Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Craig 21:49 - Jul 27 with 4074 viewsEllDale

It might be a forlorn hope but might a Premiership club come and take him off Watford’s hands? And give Dale another nice add-on?
The Hornets might be looking to offload some of their higher earners.
Or is the lad’s reputation sullied by successive relegations?
Our Craig on 22:39 - Jul 27 with 3984 viewsAtThePeake

Can't see many PL clubs being interested after his performance on Sunday.

Tangled up in blue.

Our Craig on 22:50 - Jul 27 with 3968 viewsboromat

Who knows he's not been at Watford too long but if the new manager (assuming they get one) doesn't fancy him they might try moving him on. Can't imagine it'd be for a huge fee though.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Our Craig on 23:44 - Jul 27 with 3891 viewsPotterDale

The new Hermann Hreiðarsson?
Our Craig on 08:08 - Jul 28 with 3718 viewsseasidedale

If I read it right, Watford have or will pay WBA the fee this summer, so hopefully we get our share, as for any more fees it would depend if Watford have sell on to share profits with West Brom, a fee would need to be higher that the 5 million they reportedly paid, so I am doubtful for anymore cash coming, especially as Craig is 30 now
Our Craig on 09:07 - Jul 28 with 3637 viewsmingthemerciless

I think he's not longer prime transfer material after the season he's had unfortunately.
Our Craig on 09:29 - Jul 28 with 3604 viewsmidlandsdale

Great player at championship level, but just not good enough in the PL.
Our Craig on 09:39 - Jul 28 with 3578 views1907

Our Craig on 09:29 - Jul 28 by midlandsdale

Great player at championship level, but just not good enough in the PL.

You needed to add “anymore” to the end of your final sentence.

Craig has had an outstanding Premier League career, his best days are now behind him.
Our Craig on 10:35 - Jul 28 with 3491 viewsmidlandsdale

Our Craig on 09:39 - Jul 28 by 1907

Craig has had an outstanding Premier League career, his best days are now behind him.

Thats a fair point, but outstanding is a bit over the top.
Login to get fewer ads

Our Craig on 13:11 - Jul 28 with 3322 viewsnordenblue

Our Craig on 09:39 - Jul 28 by 1907

Always thought he lacked a yard of pace to play at the very top, top top defender just doesn't have the recovery speed or the vision to make up for his lack of pace.
I'm sure he won't be short of offers though and good luck to the lad
Our Craig on 13:24 - Jul 28 with 3294 viewsmidlandsdale

Our Craig on 13:11 - Jul 28 by nordenblue

Always thought he lacked a yard of pace to play at the very top, top top defender just doesn't have the recovery speed or the vision to make up for his lack of pace.
I'm sure he won't be short of offers though and good luck to the lad

Yes pace was his downfall as he has everything else. I am sure he would be better out of Watford, so pleased when they went down as the owners deserve it given the hire and fire approach
Our Craig on 13:39 - Jul 28 with 3269 viewsD_Alien

It looked (from the way the formations were shown on MOTD and elsewhere) that he was being played as the left-sided centreback. Not his natural side then, so the other CB must have had absolutely no left foot at all (so to speak). Not an excuse for what looked like some very average defending during the highlights (lowlights?) but just another small factor in his career that didn't work in his favour after he left Dale

Would be a very good signing for a reasonably ambitious Championship club, someone like Preston or Blackburn

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Our Craig on 13:45 - Jul 28 with 3260 viewsYorkshire_Dale

I think it's a pity CD didn't get the transfer to Burnley that was mooted when he left us.

Sean Dysche would have improved him for sure.

Still, he owes us nothing......good luck to the lad.
Our Craig on 15:47 - Jul 28 with 3149 viewsdavidab2202

Agreed at times he didn't look at his best to be kind to him,but he truly was surrounded by a lot of dis-interested sh*te who more interested in probably checking their bank accounts rather than put in a shift
Our Craig on 15:58 - Jul 28 with 3117 views1907

Our Craig on 10:35 - Jul 28 by midlandsdale

Thats a fair point, but outstanding is a bit over the top.

I don't, at all.

He's made nearly 200 Premier League appearances scoring 14 times. This from a lad who didn't have the benefit of growing up in an academy set up. A proper rags to riches story, going into a Premier League outfit as a 21 year old & cementing his place in a WBA team for nearly a decade.

I'd say that's a pretty remarkable achievement all things considered.
Our Craig on 16:43 - Jul 28 with 3037 viewsD_Alien

Our Craig on 15:58 - Jul 28 by 1907

I don't, at all.

He's made nearly 200 Premier League appearances scoring 14 times. This from a lad who didn't have the benefit of growing up in an academy set up. A proper rags to riches story, going into a Premier League outfit as a 21 year old & cementing his place in a WBA team for nearly a decade.

In the seven and a half years he was available for selection at West Brom between 2011-19, (excluding his loan spells at Dale and Bolton), he made 194 appearances, an average of just over 25 per season

His place was never cemented, but continually shifted in and out of the team before ending up at right-back

Don't get me wrong, it's great that our Craig has had a Premier League career and we can be rightly proud of him, but your paeans of praise are - as already stated - over the top

[Post edited 28 Jul 2020 16:45]

Our Craig on 18:35 - Jul 28 with 2918 viewsBrierls

Our Craig on 15:58 - Jul 28 by 1907

I don't, at all.

He's been a solid Premier League player. That is something that he, his family & friends, and Dale can be hugely proud of.

There's no need to dramatise it.

I think the move to Burnley could still happen. No financial gain for us, but great for Craig.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2020 18:37]
Our Craig on 20:04 - Jul 28 with 2841 views1907

Our Craig on 16:43 - Jul 28 by D_Alien

In the seven and a half years he was available for selection at West Brom between 2011-19, (excluding his loan spells at Dale and Bolton), he made 194 appearances, an average of just over 25 per season

His place was never cemented, but continually shifted in and out of the team before ending up at right-back

Don't get me wrong, it's great that our Craig has had a Premier League career and we can be rightly proud of him, but your paeans of praise are - as already stated - over the top

[Post edited 28 Jul 2020 16:45]

In your opinion.
Our Craig on 20:13 - Jul 28 with 2826 viewsmidlandsdale

Our Craig on 20:04 - Jul 28 by 1907

In your opinion.

I think when he was taking and scoring penalties in the 2012 Olympics, we all had high hopes for him. I think he was unlucky at WBA, very well thought of by the fans before he finally broke into the first team after several managers and 3/4 seasons as a bit part player.
Our Craig on 20:15 - Jul 28 with 2818 viewsD_Alien

Our Craig on 20:04 - Jul 28 by 1907

In your opinion.

Is it my opinion though? I've just presented you with the facts of his intermittent appearances for West Brom

Players who've "cemented" a place in the team don't get loaned out to a club in the division below

We're all proud of him, no need for hyperbole

Our Craig on 07:51 - Jul 29 with 2668 viewsjoecooke

Had a good career, if he was as good with his feet as he was with his head ,he would have been International standard imo

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Our Craig on 09:00 - Jul 29 with 2607 viewsjonahwhereru

As the saying goes you are what your record says you are.

So no doubt Dawson at present is Premier league quality. When he left WBA it was to go to another Prem club. There is not splitting hairs on this, he can be talked of in those terms.

In any event he still has another 4 years in him playing at a good leave. I still like to think there is a potential “Roy” story with him and he might finish his career with us. Once a fan always a fan.
Our Craig on 23:07 - Jul 29 with 2450 viewsdingdangblue

Our Craig on 18:35 - Jul 28 by Brierls

He's been a solid Premier League player. That is something that he, his family & friends, and Dale can be hugely proud of.

There's no need to dramatise it.

I think the move to Burnley could still happen. No financial gain for us, but great for Craig.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2020 18:37]

I agree, I think Burnley will be back interested in him and he certainly won't cost the £10 million + that West Brom wanted a few years ago. Dyche could easily get him for around 2-3 million I would have thought.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Our Craig on 09:36 - Jul 30 with 2323 viewsmidlandsdale

Our Craig on 23:07 - Jul 29 by dingdangblue

I agree, I think Burnley will be back interested in him and he certainly won't cost the £10 million + that West Brom wanted a few years ago. Dyche could easily get him for around 2-3 million I would have thought.

At least at Burnley he would be playing in a better defence, Foster excepted who had a good season
Our Craig on 09:53 - Jul 30 with 2295 viewsnordenblue

Our Craig on 09:36 - Jul 30 by midlandsdale

At least at Burnley he would be playing in a better defence, Foster excepted who had a good season

I think Foster is massively underrated, a very very good solid keeper for years
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024