Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
12 Players Who Could Go In Summer 15:53 - May 24 with 1633 viewsSaintNick

Discuss, we could lose 8 of these and buy 4 replacements which if in the right area would not worsen the squad

1, Fraser Forster - Free transfer looks a done deal.
2. Harry Lewis - Going to Bradford City on free transfer
3. Willie Caballero - only a short term deal
4. Jan Bednarek - Something gone wrong with him, he is on long term deal so we will get decent money for him.
5 Jack Stephens - Out of contract probably go to Championship side or maybe a much reduced contract offered here as back up.
6 Yan Valery - Going into last year of contract, probably see it out as we need cover with Livramento out.
7. Moi Elyounoussi - We will try to get a fee in the last year of his deal, probably he will see it out
8. Theo Walcott- We will try to let him go on a free, but his wages might be stumbling block
9. Nathan Redmond - A year left we will take money of we can get a decent fee.
10. Moussa Djenepo- See Elyounoussi and Walcott
11. Shane Long - Perhaps we will offer him another one year deal as he has played a role nobody else can at the end of a game.
12. Romain Perraud- Not really true quality, Thierry Small might break through

This post has been edited by an administrator

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

12 Players Who Could Go In Summer on 16:31 - May 24 with 1565 viewsButty101

Interesting post.

What have you got against Romain Perraud? I actually thought him and Tino where good signings.
Small is not going to make it. Ralph alluded to that after the Leicester game when he said he had no options hence redmond played their.

Redmond would have to go on a free, as he is championship at best. No other premiership club will take him. Like wise Adam Armstrong and che adams championship at best but on to much money to move.
Why on earth would you keep long mental!
I would keep Elyounoussi At least he can occasionally find the net.

I would also bin diallo .

Bednerek if some one offered 10/15mill bite there hand off. Think he needs a fresh start

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

12 Players Who Could Go In Summer on 16:34 - May 24 with 1560 viewsBerber

Of those, i would like Forster, Elyanoussi and Perrault to stay. I am still shocked that we gave McCarthy another contract. Elyanoussi has been our most productive AM by far, even if prone to needlessly giving the ball away. Perrault is not the same quality as KWP or Tino, but still a great asset to have as first reserve FB.

As commented elsewhere, if RH thinks Salisu was the best FB option instead of playing Valery at RB and KWP at left, then Valery definitely has no real role to play with us. Though I do have some sympathy, when I think of Valery drifting out of position leaving acres of space for Vardy to run into. Been there, seen that.
12 Players Who Could Go In Summer on 16:38 - May 24 with 1549 viewsPatfromPoole

Romain Perraud.

Not really true quality.

This is a wind-up, yes?

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

12 Players Who Could Go In Summer on 16:41 - May 24 with 1549 viewssaints__fan__73

Adams managed 10 goals last season which is fine for PL level. He just needs a strike partner like Ings who is getting 15+.

I'm not sure how many seasons at this level it would take Armstrong to get 10 goals.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

12 Players Who Could Go In Summer on 16:42 - May 24 with 1548 viewsdirk_doone

12 Players Who Could Go In Summer on 16:34 - May 24 by Berber

Of those, i would like Forster, Elyanoussi and Perrault to stay. I am still shocked that we gave McCarthy another contract. Elyanoussi has been our most productive AM by far, even if prone to needlessly giving the ball away. Perrault is not the same quality as KWP or Tino, but still a great asset to have as first reserve FB.

As commented elsewhere, if RH thinks Salisu was the best FB option instead of playing Valery at RB and KWP at left, then Valery definitely has no real role to play with us. Though I do have some sympathy, when I think of Valery drifting out of position leaving acres of space for Vardy to run into. Been there, seen that.

When we sell a player it's usually because he's good enough for another Premier League club; the ones we keep are the ones no other Premier League club wants. McCarthy and Long are classic examples. When they stop playing, they'll probably have jobs for life here as coaches because no other club will want them for that either.

At least 9 of the players in that list of 12 are simply not good enough for ANY other PL club so we'll be stuck with them.
[Post edited 24 May 2022 16:54]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

12 Players Who Could Go In Summer on 16:51 - May 24 with 1522 viewssaints__fan__73

12 Players Who Could Go In Summer on 16:42 - May 24 by dirk_doone

When we sell a player it's usually because he's good enough for another Premier League club; the ones we keep are the ones no other Premier League club wants. McCarthy and Long are classic examples. When they stop playing, they'll probably have jobs for life here as coaches because no other club will want them for that either.

At least 9 of the players in that list of 12 are simply not good enough for ANY other PL club so we'll be stuck with them.
[Post edited 24 May 2022 16:54]

We're lucky if we can sell the crap ones. They tend to be loaned off to Scottish or European clubs while we still pay their wages until their contracts expire.

12 Players Who Could Go In Summer on 17:21 - May 24 with 1454 viewsElijahK

4 players to keep I’d put down as…
Perraud, Bednerak, Redmond and Elynousie
Perraud has actually been pretty decent this season, and is certainly better than Bertrand, so why he’s even in this list is quite a surprise. As yeah he’s not been as good as KWP and Livermento (although some may think otherwise), but he’s till been great and I definitely want him playing when the other two aren’t available.
Bednerak ain’t as good as we hoped he’d be, but after seeing how Lyanco has been and how Salisu just ain’t what we’d hoped for, I’d arguably say he’s our best centre half as he’s the most consistent and doesn't actually make too many blatant mistakes. As yes he can be poor at times, but at least he doesn’t mess up as often as Lyanco/Salisu for giving away the ball right in front of goal or getting themselves stupidly sent off. And even if you don’t think he’s best, we want at least 2 centre half’s on the bench, and if we’re only getting one in, then I’d certainly prefer to keep him over any of the others.
Redmond and Elynousie are both very similar, as both aren’t proper PL quality wingers, but at the same time, on their day they can be. As both have their floors and strengths, but if we could get a new winger for next season, then I’d happy with them on the bench so that we do have some options that could actually work if one of the starters aren’t up for it/git injured or such.

4 to get rid of and not replace…
Lewis, Caballero, Walcott and Valery
As both Lewis and Caballero (although I think he may be becoming some sort of coach now), aren’t good enough so we might as well get rid of them. As we’re getting a new number 1 keeper, we’ve got McCarthy for the bench, and I’ve even heard that we’re gonna sign this Man City young keeper, which is easily enough keepers for next season, hence why we might as well get rid of both.
Similar story for Valery as he just doesn’t have it, and with us having Small and Perraud on one side, with KWP and Livermento on the other (especially with KWP showing he can play on ether side) we don’t need anymore fukkbacks, and he didn’t seem too amazing as a centre half anyway, so why keep him, as he’s not too young anymore and isn’t the exciting prospect we once thought him to be.
Walcott wise, well I got it wrong about Forster compared to McCarthy, but I still remember how I said how poor of a decision it was to sign him when we got him, and how I was ridiculed for it, and everyone was acting like he was some amazing signing. But yeah seems like my gut was right, as he’s been poor from start to finish and we shouldn’t have signed him in the first place, so if some MLS team wants him, then they can be my guest and have him.

4 to get rid of and replace…
Forster, Stephens, Djenpo and Long
I’d say those 4 as we desperately need a new keeper who’s actually PL quality and can actually distribute the ball. As I know many have gone on about Forster and such (who yeah I did underestimate and is better than McCarthy (although I do think that many will even have a go at McCarthy for things that he can’t do anything about and never give him the credit he deserves, yet will do the opposite with Forster, always making excuses, acting like he was amazing when he just did what you’d expect a keeper to do and never excepting that he’s nit PL quality ether) but if he ain’t taking a wage cut, and as he’ll be on the bench next season, we might as well go with the cheaper option, so I’m happy he’s gone, especially with both Johnstone and Pope available, as well as that Polish one, any 3 of which could be better than him.
Stephens wise, he just never was good enough and seeing how poor our defence has been, we do need one experienced PL quality defender to help finally sort out our issues at the back (as it’s just the centre half’s now as the fullbacks have been great all season round) which if they can do, may mean that we’ve only gotta score a goal or two to actually win games again.
Djenepo wise, he started off ok, but just never plays anymore and ain’t really up to it, as midfield wise for next season, we just need another winger, as central midfield is sorted with Prowse and Romeu and on the other wing we’ve got S Armstrong, so we just need another winger to sort our midfield for next season, as we’ll still have options on the bench, but yet again we do need a PL quality winger if we’re to get anywhere.
And Long wise, look he’s been a great asset to the club and I wish him all the best, but there’s no point in us going bing him a contact as he may put in his hard shift, but that shift ain’t no longer good enough. And seeing that no recognised striker scored in the league since the end of Feb/start of March, with Prowse being our top goal scorer, we need someone to get us the goals once again, and end the season in the double digits zone.
[Post edited 24 May 2022 17:24]

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

12 Players Who Could Go In Summer on 19:06 - May 24 with 1320 viewsRon11

12 Players Who Could Go In Summer on 16:41 - May 24 by saints__fan__73

Adams managed 10 goals last season which is fine for PL level. He just needs a strike partner like Ings who is getting 15+.

I'm not sure how many seasons at this level it would take Armstrong to get 10 goals.

Adams had a strike partner up front called Broja. Things were going well with that and then suddenly the manager decides to change it all and everything went down the toilet including Broja's enthusiasm and desire to stay here for another season.
Login to get fewer ads

12 Players Who Could Go In Summer on 19:27 - May 24 with 1279 views1teeminants

The only one of those I’d keep is Perraud. I would have kept Forster too but we know he’s off . I think Perraud is a good player as we have seen a few times this season, he does make mistakes but He can improve and he has a tremendous shot on him. You don’t get voted the best left back in France 2021 by the fans if you’re Shyte . I would say keep Bednarek too but he’s gone right off for some reason. I would rather we kept him rather than Stephens . Maybe time for both to leave. I really don’t get your fixation with Long. He wouldn’t get in any other premier league squad.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

12 Players Who Could Go In Summer on 19:32 - May 24 with 1274 viewsSonicBoom

Broadly speaking paying around 10-12 million has bought us players that don't hold down a regular place. If that is what we keep doing then eventually we end up with a team of reserves.
12 Players Who Could Go In Summer on 19:49 - May 24 with 1235 viewsTripleNiemi

Why try and dismantle the best squad we have had in years?

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

12 Players Who Could Go In Summer on 20:27 - May 24 with 1165 viewsdirk_doone

12 Players Who Could Go In Summer on 19:27 - May 24 by 1teeminants

The only one of those I’d keep is Perraud. I would have kept Forster too but we know he’s off . I think Perraud is a good player as we have seen a few times this season, he does make mistakes but He can improve and he has a tremendous shot on him. You don’t get voted the best left back in France 2021 by the fans if you’re Shyte . I would say keep Bednarek too but he’s gone right off for some reason. I would rather we kept him rather than Stephens . Maybe time for both to leave. I really don’t get your fixation with Long. He wouldn’t get in any other premier league squad.

I agree with you, 1teem. Forster and Perraud are the only 2 of the 12 who are clearly good enough for another Premier League team. Redmond might just scrape into one of the bottom teams too. The rest of them could probably find homes in lower leagues here or in minor European ones but probably wouldn't be prepared to give up the high salaries they are on here so we're stuck with them or, as we've done before, we'll have to pay their wages while they play for another club.
[Post edited 24 May 2022 20:36]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

12 Players Who Could Go In Summer on 22:18 - May 24 with 1038 viewskingslandstand1

12 Players Who Could Go In Summer on 19:32 - May 24 by SonicBoom

Broadly speaking paying around 10-12 million has bought us players that don't hold down a regular place. If that is what we keep doing then eventually we end up with a team of reserves.

What do you mean, eventually end up with ....

We've actually achieved that!
12 Players Who Could Go In Summer on 22:44 - May 24 with 978 viewssaint22

Can we sell McCarthy please? And bring in Pope

Why would we sell Perraud he has looked good when he gets game time?
If ralph can work out play RB and LB in their correct position that wold help us all
12 Players Who Could Go In Summer on 22:59 - May 24 with 962 views1teeminants

12 Players Who Could Go In Summer on 20:27 - May 24 by dirk_doone

I agree with you, 1teem. Forster and Perraud are the only 2 of the 12 who are clearly good enough for another Premier League team. Redmond might just scrape into one of the bottom teams too. The rest of them could probably find homes in lower leagues here or in minor European ones but probably wouldn't be prepared to give up the high salaries they are on here so we're stuck with them or, as we've done before, we'll have to pay their wages while they play for another club.

Yes Dirk . All these years of buying on the cheap have come back to haunt us. As I’ve mentioned before even the likes of Massive clubs like Brighton, Palace and Bournemouth spend more on players than we do. This has to change.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

12 Players Who Could Go In Summer on 09:22 - May 25 with 783 viewsSaintNick

Interesting that so many rate Perraud so highly, I don't think he is a bad player, but he is not as good as some would think (Imho), he looks good charging down the wing , but defensively he is not so good.

Given that when Tino Livramento is back, we could see KWP revert to right back he won't be first choice, also I expect to see Thierry Small start to break into the first team reckoning at some point next season.

12 Players Who Could Go In Summer on 09:34 - May 25 with 760 viewsPatfromPoole

12 Players Who Could Go In Summer on 09:22 - May 25 by SaintNick

Interesting that so many rate Perraud so highly, I don't think he is a bad player, but he is not as good as some would think (Imho), he looks good charging down the wing , but defensively he is not so good.

Given that when Tino Livramento is back, we could see KWP revert to right back he won't be first choice, also I expect to see Thierry Small start to break into the first team reckoning at some point next season.

Perraud was a whole lot better in all his appearances than Thierry Small was against Coventry.

I saw Perraud defend excellently against a number of top international players last season. De Bruyne and Saka amongst others.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

12 Players Who Could Go In Summer on 09:38 - May 25 with 755 viewssaints__fan__73

12 Players Who Could Go In Summer on 20:27 - May 24 by dirk_doone

Depends on what you mean by good enough for a PL team. Forster isn't really. He's good enough to be a home grown player box checking backup keeper who, barring injuries, will play 3 or 4 League Cup games next season.

12 Players Who Could Go In Summer on 09:42 - May 25 with 753 viewsSaintNick

12 Players Who Could Go In Summer on 09:34 - May 25 by PatfromPoole

Perraud was a whole lot better in all his appearances than Thierry Small was against Coventry.

I saw Perraud defend excellently against a number of top international players last season. De Bruyne and Saka amongst others.

So you have written off Small on 45 minutes against Coventry playing in a second string side who were struggling.

I don't deny Perraud has had some good games, when he is pushed onto the back foot in big games he can do well, but as much as I have seen him play well against the likes of De Bruyne etc, I have seen him ripped apart by bottom of the table teams, Aston Villa for one, Brentford for another.

He charges forward and cant get back.

12 Players Who Could Go In Summer on 11:20 - May 25 with 716 viewsButty101

12 Players Who Could Go In Summer on 09:42 - May 25 by SaintNick

So you have written off Small on 45 minutes against Coventry playing in a second string side who were struggling.

I don't deny Perraud has had some good games, when he is pushed onto the back foot in big games he can do well, but as much as I have seen him play well against the likes of De Bruyne etc, I have seen him ripped apart by bottom of the table teams, Aston Villa for one, Brentford for another.

He charges forward and cant get back.

Small is miles away from being ready for the first team. If was nearly ready he would of got a chance in the last couple games. Ralph said on solent that his only option was Redmond.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024