Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Release List Reality Check 18:56 - Jun 20 with 4868 viewsjonahwhereru

Did I at any stage in the last 4 months think that Ian Henderson was definitely going to sign a new contract,no. I Hoped he might but like many speculated I feared he wouldn’t. When time dragged on it seemed less and less likely.
Did I think it was a done deal Callum Camps would stay at Dale given the choice, no. I always suspected that this might be his time to spread his wings.
All the others released I can see a case for it being the right decision. So Covid or not we are sort of where I regrettable expected us to be right in terms of the squad.

Dale now have the largest amount of wage headroom they have probably ever had, admittedly in very challenging times for many clubs. Big pressure on BBM to make signings that can maintain a decent position in the table next season. I live in hope and belief he is the right man to do it.

Since the turn of the century we have rarely been without a very decent striker. We have a nack of unearthing them. A pessimist would say our luck is about to run out, an optimist would say an exciting new challenge lies ahead. I want to be an optimist.

UTD

Release List Reality Check on 19:11 - Jun 20 with 3462 viewsJames1980

Indeed let us hope we are looking at an exciting new challenge. The problem is that will the way Ian Henderson has been treated make other players think twice before joining us.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Release List Reality Check on 19:20 - Jun 20 with 3439 views49thseason

The end doesn't justify the means. No matter what the results of not giving Henderson the contract he wanted, there is still no excuse for telling him by email or allowing him to find out from social media that his career at Rochdale was over.

The person responsible for the decision not to offer furher amendments should have had the guts to tell him in an acceptable fashion, either face to face or as a minimum by phone. Any employee deserves to be told bad news in a proper manner be they the star striker or the Gold Bond agent who has worked for 10 years or more or indeed anyone who has been at the club in any capacity for the briefest length of time.
This sort of behaviour is far too prevalent and is anoher example of wrong attitudes and lack of respect and needs to stop, its harming the club and possibly those on the receiving end of it. Sooner or later this attitude will cost the club a great deal of money. Its not who we are and not who we want to be. The fans and shareholders need to tell the board enough is enough.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2020 19:29]
Release List Reality Check on 19:31 - Jun 20 with 3390 viewsD_Alien

Release List Reality Check on 19:11 - Jun 20 by James1980

Indeed let us hope we are looking at an exciting new challenge. The problem is that will the way Ian Henderson has been treated make other players think twice before joining us.

It's a more immediate concern how those retained will react to all this

They'll be glad to still be under contract of course, but it can't fail to put a cloud on their relationship with the club. Jimmy McNulty in his PFA role seemed to be doing the liaison with the club during the furlough process. He has a further role to play now with the morale of the younger players

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Release List Reality Check on 19:33 - Jun 20 with 3386 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Social Media and email seems the way people communicate these days......but it's bordering on cowardly in my book, in circumstances like this, man up!.

If we are the Dale Family why did we not speak face to face......If this is all true I feel really gutted for Hendo!

What a way to go. Poor form from the Club.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2020 19:35]
Release List Reality Check on 20:04 - Jun 20 with 3316 viewsrichfoad32

Release List Reality Check on 19:11 - Jun 20 by James1980

I doubt it. It will be a buyers market and players will know they can't afford to play hardball or take any moral stance. A lot of them will just be grateful to be playing at a relatively high level.
Release List Reality Check on 20:11 - Jun 20 with 3280 viewsrochdaleriddler

Release List Reality Check on 20:04 - Jun 20 by richfoad32

I doubt it. It will be a buyers market and players will know they can't afford to play hardball or take any moral stance. A lot of them will just be grateful to be playing at a relatively high level.

Hardly the way to make players loyal to the club though, people here just because it was better than nothing

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Release List Reality Check on 20:19 - Jun 20 with 3272 viewsrichfoad32

Release List Reality Check on 20:11 - Jun 20 by rochdaleriddler

Hardly the way to make players loyal to the club though, people here just because it was better than nothing

True. But how much loyalty do players truly feel to a club anyway?
Release List Reality Check on 20:25 - Jun 20 with 3249 viewsfinberty

Release List Reality Check on 20:19 - Jun 20 by richfoad32

True. But how much loyalty do players truly feel to a club anyway?

Seven and a half years in one particular case.
Login to get fewer ads

Release List Reality Check on 20:27 - Jun 20 with 3239 viewsrichfoad32

Release List Reality Check on 20:25 - Jun 20 by finberty

Seven and a half years in one particular case.

Yup, good point.
Release List Reality Check on 08:39 - Jun 21 with 3024 viewsTalkingSutty

‘Big pressure on BBM to make the right signings’...you would like to think he will be given a workable L1 budget. If ever there was a time to speculate to accumulate then the upcoming transfer window should be perfect, players with plenty of potential all clamouring for a Club and the scope for us to make a big profit when it comes to selling them on.The canny managers and Clubs will already be doing their homework and now that we have freed up some big wages you would like to think we are one of them wouldn’t you?
[Post edited 21 Jun 2020 8:40]
Release List Reality Check on 08:48 - Jun 21 with 3002 viewsisitme

If you look at the released list a number of bigger earners have been released. I suspect Henderson was our highest paid player and Camps wouldn't have been too far behind.

With the market likely to be flooded with players there will also be plenty of value. I suspect there will be a lot of players in the Stephen Dawson situation a few years back when he was prepared to accept a lower wage on a one year deal and then bet on himself the season after.

With a bit of forsight we might be able to sign up some promising players on longer contracts. If only there was a software package that could help identify them!
Release List Reality Check on 09:12 - Jun 21 with 2954 viewselectricblue

Release List Reality Check on 08:39 - Jun 21 by TalkingSutty

‘Big pressure on BBM to make the right signings’...you would like to think he will be given a workable L1 budget. If ever there was a time to speculate to accumulate then the upcoming transfer window should be perfect, players with plenty of potential all clamouring for a Club and the scope for us to make a big profit when it comes to selling them on.The canny managers and Clubs will already be doing their homework and now that we have freed up some big wages you would like to think we are one of them wouldn’t you?
[Post edited 21 Jun 2020 8:40]

my reckoning is about £600k saved on the wages which is a fair amount.
If the new season sees the £2.5m wage cap come in then that 600k is almost 25% of the budget saved......
[Post edited 21 Jun 2020 10:05]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Release List Reality Check on 09:18 - Jun 21 with 2937 viewsTalkingSutty

Release List Reality Check on 09:12 - Jun 21 by electricblue

my reckoning is about £600k saved on the wages which is a fair amount.
If the new season sees the £2.5m wage cap come in then that 600k is almost 25% of the budget saved......
[Post edited 21 Jun 2020 10:05]

The wage cap will be a blessing in disguise for Clubs like Rochdale because it evens up the league. Players will choose the Portsmouth’s and Sunderland’s because of their potential not because they are doubling or tripling our wages. If Henderson was to sign for Salford or Bolton the likelihood is he will be on less money than he was with us.
Release List Reality Check on 09:39 - Jun 21 with 2895 viewsseasidedale

Can’t see this cap coming in next season, what would you do with clubs like Sunderland who’s wage bill is probably bigger than the cap. Tell them you have to free players in a month or two get get it down, and what about clubs coming down from championship, they would be in the same boat, think it’s unworkable, better a cap based on income like now but would have to be tinkered with, I know it doesn’t affect clubs like us
Release List Reality Check on 09:45 - Jun 21 with 2873 viewsrochdaleriddler

Release List Reality Check on 08:48 - Jun 21 by isitme

If you look at the released list a number of bigger earners have been released. I suspect Henderson was our highest paid player and Camps wouldn't have been too far behind.

With the market likely to be flooded with players there will also be plenty of value. I suspect there will be a lot of players in the Stephen Dawson situation a few years back when he was prepared to accept a lower wage on a one year deal and then bet on himself the season after.

With a bit of forsight we might be able to sign up some promising players on longer contracts. If only there was a software package that could help identify them!

Home grown players are usually on comparatively low wages, which is why they leave. I don’t reckon Camps was a top earner, I’d be surprised if he was in the top 6

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Release List Reality Check on 09:50 - Jun 21 with 2858 viewsisitme

Release List Reality Check on 09:39 - Jun 21 by seasidedale

Can’t see this cap coming in next season, what would you do with clubs like Sunderland who’s wage bill is probably bigger than the cap. Tell them you have to free players in a month or two get get it down, and what about clubs coming down from championship, they would be in the same boat, think it’s unworkable, better a cap based on income like now but would have to be tinkered with, I know it doesn’t affect clubs like us

I think in the proposals it will not be introduced until the 2021/22 season so that there is a year for teams to get their house in order. Although it would need to be confirmed soon so that teams can recruit accordingly. A team like Salford could sign someone on 4,000 a week and then find that's nearly 20% of their wage budget on one player from year two of their deal.
Release List Reality Check on 14:10 - Jun 21 with 2607 viewsswiggy

Feel I need to have a say.
2 year deal on the table, OK but I want 3 years
Covid happens, shit hits fan, millions lose jobs or are furloughed, I have a 2 year deal on the table, do I accept or hold out?
Agent says hold out and play chicken.
I think for myself being a bit risk averse that I say take the deal I might not get another offer? But.
I know released list is being announced and all out of contract players will be released, do I wait for club to make an exception for me because I’m A LEGEND! Or do I get on the phone myself and say “I want to stay and under the circumstances the 2 year deal on the table is acceptable and we’ll be flexible on the minor issues”?
Or do I lose at chicken and bemoan on social media about how I’ve been treated?
What happened to looking after yourself and being proactive?
Sack both agents and save the money I pay them and I’ve given myself a pay increase.

I’m not a big fan of the board but under the circumstances I can understand what has happened, they’ve offered a deal that they can probably no longer afford and it’s not been accepted, so it’s bye bye sorry.
Release List Reality Check on 14:16 - Jun 21 with 2587 viewsD_Alien

Release List Reality Check on 14:10 - Jun 21 by swiggy

Covid happens, shit hits fan, millions lose jobs or are furloughed, I have a 2 year deal on the table, do I accept or hold out?
I think for myself being a bit risk averse that I say take the deal I might not get another offer? But.
I know released list is being announced and all out of contract players will be released, do I wait for club to make an exception for me because I’m A LEGEND! Or do I get on the phone myself and say “I want to stay and under the circumstances the 2 year deal on the table is acceptable and we’ll be flexible on the minor issues”?
Sack both agents and save the money I pay them and I’ve given myself a pay increase.

I’m not a big fan of the board but under the circumstances I can understand what has happened, they’ve offered a deal that they can probably no longer afford and it’s not been accepted, so it’s bye bye sorry.

"Sack both agents and save the money I pay them and I’ve given myself a pay increase."

At the very least, he should have put them on furlough...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Release List Reality Check on 14:22 - Jun 21 with 2570 viewstony_roch975

Release List Reality Check on 19:20 - Jun 20 by 49thseason

The end doesn't justify the means. No matter what the results of not giving Henderson the contract he wanted, there is still no excuse for telling him by email or allowing him to find out from social media that his career at Rochdale was over.

The person responsible for the decision not to offer furher amendments should have had the guts to tell him in an acceptable fashion, either face to face or as a minimum by phone. Any employee deserves to be told bad news in a proper manner be they the star striker or the Gold Bond agent who has worked for 10 years or more or indeed anyone who has been at the club in any capacity for the briefest length of time.
This sort of behaviour is far too prevalent and is anoher example of wrong attitudes and lack of respect and needs to stop, its harming the club and possibly those on the receiving end of it. Sooner or later this attitude will cost the club a great deal of money. Its not who we are and not who we want to be. The fans and shareholders need to tell the board enough is enough.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2020 19:29]

you may well be right but it's a bit ironic complaining about the lack of humanity in a social media communication on a social media site

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Release List Reality Check on 14:41 - Jun 21 with 2524 viewselectricblue

Release List Reality Check on 14:10 - Jun 21 by swiggy

Bad advice at the time from the agents to hold out.
Henderson should have ignored them and signed..........

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Release List Reality Check on 14:52 - Jun 21 with 2508 viewsswiggy

Still thinking about this:
Assuming Hendo’s salary is ca 4K a week which is figure often quoted on these pages,
A two year contract which he turned down was worth......
FOUR HUNDRED THOUSAND POUNDS!!!
For kicking a ball, not exactly a key worker?
Think about it, no wonder he was upset.
Release List Reality Check on 15:15 - Jun 21 with 2465 viewsborodale

Release List Reality Check on 14:41 - Jun 21 by electricblue

Bad advice at the time from the agents to hold out.
Henderson should have ignored them and signed..........

Exactly, any offer pre covid19 with the board pushing the boat out to resign our top scorer will take some matching now along with the freedoms afforded him for his Herbalife work , locality,etc. These two super agents must have some big moves lined up!!! Good luck to him hope the extra money he may get is worth it!!!
Release List Reality Check on 15:42 - Jun 21 with 2407 viewsborodale

Release List Reality Check on 19:33 - Jun 20 by Yorkshire_Dale

Social Media and email seems the way people communicate these days......but it's bordering on cowardly in my book, in circumstances like this, man up!.

If we are the Dale Family why did we not speak face to face......If this is all true I feel really gutted for Hendo!

What a way to go. Poor form from the Club.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2020 19:35]

Don't players have all contract negotiations done through there agents or two agents in this case. I'd be amazed that the club didn't inform his AGENTS of the situation and when it would be withdrawn and him released.. Players and agents can't have it always even your top scorer, a line in the sand has to be drawn somewhere!!
Release List Reality Check on 15:53 - Jun 21 with 2383 viewsncfc_chalky

When all said and done it's down to luck,nobody predicted Coronavirus and he won't be on his own thinking that he had plenty of time to play with before signing on the dotted line on a new contract,roll on a couple of months and the football world has been turned on its head and Dale probably swerved a bullet wages wise,it's all swings and roundabouts as you chose to sell that young lad when you did and got good money for him,if Dale had decided to hold out for more they would be kicking themselves now
[Post edited 21 Jun 2020 15:54]

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Release List Reality Check on 18:13 - Jun 21 with 2253 viewsseasidedale

Be it wrong or right, I think the poor communication is both sides fault. Hendo has 2 agents who will be dealing with the club for him. I thinks that the withdrawal of the deal wasn’t communicated to hendo and the email was probably confirmation of release which he got before he was told so fault on both sides, I think.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024