Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has anyone here got any claims to fame? 15:35 - Dec 8 with 8974 viewshbk4894

for example , your best mate being in Eastenders.
Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 16:38 - Dec 8 with 5118 viewsdavidab2202

A football watching,drinking ,smoking work colleague in the late sixties/early seventies was John Reid former Home Secretary in Blair's government
Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 17:21 - Dec 8 with 5038 viewsRochdaleLeeds

I coached Jack O'Connell at Liverpool County FA Under 18s

&

Rhys Williams whos goalkeeper for Wales Under 16's and one of the best prospects at Bury Academy.
Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 17:22 - Dec 8 with 5028 viewsColDale

Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 17:21 - Dec 8 by RochdaleLeeds

I coached Jack O'Connell at Liverpool County FA Under 18s

&

Rhys Williams whos goalkeeper for Wales Under 16's and one of the best prospects at Bury Academy.

I reffed Tom Kennedy's trial match for the Bury Town team when he was Year 8 at Woodhey
Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 17:32 - Dec 8 with 4982 viewsTVOS1907

I once reffed Andy Liddell for Farsley Celtic U16.

And I taught Agyness Deyn.

And I was on Countdown - and lost!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 17:32 - Dec 8 with 4980 viewsBigDaveMyCock

I'm a relation of the late comedy actor Will Hay (he was my grandmother's uncle). People may know him from Oh, Mr Porter films.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2013 17:33]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 17:37 - Dec 8 with 4952 viewspaulscho

Played golf with Bill Williams and Steve Taylor

livinginadalewonderland

Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 17:39 - Dec 8 with 4942 viewsValleySaddler

A Dubious claim to fame.............
During a season on the coast in the mid 80 s i used to drink with the Krankies......
And christ could wee Jimmy drink,lord knows where she put it.........
Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 17:39 - Dec 8 with 4942 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

My Grandfather's cousin was the wife of Ronnie Simpson (ex-Newcastle & Scotland)

...it doesn't get much more tenuous than that!
Login to get fewer ads

Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 17:42 - Dec 8 with 4934 viewspaulscho

Tatts one of Rochdales best ,golden boot winner !!

livinginadalewonderland

Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 17:46 - Dec 8 with 4916 viewsFrog

My mothers aunt's step son was Hollywood actor Donald Houston
Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 17:47 - Dec 8 with 4909 viewsDaley_Lama

Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 17:42 - Dec 8 by paulscho

Tatts one of Rochdales best ,golden boot winner !!

Clean bowled former England Captain Michael Atherton*

*in the nets
**before he was famous

Poll: DF in or out

Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 17:50 - Dec 8 with 4899 viewsColDale

I tried chatting up the band Shampoo at a Blur concert once before they became famous briefly.
Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 17:56 - Dec 8 with 4860 viewssykeboy

knocked back Lisa Stansfield on door at Nell Rackers for being underage .....bless!
Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 18:03 - Dec 8 with 4836 viewsTalkingSutty

I once had dinner at the same table as Marvin Hagler and also had the pleasure of meeting Angelo Dundee (Muhammed Ali trainer).
Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 18:04 - Dec 8 with 4828 viewsmodelboydave

Remember playing with david beckham at bobby charlton soccer school in 1986. He was the only southerner there and was a class above then.

Also trained with Henry Lansbury and jack wilshire when they used to Train with hatfield town whilst youngsters at arsenal in 2007. The club knew they moonlighted but turned a blind eye as better than boozing and chasing birds !!

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 18:08 - Dec 8 with 4816 viewsmikehunt

Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 17:32 - Dec 8 by BigDaveMyCock

I'm a relation of the late comedy actor Will Hay (he was my grandmother's uncle). People may know him from Oh, Mr Porter films.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2013 17:33]

Big Dave - would you know if Will Hay's brother was headmaster at Bacup' and Rawtenstall Grammer back in the 30's? An old dear told me Will was a frequent visitor to Waterfoot as a result. This could be Waterfoot's tenuous claim to fame.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 18:14 - Dec 8 with 4800 viewsTVOS1907

Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 18:08 - Dec 8 by mikehunt

Big Dave - would you know if Will Hay's brother was headmaster at Bacup' and Rawtenstall Grammer back in the 30's? An old dear told me Will was a frequent visitor to Waterfoot as a result. This could be Waterfoot's tenuous claim to fame.

I can answer that for you.

Unless he's got a different surname, the answer is no, as the Head's pictures are currently on the wall in the hall and none of them are called Hay.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 18:30 - Dec 8 with 4775 viewsJumeirahDale

Carlton Palmer and Lee Sharpe are regulars in my local.

And when I was a kid, my bunkbed was fitted by Danny McNamara of Embrace, whose Dad is a carpenter!
Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 18:30 - Dec 8 with 4775 viewsBrierls

Clipped by Naseem Hamed in his Ferrari as he was speeding up Ecclesall Road in Sheffield. I was stumbling across the road from the pub to KFC.

Shared several drinks with Big Sam, Ally McCoist, Ruud Gullit, Andy Townsend, Terry Venables & Clive Tyldesley while at World Cup 2006 in Germany. They stayed in the same city as us, Wiesbaden near Frankfurt, during the group stages. Great memories of asking Ruud Gullit to "kiss the badge" on my Dale shirt, with Big Sam and Ally McCoist fighting my corner. He didn't.

NigeriaMark on here ended up staying in the same B&B as Harry Redknapp in Bloemfontein during World Cup 2010, and shared a taxi with him to the ground. Harry was trying to get several bets on. Mark tried to convince him to join us for a geet big steak at the pub we were in, but he had some bullshit excuse of needing to be in the studio for pre-match build up.
Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 18:33 - Dec 8 with 4774 viewsJumeirahDale

Carlton Palmer and Lee Sharpe are regulars in my local.

And when I was a kid, my bunkbed was fitted by Danny McNamara of Embrace, whose Dad is a carpenter!
Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 18:51 - Dec 8 with 4728 viewsBigKindo

Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 17:32 - Dec 8 by TVOS1907

I once reffed Andy Liddell for Farsley Celtic U16.

And I taught Agyness Deyn.

And I was on Countdown - and lost!

Lost badly, very badly.
Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 19:00 - Dec 8 with 4705 viewsR17ALE

Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 18:51 - Dec 8 by BigKindo

Lost badly, very badly.

Isn't your Uncle Steve Kindon, the former Burnley player BK?

Apparently, I'm related very distantly to the founder of the IRA!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 19:41 - Dec 8 with 4594 viewsSuddenLad

Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 19:00 - Dec 8 by R17ALE

Isn't your Uncle Steve Kindon, the former Burnley player BK?

Apparently, I'm related very distantly to the founder of the IRA!

Bloody Hell, BK is old enough to be Steve Kindons' Grandad !!

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 19:43 - Dec 8 with 4585 viewsArthurDaley

My Mum was a relation of Benjamin Rudman one of the original Rochdale pioneers.
Her ashes and my dads are in the same grave as Ben in Rochdale cemetery.

A large VAT Dave

Has anyone here got any claims to fame? on 19:51 - Dec 8 with 4569 viewsTalkingSutty

My step mum was Dr steptoes anaetsthatist at the birth of Louise Brown, the first Test tube baby. That was a historic moment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024