Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Starting line up 16:07 - Aug 3 with 5575 viewsTomRAFC

What line up would you be picking for the first game?

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Starting line up on 16:12 - Aug 3 with 4407 viewsShun

Lillis
Raff McGahey McNulty Nthle
Keane
Camps Rathbone
Done* Davies Henderson

*Or Andrew if Hill thinks Done needs a few more training sessions to get to know this squad.
Starting line up on 16:21 - Aug 3 with 4364 viewsDannyG_RAFC

Lillis
Rafferty Mcgahey McNulty Nlthe
Keane
Camps Rathbone
Henderson Davies Andrew

Wade
Brown
Canavan
Allen
Inman
Done
Cannon

That's assuming Moore, Bunney , Williams, JT are all injured.

Mcgahey and rafferty we don't know about their injuries yet.
Starting line up on 16:29 - Aug 3 with 4330 views442Dale

Starting line up on 16:21 - Aug 3 by DannyG_RAFC

Lillis
Rafferty Mcgahey McNulty Nlthe
Keane
Camps Rathbone
Henderson Davies Andrew

Wade
Brown
Canavan
Allen
Inman
Done
Cannon

That's assuming Moore, Bunney , Williams, JT are all injured.

Mcgahey and rafferty we don't know about their injuries yet.

Is Williams injured?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Starting line up on 16:38 - Aug 3 with 4291 viewsKnowlesy

Lillis
Raff McGahey Keane Ntlhe
Cannon Camps Rathbone
Innis
Davies Hendo

Subs
Done, Allen, Williams, Brown, Andrew, Morley, Wade

Allen misses out to Cannon for me because of his pressing / energy.
Done has only had one pre season game that I can tell and will need time to gel with the squad
Innis behind the two strikers as that seems to be his best position going off what people have said.
Starting line up on 16:41 - Aug 3 with 4279 viewsrochedale

Lillis
Raff. Mcgahey. Keane. Nithe

Allen. Camps

Andrew. Hendo. Done

Davies

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Starting line up on 16:49 - Aug 3 with 4236 viewsStourdale

Lilis
Raff, McGahey, Keane, Nthle
Cannon,Camps
Rathbone
Hendo, Davies,Done

Think Hilly will go with McNulty though.
Starting line up on 17:29 - Aug 3 with 4097 viewsboromat

Lillis
Raff Keane McNulty Nthle
Cannon Allen Camps Rathbone
Done. Hendo

Pace and energy required playing on the break away at Portsmouth I think is the way to go. Also don't forget Done knows most of this team. Be great to see him alongside Hendo again.

Andrew and Davies can come in if we need to change it up and go more direct or need to defend a lead.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Starting line up on 17:56 - Aug 3 with 4027 viewsscarrow

Starting line up on 17:29 - Aug 3 by boromat

Lillis
Raff Keane McNulty Nthle
Done. Hendo

Pace and energy required playing on the break away at Portsmouth I think is the way to go. Also don't forget Done knows most of this team. Be great to see him alongside Hendo again.

Andrew and Davies can come in if we need to change it up and go more direct or need to defend a lead.

Done and Hendo bicker on the pitch like an old married couple. Always entertaining.

I half expect a slightly more defensive team despite the 70 goals comment.

Poll: Final position

Login to get fewer ads

Starting line up on 19:10 - Aug 3 with 3880 viewsboromat

Starting line up on 17:56 - Aug 3 by scarrow

Done and Hendo bicker on the pitch like an old married couple. Always entertaining.

I half expect a slightly more defensive team despite the 70 goals comment.

They do and Done mentions it in their iFollow interview but I think it's just part of their games they're so competitive they both expect the absolute best from one another.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Starting line up on 21:53 - Aug 3 with 3653 viewsShun

Lillis
Raff Keane McNulty Nthle
Done. Hendo

Does he know most of the team though? Henderson, Allen, Raff, Bunney, Lillis, Camps. That's it, isn't it?

I'm drooling over the prospect of him linking up with Henderson again, they were probably my favourite partnership I've ever seen at Dale.

I hope he plays on Saturday because he's a star at this level, but my head says he won't.
Starting line up on 09:01 - Aug 4 with 3444 viewsdean7321

Starting line up on 16:49 - Aug 3 by Stourdale

Lilis
Raff, McGahey, Keane, Nthle
Cannon,Camps
Rathbone
Hendo, Davies,Done

Think Hilly will go with McNulty though.

Lillis
Raff, Keane, McGahey, Nthle
Allen, Camps
Rathbone
Hendo, Davies, Done

Subs: Wade, McNulty, Cannon, Morley, Inman, Williams, Andrew

Poll: best ever center back

Starting line up on 09:21 - Aug 4 with 3408 viewsNorthernDale

I know that KH as indicated that Rafferty as not had enough pre-season game time, and this may apply to Matty Done as well, but even so I would go for

Lillis
Rafferty, McGahey, Keane, Nithe

Cannon, Allen Camps Done

Davies Henderson

Subs:
Wade, McNulty, Brown, Rathbone, Andrews, Inman, Williams

Although with KH, I would not be surprised if McGahey was right back, with Keane and McNulty in central defence, I would expect KH to pick Andrews to start, possibly instead of Davies.
Starting line up on 09:43 - Aug 4 with 3346 viewsrkershaw

Starting line up on 09:21 - Aug 4 by NorthernDale

I know that KH as indicated that Rafferty as not had enough pre-season game time, and this may apply to Matty Done as well, but even so I would go for

Lillis
Rafferty, McGahey, Keane, Nithe

Cannon, Allen Camps Done

Davies Henderson

Subs:
Wade, McNulty, Brown, Rathbone, Andrews, Inman, Williams

Although with KH, I would not be surprised if McGahey was right back, with Keane and McNulty in central defence, I would expect KH to pick Andrews to start, possibly instead of Davies.

Hilly has mentioned previously that Inman and Williams have been brought in to assist our away form ....(which he thought needed to improve this season).... I think he'll start with Williams and possibly introduce Done from off the bench. Whatever the front combination.....I can see our attacking formation changing throughout the game.....I think Pompey will struggle to contain us!!! The thought of Williams/Done cutting in from either wing and Rathbone/Cannon in our forward 'press' with Hendo pulling the strings and the double physical threat of Davies/Andrew is mouth watering to say the least!!! Our bench will surely be the strongest it's ever been and what is most encouraging is the fact that nobody is now guaranteed a place in the starting 11 (apart from McNulty ofcourse)!! Lillis/Mcgahey/Keane (protecting Jim)/Camps/Done (if played more centrally ala 'false 9'...... must surely rank with the best 'spines' in league one!?!
[Post edited 4 Aug 2017 9:44]
Starting line up on 09:45 - Aug 4 with 3336 viewsChaffRAFC

........................Lillis............................

Rafferty...McGahey...Keane.......Ntlhe

........................Allen...........................
........Rathbone.........Camps................

Hendo........................................Done
.......................Davies.........................

Bench:

Wade, Brown, McNulty, Inman, Williams, Cannon, Andrew

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Starting line up on 10:22 - Aug 4 with 3246 viewsD_Alien

Hilly was adamant on Wednesday that he's going with a left-footed LCB so it's wishful thinking to have Keane alongside McGahey

Lillis
Rafferty McGahey McNulty Ntlhe
Keane
Camps Rathbone
Andrew Davies Hendo

Subs: Wade, Canavan, Cannon, Allen, Inman, Williams, Done

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Starting line up on 11:19 - Aug 4 with 3136 views442Dale

Starting line up on 10:22 - Aug 4 by D_Alien

Hilly was adamant on Wednesday that he's going with a left-footed LCB so it's wishful thinking to have Keane alongside McGahey

Lillis
Keane
Camps Rathbone
Andrew Davies Hendo

That'd be my XI too. Davies and Andrew are a real handful when in the same side and we may as use the former from the start with Done available to come off the bench. Big crowd, set pieces, play our experienced players who can hopefully deal with that initially.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Starting line up on 12:15 - Aug 4 with 3041 viewsrkershaw

Starting line up on 11:19 - Aug 4 by 442Dale

That'd be my XI too. Davies and Andrew are a real handful when in the same side and we may as use the former from the start with Done available to come off the bench. Big crowd, set pieces, play our experienced players who can hopefully deal with that initially.

Will Moore make the bench sooner rather than later...... Hilly doesn't appear to be in a rush to bring another keeper in on loan?
Starting line up on 12:53 - Aug 4 with 2982 viewsD_Alien

Starting line up on 12:15 - Aug 4 by rkershaw

Will Moore make the bench sooner rather than later...... Hilly doesn't appear to be in a rush to bring another keeper in on loan?

He said he's ok with having Wade as back up, but would probably have to make a move if Lillis got injured. The trouble was, keepers coming in on loan are expected to play (i.e. Perreira) and he wouldn't be put on the spot by the clubs in that way. Sounded like he's learnt from that episode.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Starting line up on 13:13 - Aug 4 with 2927 viewsdingdangblue

------------------Lillis------------------

Raff----McGahey-----McNulty----Nthle

-------------------Keane----------------

-----------Camps----------Rathbone-----

---------Hendo-----Davies-----Done------

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Starting line up on 13:22 - Aug 4 with 2904 viewsTalkingSutty

Starting line up on 10:22 - Aug 4 by D_Alien

Lillis
Keane
Camps Rathbone
Andrew Davies Hendo

Very similar to your line up but would be tempted to start with Cannon in place of Rathbone, not much in it though.Hill singled Cannon out a few weeks ago as the player he wants to take over from Lund. I can also see Done starting the game with Davies being introduced from the subs bench, not sure if he is fully fit to start from the off yet. Loads of options in midfield and attack now for Hill to ponder.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2017 13:29]
Starting line up on 13:51 - Aug 4 with 2839 viewsShun

With Done's addition we've gone from being a good side in this league to a very good one. Regardless, tomorrow will be tough. I don't know much about Portsmouth's squad other than that they've acquired Brett Pitman, but confidence will be high in their camp after winning the title last season, and their new takeover has just been completed too.
Starting line up on 15:28 - Aug 4 with 2735 viewsDaveDave

4-2-1-2-1
Lillis
Rafferty Keane McGahey Nthle
Allen Camps
Rathbone
Henderson Done
Davies

Starting line up on 16:41 - Aug 4 with 2642 viewsYadHoDale

Lillis
Raff Keane McNulty Nthle
Done. Hendo

I like that line up.

However an alternative XI of
Wade
Brown/McGahey/Canavan/Kitching
Morley/Andrew*
Williams/Gillam/Inman
Davies

wouldn't be totally shabby, particularly when compared with some of the poor Dale teams of the dark days of the seventies and eighties.

If you add in the injured Moore and Bunney, and the underage Adshead, that may give us possibly the strongest in-depth squad in L1.

*(If that big donkey Fellaini can play CM, the Calvinator can do so in his sleep! :) )
Starting line up on 17:03 - Aug 4 with 2585 viewsBrierls

Starting line up on 16:41 - Aug 4 by YadHoDale

I like that line up.

However an alternative XI of
Wade
Brown/McGahey/Canavan/Kitching
Morley/Andrew*
Williams/Gillam/Inman
Davies

wouldn't be totally shabby, particularly when compared with some of the poor Dale teams of the dark days of the seventies and eighties.

If you add in the injured Moore and Bunney, and the underage Adshead, that may give us possibly the strongest in-depth squad in L1.

*(If that big donkey Fellaini can play CM, the Calvinator can do so in his sleep! :) )

Are you seriously suggesting we have the strongest squad in depth in League One?
(No subject) (n/t) on 17:56 - Aug 4 with 2491 viewsDySporting

Starting line up on 12:53 - Aug 4 by D_Alien

He said he's ok with having Wade as back up, but would probably have to make a move if Lillis got injured. The trouble was, keepers coming in on loan are expected to play (i.e. Perreira) and he wouldn't be put on the spot by the clubs in that way. Sounded like he's learnt from that episode.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024