Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walsall (a) Match Thread 14:14 - Nov 19 with 10164 viewsHullDale

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 18:22 - Nov 19 with 6050 viewsEllDale

Smashing interview that.
Love the way that RS talks about ā€œour clubā€.
So refreshingly honest, what a change from the ramblings of the last few years.
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 22:16 - Nov 19 with 5810 views_Windydale

Thinking about the attack,

I'd like to see a similar formation to last Saturday and play with two target men upfront again.

Continue the momentum.

think Andrews played pretty well, and I'm sure he's eager to play and well up for it, to play football nearer to his home team in front of his family. With kelly on form and able to pick out passes there's more opportunity to get balls in the air or to feet, as both Beezley and Andrews especially are decent on the ball.

I would like to see Morley come forward a bit more and take some shots and build on his achievement, that last-minute pearler against Sutton.
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 22:46 - Nov 19 with 5732 viewskel

Thatā€™s a belting interview that. RS admits heā€™s learning on the job and he deserves backing 100% after the turmoil the club has been through. Hope people cut him some slack when the chips are down and remember just how far weā€™ve come from the shite we looked to be in at one point.
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 09:15 - Nov 20 with 5454 viewsThreeLions

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 22:46 - Nov 19 by kel

Thatā€™s a belting interview that. RS admits heā€™s learning on the job and he deserves backing 100% after the turmoil the club has been through. Hope people cut him some slack when the chips are down and remember just how far weā€™ve come from the shite we looked to be in at one point.

Exactly this. It pains me to look at social media and even on here at times when our inexperienced players and manager may have got things slightly wrong. Instead of letting them learn from their mistakes and giving them some encouragement they get beaten with a stick time after time by the same individuals. Robbie has shown me personally that he will get it right and we will see some success. We just have to have a little bit of patience
[Post edited 20 Nov 2021 9:17]
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 09:25 - Nov 20 with 5381 viewsDaleiLama

Ridiculous amounts of common sense in the two posts preceding this. It's as if they are based on real life experience rather than playing FIFA 21 where an algorithm determines outcomes Ć°Åøā€˜Ā

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 09:50 - Nov 20 with 5362 viewsblackdogblue

Just passed RS on Edenfield Road. He was walking past Tesco Express, maybe a clear the head constitutional Ć°ÅøĖœā‚¬

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 14:27 - Nov 20 with 4974 viewsleedsdale

Pleased to see Andrews keep his place

[Post edited 20 Nov 2021 14:27]
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 14:50 - Nov 20 with 4812 viewsleedsdale

White injured in warm up so Keohane comes in. Hope we donā€™t get any more defensive injuries!
Login to get fewer ads

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 15:54 - Nov 20 with 4335 viewsNigeriamark

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 14:50 - Nov 20 by leedsdale

White injured in warm up so Keohane comes in. Hope we donā€™t get any more defensive injuries!

0-0 at HT and not much to write about from the Dale perspective. They don't look a great side to be honest and haven't pressed us like the better teams. However they have had 9 shots to our 2, 3 on target to our 0 and ahead 3 corners to one. 2 good saves from Lynch, the first to block a 1 on 1 with their forward. We have played them onside a couple of times but got away with it

We don't seem to have any tempo to our game at all & need to step it up the second half.We have been powderpuff upfront so far so perhaps Odoh on to have a run at their defence may be the call.
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 16:01 - Nov 20 with 4253 viewsDaleFan7

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 15:54 - Nov 20 by Nigeriamark

0-0 at HT and not much to write about from the Dale perspective. They don't look a great side to be honest and haven't pressed us like the better teams. However they have had 9 shots to our 2, 3 on target to our 0 and ahead 3 corners to one. 2 good saves from Lynch, the first to block a 1 on 1 with their forward. We have played them onside a couple of times but got away with it

We don't seem to have any tempo to our game at all & need to step it up the second half.We have been powderpuff upfront so far so perhaps Odoh on to have a run at their defence may be the call.

I think Odoh flatters to deceive much of the time at the moment but only young. Would rather see Cashman today.
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 16:06 - Nov 20 with 4190 viewsHullDale

Dooley on for Morley at HT - sounds like Morley got a knock at the end of the first half.
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 16:30 - Nov 20 with 3949 viewsNigeriamark

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 16:06 - Nov 20 by HullDale

Dooley on for Morley at HT - sounds like Morley got a knock at the end of the first half.

we have finally woken up after an hour. A couple of great chances & then Kelly hits a rocket against the underside of the bar. Dooley played well since he came on. Game on now
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 16:46 - Nov 20 with 3764 viewsSheffdale

Fast approaching Stockdale time...
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 16:54 - Nov 20 with 3646 viewsSheffdale

Happy with that and second half sounded better.
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 16:54 - Nov 20 with 3645 viewsYorkshire_Dale

FT 0-0.....another point, oh and mighty Plymouth lost!
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 16:57 - Nov 20 with 3572 viewsSandyDrum

What a dreadful 90 minutes of football that was. Should have stayed in the pubs in Birmingham, so boring.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 16:58 - Nov 20 with 3551 viewsDaleFan7

Another point and clean sheet which is good. 58% possession and only 1 shot on target though, we really need to be more creative.
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 16:59 - Nov 20 with 3506 viewsNigeriamark

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 16:54 - Nov 20 by Yorkshire_Dale

FT 0-0.....another point, oh and mighty Plymouth lost!

Better in the second half although most of it in a 10 minute spell where we had a lot of good attacking play. Some frustrating offsides & misplaced tackles. Only had 1 shot on target +hit he bar but didn't deserve more than a point. 6 games unbeaten in the league but we need to find our shooting boots if we want to climb the league. 2 home games in the league then another home game v Plymouth. Would like 2 wins out of that & something for the home fans to cheer.
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 17:15 - Nov 20 with 3324 viewskel

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 16:06 - Nov 20 by HullDale

Some bellend on Twitter replied ā€˜goodā€™ when the club tweeted about that.

Some of our ā€˜fansā€™ are moronic.
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 17:15 - Nov 20 with 3334 views_Windydale

I thought it was an enjoyable game, with two sides working very hard.

Two similar passing sides, canceling each other out.

End to end stuff. Better from Dale for the last 20 mins.

Attacking. Around the outside of the box, we either held onto the ball too much or made the wrong pass. We were getting in good areas though

Okeefe nearly put us ahead with a good strike hitting the crossbar. For his earlier chance, if he had passed to Beezley to his left, Beezley would have scored.

Thought Newbys twisting and turning in possession, held onto long too at times and ran into trouble.

Dorsett worked his socks off and had a decent game and so did the other two defenders.

Dooley did alright when he came on, showing speed and alertness. Passing was good too.
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 17:21 - Nov 20 with 3261 viewsblackdogblue

Must be near the record for the least amount of posts in a match thread over the 90 mins?

Saying that Walsall is a cold groundā€¦

Any idea how many away fans went?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 17:24 - Nov 20 with 3223 viewsDaleFan7

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 17:21 - Nov 20 by blackdogblue

Must be near the record for the least amount of posts in a match thread over the 90 mins?

Saying that Walsall is a cold groundā€¦

Any idea how many away fans went?

358 according to their twitter.
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 17:29 - Nov 20 with 3154 viewsdawlishdale

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 17:15 - Nov 20 by _Windydale

Attacking. Around the outside of the box, we either held onto the ball too much or made the wrong pass. We were getting in good areas though

Okeefe nearly put us ahead with a good strike hitting the crossbar. For his earlier chance, if he had passed to Beezley to his left, Beezley would have scored.

Thought Newbys twisting and turning in possession, held onto long too at times and ran into trouble.

Dorsett worked his socks off and had a decent game and so did the other two defenders.

Dooley did alright when he came on, showing speed and alertness. Passing was good too.

Almost exactly as I saw it. I thought it was decent entertainment, and a point was probably fair.

In addition, Jay Lynch had a very solid game in goal.
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 17:29 - Nov 20 with 3130 viewskel

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 17:15 - Nov 20 by _Windydale

I quite enjoyed it too. We played really well at times and Dorsett was load better this week.

Never felt worried when Walsall attacked like I do most games watching us and thought they were quite toothless. Noticed they had that ex bury striker up front who the buckets thought was the next Pele when he played for them. He was gash.
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 17:39 - Nov 20 with 3046 viewsD_Alien

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 17:29 - Nov 20 by dawlishdale

Almost exactly as I saw it. I thought it was decent entertainment, and a point was probably fair.

In addition, Jay Lynch had a very solid game in goal.

Glad to hear Lynch justified keeping his place after the cup tie

Someone posted prior to that game "looks like a decent line-up, apart from Lynch"

He should stay between the sticks now and if he falters Coleman will know what he has to do when his chance comes again. Comments like the above one make me wonder what Dale fans expect from a League Two squad built on a shoestring

RS has enabled genuine competition for that key part of the team, and we should be supporting that improvement rather than undermining it

Maybe Dorsett is starting to gain some confidence now too

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024