Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) 09:00 - Nov 2 with 5714 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) 2nd Nov 2021 09:00
County Durham referee Andrew Kitchen oversees Dale’s final group game in the Papa John’s Trophy against Bolton on Tuesday. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) on 12:35 - Nov 2 with 3950 viewsmikehunt

I really want us to beat Noblot. Just to p@ss Radio Bolton off.
We are playing the best team in Division 1 you know (according to Evatt).

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) on 12:57 - Nov 2 with 3916 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) on 12:35 - Nov 2 by mikehunt

I really want us to beat Noblot. Just to p@ss Radio Bolton off.
We are playing the best team in Division 1 you know (according to Evatt).

Agree......always nice to put one over a noisy neighbour.

They have n't won since Evatt's quote, so will be up to redress that ce soir.
Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) on 14:09 - Nov 2 with 3876 viewsDalenet

Never mind Noblot, is the referee any good
Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) on 19:47 - Nov 2 with 3621 viewsSandyDrum

Decided to tune into this on iFollow while working from home tonight.

All I'll say is I'm glad this is mostly our 2nd string team, we have been dreadful.

Matty Done has been caught offside around 498 times so far.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) on 19:53 - Nov 2 with 3538 viewsDaleFan7

Lynch completely misjudged his far post for the first goal.

Broadbent and Dooley completely lost in midfield.

The less said about Done the better. Offside everytime the ball is passed to him.

Tonight shows what our defense looks like without O'Connell. Scarier than any Halloween film.

Only player with any credit was Cashman and he's gone off injured.

A truly awful half of 'football'.
Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) on 19:53 - Nov 2 with 3538 views442Dale

Not sure why the ref was getting booed at half time, Lynch’s reaction as the penalty was given says it all.

No tracking of runners is our main issue, Afolayan just runs along the line and it’s all too easy.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) on 19:58 - Nov 2 with 3491 viewsDalenet

Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) on 19:53 - Nov 2 by 442Dale

Not sure why the ref was getting booed at half time, Lynch’s reaction as the penalty was given says it all.

No tracking of runners is our main issue, Afolayan just runs along the line and it’s all too easy.

For me they were offside for both goals from how I saw it. If the liner had stopped the game for offside before the ball went out to the left wing they wouldn't have scored.

Will be interesting to see whether the liner on the main stand catches Bolton out offside in second half - even Done can't really be off as many times as he was flagged can he?

At least the youth team are putting in a shift and are 1-1 at half time
Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) on 20:01 - Nov 2 with 3448 viewsdingdangblue

Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) on 19:53 - Nov 2 by DaleFan7

Lynch completely misjudged his far post for the first goal.

Broadbent and Dooley completely lost in midfield.

The less said about Done the better. Offside everytime the ball is passed to him.

Tonight shows what our defense looks like without O'Connell. Scarier than any Halloween film.

Only player with any credit was Cashman and he's gone off injured.

A truly awful half of 'football'.

Didn't even realise Broadbent was playing!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) on 20:03 - Nov 2 with 3421 viewsnordenblue

Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) on 20:01 - Nov 2 by dingdangblue

Didn't even realise Broadbent was playing!

I'm not sure he did..
Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) on 20:52 - Nov 2 with 3107 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) on 14:09 - Nov 2 by Dalenet

Never mind Noblot, is the referee any good

Hurry up Ref, blow up and end this mess.

Dale reverting to type after a good run. Good night pizza man.
Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) on 20:57 - Nov 2 with 3041 viewsDalenet

And the Youth team are out of their cup after conceding a 93rd minute goal to lose 2-1

A disappointing night all round
Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) on 21:09 - Nov 2 with 2937 viewsdingdangblue

Absolutely stuffed crust.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) on 21:11 - Nov 2 with 2927 viewsblackdogblue

Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) on 21:09 - Nov 2 by dingdangblue

Absolutely stuffed crust.

Need Liverpool U21 to get a slice of the action & beat Port Vale..

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) on 21:12 - Nov 2 with 2925 viewsDaleFan7

If any of those players are wondering why they don't start on a Saturday afternoon, they just need to watch that match back.

The ones that do are lucky we don't have depth in their positions.
Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) on 21:17 - Nov 2 with 2882 viewsSuddenLad

Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) on 19:53 - Nov 2 by 442Dale

The referee was getting booed for the shocking tackle on Cashman which went entirely unpunished and which led to him leaving the field in agony.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) on 21:22 - Nov 2 with 2850 viewsblackdogblue

Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) on 21:12 - Nov 2 by DaleFan7

If any of those players are wondering why they don't start on a Saturday afternoon, they just need to watch that match back.

The ones that do are lucky we don't have depth in their positions.

O’Keeffe
Dooley
Grant
Done
Dorsett
Cashman (Odoh sub)

That’s 7 out of a potential 11 🤷‍♂️

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) on 21:30 - Nov 2 with 2773 views442Dale

Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) on 21:17 - Nov 2 by SuddenLad

The referee was getting booed for the shocking tackle on Cashman which went entirely unpunished and which led to him leaving the field in agony.

Not from round us. Cries of “cheat” about the penalty. Much in the same way Afolayan was called the same when subbed.

Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) on 21:32 - Nov 2 with 2759 views442Dale

Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) on 20:52 - Nov 2 by Yorkshire_Dale

What’s “type” in a season of consistent inconsistency?

Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) on 21:35 - Nov 2 with 2733 viewsHullDale

I was sat directly in line with the Cashman challenge, and how neither the ref nor the lino gave it was totally beyond me.

We were outplayed (& outmuscled) across the pitch tonight so no complaints on the result, but the Cashman assault was a clear yellow at least; and the lino was consistently a good 5 or 6 feet behind play - and never in a position to give a clear decision on some of the borderline (or clearly wrong) offside calls.
Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) on 21:35 - Nov 2 with 2730 views49thseason

I am trying to decide if Done or the Ref should be getting the "George Donnelly award for inept performance" for tonight. It was, at times, pitiful to watch How on earth can an experienced professional footballer fail so completely to show any leadership, nous or simple aggressive attitude is beyond me, much less exhibit complete ignorance of the offside rules. When he wasn't offside, he spent the rest of the night stuck in the middle of 3 defenders jogging from A to B to C and back to A. shameful really. The rest of the team followed Done's lead and seemed to be under orders not to get too sweaty and not to get injured. Another home game another dismal showing and the officials were simply awful, but probably Radio Bolton disagreed.
Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) on 21:44 - Nov 2 with 2676 viewsTVOS1907

Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) on 20:52 - Nov 2 by Yorkshire_Dale

And the sad thing is, some people will take a great deal of delight in us losing after a poor performance, won't they?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) on 21:47 - Nov 2 with 2656 viewsTVOS1907

Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) on 21:32 - Nov 2 by 442Dale

What’s “type” in a season of consistent inconsistency?

Doubt you'll get an answer.

Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) on 22:20 - Nov 2 with 2463 viewsboromat

Tonight showed how far away from a league one standard we are. Yes it would have been closer with Morley, Kelly, O'Connell, Keohane and Beesley on the pitch but not sure it would have been enough. The pressing tactics weren't enough against a team who could play past us and had some pace about them.

Yes officials were awful and pen was a dive but we deserved to lose

I thought Dooley did ok considering he was our sole central midfielder. Always looked to get on the ball and move it on. But slim pickings today. It was interesting that the only sub was forced and RS didn't make any more changes.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) on 22:35 - Nov 2 with 2384 viewsTVOS1907

Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) on 22:20 - Nov 2 by boromat

Tonight showed how far away from a league one standard we are. Yes it would have been closer with Morley, Kelly, O'Connell, Keohane and Beesley on the pitch but not sure it would have been enough. The pressing tactics weren't enough against a team who could play past us and had some pace about them.

Yes officials were awful and pen was a dive but we deserved to lose

I thought Dooley did ok considering he was our sole central midfielder. Always looked to get on the ball and move it on. But slim pickings today. It was interesting that the only sub was forced and RS didn't make any more changes.

I would imagine that was more to do with protecting those subs to make sure they can play on Sunday above all else.

Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) on 07:22 - Nov 3 with 1957 viewsdingdangblue

Refwatch: Rochdale v Bolton Wanderers (Papa John's Trophy) on 19:58 - Nov 2 by Dalenet

For me they were offside for both goals from how I saw it. If the liner had stopped the game for offside before the ball went out to the left wing they wouldn't have scored.

Will be interesting to see whether the liner on the main stand catches Bolton out offside in second half - even Done can't really be off as many times as he was flagged can he?

At least the youth team are putting in a shift and are 1-1 at half time

Struggling to see any offsides with the Bolton goals? Certainly no Dale players appeal - although raising an arm might have been a bit strenuous last night.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024