Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bury, some mortgage questions.... 18:10 - Jun 24 with 11113 viewsRAFCBLUE

Interestingly this has surfaced today:

http://portvaleonline.com/BuryFC/BuryFC_Mortgage_Debenture.pdf

It's a mortgage document for Gigg Lane. Raised on Wednesday 29th May, as the paperwork was concluded on the bury takeover ( http://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/article/statement-takeover-completed-834927.aspx)

Got to say, they are fast workers!

Funny how:

1) A club that has no debts now has a mortgage
2) A board that have yet to sign a single new player have sanctioned a charge over their ground.
3) This document surfaces on the day that the new chairman says "judge me in three years"

I guess they can't say that they are mortgage free anymore!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 21:26 - Jun 24 with 2277 viewsjudd

Read this definition:

http://www.purnells.co.uk/limited-company/administrative-receivers/what-is-a-deb

Poll: What is it to be then?

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 21:29 - Jun 24 with 2252 viewsDaley_Lama

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 21:26 - Jun 24 by judd

Read this definition:

http://www.purnells.co.uk/limited-company/administrative-receivers/what-is-a-deb

Ace

"This means that your director's loan account, when secured by a debenture, has to be repaid in full out of company assets in any insolvency before VAT,PAYE and trade creditors receive one penny. What a benefit for you!"

Can't lose, won't lose.

Poll: DF in or out

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 21:29 - Jun 24 with 2248 viewsjudd

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 21:29 - Jun 24 by Daley_Lama

Ace

"This means that your director's loan account, when secured by a debenture, has to be repaid in full out of company assets in any insolvency before VAT,PAYE and trade creditors receive one penny. What a benefit for you!"

Can't lose, won't lose.

Sensible forward planning in case of a rainy day?

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 21:30 - Jun 24 with 2240 viewsYouTubeDale

They are only following the Glazer model of ownership. Trouble is, bury isn't a worldwide brand which is an important part of the Glazer model for financing the thing.
You'd have thought that they believe they have a world brand the way they have started...
According to BBC Sport :-
But manager Kevin Blackwell will also welcome as many as 25 triallists, as he aims to shape a squad capable of returning to the third tier at the first attempt next season.

"We've put a worldwide scouting system in place, and we've got 25 players that have come from all over the world coming into training - we've even got a lad coming in from Brazil."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23028715
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 21:31 - Jun 24 with 2236 viewsR17ALE

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 21:25 - Jun 24 by Daley_Lama

SCM Sports Management Ltd has only got 2 directors, back on the original subject.

It's head office can be viewed here on the info tab.

http://www.companieslist.co.uk/08541640-sg-sports-management-limited

Swanky!

And one of their main trades is finding blokes in England for single Ukraine ladies!

No wonder Milesy is being tipped to join their board!

You can't make this stuff up!

Where's pops and dpiddy and t'others?

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 21:32 - Jun 24 with 2230 viewsSuddenLad

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 21:25 - Jun 24 by Daley_Lama

SCM Sports Management Ltd has only got 2 directors, back on the original subject.

It's head office can be viewed here on the info tab.

http://www.companieslist.co.uk/08541640-sg-sports-management-limited

Swanky!

Only 2 directors, but plenty of adverts for Chinese Girls. Perhaps they are part of the 'worldwide scouting network'

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 21:33 - Jun 24 with 2219 viewsjudd

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 21:31 - Jun 24 by R17ALE

And one of their main trades is finding blokes in England for single Ukraine ladies!

No wonder Milesy is being tipped to join their board!

You can't make this stuff up!

Where's pops and dpiddy and t'others?

Company only a month old yet can raise a mortgage already?

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 21:36 - Jun 24 with 2212 viewsR17ALE

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 21:33 - Jun 24 by judd

Mmmm, Gigg Lane will end up as the property of Sports Management. It might need the skill of a commercial property law expert, which is where this all may fall down as they can't afford one.

Login to get fewer ads

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 21:37 - Jun 24 with 2205 viewsjudd

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 21:36 - Jun 24 by R17ALE

Mmmm, Gigg Lane will end up as the property of Sports Management. It might need the skill of a commercial property law expert, which is where this all may fall down as they can't afford one.

Erm...

Could become a knocking shop, looking at those ads

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 21:39 - Jun 24 with 2192 viewsR17ALE

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 21:37 - Jun 24 by judd

Erm...

Could become a knocking shop, looking at those ads

Perhaps they could use the Bishop in them and earn some money?

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 21:41 - Jun 24 with 2178 viewsD_Alien

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 21:39 - Jun 24 by R17ALE

Perhaps they could use the Bishop in them and earn some money?

They'd be onto a goldmine with The Bury Bi-Shop
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 21:44 - Jun 24 with 2154 viewsDaley_Lama

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 21:33 - Jun 24 by judd

Easy peesy

All you have to do is sign a debenture against prime property, meaning that anybody else who would up the lendee would not get a single penny until you get every single penny you put in is paid back,

That's every penny I assume, including what they have paid to the FL and the Taxman. Anything spent on sofas too.

Can't lose, won't lose.

Poll: DF in or out

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 21:48 - Jun 24 with 2134 viewsTTNYear

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 21:44 - Jun 24 by Daley_Lama

Easy peesy

All you have to do is sign a debenture against prime property, meaning that anybody else who would up the lendee would not get a single penny until you get every single penny you put in is paid back,

That's every penny I assume, including what they have paid to the FL and the Taxman. Anything spent on sofas too.

Can't lose, won't lose.

Enough said

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 21:48 - Jun 24 with 2132 viewsjudd

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 21:44 - Jun 24 by Daley_Lama

Easy peesy

Can't lose, won't lose.

I would guess that those debts were funded by the mortgage.

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 21:51 - Jun 24 with 2114 viewsTTNYear

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 21:48 - Jun 24 by judd

I would guess that those debts were funded by the mortgage.

They were bathing in gold a month ago. Where's the bloody gold gone?

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 21:52 - Jun 24 with 2104 viewsjudd

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 21:51 - Jun 24 by TTNYear

Global scouting networks don't fall out of tress y'know.

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 21:53 - Jun 24 with 2100 viewsTVOS1907

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 21:51 - Jun 24 by TTNYear

David Gold?

Someone else who has worked with Karren Brady!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 22:14 - Jun 24 with 2049 viewsBigDaveMyCock

I'm still staggered that it is Rochdale and Port Vale fans who are questioning this. It may not be what it increasingly looks, but it stinks like the back of a fish mongers on a hot summers day. I know it's been mentioned about the apathy of Bury fans towards the smell, but there is not even the raise of one nostril hair from any journalist from the Bury Times (or whatever their local rag is) etc.
Bizarre.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 22:16 - Jun 24 with 2036 viewsjudd

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 22:14 - Jun 24 by BigDaveMyCock

I'm still staggered that it is Rochdale and Port Vale fans who are questioning this. It may not be what it increasingly looks, but it stinks like the back of a fish mongers on a hot summers day. I know it's been mentioned about the apathy of Bury fans towards the smell, but there is not even the raise of one nostril hair from any journalist from the Bury Times (or whatever their local rag is) etc.
Bizarre.

But it's a perfectly legal business practice. That's probably what's thrown the bury fans.

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 22:16 - Jun 24 with 2034 views442Dale

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 22:14 - Jun 24 by BigDaveMyCock

Bizarre.

Whatever happens, some people down the A58 should be thoroughly ashamed at their attitude tonight.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 22:20 - Jun 24 with 2015 viewsSuddenLad

Well, if I hadn't been unduly worried before tonight's carefully 'released statement', I certainly would be now.

It smacks of panic, even at this early stage.

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 22:29 - Jun 24 with 1990 viewsjudd

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 22:20 - Jun 24 by SuddenLad

Well, if I hadn't been unduly worried before tonight's carefully 'released statement', I certainly would be now.

It smacks of panic, even at this early stage.

They're only protecting their financial investment.

They've bought a failed business, don't know if they got 100% of shares but clearly have sufficient ownership in order to issue the debenture.

They will undoubtedly have had to pay a significant deposit on a commercial mortgage, so I expect their purchase price was way below the balance sheet asset value.

Commercial mortgage rates are typically attracting interest rates 3% above LIBOR so the immediate impact on cash flow will be painful. Has the club got the ability to generate sufficient cash flow in order to fund repayments over the mid to long term?

Fees from transfers are not all paid up in one installment.

Not much commercial activity until August.

In the immediate term the mortgage cash will be used to repay the mortgage, I guess. After that...

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 22:34 - Jun 24 with 1977 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 22:16 - Jun 24 by judd

But it's a perfectly legal business practice. That's probably what's thrown the bury fans.

Oh yeah, as I've said there's nothing overly controversial about the mortgage. However, it's not what was originally promised or allowed to be believed. The general ignorance of the Bury fans to this point aside, there has been still been a staggering lack of interest or inquisition in regards to this matter from the Bury press. A chairman not revealing himself for so long, mortgaging the ground, the identity of SG Sports and no players whatsoever. They, like the fans, have just believed what they've been told. It's been us, Dale fans, who have said hang on this is not what you were led to believe it was.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 22:36 - Jun 24 with 1968 viewsjudd

Details remain sketchy as to his businesses, how much he has personally invested in the club and what his motives are for getting involved.

http://www.burytimes.co.uk/sport/10453905.New_Bury_chairman_is_a_31_year_old_pro

30th May

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 22:42 - Jun 24 with 1957 viewsSuddenLad

Bury, some mortgage questions.... on 22:29 - Jun 24 by judd

They're only protecting their financial investment.

They've bought a failed business, don't know if they got 100% of shares but clearly have sufficient ownership in order to issue the debenture.

They will undoubtedly have had to pay a significant deposit on a commercial mortgage, so I expect their purchase price was way below the balance sheet asset value.

Commercial mortgage rates are typically attracting interest rates 3% above LIBOR so the immediate impact on cash flow will be painful. Has the club got the ability to generate sufficient cash flow in order to fund repayments over the mid to long term?

Fees from transfers are not all paid up in one installment.

Not much commercial activity until August.

In the immediate term the mortgage cash will be used to repay the mortgage, I guess. After that...

Well judd, you have far more knowledge of commercial financial matters than I have, but I have to say that from the layman's perspective, it just doesn't seem to add up somehow.

It's like one of those situations where you poke something with a stick to see if it twitches or to see whether it's actually real, without knowing what will actually happen.

I find it all very disturbing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024