Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season over. 11:51 - Mar 1 with 3969 viewsrochdale_ranger

I know this is a pessimistic thread after a nice day and evening out but is this effectively our season over and have we resigned ourselves to the fact that we will be a league two outfit next season. It certainly does seem that way when Hill makes comments like “everything’s fine we are top of league two” to paraphrase and blames the fans for drawing with the likes of MK. Major mindset change at the club where we have gone from saying we want to establish ourselves as a league one side to throwing the towel in and saying if we go down it doesn’t matter as we are only little old Rochdale. Or do some still think we will stay in this league?
Season over. on 12:12 - Mar 1 with 3898 viewswimborne_dale

Still 16 games to go. Staying up is highly possible.
Credo Signo

Edgar Allan's Crow

Season over. on 12:21 - Mar 1 with 3867 viewselectricblue

We all know that the club wont bust gut in spending beyond their means which is really the way businesses should be run..
But this season lack of results in the league can be put onto a few things.
Poor pitch.
Cup run.
Wrong personell brought in....

We are constantly told that Dale have one of the lowest wages budgets in the League and even som3 nonleague teams.....
That is what we are told.....

But over the past few seasons Dale have had some added income from the likes of player addons, fees from sold players, and good cup runs....
So why as some of this money not been added to the wages budget im not talking millions but lets say £100k roughly £2k aweek...
That could be split into adding a few hundred quid a week extra on wages to get that certain player or two in to improve the squad....
There are some good players around in the sumner on freebies where im sure a few hundred more in wages would bring them to the COA.

Just my thoughts......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Season over. on 12:23 - Mar 1 with 3857 viewsShun

I think it'll be extremely difficult but it's still very much possible. We know we're well capable of putting in the performances that will see us safe - we've seen quite a few of them over the past month. It's just whether we can put in those performances consistently. I don't feel great about our chances but I'm certainly not resigning us to relegation yet.
Season over. on 12:36 - Mar 1 with 3804 viewssouthealingdale

I know last night didn't really matter and the league is our bread and butter but some of the defending in the second half and failing to track runners for a lot of the game highlights why we aren't picking up any points in the league.

Lapses in concentration. Llorente's hat trick header was really, really poor defending from us

We make defensive mistakes consistently enough that we will struggle to pick up enough points to stay up

I wish it were different

@upthedale on Twitter

Season over. on 12:37 - Mar 1 with 3798 viewsBlueDales

What do they say about self-fulfilling prophecies? If we say we're down, then, in our position, we are.
Season over. on 12:39 - Mar 1 with 3786 viewsRobinHoodDale

I remain optimistic and look forward to warmer games with my Country Season Ticket.
Season over. on 12:46 - Mar 1 with 3740 viewsJimmyRustler

Season over. on 12:36 - Mar 1 by southealingdale

I know last night didn't really matter and the league is our bread and butter but some of the defending in the second half and failing to track runners for a lot of the game highlights why we aren't picking up any points in the league.

Lapses in concentration. Llorente's hat trick header was really, really poor defending from us

We make defensive mistakes consistently enough that we will struggle to pick up enough points to stay up

I wish it were different

Agreed. There's a lot of talk about how good Spurs were and they did perform fairly well but it still felt like they hardly got out of second gear. Our defending was shockingly bad at times last night and you could argue that all of their second half goals were somewhat soft. That being said, our defensive record isn't all that bad this year in the league.

I know we were playing against much higher quality opposition but the second half last night was representative of our ability to switch off as a team at key times and that's something that has cost us a lot of points this season (and at least 4 goals last night). With regards to the league, I'm all for a bit of optimism but anyone who thinks we can stay up has the rose tinters on.
Season over. on 12:50 - Mar 1 with 3715 viewsboromat

Tell that to the 5000+ supporters chanting the great escape tune near the end of the match yesterday.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Login to get fewer ads

Season over. on 13:02 - Mar 1 with 3654 views49thseason

Our ability to defend the centre of the box was highlighted by Barnsley when they put 6 past us a couple of seasons ago and its still no better. I still think part of the problem is that Lillis is rooted to his line and rarely trys to dominate his six yard box. The other common denominator is McNulty who gets dragged out of position too easily.
Season over. on 13:10 - Mar 1 with 3631 views100notout

Season over. on 13:02 - Mar 1 by 49thseason

Our ability to defend the centre of the box was highlighted by Barnsley when they put 6 past us a couple of seasons ago and its still no better. I still think part of the problem is that Lillis is rooted to his line and rarely trys to dominate his six yard box. The other common denominator is McNulty who gets dragged out of position too easily.

I wish he was rooted to his line for their second goal - might have saved it - poor decision making

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Season over. on 13:20 - Mar 1 with 3589 viewsmingthemerciless

Season over. on 13:02 - Mar 1 by 49thseason

That's a criticism you could raise against most modern goalkeepers. They are coached to stay on their line and leave the defending of the centre of the box to the centre halves etc.
Season over. on 14:31 - Mar 1 with 3421 viewsNorthernDale

It is not over to the fat lady is singing, I accept she may be clearing her voice in preparation, but I said it before we have 16 games of which 10 are at home.

So as I have highlighted on a previous post, if we win 8 games and draw 3, it will put us on 53 points, which in he past as been good enough for league safety.

All we need is for KH to pick his best team and attack other teams, because we are better when we attack, rather then defending and the goal for Humphreys may give him the confidence to get the goals which we have been short off, even KH admitted this as been our problem this season and win games. I accept the position is critical, but we still can recover and win the games we need too.
Season over. on 22:53 - Mar 1 with 3038 viewsrochdalefan9

Northern Dale

Seeing those figures gives me hope that we can stay up. This means winning half of our games which if we play like we did in 3/4 of the games against Spurs we care capable of.

Lillis made three great saves in the first half but I am concerned about how far he comes out of his box at times.
Season over. on 18:30 - Mar 14 with 2448 viewsdingdangblue

3 clean sheets since!!!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024