up in midfield and wait for the ball to be played from the back and turnover the possession. Ebbsfleet worked this out beautifully.

If you look at how Southend have done, with financial problems a small squad even points deductions, they’ve accumulated a lot more points than we have, but they have a manager who positively influences performances, to get the team to get results better than Southend ought to. I don’t think McNulty has got a tune at all out of what’s quite a reasonable squad for this level.

We have no personality as a team, and apart from Hayes who is just better than this level full stop, there is no one who I’d describe as a danger man to the opposition.

I watch a lot of football, 8-10 games a week - at all levels - and I’m sorry, but I watch Rochdale because they’re my team, there is no enjoyment at all. It is simply not true that all teams play the same way, yes, there’s more passing out from the back going on, but there’s a lot of entertainment on display too. To me Rochdale are producing the worst football I watch at the moment, going to a game or tuning into NL TV feels a bit like going to work, you get through it.

It’s ok asking people to get behind the club, but we need to grow the fan base, the displays on the pitch are turning people off.
[Post edited 15 Apr 13:48]
Dorking on 12:30 - Apr 15 with 2633 viewswatford_dale

Dorking on 09:20 - Apr 15 by Dale_4_Life

Agreed and we all need to get behind the club and persuade any friends who are not sure to join the new look Dale in 2024/25 season.

Every Penny (Season Cards / Club Shop) in the summer months will help.

Replacing Jim may be one solution to drive season ticket sales.

Standard has been bang average and only been to 3 - altrincham (good), ebbsfleet (bad), fylde (ugly).

Have dropped below and watched teams further down the pyramid because they are more attacking and delighted that you have turned up.

Atherton Laburnum Rovers, Jarrow v Blyth Town (I had no idea Blyth had 2 teams), Atherton Colls, Daisy Hill, Spennymoor, Farsley Celtic, Heaton Stannington, West Allotments Celtic and West Didsbury & Chorlton v Wythenshawe Town where there were 1320 in attendance. Wythenshawe Town are in second in north west counties prem level on points but with inferior goal difference and the team top are Wythenshawe. Although Bury would go up of they won their remaining 2 fixtures - they are playing at FCUM tomorrow as their pitch is waterlogged. Playoff final is at the highest placed teams ground.
Login to get fewer ads

Dorking on 12:34 - Apr 15 with 2621 viewstruenorth

Dorking on 11:09 - Apr 14 by Dalenet

Your sausage cooking technique was the highlight of the day. I still won't be buying a Ninja or an airfryer
[Post edited 14 Apr 11:09]

57 five-star reviews and £50.00 off Dalenet –  https://www.lakeland.co.uk/27205/ninja-foodi-max-dual-zone-air-fryer-af400uk?utm

What's not to like?
TN

Poll: BBM or relegation?

Dorking on 13:09 - Apr 15 with 2498 viewsfrenzied

Dare i ask...what is the state of our pitch again for tomorrow?
Dorking on 13:13 - Apr 15 with 2473 viewsBigKindo

Dorking on 13:09 - Apr 15 by frenzied

Dare i ask...what is the state of our pitch again for tomorrow?

Above Cronkey Common so far today we have had sunshine, rain/sleet/hailstones, high winds and seagulls flying backwards.
Dorking on 13:17 - Apr 15 with 2463 viewsD_Alien

Dorking on 13:13 - Apr 15 by BigKindo

Above Cronkey Common so far today we have had sunshine, rain/sleet/hailstones, high winds and seagulls flying backwards.

Have they just finished a training session with Dale?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Dorking on 16:17 - Apr 15 with 2076 viewsBillyRudd

Dorking on 12:34 - Apr 15 by truenorth

57 five-star reviews and £50.00 off Dalenet –  https://www.lakeland.co.uk/27205/ninja-foodi-max-dual-zone-air-fryer-af400uk?utm

What's not to like?
TN

A man could cook a fine sausage with one of those. Bet the Norton Grange has one.
Dorking on 17:13 - Apr 15 with 1966 viewsDaleView

Dorking on 12:30 - Apr 14 by frenzied

The goalie role has changed massively.

In the 70s and beyond it was the big hoof upfront and the big centre forward..Toshack..Jordan ,Latchford et al..would look to flick it on .

I think Schmeichel was one of the first keepers to throw the ball long distances to his front players.

Remember the furore when Pep decided to offload Joe Hart because his lack of skills with his feet..lo and behold the rest is history with the benefits Ederson brings.

Goalies in todays games are effectively sweepers

And I would like to predict that if The Dale were to play the long ball from the keeper to the striker(s) and a goal or two were to result, the Dale crowd would be quite satisfied should it happen like that 3 or 4 times every game. Not many opponents can make a comeback from being 4 goals down.
OK so the "science" of the game might be lost but the crowds would come back to see a goal feast at every match.
Result? More crowds, more money, higher league placings, promotions being thought of by mid-season.
It's not a game plan, it's a business plan to get results.
Dorking on 19:12 - Apr 15 with 1763 viewsJames1980

Dorking on 17:13 - Apr 15 by DaleView

And I would like to predict that if The Dale were to play the long ball from the keeper to the striker(s) and a goal or two were to result, the Dale crowd would be quite satisfied should it happen like that 3 or 4 times every game. Not many opponents can make a comeback from being 4 goals down.
OK so the "science" of the game might be lost but the crowds would come back to see a goal feast at every match.
Result? More crowds, more money, higher league placings, promotions being thought of by mid-season.
It's not a game plan, it's a business plan to get results.

Isn't that the whole idea of total options though if a long ball is the best option at the time take it, other times slow patient build up might be the option to take.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Dorking on 19:58 - Apr 15 with 1659 viewsDalenet

Dorking on 16:17 - Apr 15 by BillyRudd

A man could cook a fine sausage with one of those. Bet the Norton Grange has one.

I'll bet they haven't at £200. Maybe the club could buy one for the proposed dark kitchen.

I'll even buy one for the players grub if they promise to 'adjust' the football philosophy.
[Post edited 15 Apr 20:01]
Dorking on 21:11 - Apr 15 with 1520 viewsDale69er

Dorking on 19:12 - Apr 15 by James1980

Isn't that the whole idea of total options though if a long ball is the best option at the time take it, other times slow patient build up might be the option to take.

But we very rarely take the long ball option, even when it is the best option.
Dorking on 22:14 - Apr 17 with 825 viewswheniwasyourage

Dorking on 11:09 - Apr 14 by Dalenet

Your sausage cooking technique was the highlight of the day. I still won't be buying a Ninja or an airfryer
[Post edited 14 Apr 11:09]

Bought a Ninja on the weekend - transformational, food is so much better. Seriously get one, you wont regret it.

Salmon in a Ninja - F'ing hell - Momtaz!!!
Dorking on 03:06 - Apr 18 with 663 viewsnordenblue

Dorking on 22:14 - Apr 17 by wheniwasyourage

Bought a Ninja on the weekend - transformational, food is so much better. Seriously get one, you wont regret it.

Salmon in a Ninja - F'ing hell - Momtaz!!!

Steak is really nice too, as are chicken wings... game changer
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024