Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welcome to Brexit 20:04 - Jan 24 with 7933 viewsinthebox

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/24/bill-for-boris-johnson-bre
Welcome to Brexit on 17:34 - Jan 30 with 1524 viewskernow

Welcome to Brexit on 10:43 - Jan 30 by Butty101

It’s a fact that that Markus Söder said it.
Markus Söder probably has his finger on the pulse, a bit more than some drunken oap hanging out at the red lion, while tucking into his full English .
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 10:44]

Yep it's a fact that he expressed an opinion!? So what then?
The Red Lion I know was in Totton, now a drive thru McDonalds . Never set foot in there in my life.
Like the Red Lion below Bar though.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 17:40]
Welcome to Brexit on 17:55 - Jan 30 with 1499 viewsgrumpy

Welcome to Brexit on 17:34 - Jan 30 by kernow

The Red Lion I know was in Totton, now a drive thru McDonalds . Never set foot in there in my life.

Great Pub, The Red Lion.

Did you know that is claimed to be haunted by a barmaid who drifts through the bar area.
Welcome to Brexit on 18:19 - Jan 30 with 1475 viewsDorsetIan

Welcome to Brexit on 17:55 - Jan 30 by grumpy

Great Pub, The Red Lion.

Did you know that is claimed to be haunted by a barmaid who drifts through the bar area.

There was a young barmaid from Wales
On her breasts were the prices of ales
And on her behind
For the sake of the blind
Was the same information in Braille

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Welcome to Brexit on 18:40 - Jan 30 with 1460 viewsBerber

Welcome to Brexit on 17:22 - Jan 30 by grumpy

'imputing a bias and reacting to it'
Guilty as charged,me lord.

Welcome to Brexit on 10:41 - Jan 31 with 1398 viewsBison

Welcome to Brexit on 17:34 - Jan 30 by kernow

I used to go there when it was Henry's, Thursday nights were legendry.

Try this Cornish -

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g187525-d5906613-Reviews-The_Red

Unless of course you are just a fantasist who pretends they love the EU so much they emigrated because as I quote from said ' The UK is F*cked'. Yet still moans about not getting his vaccine.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Welcome to Brexit on 10:45 - Jan 31 with 1388 viewsgrumpy

Welcome to Brexit on 10:41 - Jan 31 by Bison

Try this Cornish -

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g187525-d5906613-Reviews-The_Red

Unless of course you are just a fantasist who pretends they love the EU so much they emigrated because as I quote from said ' The UK is F*cked'. Yet still moans about not getting his vaccine.

Kernow was talking about the Red Lion below bargate in Sounthampton.
Welcome to Brexit on 10:50 - Jan 31 with 1384 viewsBison

Welcome to Brexit on 10:45 - Jan 31 by grumpy

Kernow was talking about the Red Lion below bargate in Sounthampton.

Maybe he was , he does spout some sh!te. But last time I checked Totton is not below bargate. But yes I do remember that Red Lion as well , use to get served under age.

Welcome to Brexit on 11:36 - Jan 31 with 1359 viewsgrumpy

Welcome to Brexit on 10:50 - Jan 31 by Bison

Maybe he was , he does spout some sh!te. But last time I checked Totton is not below bargate. But yes I do remember that Red Lion as well , use to get served under age.

He said I quote' Like the Red Lion below Bar '....
Anyway, do you remember what Southampton was like in those days of your under aged drinking?
Login to get fewer ads

Welcome to Brexit on 11:45 - Jan 31 with 1357 viewsJaySaint

Good news from the EU this morning where Brussels has finally approved the smallpox vaccine.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Welcome to Brexit on 11:46 - Jan 31 with 1356 viewsBison

Welcome to Brexit on 11:36 - Jan 31 by grumpy

He said I quote' Like the Red Lion below Bar '....
Anyway, do you remember what Southampton was like in those days of your under aged drinking?

I'm from the Forest so we tended to drink local till chucking out time so Coach & Horses or NF Hotel , Cheese , Highwaymans or Stag at Lyndhurst and Red Lion (henry's) Totton then into town where we normally ended up at Raffels as my mate was a cousin of the McCarthy Brothers who ran the door.

Welcome to Brexit on 12:03 - Jan 31 with 1340 viewsJaySaint

Welcome to Brexit on 11:46 - Jan 31 by Bison

I'm from the Forest so we tended to drink local till chucking out time so Coach & Horses or NF Hotel , Cheese , Highwaymans or Stag at Lyndhurst and Red Lion (henry's) Totton then into town where we normally ended up at Raffels as my mate was a cousin of the McCarthy Brothers who ran the door.

McCarthy brothers = horrible people

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Welcome to Brexit on 15:52 - Jan 31 with 1303 viewskernow

Welcome to Brexit on 10:41 - Jan 31 by Bison

Try this Cornish -

Cheers for TripAdvisor reference. Who knows one day may get to go to Benidorm.
All that all started off by Boris back along and I've just gone along with it. Never been near the place actually.

Do me a favour and not misquote me.
I said that I believe that UK is "finished".

Also, "where is my vaccine?" Is a question, not a moan.

This is a football forum and I reserve the right to spout sh1te with like minded sh1te spouters such as yourself.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 15:56]
Welcome to Brexit on 05:15 - Feb 7 with 1197 viewsdirk_doone

The increased bureaucracy is killing export trade.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/fury-at-gove-as-exports-to-eu-slashed-by-6

Brexit worse than feared.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55997641
[Post edited 9 Feb 2021 16:06]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Welcome to Brexit on 05:53 - Feb 7 with 1178 viewsBicester_North

Welcome to Brexit on 05:15 - Feb 7 by dirk_doone

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/fury-at-gove-as-exports-to-eu-slashed-by-6

Guardian link posters unite

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Welcome to Brexit on 09:16 - Feb 10 with 1070 viewsScoot

Welcome to Brexit on 17:18 - Jan 26 by dirk_doone

Well, at least one country is experiencing a Brexit boom then.

Looks like the Netherlands is going to take over from the UK as the English speaking country in the EU which international as well as British companies base themselves in. They have an exceptionally high percentage of good English speakers there.

78% of goods aren't leaving the country and 66% aren't getting in and yesterday the EU announced the won't allow our fishermen to sell shellfish on the continent. Soon we'll run out of chemicals to clean the water and certain meds won't get through.
Not casting an opinion Just saying.

Poll: Should NJ go?

Welcome to Brexit on 09:54 - Feb 10 with 1049 viewsSalisburySaint

Welcome to Brexit on 05:53 - Feb 7 by Bicester_North

Guardian link posters unite

when are you going to stop burying your head in the sand and accept that Brexit is having a detrimental effect on our economy ?
Welcome to Brexit on 09:56 - Feb 10 with 1048 viewsDorsetIan

Welcome to Brexit on 05:15 - Feb 7 by dirk_doone

Even the Brexiteers acknowledged that there would be bumps in the road and I see that Gove has now been comparing this to a bit of turbulence on a flight.

I'd be interested to know how this compares to the 'bumps' they were expecting, and how long they expect this turbulence to last?

Welcome to Brexit on 12:15 - Feb 10 with 1023 viewsBerber

Welcome to Brexit on 09:56 - Feb 10 by DorsetIan

Even the Brexiteers acknowledged that there would be bumps in the road and I see that Gove has now been comparing this to a bit of turbulence on a flight.

I'd be interested to know how this compares to the 'bumps' they were expecting, and how long they expect this turbulence to last?

I think they mean,"We knew there would be sh1t flying, we just didn't know when and where from."
Welcome to Brexit on 12:59 - Feb 10 with 1001 viewsBicester_North

Welcome to Brexit on 09:54 - Feb 10 by SalisburySaint

when are you going to stop burying your head in the sand and accept that Brexit is having a detrimental effect on our economy ?

Probably at least a year before we really know

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Welcome to Brexit on 13:34 - Feb 10 with 995 viewsgeezershoong1

Welcome to Brexit on 09:16 - Feb 10 by Scoot

78% of goods aren't leaving the country and 66% aren't getting in and yesterday the EU announced the won't allow our fishermen to sell shellfish on the continent. Soon we'll run out of chemicals to clean the water and certain meds won't get through.
Not casting an opinion Just saying.

Those figure are from early January, just after Brexit. It's back up to 90% now.

But you probably knew that already?

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

Welcome to Brexit on 15:08 - Feb 10 with 961 viewsgrumpy

Brexit was a waste of time and money.
Is the deal we have now any better than the one we had?
Welcome to Brexit on 15:44 - Feb 10 with 956 viewsDorsetIan

Have we signed any trade deals yet with countries that didn't already have deals with the EU?

Genuine question.

Welcome to Brexit on 18:50 - Feb 10 with 911 viewsBridders2

Welcome to Brexit on 15:44 - Feb 10 by DorsetIan

Have we signed any trade deals yet with countries that didn't already have deals with the EU?

Genuine question.

The UK signed a deal with Japan on 22 October - the first that differed from an existing EU deal. The total value of UK-Japan trade (imports and exports) was £31.6bn in 2019, or 2% of the UK's total trade. ... Separately, the UK government is also holding trade talks with the US, Australia, New Zealand, India, and several other countries.
Welcome to Brexit on 19:01 - Feb 10 with 900 viewsDorsetIan

Welcome to Brexit on 18:50 - Feb 10 by Bridders2

The UK signed a deal with Japan on 22 October - the first that differed from an existing EU deal. The total value of UK-Japan trade (imports and exports) was £31.6bn in 2019, or 2% of the UK's total trade. ... Separately, the UK government is also holding trade talks with the US, Australia, New Zealand, India, and several other countries.

Thanks. It's early days to be assessing how the new trade deals are going but there seems to be progress.

Liz Truss getting lots of credit for what she's doing. No doubt there will be a big fanfare when a big one concludes.

Welcome to Brexit on 19:02 - Feb 10 with 896 viewsgrumpy

Welcome to Brexit on 18:50 - Feb 10 by Bridders2

Was that trade deal much better than the EU one?
Trade talks are just that, talks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024