Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New vaccine by Christmas 17:05 - Sep 2 with 11448 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.euronews.com/amp/2020/07/21/coronavirus-vaccine

Hopefully full crowds by January, after immunisation. Hopefully all goes to plan.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2020 17:06]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

New vaccine by Christmas on 07:33 - Sep 3 with 1103 viewsKennington

New vaccine by Christmas on 22:31 - Sep 2 by Boris_

These articles frustrate me and serve no purpose other than to give the doom mongers fuel to continue with their negative agenda.

2 people out of at least 50 million people have been re-infected ( or have they? Maybe they never got rid of the first infection, or perhaps the first test result was false? Perhaps they have a genetic disorder that prevents them developing antibodies? )

1 in 25 million people have been re-infected and it's in the news as 'lasting immunity doubt' FFS?!

( not knocking you sir, knocking the article that feeds negative people )
[Post edited 2 Sep 2020 22:32]

Proving reinfection is difficult, there would have to be an evidenced positive test and then a subsequent test proving reinfection was from another strain. This has happened and has been proved a few times already and in reality has surely happened a lot more. Whether it’s a big problem remains to be seen. Research takes time though and we won’t know these answers for a while yet.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

New vaccine by Christmas on 08:10 - Sep 3 with 1081 viewsSadoldgit

New vaccine by Christmas on 22:49 - Sep 2 by 1885_SFC

And there it is - right at the end - the obligatory dig at the government.

You just couldn't help yourself could you.

Does Hancock inspire confidence in you? He’s been wrong about so much so far that it makes sense to take anything he says with a pinch of salt. It’s got nothing to do with not being able to help myself and more to do with stating the obvious. Someone else here said the same thing and you didn’t make a comment.

Tell me, we’re you ever critical of Pellegrini or Hughes when you thought that they were going a bad job? What is the difference?
[Post edited 3 Sep 2020 8:49]
New vaccine by Christmas on 08:22 - Sep 3 with 1070 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

The only real life proof I have of reinfection being possible is from a friend of mine who has been close to the testing.

He had Covid 19 and was ill for almost 2 weeks (not hospitalised though). He had the antibody test early and had the antibodies in sufficient quantity. He had another antibody test around 3 months later and the antibodies had dropped right off.

Either it's bum testing (possible, who knows), or the antibodies don't hang around long meaning reinfection will be easily possible.

Of course that's 1 person and we all differ, so who knows! Personally I'm still staying away from everyone and everything until I can be vaccinated.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

New vaccine by Christmas on 08:41 - Sep 3 with 1048 viewsBoris_

New vaccine by Christmas on 08:10 - Sep 3 by Sadoldgit

Does Hancock inspire confidence in you? He’s been wrong about so much so far that it makes sense to take anything he says with a pinch of salt. It’s got nothing to do with not being able to help myself and more to do with stating the obvious. Someone else here said the same thing and you didn’t make a comment.

Tell me, we’re you ever critical of Pellegrini or Hughes when you thought that they were going a bad job? What is the difference?
[Post edited 3 Sep 2020 8:49]

You can't help yourself, can you? You have a weird obsession. We're talking about the hope of having a vaccine by Xmas, meanwhile you're working your way through yet another pack of nappies.

Poll: Claude Puel

New vaccine by Christmas on 08:53 - Sep 3 with 1038 viewsBoris_

New vaccine by Christmas on 07:33 - Sep 3 by Kennington

Proving reinfection is difficult, there would have to be an evidenced positive test and then a subsequent test proving reinfection was from another strain. This has happened and has been proved a few times already and in reality has surely happened a lot more. Whether it’s a big problem remains to be seen. Research takes time though and we won’t know these answers for a while yet.

A fair point but I think we need to have some perspective as well, 1 in 25 million people getting re-infected is pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things. 10,000 people in 25 million getting reinfected is also fairly insignificant and won't cause a second wave.

The 'risk' is if the virus mutates and effectively dodges the vaccine but there's no evidence of that happening yet.

New vaccine by Christmas on 09:16 - Sep 3 with 1025 viewsfranniesTache

Waylander is there any research into the Covid "long haulers" happening yet? My other half has had the long tail of covid now for almost 6months and it's pretty debilitating when it comes back as one of the worst episodes
New vaccine by Christmas on 09:37 - Sep 3 with 1016 viewsKRAZYB

It certainly didn't take SOG long to show why he is named as that.

The government for all of there faults can only react to the reports from the scientists, pharmacists etc.
New vaccine by Christmas on 09:48 - Sep 3 with 999 viewsBoris_

New vaccine by Christmas on 09:37 - Sep 3 by KRAZYB

The government for all of there faults can only react to the reports from the scientists, pharmacists etc.

Exactly. The government have done many things wrong through this pandemic, they have also done well in some areas ( financial support, building of Nightingale Hospitals and so far, how they are keeping infection numbers down since the curve was flattened )

They have absolutely no influence in how quickly a vaccine is found, so suggesting they are just shows the bitter political agenda some have.

Login to get fewer ads

New vaccine by Christmas on 09:55 - Sep 3 with 999 viewsSadoldgit

New vaccine by Christmas on 09:37 - Sep 3 by KRAZYB

The Russians are supposed to have a vaccine ready to go. Shouldn’t we be excited about that?
New vaccine by Christmas on 09:56 - Sep 3 with 992 viewsBoris_

New vaccine by Christmas on 09:55 - Sep 3 by Sadoldgit

The Russians are supposed to have a vaccine ready to go. Shouldn’t we be excited about that?

Explain your context? Are you going to suggest that Hancock is lying? Do you not think Oxford Uni would call him out if he was setting unreasonable expectations which will ultimately reflect badly on them?

New vaccine by Christmas on 09:57 - Sep 3 with 994 viewsWaylander

New vaccine by Christmas on 09:16 - Sep 3 by franniesTache

Waylander is there any research into the Covid "long haulers" happening yet? My other half has had the long tail of covid now for almost 6months and it's pretty debilitating when it comes back as one of the worst episodes

Yes there is. It is recognised https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m2804. The NHS have established a rehab service https://www.england.nhs.uk/2020/07/nhs-to-launch-ground-breaking-online-covid-19
New vaccine by Christmas on 09:58 - Sep 3 with 988 viewsarfurdent

they also have Salisbury nerve toxin, polonium and nuclear bombs

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

New vaccine by Christmas on 10:01 - Sep 3 with 982 viewsWaylander

They have a vaccine that they are using without the results of large scale testing. It may well work, but they are taking are risk on its safety.
New vaccine by Christmas on 10:05 - Sep 3 with 979 viewsWaylander

New vaccine by Christmas on 08:53 - Sep 3 by Boris_

A fair point but I think we need to have some perspective as well, 1 in 25 million people getting re-infected is pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things. 10,000 people in 25 million getting reinfected is also fairly insignificant and won't cause a second wave.

The 'risk' is if the virus mutates and effectively dodges the vaccine but there's no evidence of that happening yet.

There has been some mutation observed already.
Different vaccines recognise different domains on the virus but the mutations are not in these domains, they are conserved.
New vaccine by Christmas on 10:18 - Sep 3 with 971 viewsSaintBrock

What they mean is that the result of Phase III trials will be known by Christmas and whether or not the vaccine works effectively. If all of those answers are positive the regulatory process follows and will take up to a year to gain approval.

They may grant early access for emergency situations like front line health workers but not for the general public.

It's a bit optimistic to suggest full crowds would be allowed back into SMS after a nation-wide vaccination programme anytime soon. My guess is not until 2021/22 at the earliest.
New vaccine by Christmas on 10:24 - Sep 3 with 962 viewsfranniesTache

New vaccine by Christmas on 09:57 - Sep 3 by Waylander

Yes there is. It is recognised https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m2804. The NHS have established a rehab service https://www.england.nhs.uk/2020/07/nhs-to-launch-ground-breaking-online-covid-19

That second link is incredibly helpful thank you!
New vaccine by Christmas on 10:34 - Sep 3 with 953 viewsSadoldgit

New vaccine by Christmas on 09:58 - Sep 3 by arfurdent

That’s helpful!

I tend to take Covid vaccine news the same as Saints transfer rumours - believe it when it actually happens!
New vaccine by Christmas on 10:36 - Sep 3 with 945 viewsWaylander

New vaccine by Christmas on 10:18 - Sep 3 by SaintBrock

What they mean is that the result of Phase III trials will be known by Christmas and whether or not the vaccine works effectively. If all of those answers are positive the regulatory process follows and will take up to a year to gain approval.

They may grant early access for emergency situations like front line health workers but not for the general public.

It's a bit optimistic to suggest full crowds would be allowed back into SMS after a nation-wide vaccination programme anytime soon. My guess is not until 2021/22 at the earliest.

I very much doubt the regulatory process will take that long.
This is the most recent update I could find on the Oxford vaccine. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/coronavirus-vaccin
I believe the results of the large scale trials are projected for the end of October.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2020 10:41]
New vaccine by Christmas on 10:43 - Sep 3 with 925 viewsSalisburySaint

New vaccine by Christmas on 09:58 - Sep 3 by arfurdent

The nerve toxin seems to be working well after it’s trial run a couple of years ago *

Somehow doubt they will trial COVID vaccine here !
[Post edited 3 Sep 2020 10:44]
New vaccine by Christmas on 12:08 - Sep 3 with 890 viewsBison

New vaccine by Christmas on 22:14 - Sep 2 by Sadoldgit

I am not trying to start an argument. My brother works in the pharma industry and is currently working with those developing drugs to fight the virus so I have some “creditials” too. I wouldn’t place too much faith in anything Hancock says.

Could you ask your brother to join this forum please then ?

He must be fed up of you calling him when you are not sure of an answer.

I hope you have ensured he's a Saints fan.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

New vaccine by Christmas on 12:15 - Sep 3 with 881 viewsdirk_doone

New vaccine by Christmas on 10:36 - Sep 3 by Waylander

This is the most recent update I could find on the Oxford vaccine. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/coronavirus-vaccin
I believe the results of the large scale trials are projected for the end of October.

Several countries have announced their vaccine has been tested and will be ready for use by the end of this year. So, I don't think the UK's announcement is unduly optimistic. It seems that scientists have solved the problem and that there is already more than one proven solution.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

New vaccine by Christmas on 12:18 - Sep 3 with 873 viewsarfurdent

New vaccine by Christmas on 10:43 - Sep 3 by SalisburySaint

The nerve toxin seems to be working well after it’s trial run a couple of years ago *

Somehow doubt they will trial COVID vaccine here !
[Post edited 3 Sep 2020 10:44]

wonder if Putin will roll out the nerve toxin in the Southsea cesspit
[Post edited 3 Sep 2020 14:49]

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

New vaccine by Christmas on 12:34 - Sep 3 with 856 viewsSadoldgit

New vaccine by Christmas on 12:08 - Sep 3 by Bison

Could you ask your brother to join this forum please then ?

He must be fed up of you calling him when you are not sure of an answer.

I hope you have ensured he's a Saints fan.

Sadly he is a Fulham fan (our feeder club 😉)
New vaccine by Christmas on 12:40 - Sep 3 with 847 viewsBison

New vaccine by Christmas on 12:34 - Sep 3 by Sadoldgit

Sadly he is a Fulham fan (our feeder club 😉)

Should be interesting next season them but I'm pretty sure you will have the bragging rights over him , we are much better than the cottagers. Although I think a few on here may indulge in that pastime.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

New vaccine by Christmas on 12:46 - Sep 3 with 837 viewsSaintBrock

New vaccine by Christmas on 10:36 - Sep 3 by Waylander

"Those are the two that if everything works could potentially be both registered and delivered this year, it is most likely to be next year, though."
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024