Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? 16:28 - Jan 27 with 4931 viewsdale1968

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55816464

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 16:42 - Jan 27 with 3520 viewsD_Alien

No

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 16:53 - Jan 27 with 3478 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Makes us look like League One Laughing Stock.......
Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 16:53 - Jan 27 with 3479 viewsIgnatius_Sancho

BBM expects no further recruits in this transfer window. There we have it. It's gonna be a nervy second half of the season.
Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 17:00 - Jan 27 with 3433 views442Dale

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 16:53 - Jan 27 by Ignatius_Sancho

BBM expects no further recruits in this transfer window. There we have it. It's gonna be a nervy second half of the season.

Not what he says here:
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/january/bbm-on-gabriel-osho/

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 17:01 - Jan 27 with 3428 viewsSandyman

No. Sadly, the "results are inevitable" but the wrong way, and that is not entertaining to Dale fans. "Entertaining" defeats and "entertainingly" throwing away points amuse the outsider, but disaffect those who follow the club.

"manager Brian Barry-Murphy does not expect to recruit anyone else before the transfer deadline."

Hint: BBM - say you are recruiting a media distribution manager and brand evangelist, get the green light to spend and get a couple of defenders in with those job titles .
Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 17:02 - Jan 27 with 3415 viewsSunningDale

A couple of months ago, when we were going down to meek defeats against Wimbledon or getting thumped at Posh, I remember a lot of people on here saying they wanted to see us go for it and play expansive, 'no fear' football, regardless of the result.

Seems they've changed their tune.

Poll: Should James1980 stop posting pointless polls that have been done to death?

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 17:06 - Jan 27 with 3389 views442Dale

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 17:02 - Jan 27 by SunningDale

A couple of months ago, when we were going down to meek defeats against Wimbledon or getting thumped at Posh, I remember a lot of people on here saying they wanted to see us go for it and play expansive, 'no fear' football, regardless of the result.

Have they? We have shown we can play positive football and score goals. We aren’t winning games because we aren’t defending properly.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 17:15 - Jan 27 with 3356 viewsSunningDale

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 17:06 - Jan 27 by 442Dale

Have they? We have shown we can play positive football and score goals. We aren’t winning games because we aren’t defending properly.

We weren't winning against Posh, Wimbledon, Stockport or Bristol Rovers, etc. either, or defending properly. Maybe we just can't defend and there is no happy medium. Either we try and come out on top in a shootout or we revert to caution, trying to grind out a draw at best.

Poll: Should James1980 stop posting pointless polls that have been done to death?

Login to get fewer ads

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 17:19 - Jan 27 with 3335 viewsAtThePeake

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 17:02 - Jan 27 by SunningDale

I'm not sure you can call this no fear football as we appear to be absolutely terrified every time the opposition comes near our box.

Tangled up in blue.

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 17:19 - Jan 27 with 3331 viewsTVOS1907

Ah yes, Bill Rice, who decided to tweet last night what "a great night out" he was having while NO Dale fans are allowed anywhere near the ground.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 17:32 - Jan 27 with 3290 viewsSunningDale

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 17:19 - Jan 27 by AtThePeake

I'm not sure you can call this no fear football as we appear to be absolutely terrified every time the opposition comes near our box.

Hasn't that been the case all season? We've leaked goals like a sieve regardless of who we've played at the back, the only possible exception being McShane, who's probably good for a half of football every 6 weeks or so.

Even if we try to drum into Roberts and Osho that their they're just to defend and to cut out any unnecessary risks, their age and inexperience is going to lead to mistakes and opposition chances. Not to mention the obligatory concessions from set pieces. Maybe the best way is to keep on going for it and hope the approach works against the weaker teams, such as Plymouth and Wigan away, and we pick up enough points to survive?
[Post edited 27 Jan 2021 17:33]

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 17:35 - Jan 27 with 3275 viewsfinberty

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 17:19 - Jan 27 by TVOS1907

Ah yes, Bill Rice, who decided to tweet last night what "a great night out" he was having while NO Dale fans are allowed anywhere near the ground.

Good for him.....

Presumably not possible to see if he was thumbing his nose in our direction from the comfort of BWFC.
Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 17:58 - Jan 27 with 3196 viewsD_Alien

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 17:32 - Jan 27 by SunningDale

Hasn't that been the case all season? We've leaked goals like a sieve regardless of who we've played at the back, the only possible exception being McShane, who's probably good for a half of football every 6 weeks or so.

Even if we try to drum into Roberts and Osho that their they're just to defend and to cut out any unnecessary risks, their age and inexperience is going to lead to mistakes and opposition chances. Not to mention the obligatory concessions from set pieces. Maybe the best way is to keep on going for it and hope the approach works against the weaker teams, such as Plymouth and Wigan away, and we pick up enough points to survive?
[Post edited 27 Jan 2021 17:33]

It doesn't have to be gung-ho football in added time though does it? Just players given basic instructions on defending either a lead or a point. What's happening at the moment - and it's not a term i use lightly, or without understanding what it means - is simply unprofessional

And that's not entertaining in the slightest

Those scoring the goals are being fundamentally undermined in their endeavours by the lack of basic game preparedness

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 19:22 - Jan 27 with 3065 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 17:58 - Jan 27 by D_Alien

It doesn't have to be gung-ho football in added time though does it? Just players given basic instructions on defending either a lead or a point. What's happening at the moment - and it's not a term i use lightly, or without understanding what it means - is simply unprofessional

Those scoring the goals are being fundamentally undermined in their endeavours by the lack of basic game preparedness

Totally agree. Regardless of wage budgets, playing staff or whatever a bloody pub league defender knows not to bugger about with it in the last few minutes and a pub league striker knows to go to the corner to burn time if we are winning!

BBM is meant to coach this into them (they should not need it) but time after time we do the same thing. We know we have conceded from crosses and set pieces for years, Christ we go on about it enough, and yet nothing is done. McShane and McLoughlan are a bloody waste of money we don’t have, 20 games a season between them but are a good crack in the dressing room, fit in with the Irish banter and great around the young players. So what!

McShane will probably retire end of season (having had a good career, would not be here if not permanent injury) and McLoughlan will drop into non league, he would have made it by now if he was good enough and not constantly injured.

For the price of these 2 we could probably have had Peter Clarke and Wheater, both would offer a hell of a lot more and have played at higher levels. We have a squad a little like Coleman’s mates, in that he brought in people he knew and everyone moaned. BBM is doing something very similar with Irish players.

Might just check final score next game as going 2 up or behind seems to have no relevance on the final score!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 20:16 - Jan 27 with 2982 viewsTVOS1907

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 19:22 - Jan 27 by Thacks_Rabbits

Totally agree. Regardless of wage budgets, playing staff or whatever a bloody pub league defender knows not to bugger about with it in the last few minutes and a pub league striker knows to go to the corner to burn time if we are winning!

BBM is meant to coach this into them (they should not need it) but time after time we do the same thing. We know we have conceded from crosses and set pieces for years, Christ we go on about it enough, and yet nothing is done. McShane and McLoughlan are a bloody waste of money we don’t have, 20 games a season between them but are a good crack in the dressing room, fit in with the Irish banter and great around the young players. So what!

McShane will probably retire end of season (having had a good career, would not be here if not permanent injury) and McLoughlan will drop into non league, he would have made it by now if he was good enough and not constantly injured.

For the price of these 2 we could probably have had Peter Clarke and Wheater, both would offer a hell of a lot more and have played at higher levels. We have a squad a little like Coleman’s mates, in that he brought in people he knew and everyone moaned. BBM is doing something very similar with Irish players.

Might just check final score next game as going 2 up or behind seems to have no relevance on the final score!

Possibly, but don't forget that Dooley, Keohane and McLaughlin (initially) were all brought in by Hill and one of them is from the 'other' Ireland.

Yes, the first two had their contracts extended under BBM, but they were already here and may well have had extension clauses in those contracts. Who knows?

O'Connell is our best defender and has hardly missed a game until his current absence, so his Irish roots are never really mentioned.

That leaves Bazunu (not our player) and McShane (desperation signing after we had played Calvin at centre-half). Maybe Jimmy Ryan has some Irish blood as well.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2021 20:21]

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 20:29 - Jan 27 with 2954 viewsAtThePeake

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 17:58 - Jan 27 by D_Alien

I would argue that it is entertaining for neutrals and the article is written by and for neutrals.

Tangled up in blue.

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 20:46 - Jan 27 with 2917 viewsD_Alien

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 20:29 - Jan 27 by AtThePeake

I would argue that it is entertaining for neutrals and the article is written by and for neutrals.

The trouble is, neutrals don't watch the games, therefore it's an invalid argument

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 20:51 - Jan 27 with 2888 viewsjudd

Holland had a hugely entertaining team in the 1970s.

Didn't win owt though, except plaudits

Poll: What is it to be then?

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 21:40 - Jan 27 with 2814 viewsjonahwhereru

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 19:22 - Jan 27 by Thacks_Rabbits

Racism and rubbish in one post. One of your better efforts Thacks.

Attacking down the flanks has been a basic of football since the game started, because it is a successful way to create goals. All teams concede from wide positions and set pieces. Most goals come from them. Dale do not hold the monopoly in conceding from these situations. Amazingly wide player / wingers are still an influence on the game. Can you see why.

McLaughlin has been in 15 match day squad and is on one of the lowest wages. Oh and Thacks it was you who called him a wage thief. Shame on you.

So it’s now Time to blame our woes on being too Irish!!!. Yep I have finally bit on your bigotry, much to my own annoyance.
Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 21:44 - Jan 27 with 2811 viewsAtThePeake

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 20:46 - Jan 27 by D_Alien

The trouble is, neutrals don't watch the games, therefore it's an invalid argument

You'd be surprised I think. Two people I know who don't support an EFL club have told me they are going to watch our game on Sat. Would Chalky have tuned in last night if our recent games hadn't been so high-scoring?

I'm absolutely not defending the results here by the way or claiming I'm entertained by high-scoring defeats, just defending the use of the word in the article because it isn't written for Dale fans.

Tangled up in blue.

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 21:46 - Jan 27 with 2804 viewsAtThePeake

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 20:51 - Jan 27 by judd

Holland had a hugely entertaining team in the 1970s.

Didn't win owt though, except plaudits

I know all about teams being entertaining and not winning anything but I'm pretty sure people are sick of my Spurs posts at this point!

Tangled up in blue.

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 21:55 - Jan 27 with 2782 viewsTVOS1907

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 21:46 - Jan 27 by AtThePeake

I know all about teams being entertaining and not winning anything but I'm pretty sure people are sick of my Spurs posts at this point!

They were a good team when they had the likes of Galvin, Hazard and Hoddle playing.

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 21:59 - Jan 27 with 2774 viewsD_Alien

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 21:44 - Jan 27 by AtThePeake

You'd be surprised I think. Two people I know who don't support an EFL club have told me they are going to watch our game on Sat. Would Chalky have tuned in last night if our recent games hadn't been so high-scoring?

I'm absolutely not defending the results here by the way or claiming I'm entertained by high-scoring defeats, just defending the use of the word in the article because it isn't written for Dale fans.

Wouldn't be surprised at a handful of neutrals thinking "I'll give it a go"

I'd be very surprised if they pay to watch more than once

I'd be genuinely interested to hear if they were entertained

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 22:03 - Jan 27 with 2767 viewsjudd

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 21:46 - Jan 27 by AtThePeake

Eh?

Spurs and entertainment peaked with that shite Ossie and Tortingham going to Wembley song.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 22:30 - Jan 27 with 2696 viewsAtThePeake

Rochdale: Are they the great entertainers in English football? on 22:03 - Jan 27 by judd

Eh?

Spurs and entertainment peaked with that shite Ossie and Tortingham going to Wembley song.

You obviously didn't hear the 2016 league cup final version of Hotshot Tottenham that tried to rhyme Dembele with Stambouli.

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024