Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hull suffer effects of Dickie at both ends - Report 19:42 - Aug 15 with 4543 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/55486
Hull suffer effects of Dickie at both ends - Report on 20:04 - Aug 15 with 4416 viewsB_Wad

Thank you for the excellent write up. Always a good read but a game like that makes it that much sweeter.

Might need to provide a stat line on the record for how many consecutive times an R has received a 9 rating.
Hull suffer effects of Dickie at both ends - Report on 20:26 - Aug 15 with 4295 viewsRangersw12

The support has been fantastic the last 3 games and long may it continue

Seems to be a real connection between the fans and the players
Hull suffer effects of Dickie at both ends - Report on 20:28 - Aug 15 with 4273 viewsGloryHunter

Is it official that Chair was out with Covid, Clive?
Hull suffer effects of Dickie at both ends - Report on 20:28 - Aug 15 with 4281 viewsAntti_Heinola

Lovely stuff thanks Clive.
It was a definite red. It's not even a debate. High, missed ball, endangered opponent. Can't believe some on here called it soft.

Bare bones.

Hull suffer effects of Dickie at both ends - Report on 20:47 - Aug 15 with 4174 viewsCiderwithRsie

Going to find it hard not to think of Dom Ball as Gentle Ben from now on.
Hull suffer effects of Dickie at both ends - Report on 22:00 - Aug 15 with 3838 viewsdanehoop

Hull suffer effects of Dickie at both ends - Report on 20:28 - Aug 15 by GloryHunter

Is it official that Chair was out with Covid, Clive?

I think it was reported to have been a stomach bug.

Never knowingly understood

Hull suffer effects of Dickie at both ends - Report on 22:26 - Aug 15 with 3717 viewscolinallcars

Another fine report.
Hull suffer effects of Dickie at both ends - Report on 07:22 - Aug 16 with 3192 viewsSydneyRs

Hull suffer effects of Dickie at both ends - Report on 20:28 - Aug 15 by Antti_Heinola

It was a definite red. It's not even a debate. High, missed ball, endangered opponent. Can't believe some on here called it soft.

The player himself knew it too. Easy decision.
Login to get fewer ads

Hull suffer effects of Dickie at both ends - Report on 07:53 - Aug 16 with 3127 viewsGaryBannisterswedge

What a great title for the report..... I knew a girl once....😜
Report is first class, thanks for your consistently accurate and amusing reports/previews. To do 6 in a week must be a real slog, yet they continue to be fantastic.... well done and like Dickie, hope you keep it up pnnarr pnnarr!!
Hull suffer effects of Dickie at both ends - Report on 09:28 - Aug 16 with 2871 viewsswisscottage

Another fabulous report as usual Clive.

I do disagree about the 5 for Dykes, and think you're being overly harsh.

Whist he was a little off the pace, and poor with his hold up play he won numerous headers, which would have led to more chances on goal if Chair or Willock had bothered to anticipate a flick on.

On top of that he scores a goal, and could easily have been a hat-trick unlucky with one that Ingram saved, and the only one he should have done better with was the nod straight at Ingram
Hull suffer effects of Dickie at both ends - Report on 12:49 - Aug 16 with 2579 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Hull suffer effects of Dickie at both ends - Report on 20:28 - Aug 15 by Antti_Heinola

Agreed, he had both feet off the ground - I think that's an automatic red, as seen to be potentially dangerously out of control.
Hull suffer effects of Dickie at both ends - Report on 13:12 - Aug 16 with 2520 viewsNorthernr

Hull suffer effects of Dickie at both ends - Report on 09:28 - Aug 16 by swisscottage

Another fabulous report as usual Clive.

I do disagree about the 5 for Dykes, and think you're being overly harsh.

Whist he was a little off the pace, and poor with his hold up play he won numerous headers, which would have led to more chances on goal if Chair or Willock had bothered to anticipate a flick on.

On top of that he scores a goal, and could easily have been a hat-trick unlucky with one that Ingram saved, and the only one he should have done better with was the nod straight at Ingram

Maybe. Tbf he got an 8 on whoscored, compared to a 6.1 for KLP who I thought looked good, so clearly I don't know what I'm on about - I've upped him to a 6 on that revelation.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Hull suffer effects of Dickie at both ends - Report on 13:51 - Aug 16 with 2410 viewsrsonist

Warbs' ruthlessness mantra is fair enough and quite right, but putting your foot on a game's neck and passing the life out of a 1-0 win sometimes also ought to come under it.
Hull suffer effects of Dickie at both ends - Report on 14:31 - Aug 16 with 2326 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"That’s the division, and results like this are how you get out of it."

Nice line.

Super work, as usual.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hull suffer effects of Dickie at both ends - Report on 15:49 - Aug 16 with 2211 viewsGroveR

Hull suffer effects of Dickie at both ends - Report on 13:51 - Aug 16 by rsonist

Warbs' ruthlessness mantra is fair enough and quite right, but putting your foot on a game's neck and passing the life out of a 1-0 win sometimes also ought to come under it.

I'm never really comfortable without a 2 - preferably 3 - goal cushion. We've always got a rick in us, especially when things are going well (3-0 up in 30mins to Luton at home, looking like we could have posted any score we wanted, ended up clinging on for a win).
Hull suffer effects of Dickie at both ends - Report on 15:50 - Aug 16 with 2208 viewsdaveB

Hull suffer effects of Dickie at both ends - Report on 13:12 - Aug 16 by Northernr

Maybe. Tbf he got an 8 on whoscored, compared to a 6.1 for KLP who I thought looked good, so clearly I don't know what I'm on about - I've upped him to a 6 on that revelation.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Apart from the goal I thought Dykes was poor again to be honest, hopefully the goal will spark him into life again
Hull suffer effects of Dickie at both ends - Report on 16:03 - Aug 16 with 2180 viewsCiderwithRsie

Hull suffer effects of Dickie at both ends - Report on 13:51 - Aug 16 by rsonist

With 10-15 minutes to go, maybe.

If we're going to keep scoring early goals then I don't think we're going to win many by going Swanselona Snorefest for the next 60 minutes, especially not with all that space on the flanks
Hull suffer effects of Dickie at both ends - Report on 18:36 - Aug 16 with 1985 viewsrsonist

Hull suffer effects of Dickie at both ends - Report on 15:49 - Aug 16 by GroveR

I'm never really comfortable without a 2 - preferably 3 - goal cushion. We've always got a rick in us, especially when things are going well (3-0 up in 30mins to Luton at home, looking like we could have posted any score we wanted, ended up clinging on for a win).

Yeah that Luton match still feels like the signature. That's what I mean though, we can sit here and say we've always a rick in us, but it's like Warbs' interpretation of ruthlessness has that admission built-in. (Yes goals change games, yes a deflection can go in off someone's arse etc, but still).

It's not the defending - which has been good and committed - it's the game control.
Hull suffer effects of Dickie at both ends - Report on 21:46 - Aug 16 with 1777 viewsQPR_John

Hull suffer effects of Dickie at both ends - Report on 15:50 - Aug 16 by daveB

Apart from the goal I thought Dykes was poor again to be honest, hopefully the goal will spark him into life again

“ Apart from the goal I thought Dykes was poor again to be honest”

He can be as poor as he likes if he scores.
Hull suffer effects of Dickie at both ends - Report on 22:42 - Aug 16 with 1703 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Hull suffer effects of Dickie at both ends - Report on 21:46 - Aug 16 by QPR_John

“ Apart from the goal I thought Dykes was poor again to be honest”

He can be as poor as he likes if he scores.

With Dykes you also have to remember that he was playing in a major international tournament in the early summer. These players often have a slow start. Looks a useful player to me just lacks personality on the pitch perhaps.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Hull suffer effects of Dickie at both ends - Report on 02:43 - Aug 17 with 1585 viewsVancouverHoop

He's scoring pretty regularly, which is the baseline for a striker. He does seem to vanish at times – I genuinely didn't know he was on the pitch during the second half at Cambridge. But, I can live with that particularly as he's doing it without Austin beside him at the moment.
Hull suffer effects of Dickie at both ends - Report on 06:59 - Aug 17 with 1532 viewsnix

Hull suffer effects of Dickie at both ends - Report on 02:43 - Aug 17 by VancouverHoop

He's scoring pretty regularly, which is the baseline for a striker. He does seem to vanish at times – I genuinely didn't know he was on the pitch during the second half at Cambridge. But, I can live with that particularly as he's doing it without Austin beside him at the moment.

Also in the first half of the season when he was involved a lot, people were complaining about him for not scoring enough when he was involved a lot in the play outside the box. The line then was that his main job was scoring. So now he's got one in three, and was unlucky to get two in three with the Ingram save off his foot. Plus he was playing when ill on Saturday and had really poor service against Millwall and people are saying he's poor after three games. I think he's entitled to ask us to make our minds up what we went.

Incidentally he was also involved in the build up to the third goal on Saturday and should have got an assist when setting up a sitter for Uncs against Orient, so not just sitting on his bum.
Hull suffer effects of Dickie at both ends - Report on 14:40 - Aug 17 with 1331 viewsJustJules

Thanks for the report Clive. Anybody else notice Ilias with his hands up already celebrating as Willock took his first touch?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024