Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welcome to Brexit 20:04 - Jan 24 with 7932 viewsinthebox

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/24/bill-for-boris-johnson-bre
Welcome to Brexit on 23:21 - Feb 10 with 1446 viewsdirk_doone

Welcome to Brexit on 19:02 - Feb 10 by grumpy

Was that trade deal much better than the EU one?
Trade talks are just that, talks.

There is no doubt about it that Brexit is a crock of sh!t as far as the UK is concerned and we're going to struggle economically because of it BUT, our government has done so well with the vaccine rollout that you can almost forgive them for it.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Welcome to Brexit on 23:26 - Feb 10 with 1439 viewsSaintsforeverj

Welcome to Brexit on 23:21 - Feb 10 by dirk_doone

There is no doubt about it that Brexit is a crock of sh!t as far as the UK is concerned and we're going to struggle economically because of it BUT, our government has done so well with the vaccine rollout that you can almost forgive them for it.

Forgive them? Brexit was an instruction from the voters that they delivered, not some idea they came up with!
[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 23:27]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Welcome to Brexit on 00:10 - Feb 11 with 1426 viewsScoot

I can't help but remember a lot of people on here championing brexit. Now the chickens have come home to roost (or haven't as the case may be) they now biitch about it. Who could have predicted this? That a man known for lying, famously sacked for lying was then lying to us. All you that voted Tory deserve this and all that comes with it. Especially that lorry driver that gets on here. May he have many long days sat at home thinking about what he did. .👍😆😆

Poll: Should NJ go?

Welcome to Brexit on 00:24 - Feb 11 with 1419 viewsScoot

Welcome to Brexit on 23:21 - Feb 10 by dirk_doone

My Mrs and daughter have both had the Oxford vac. It protects 1 in 10 against C19 SA strain which is the one spreading now. Its useless.
They just as well secured ten tonnes of dung. Even SA aren't wasting their money on it. My Mrs is a home carer for the old. If she's one of the 9 she could be as beneficial to the old as Harold Shipman, going door to door with the new strain. My daughters a paramedic 65% of her work has been as a corona collector since Christmas.

Poll: Should NJ go?

Welcome to Brexit on 01:06 - Feb 11 with 1403 viewsBicester_North

Welcome to Brexit on 00:24 - Feb 11 by Scoot

My Mrs and daughter have both had the Oxford vac. It protects 1 in 10 against C19 SA strain which is the one spreading now. Its useless.
They just as well secured ten tonnes of dung. Even SA aren't wasting their money on it. My Mrs is a home carer for the old. If she's one of the 9 she could be as beneficial to the old as Harold Shipman, going door to door with the new strain. My daughters a paramedic 65% of her work has been as a corona collector since Christmas.

You should be telling the scientists about this valuable information you’ve discovered.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Welcome to Brexit on 07:12 - Feb 11 with 1365 viewsBerber

Two days ago JVT explained why there is little short term risk from this variant (it appears to be no more transmissible that the dominant "Kent" strain, and by the time there is any serious risk, there will be an updated vaccine for it). Additionally nearly all scientists that know anything about these matters state that is is almost certain that the underlying protection against serious illness will still be effective against all know strains. The UK is the world leader in identifying the new strains. Even the WHO, whose endorsement is probably a cause for concern based on their recent track record agrees.

However, full marks for your wife and daughter for doing the right thing. The vaccine uptake within the Home Care sector has generally been an appalling disgrace.
Welcome to Brexit on 07:48 - Feb 11 with 1354 viewscocklebreath

What a pile of sh!t, it’s idiots like you that other idiots listen too and start spreading more utter rubbish.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Welcome to Brexit on 14:41 - Feb 11 with 1315 viewsdirk_doone

Amsterdam takes control:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56017419

Login to get fewer ads

Welcome to Brexit on 15:56 - Feb 11 with 1298 viewsBerber

Welcome to Brexit on 14:41 - Feb 11 by dirk_doone

Amsterdam takes control:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56017419

Yes, they shaded it for the first month after Brexit. They didn't come from nowhere though, and UK institutions have been relocating functions to minimise risk. It doesn't mean that Brits are not doing the business, nor UK registered holding companies are not reaping the profits.
Welcome to Brexit on 16:41 - Feb 11 with 1267 viewsDorsetIan

Welcome to Brexit on 23:26 - Feb 10 by Saintsforeverj

Forgive them? Brexit was an instruction from the voters that they delivered, not some idea they came up with!
[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 23:27]

Technically that's true but this particular government also contains many of the leading Brexit cheerleaders, so their responsibility stretches a little further than simply carrying out an instruction from the voters.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Welcome to Brexit on 16:44 - Feb 11 with 1256 viewsgrumpy

Welcome to Brexit on 15:56 - Feb 11 by Berber

Yes, they shaded it for the first month after Brexit. They didn't come from nowhere though, and UK institutions have been relocating functions to minimise risk. It doesn't mean that Brits are not doing the business, nor UK registered holding companies are not reaping the profits.

We have only actually left a little more than month ago.

'relocating functions to minimise risk'

Doesn't sound promising.
Welcome to Brexit on 17:26 - Feb 11 with 1257 viewsBerber

Welcome to Brexit on 16:44 - Feb 11 by grumpy

We have only actually left a little more than month ago.

'relocating functions to minimise risk'

Doesn't sound promising.

A company that processes the transactions formally, ie a shell trading company. There could even be Brits working there as expats. Profits can be protected/minimised locally with "Service Fees" from the UK HQ covering all the expertise, systems, risk management and admin. All multinationals do it, and non EU ones have been doing this out of Belgium and Holland for decades. Nothing to see here methinks.
Welcome to Brexit on 23:17 - Feb 13 with 1195 viewsdirk_doone

The New York Times on Brexit. The comments are interesting:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/12/world/europe/brexit-britain-trade.html?action

Welcome to Brexit on 01:00 - Feb 14 with 1167 viewsBicester_North

Welcome to Brexit on 23:17 - Feb 13 by dirk_doone

The New York Times on Brexit. The comments are interesting:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/12/world/europe/brexit-britain-trade.html?action

Who gives a f*ck about the opinion of a social disaster of a country? They need to concentrate on their own disintegrating society, the over sensitive pricks.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Welcome to Brexit on 07:48 - Feb 14 with 1128 viewskernow

Welcome to Brexit on 01:00 - Feb 14 by Bicester_North

Who gives a f*ck about the opinion of a social disaster of a country? They need to concentrate on their own disintegrating society, the over sensitive pricks.

Angry boy.
Welcome to Brexit on 11:43 - Feb 15 with 1065 viewskentsouthampton

Welcome to Brexit on 12:59 - Feb 10 by Bicester_North

Probably at least a year before we really know

As Keynes put it “The long run is a misleading guide to current affairs. In the long run we are all dead. Economists set themselves too easy, too useless a task if in tempestuous seasons they can only tell us that when the storm is past the ocean is flat again.”
Welcome to Brexit on 17:39 - Feb 21 with 950 viewsinthebox

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/feb/21/sussex-medicines-firm-takes-pro
The benefits of Brexit keep giving
Welcome to Brexit on 18:17 - Feb 21 with 918 viewsBazza

Welcome to Brexit on 17:39 - Feb 21 by inthebox

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/feb/21/sussex-medicines-firm-takes-pro

New York Times and Guardian both anti-Brexit Liberal newspapers. So nothing new here
Welcome to Brexit on 18:22 - Feb 21 with 915 viewsBazza

Welcome to Brexit on 17:39 - Feb 21 by inthebox

No complaint in the Guardian about a certain important member of the royals driving 100's miles, Cummings-like, to visit his dad in hospital?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024