Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spurs’ ground 22:21 - Feb 6 with 1073 viewsPatfromPoole

I have a ticket to see Guns’n’Roses at their ground in the summer.

After that, I would happily never go to Spurs’ ground again.

Hate it; the mammoth walk from Seven Sisters, the excessive security and electronic entrances that don’t work; the crap segregation from the home fans; the crap home support (full of tourists). And the area is a crap-hole.

I’d hate it there if I was a Spurs fan.

Maybe St. Mary’s isn’t so bad after all.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Spurs’ ground on 22:45 - Feb 6 with 1044 viewsTripleNiemi

The thing that amazed me was that whilst they have these super dooper pint pouring machines, the speed you get served still relies on some mong handling the pints and totting up monies owed. I seriously question whether the guys serving did it any quicker than our lot at St. Marys.

Nice stadium, but been there done it. Not fussed going back to the latest library.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Spurs’ ground on 23:02 - Feb 6 with 1019 viewsAndrewW_London

I agree. The stadium is in a wretched part of London, there is no atmosphere there because of their ghastly plastic/tourist fans and it's a massive walk from Seven Sisters. And they have that stupid chicken on a football club sign everywhere in a massive size. It must be the worst club symbol in the league. To top off my feelings about Spurs, their manager is a graceless, sour-faced idiot, their players are vastly overrated and, in Son, they have a dirty cheat who clearly dived to con the referee for their third goal - no way was that a penalty and it's a disgrace that that prick Kevin Friend on VAR didn't overturn the decision. But that's big club home bias for you. VAR - or rather the way it is implemented - is ruining football, as we found out at Anfield last Saturday.

Spurs did not deserve to win that game. We did. We played the better football throughout but, as so often happens, didn't take our chances. Had we got a third goal I think we'd have won but we ended up paying the price for some poor finishing and now, sadly, we're out of the cup.

I'm certainly in no hurry to go back to that ground as I loathe everything about Spurs.

Twickenham Saint

Spurs’ ground on 23:05 - Feb 6 with 1010 viewsfranniesTache

Why did everyone go to seven sisters instead of White Hart Lane station or Northumberland Park?
Spurs’ ground on 23:17 - Feb 6 with 995 viewsTripleNiemi

Spurs’ ground on 23:05 - Feb 6 by franniesTache

Why did everyone go to seven sisters instead of White Hart Lane station or Northumberland Park?

Northumberland Park

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Spurs’ ground on 09:15 - Feb 7 with 887 viewsSalisburySaint

you should try travelling to White hart lane on overground from either Seven sisters or Liverpool st before game and go back via Northumberland Park to east of ground 10-15mins walk to either Liverpool st or Stratford, i was back at Waterloo by 22.45 going back via Straford on Wednesday and left ground on final whistle
[Post edited 7 Feb 2020 9:58]
Spurs’ ground on 09:24 - Feb 7 with 873 viewsWints76

Spurs’ ground on 09:15 - Feb 7 by SalisburySaint

you should try travelling to White hart lane on overground from either Seven sisters or Liverpool st before game and go back via Northumberland Park to east of ground 10-15mins walk to either Liverpool st or Stratford, i was back at Waterloo by 22.45 going back via Straford on Wednesday and left ground on final whistle
[Post edited 7 Feb 2020 9:58]

Yep, that's what I did. Liverpool St to White Hart Lane and went to the Irish Club there, and then Northumberland Park after. Queued for about 2 mins at the station then straight back to Liverpool St and at Waterloo in plenty of time for 2305. All included on a travel card or contact less

Have seen footage of a Saints fan (that a few on here will know) being thrown out. Must have happened just in front of me but I didn't see anything. Very surprised at the person involved and really can't see him doing anything that would necessitate him being thrown out
Spurs’ ground on 09:31 - Feb 7 with 869 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Spurs’ ground on 09:24 - Feb 7 by Wints76

Yep, that's what I did. Liverpool St to White Hart Lane and went to the Irish Club there, and then Northumberland Park after. Queued for about 2 mins at the station then straight back to Liverpool St and at Waterloo in plenty of time for 2305. All included on a travel card or contact less

Have seen footage of a Saints fan (that a few on here will know) being thrown out. Must have happened just in front of me but I didn't see anything. Very surprised at the person involved and really can't see him doing anything that would necessitate him being thrown out

Apparently he shouted "anti semitic abuse"? So I presume he shouted the 'Y' word - that's what I read anyway.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Spurs’ ground on 09:44 - Feb 7 with 861 viewsWints76

Spurs’ ground on 09:31 - Feb 7 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Apparently he shouted "anti semitic abuse"? So I presume he shouted the 'Y' word - that's what I read anyway.

Really? It's not a word that I use, but would assume there were thousands of ejections from the home end as well then?
Login to get fewer ads

Spurs’ ground on 10:10 - Feb 7 with 846 viewsNumber_58

I thought the ground was very impressive. Couldn't really fault anything. Inside, the view was great and the facilities were what you'd expect for a billion pound stadium. Security was a bit OTT but I guess that's just a sad reflection on the world we live in today. Our lot were quite noisy throughout so I didn't really notice a lack of atmosphere and singing from the home fans (to be fair, I listened to their match against City last weekend on the wireless and the atmosphere sounded fantastic). The design, inside and out, is pretty breathtaking, particularly the gigantic home end. Not sure I'd want a seat right at the back though. I had to get on Google when I got home to find out how the roof is held up (it's thanks to an elliptically-shaped compression ring, if anyone's interested). I agree that the location is a pain to get to, but then it always was. As far as I could tell, the extra 25K fans didn't seem to make it much worse than before, and a bit of prior research always saves quite a bit of time getting away afterwards (we parked at Wood Green and jumped on the free shuttle bus to and from the ground). I'm sure at some point Spurs must have considered moving to a soulless field off the M25, but they decided to stay in the heart of their community (a bit like us) and they're probably to be commended for that. I'd imagine West Ham fans must be seething with envy every time they see Spurs' new stadium.
Spurs’ ground on 10:48 - Feb 7 with 819 viewsWalkingRosie

Because they are not cockney's like yourself

Northam do your job, Northam, Northam do your job

Spurs’ ground on 11:17 - Feb 7 with 803 viewsfranniesTache

Spurs’ ground on 10:48 - Feb 7 by WalkingRosie

Because they are not cockney's like yourself

More of a mush than you, i was born and grew up on the right side of the city, hamwick IS Southampton not Spike Island
Spurs’ ground on 12:15 - Feb 7 with 769 viewsTimSaint

.........because every Saints fan going up by train, read Nick's guide to Tottenham and took his advised route from Waterloo - Northern Line to Warren Street and Victoria Line to Seven Sisters !! :-)

Plenty of routes available, with differing walking times, but thought the transport network coped well with getting an extra 20k fans in and out.

The stadium itself was impressive, if not a little OTT, but I expected that after the long delays and massive over spend !! My daughter asked me (as we arrived) why they tried to make it look like Wembley or the O2 arena.

Ticket and security checks were well over the top. The bag thing was a pain and something that the club could have communicated to our fans (or read Nick's guide,) as someone said he queue was massive and would have been after the game too. Saw 1 Spurs fan really going mad at Stewards as they refused him entry with a bag.

View was good, Facilities were all good, toilets clean and even had Dyson hand driers. I didn't use the catering facilities, but a guy near us particularly liked the food and when we sang "is this a library", he changed library for restaurant !!

Re the Y word, loads shouting out Y1d Army on the way to and from the stadium, including young kids trying to impress their dads. Their fans sing it. It is their unofficial nickname and it is ok for them to use or sing, but if an away fan says it, it is racist !!

We left just after the final whistle and were back at Waterloo by 22:35, so in time to get (liquid) refreshments for the journey home :-)

TimSaint

Spurs’ ground on 12:33 - Feb 7 with 750 viewsfranniesTache

Spurs’ ground on 12:15 - Feb 7 by TimSaint

.........because every Saints fan going up by train, read Nick's guide to Tottenham and took his advised route from Waterloo - Northern Line to Warren Street and Victoria Line to Seven Sisters !! :-)

Plenty of routes available, with differing walking times, but thought the transport network coped well with getting an extra 20k fans in and out.

The stadium itself was impressive, if not a little OTT, but I expected that after the long delays and massive over spend !! My daughter asked me (as we arrived) why they tried to make it look like Wembley or the O2 arena.

Ticket and security checks were well over the top. The bag thing was a pain and something that the club could have communicated to our fans (or read Nick's guide,) as someone said he queue was massive and would have been after the game too. Saw 1 Spurs fan really going mad at Stewards as they refused him entry with a bag.

View was good, Facilities were all good, toilets clean and even had Dyson hand driers. I didn't use the catering facilities, but a guy near us particularly liked the food and when we sang "is this a library", he changed library for restaurant !!

Re the Y word, loads shouting out Y1d Army on the way to and from the stadium, including young kids trying to impress their dads. Their fans sing it. It is their unofficial nickname and it is ok for them to use or sing, but if an away fan says it, it is racist !!

We left just after the final whistle and were back at Waterloo by 22:35, so in time to get (liquid) refreshments for the journey home :-)

I'm surprised Nick didn't suggest drinking in Camden to be honest
Spurs’ ground on 13:10 - Feb 7 with 714 viewsChopChop

Spurs’ ground on 11:17 - Feb 7 by franniesTache

More of a mush than you, i was born and grew up on the right side of the city, hamwick IS Southampton not Spike Island

Oi, Sholing is God's own country even though I moved away years ago.

As for the ground, it's nice and modern etc with a excellent facilities etc but no better than any other new ground. For all the money they spent you'd think they'd have put a more suitable surface on the concourse floor. With all the spilt beer everywhere, I was slipping all over the shop in me Broomfields. The incident with the old boy happened about ten rows in front of me, I wonder if the steward got his hat back?

I'd ruin her... >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Poll: Does Hatchback enjoy having a barney on here?

Spurs’ ground on 13:15 - Feb 7 with 705 viewsWalkingRosie

Spurs’ ground on 11:17 - Feb 7 by franniesTache

What the side that was constantly sacked by the French?
[Post edited 7 Feb 2020 13:16]

Spurs’ ground on 13:17 - Feb 7 with 701 viewsWalkingRosie

Spurs’ ground on 13:10 - Feb 7 by ChopChop

Oi, Sholing is God's own country even though I moved away years ago.

As for the ground, it's nice and modern etc with a excellent facilities etc but no better than any other new ground. For all the money they spent you'd think they'd have put a more suitable surface on the concourse floor. With all the spilt beer everywhere, I was slipping all over the shop in me Broomfields. The incident with the old boy happened about ten rows in front of me, I wonder if the steward got his hat back?

You're right about the floor, I was slipping all over the place. Thought it was just me being pissed.

Spurs’ ground on 14:01 - Feb 7 with 667 viewsWints76

Spurs’ ground on 13:17 - Feb 7 by WalkingRosie

You're right about the floor, I was slipping all over the place. Thought it was just me being pissed.

That is the first and last time I stand behind a certain person at a football march. He was swaying all over the place and nearly gave me a backwards head butt about 5 times
Spurs’ ground on 14:42 - Feb 7 with 644 viewsfranniesTache

Spurs’ ground on 13:17 - Feb 7 by WalkingRosie

You were f*cking hammered to be fair mush
Spurs’ ground on 14:50 - Feb 7 with 635 viewsInsideOut

Please spare a thought for me*, I can't compare Spurs new ground to St Mary's since I've never even managed to get to our new stadium due to living abroad. My last game was at the Dell :(

Although did I come over last week. Strutted around Woolston and Sholing totally unopposed ;)
Had a few bevvies down the tin hut as well. That place is still the same as it ever was.

* of course none of yous gives a flying fukc
[Post edited 7 Feb 2020 14:52]

Poll: WTF is a little pompey ?

Spurs’ ground on 15:24 - Feb 7 with 603 viewsWalkingRosie

Spurs’ ground on 14:01 - Feb 7 by Wints76

That is the first and last time I stand behind a certain person at a football march. He was swaying all over the place and nearly gave me a backwards head butt about 5 times

I thought he was going to have nap like at Burnley

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024