Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Weaker or stronger? 09:54 - Jan 18 with 10730 viewsdawlishdale

Just thought I'd ask peoples opinion on our transfer dealings to date in the January window.

Ins:

Billy Nott (loan from Lincoln) Good swap deal . Can't be as poor as Williams surely?

Ryan Delaney (signed from Burton) Untried defender. No appearances in England. One for the future?

Sam Hart: (loan from Blackburn) Left Back Again, an untried player...not played a L1 game yet.

Outs:

Jordan Williams (Loan to Lincoln) Has been awful here. Good deal for all parties

Joe Bunney (Sold to Northampton) bit of a surprise, selling to a relegation rival in the same league, but Joe divides opinion among fans I know. Surely, we didn't need the money?

Jordan Slew: Left at end of short term contract. Never given a chance, Not much idea if he is any good based on what I saw.

MJ Williams : Back to parent club. Had been injured that long I'd almost forgotten him being here, but we looked better when he did play.

Other stuff:

There are also rumours of Camps leaving, and I had a phone call last night telling me that we are trying to offload several other players...some are regular first teamers if fit. Others are no surprise, but not able to go at present.

No idea if we intend to bring anyone else in.

I reckon that we are weaker now than before the window opened, and I expect us to add some quality to the squad without too many departures. However, the realist in me expects Camps to be sold (undisclosed fee) and for us to bring in a couple of players...one youngster and one we've seen before.

Need to bring in

Box to box midfield player
Winger with pace
Goal scorer (which is always the hardest thing to find)
New pitch (the correct one this time please...what a waste the last one has been)

I've given up on us signing Jims replacement. This is something that we should have done over a year ago, but Hill obviously can't see a problem or he wouldn't have given him a contract extension.

Weaker or stronger? on 09:59 - Jan 18 with 6321 viewsHopwoodblue

I would hope we can bring at least an attacking midfielder in before Saturday.
I also would not be supprised if things don’t go our way in the transfer market,the game is called off this weekend and saved for another day when we are a bit stronger.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Weaker or stronger? on 10:39 - Jan 18 with 6219 viewsMoonyDale

Weaker or stronger? on 09:59 - Jan 18 by Hopwoodblue

I would hope we can bring at least an attacking midfielder in before Saturday.
I also would not be supprised if things don’t go our way in the transfer market,the game is called off this weekend and saved for another day when we are a bit stronger.

Can't really make a judgement on the new lads as we haven't seen them play, if we are shipping out more dead wood without replacing them it definitely looks like we are planning for league 2...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Weaker or stronger? on 11:08 - Jan 18 with 6142 viewsDaleFan7

On the basis of not seeing the new 3. Stronger because we can't have Williams and Bunney in the team who have both been p!ss poor this season.
Weaker or stronger? on 11:37 - Jan 18 with 6074 viewsSandyman

Be good to get Davis back and in condition. He's the proven goalscorer we need.
Weaker or stronger? on 11:55 - Jan 18 with 6028 viewsMolly

Sam Hart has played 14 league 1 games thus far in his career.
Weaker or stronger? on 11:59 - Jan 18 with 6016 viewsJimmyRustler

Weaker or stronger? on 11:37 - Jan 18 by Sandyman

Be good to get Davis back and in condition. He's the proven goalscorer we need.

Fat chance of that happening.

Boom Boom.
Weaker or stronger? on 12:03 - Jan 18 with 5999 viewsdingdangblue

Weaker or stronger? on 11:59 - Jan 18 by JimmyRustler

Fat chance of that happening.

Boom Boom.

Not even a slim chance?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Weaker or stronger? on 12:25 - Jan 18 with 5917 viewsJimmyRustler

Weaker or stronger? on 12:03 - Jan 18 by dingdangblue

Not even a slim chance?

Also known as Logan's ratio nowadays!
Login to get fewer ads

Weaker or stronger? on 12:29 - Jan 18 with 5900 viewsShun

To the OP, what did your phone call say was the reason for us wanting to offload so many first teamers?
Weaker or stronger? on 12:31 - Jan 18 with 5894 viewsgeraldo

I hope we get a decent,proven striker before Sat - I know these come expensive, but what are we doing with our recent windfalls, apart from topping up the KH retirement pot?

Given Hill's reluctance to spend any money, as it affects his transfers commission, I expect us to shuffle the pack and play Hendo up front
Weaker or stronger? on 12:35 - Jan 18 with 5869 viewsKenBoon

Weaker or stronger? on 12:29 - Jan 18 by Shun

To the OP, what did your phone call say was the reason for us wanting to offload so many first teamers?

Probably because they're all shite.
Weaker or stronger? on 12:39 - Jan 18 with 5853 viewsbrady

Spoke to some Blackburn fans this morning, they rate Sam Hart quite highly, They were suprised he had been loaned out,
Weaker or stronger? on 12:45 - Jan 18 with 5830 viewsboromat

We'll see how the transfer window develops but I wouldn't be against a planned relegation if that's what the club decides is best as long as they're up front about it. We could see a lot of very good young players blooded from now until the end of the season ready for next year and you never know they might just surprise us.

Obviously I'd rather stay up but maybe we've hit a point where the wages have been upped and upped with the regular first teamers that we need to have a clear out and start a fresh.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Weaker or stronger? on 12:54 - Jan 18 with 5790 viewsTVOS1907

Weaker or stronger? on 12:31 - Jan 18 by geraldo

I hope we get a decent,proven striker before Sat - I know these come expensive, but what are we doing with our recent windfalls, apart from topping up the KH retirement pot?

Given Hill's reluctance to spend any money, as it affects his transfers commission, I expect us to shuffle the pack and play Hendo up front

Do you really believe everything you’ve written?
[Post edited 18 Jan 2018 13:28]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Weaker or stronger? on 13:20 - Jan 18 with 5684 viewsrochdaleriddler

I'll wait till the end of the window to pass judgement

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Weaker or stronger? on 14:36 - Jan 18 with 5510 viewsgeraldo

It's not just me that is concerned about where the £1m + that we received to date has gone.

Giving Hill a 5year contract was ridiculous for a club our size
Weaker or stronger? on 14:44 - Jan 18 with 5484 viewsdeeplishblue

We are in the bottom 2.
No point persisting with the same old same old.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Weaker or stronger? on 14:53 - Jan 18 with 5450 viewsTVOS1907

Weaker or stronger? on 14:36 - Jan 18 by geraldo

It's not just me that is concerned about where the £1m + that we received to date has gone.

I was meaning the implication about his reluctance, if that’s what it is, to spend money.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Weaker or stronger? on 16:04 - Jan 18 with 5342 viewsdawlishdale

Well... the signing of Dobre covers the youngster I was expecting, and it looks like he has some pace from the YouTube clips. Never heard of him to be honest and it's another relatively untried and untested player to add to Delaney & Hart.

Still, I wish them all, plus Billy Nott, all the best, and pray that somehow we can escape from the mess we are in.

So my expectation is now for us to sign a player we've had before, and sell Camps near to deadline day.
Weaker or stronger? on 16:08 - Jan 18 with 5330 viewsIOMDale

Weaker or stronger? on 16:04 - Jan 18 by dawlishdale

Well... the signing of Dobre covers the youngster I was expecting, and it looks like he has some pace from the YouTube clips. Never heard of him to be honest and it's another relatively untried and untested player to add to Delaney & Hart.

Still, I wish them all, plus Billy Nott, all the best, and pray that somehow we can escape from the mess we are in.

So my expectation is now for us to sign a player we've had before, and sell Camps near to deadline day.

Is this just a feeling dawlish or have you been informed?

UTDNFS

Weaker or stronger? on 16:32 - Jan 18 with 5276 viewsSaxonDale

It's impossible to judge until we've seen them play but what it will have done is injected some much needed freshness to proceedings. Gut instinct says we're still missing a real wow player to help give us any chance of survival but time will tell.
Weaker or stronger? on 16:38 - Jan 18 with 5261 viewsdawlishdale

Weaker or stronger? on 16:08 - Jan 18 by IOMDale

Is this just a feeling dawlish or have you been informed?

No.. the signings are all just based on my feelings. I wasn't told about anything to do with incomings.

I was told about a couple of possible departures...one likely, one not so due to fitness.

Might all be rubbish though.
Weaker or stronger? on 16:52 - Jan 18 with 5203 viewselectricblue

Weaker or stronger? on 16:38 - Jan 18 by dawlishdale

No.. the signings are all just based on my feelings. I wasn't told about anything to do with incomings.

I was told about a couple of possible departures...one likely, one not so due to fitness.

Might all be rubbish though.

Well going off that its fair to say camps and davies maybe the two.......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Weaker or stronger? on 16:54 - Jan 18 with 5191 viewsaleanddale

Weaker or stronger? on 14:36 - Jan 18 by geraldo

Not when he is the best option for us regardless of league 1 or lg2.

Hilly deserves that contract on the basis of the best few years I have ever experienced supporting Dale.

He will come good again - watch this space!!
Weaker or stronger? on 17:09 - Jan 18 with 5132 viewsColDale

Hard to say weaker or stronger at the moment, but we've let 4 go out of which only one has been troubling the starting eleven. The four in seem to have enough about them to be at least challenging the first team. Overall, I suspect we've improved but not sufficient to fight off relegation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024