Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tanganga 13:56 - Feb 1 with 1495 viewsPatfromPoole

OK, I’m sold.

Get him in, FFS.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Tanganga on 15:10 - Feb 1 with 1400 viewsSaintNick

Turns 22 next month, only played 6 Premier League games in his career, ok i know that KWP was similarly overlooked at Spurs but doesn't look exciting

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Tanganga on 15:14 - Feb 1 with 1391 views1teeminants

Tanganga on 15:10 - Feb 1 by SaintNick

Turns 22 next month, only played 6 Premier League games in his career, ok i know that KWP was similarly overlooked at Spurs but doesn't look exciting

Not happening either FFS

https://insidefutbol.com/2021/02/01/celtic-and-southampton-suffer-japhet-tangang

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Tanganga on 15:27 - Feb 1 with 1364 viewsinthebox

What's this about Valery on News now going to Brum
Tanganga on 18:29 - Feb 1 with 1227 viewsSaintsforeverj

Better dust off the phone book and give Dodd and Benali a call. It's all gone very quiet after we seem to have lost 2 targets and Vokins has gone. One recognised left back in the whole club.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2021 18:31]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Tanganga on 18:39 - Feb 1 with 1208 viewsBerber

Tanganga on 18:29 - Feb 1 by Saintsforeverj

Better dust off the phone book and give Dodd and Benali a call. It's all gone very quiet after we seem to have lost 2 targets and Vokins has gone. One recognised left back in the whole club.

I can name a former PL club who managed to survive (just) without a permanent LB on the books for 4 or 5 seasons.
Tanganga on 18:43 - Feb 1 with 1201 viewsTimSaint

No need to panic.

We have Stephens who has filled in at LB and kept a clean sheet in that position already this season.

Also we have the following who can all deputise at RB for KWP. JWP, Stephens (unless he is at CB or LB already), Diallo, Valery (unless he gets loaned out tonight) and of course Djenepo !!

TimSaint

Tanganga on 18:46 - Feb 1 with 1195 viewsBerber

Tanganga on 18:43 - Feb 1 by TimSaint

No need to panic.

We have Stephens who has filled in at LB and kept a clean sheet in that position already this season.

Also we have the following who can all deputise at RB for KWP. JWP, Stephens (unless he is at CB or LB already), Diallo, Valery (unless he gets loaned out tonight) and of course Djenepo !!

Djeneppo was like a puppet on elastic strings, RH shrieking frantically to get him in any semblance of a correct position. I don't imagine we'll see that tactic being tried again.
Tanganga on 19:19 - Feb 1 with 1139 viewssaint22

Tanganga Gilmore AMN Ntcham not getting any of them
Login to get fewer ads

Tanganga on 19:38 - Feb 1 with 1094 viewsSaintsforeverj

Tanganga on 18:43 - Feb 1 by TimSaint

No need to panic.

But it's not very sensible in my opinion to send Vokins on loan, without being certain of a replacement, especially when we are talking about playing players out of position and we have an injury crisis.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2021 19:46]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Tanganga on 19:53 - Feb 1 with 1055 viewsButty101

Tanganga on 19:38 - Feb 1 by Saintsforeverj

But it's not very sensible in my opinion to send Vokins on loan, without being certain of a replacement, especially when we are talking about playing players out of position and we have an injury crisis.

As the club will no longer loaning out its youngsters, letting vokins and varley go says alot. none of the youngsters have stepped from the acaddemy

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Tanganga on 20:10 - Feb 1 with 1029 viewsDorsetIan

Tanganga on 19:53 - Feb 1 by Butty101

As the club will no longer loaning out its youngsters, letting vokins and varley go says alot. none of the youngsters have stepped from the acaddemy

It made me laugh when the commentators the other day were banging out the old cliche about Saints having a proud track record of bringing young players in through the academy. As if just being forced to play Vokins at left back and to pack the bench with them because we haven't got anyone else proves what a great academy we've got.

Slattery, Smallbone, Vokins, Valery - to me, none of them have shown that they can cut it in the way that Diallo and KWP have.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Tanganga on 23:44 - Feb 1 with 873 viewsTimSaint

Tanganga on 19:38 - Feb 1 by Saintsforeverj

I was writing that with a bit of sarcasm, but the truth is, now that both our back up full backs have departed, what I suggested is actually now the reality.

I think we are only allowed 2 loan signings anyway, so seeing as we already have Walcott and weren't going to buy anyone, we had to choose our 1 loan carefully and that now seems to be Minamino.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2021 23:59]

TimSaint

Tanganga on 23:46 - Feb 1 with 870 viewsBicester_North

Tanganga on 23:44 - Feb 1 by TimSaint

I was writing that with a bit of sarcasm, but the truth is, now that both our back up full backs have departed, what I suggested is actually now the reality.

I think we are only allowed 2 loan signings anyway, so seeing as we already have Walcott and weren't going to buy anyone, we had to choose our 1 loan carefully and that now seems to be Minamino.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2021 23:59]

Good point, forgot about the 2 loan rule

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024