Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walsall (a) Match Thread 11:22 - Oct 28 with 8721 viewsHullDale

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 11:59 - Oct 29 with 8455 viewsDale_4_Life

Up the Dale!!!

Good luck today to the lads hoping for a spirited performance.
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 12:12 - Oct 29 with 8405 viewsD_Alien

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 11:59 - Oct 29 by Dale_4_Life

Up the Dale!!!

Good luck today to the lads hoping for a spirited performance.

It's not Halloween yet...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 13:43 - Oct 29 with 8231 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 14:20 - Oct 29 with 8082 viewsHullDale

Rodney in for Odoh.

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 14:20 - Oct 29 with 8075 viewsHullDale

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 14:58 - Oct 29 with 7787 viewsNigeriamark

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 13:43 - Oct 29 by 442Dale

Time wasting at it's very worst!!
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 15:11 - Oct 29 with 7651 viewsDalenet

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 14:58 - Oct 29 by Nigeriamark

Time wasting at it's very worst!!

The game has been reduced to 75 minutes to keep everybody happy
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 15:55 - Oct 29 with 7245 viewsNigeriamark

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 15:11 - Oct 29 by Dalenet

The game has been reduced to 75 minutes to keep everybody happy

1-0 Walsall. Poor game so far & the goal sums it up. Ball into the box & we can't clear it. Their player bangs it home after an ODonnel save. Scrappy football
Login to get fewer ads

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 17:09 - Oct 29 with 6496 viewssince58

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 15:55 - Oct 29 by Nigeriamark

1-0 Walsall. Poor game so far & the goal sums it up. Ball into the box & we can't clear it. Their player bangs it home after an ODonnel save. Scrappy football

Ball just missed a golden chance. No quality up front whatsoever.
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 17:18 - Oct 29 with 6329 viewsNigeriamark

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 17:09 - Oct 29 by since58

Ball just missed a golden chance. No quality up front whatsoever.

Lost 1-0. Another game where we could play until midnight and not score. 1 scrappy goal settles it but a very poor game overall. Graham probably my MOM & the defence was reasonably solid the whole game. Nothing in midfield or upfront. Only out of the bottom 2 on goal difference although only 2 points off 19th. The current bottom six are all looking as bad as each other
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 17:24 - Oct 29 with 6255 viewsJames1980

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 17:18 - Oct 29 by Nigeriamark

Lost 1-0. Another game where we could play until midnight and not score. 1 scrappy goal settles it but a very poor game overall. Graham probably my MOM & the defence was reasonably solid the whole game. Nothing in midfield or upfront. Only out of the bottom 2 on goal difference although only 2 points off 19th. The current bottom six are all looking as bad as each other

Looking like January could be one of the most important transfer windows in Dale's history. Hopefully we are still above the drop zone then or at least not cut adrift.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 17:48 - Oct 29 with 6018 viewsLuke8686

My first game of the season.

First half looked OK in possession and some good deliveries into the box but no clear cut chances.

2nd half we couldn't really get anything going, it was scrappy with loads of stoppages and their awful time-wasting. Again no real chances apart from a sitter from Ball at the end. Ref was shocking all game for both sides.

It's obvious how much we're reliant on Quigley. Without him we don't have an out and out striker, no one making runs into the box. Even towards the end of the game there was no urgency to get it forward cause there was no one to aim for. Was hoping for more from Hendo but he had a quiet game. Defensively fine but lightweight in midfield. Ball is short of confidence, couldn't seem to find a pass and I don't think Rodney beat his man all match.

At least we've got a break from the league next week and then two home games to try and get things back on track. Up the Dale
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 18:40 - Oct 29 with 5659 viewsrich_dale

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 17:48 - Oct 29 by Luke8686

My first game of the season.

First half looked OK in possession and some good deliveries into the box but no clear cut chances.

2nd half we couldn't really get anything going, it was scrappy with loads of stoppages and their awful time-wasting. Again no real chances apart from a sitter from Ball at the end. Ref was shocking all game for both sides.

It's obvious how much we're reliant on Quigley. Without him we don't have an out and out striker, no one making runs into the box. Even towards the end of the game there was no urgency to get it forward cause there was no one to aim for. Was hoping for more from Hendo but he had a quiet game. Defensively fine but lightweight in midfield. Ball is short of confidence, couldn't seem to find a pass and I don't think Rodney beat his man all match.

At least we've got a break from the league next week and then two home games to try and get things back on track. Up the Dale

Quigley is by far our least replaceable player and it was a mistake to bring him on v Salford in a meaningless cup competition when we need him wrapped in cotton wool for the league games. It's the one position in this formation where we haven't got any effective back up.
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 18:55 - Oct 29 with 5585 viewsdalenumber2

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 18:40 - Oct 29 by rich_dale

Quigley is by far our least replaceable player and it was a mistake to bring him on v Salford in a meaningless cup competition when we need him wrapped in cotton wool for the league games. It's the one position in this formation where we haven't got any effective back up.

How long is Quigley out for - do we know?
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 20:04 - Oct 29 with 5175 viewsrich_dale

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 18:55 - Oct 29 by dalenumber2

How long is Quigley out for - do we know?

Last update on it was 'a few weeks', hopefully once we get back into league action he'll be close to contention.
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 20:26 - Oct 29 with 5068 viewsNorthernDale

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 18:40 - Oct 29 by rich_dale

I agree, I have never liked the 'Papa John' competition.

But after our hideous start to the season and poor recruitment (especially in midfield) under Stockdale, we have improved under Bentley. Today's stats was Dale 10 shots, 2 on target, compared with Walsall's 9 shots, 3 on target. This is not to say today result was poor and could dent our confidence, but as other people have said the point difference between 24th and 19th is just 3 points. That is how tight, it is this season, hopefully we will see either or both Campbell and Quigley back before the Salford or Mansfield games.

As other people have stated, we need to ensure that we are still in the fight come January, when Jim can get other people in and have Quigley and Campbell available as well. This season will be bumpy to say the least, but my faith in us surviving was zero under Stockdale, it as increased since then, but that is not to say, I am not extremely worried at our position.
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 20:31 - Oct 29 with 5044 viewselectricblue

Any info on how long it will be before Campbell returns.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 21:21 - Oct 29 with 4820 views49thseason

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 20:31 - Oct 29 by electricblue

Any info on how long it will be before Campbell returns.

Disappointing result today and a clear indication that we are desperately short of goals and a goal scorer. over the last 6 games, we are currently 14th on form which is encouraging and there are teams moving towards us in form terms (downwards) so it becomes imperative that we pick up points any way we can. Home form can certainly improve and must, it has been the source of our problems for the last 5 seasons and this on is not showing any signs of getting better yet, a couple of consecutive wins would help enormously,
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 16:15 - Oct 30 with 3579 viewssamueloneils

Its clear that without Quigley there is going to be little threat upfront and Kelly is struggling to provide movement through midfield without much support.
How about this?
The back line is pretty sound at the momment with Nelson back to addbackup to the numbers and Diacouraga.
Push Keihane right forward. Remember he scored 10 league goals in the last season in Div 1.
Put White, if fit, or Odoh on the left with instructions to get behind the defence and provide crosses.

I have criticused James Ball many times- the invisible man game after game, but he does want to score goals. Instead of pretending he is a midfielder, make him play upfront as a joint striker and get him in the game. 9Yes I saw his dreadful miss against Walsall).

By packing the midfield and with wide players attacking we might just create more chances.

But the man who said on here that we don`t need any more strikers is surely mistaken. Campbell was underwhelming last season and Rodney has never been a scorer. Stockport may not want to sell Quigley.

In the meantime we have to make the best with what we`ve got, and we can`t wait till January to get some home points. Unlike most teams we`ve played this season, we never seem to start on the attack in our home games.
Walsall (a) Match Thread on 21:38 - Oct 30 with 3090 viewsDorkingDale

Walsall (a) Match Thread on 17:18 - Oct 29 by Nigeriamark

Couldn't score in front of an open goal ATM - tragic
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024