Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Starting line-up for next season 13:06 - Apr 3 with 3323 viewsPatfromPoole

Something like this without any incomings, which will definitely be needed:-

Bazunu
Perraud
Jack Stephens
Caleta-Car
Livramento
Smallbone
Diallo
Sulemana
Alcaraz
Onuachu
Tella

Assumes JWP, KWP, Lavia and Che will all be bought by Prem clubs.

Subs:
McCarthy, Lyanco, Bree, Simeu, Larios, Stu Armstrong, Edozie, Adam Armstrong, Mara

Will need strengthening in Goal, Centre-Back, Midfield and Striker positions

Sound familiar?
[Post edited 3 Apr 2023 13:07]

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Starting line-up for next season on 13:15 - Apr 3 with 2944 viewsI_would

Something to look forward to without sideways, backwards, joggy, joggy.

Something tells me that the better teams have sussed WP out a long time ago and that he will jog pointlessly with us until 2026 when he will go out to a L1 side where he belongs. Let's hope he doesn't equal Beckham's free kick record, he shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Starting line-up for next season on 13:23 - Apr 3 with 2921 viewsButty101

Starting line-up for next season on 13:15 - Apr 3 by I_would

Something tells me that the better teams have sussed WP out a long time ago and that he will jog pointlessly with us until 2026 when he will go out to a L1 side where he belongs. Let's hope he doesn't equal Beckham's free kick record, he shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath.

Its time to let go the fact that JWP played bedroom Gymnastics with your mum and sister

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Starting line-up for next season on 13:28 - Apr 3 with 2910 viewsPatfromPoole

At least my gripes have a bit of logic to them.

Well, I think so anyway….

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Starting line-up for next season on 13:59 - Apr 3 with 2877 viewssaint901

I really hope some of the names mentioned are not even on the bench next season.
Starting line-up for next season on 14:22 - Apr 3 with 2857 viewsI_would

Starting line-up for next season on 13:23 - Apr 3 by Butty101

Its time to let go the fact that JWP played bedroom Gymnastics with your mum and sister

Ha ha ha. Funny as Lavia getting an ACL. Have you left school early Butthole?

Ralph decided that JWP was the answer 3 years ago and played him every game from then, then made him Captain, you couldn't make it up. Coincided with our slide down to table to the pitiful position we are today. Fact, end of.

Starting line-up for next season on 15:32 - Apr 3 with 2801 viewsMessysaints

Starting line-up for next season on 13:23 - Apr 3 by Butty101

was meant quote i_would, soz
[Post edited 3 Apr 2023 15:33]
Starting line-up for next season on 15:34 - Apr 3 with 2797 viewsMessysaints

lol.

lay off the monkey dust
Starting line-up for next season on 15:47 - Apr 3 with 2783 viewsI_would

Starting line-up for next season on 15:34 - Apr 3 by Messysaints

lol.

lay off the monkey dust

Maybe kick ball sideways, walk. Kick ball backwards, walk, could do with some. He's a bloody useless negative boy not a Captain and MF General (maybe the people that think that are on acid).

Anyone who rates Prowse is stats delusioned or perhaps a blinkered dreamer.

Login to get fewer ads

Starting line-up for next season on 16:09 - Apr 3 with 2763 viewsIfonly

Me thinks Bella Kotchap, Alcaraz, Orsic, Sulemana and possibly Salisu and Onuachu will also go. Tella will probably press to stay at Burnley and player power will probably make it happen. I would not be surprised to see 10 of our better players go.

In my dreams I fantasise that SR say "sorry Saints fans we have let you down with our leadership this year so we will keep lots of high wage players on the books for next season and persuade them to stay". If we did that I think we'd bounce back because there is a big gap between the leagues, but we would need a good manager that could make use of those players.
Starting line-up for next season on 06:10 - Apr 4 with 2562 viewsJimmyMeliaPhD

i see where the ideas are coming from, except for one.....why on earth would. PL club buy Adams?
Starting line-up for next season on 06:14 - Apr 4 with 2560 viewsJimmyMeliaPhD

and we're not getting Tella back unless he has some perverted desire of his own to return
Starting line-up for next season on 10:12 - Apr 4 with 2451 viewssaints__fan__73

Starting line-up for next season on 06:14 - Apr 4 by JimmyMeliaPhD

and we're not getting Tella back unless he has some perverted desire of his own to return

Why not? His loan expires at the end of the season and he's under contract for a number of seasons more with us.

He'll be reporting back for first day of pre-season training with the rest of the squad.

Unless you think he's going to go on strike?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Starting line-up for next season on 10:42 - Apr 4 with 2434 viewssaintwizzler

Starting line-up for next season on 16:09 - Apr 3 by Ifonly

Me thinks Bella Kotchap, Alcaraz, Orsic, Sulemana and possibly Salisu and Onuachu will also go. Tella will probably press to stay at Burnley and player power will probably make it happen. I would not be surprised to see 10 of our better players go.

In my dreams I fantasise that SR say "sorry Saints fans we have let you down with our leadership this year so we will keep lots of high wage players on the books for next season and persuade them to stay". If we did that I think we'd bounce back because there is a big gap between the leagues, but we would need a good manager that could make use of those players.

Depends on which have relegation release clauses written into their contracts.
Which any agent worth his salt would have had.

There’s only 3 that will be missed imo.
JWP
KWP
Lavia

All the others can fûck off.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Starting line-up for next season on 10:43 - Apr 4 with 2432 viewssaintwizzler

Starting line-up for next season on 10:12 - Apr 4 by saints__fan__73

Why not? His loan expires at the end of the season and he's under contract for a number of seasons more with us.

He'll be reporting back for first day of pre-season training with the rest of the squad.

Unless you think he's going to go on strike?

It’s all down to the player.
If he wants to go, he’ll go.

Just get as much for him as possible.

Starting line-up for next season on 11:25 - Apr 4 with 2395 viewsSpringhill_old_boy

How many of the new signings would stay if relegated ?
Can see Orsic, Caleta Car and Alcaraz at least asking for a transfer. (Alcaraz picked Saints over Benfica for example so he definitely would have options)
Problem will be what style and formation the club would play?
Livramento ? I know he has been injured but would he think that he is too good for the Championship ? (Would he be loyal to the club after they stood by him ? Loyalty and football players is not as common as it once was)
Will it be Seles in charge ? If so (and the club have accepted the fact that Saints are going down) he should start using the players that HE thinks will be there next season .. Therefore if the aforementioned (JWP KWP Lavia and Che) start seeing less game time then it would be him looking forward and using the remaining matches of this campaign to prepare for next season .... If however he will be given the boot and a new fella comes in ... then who knows?
Strap yourselves in folks because one way or another its gonna be a bumpy ride !!
Starting line-up for next season on 12:45 - Apr 4 with 2373 viewsMonksway

I think more will go. KWP, JWP, Lavia, ABK, Che, Salisu, will all have PL interest from mid table teams. If Bournemouth and Burnley are PL next season they will keep Stephens and Tella. Everton might renew their interest in Sulimana and Saints will want to offload higher earners to Europe, Orsic, CC, Aribo. I think Stu Armstrong will want to go back to Scotland.
Starting line-up for next season on 12:46 - Apr 4 with 2372 viewsMonksway

I think more will go. KWP, JWP, Lavia, ABK, Che, Salisu, will all have PL interest from mid table teams. If Bournemouth and Burnley are PL next season they will keep Stephens and Tella. Everton might renew their interest in Sulimana and Saints will want to offload higher earners to Europe on loan, Orsic, CC, Aribo. I think Stu Armstrong will want to go back to Scotland.
Starting line-up for next season on 14:35 - Apr 4 with 2304 viewsGRIM

Starting line-up for next season on 12:45 - Apr 4 by Monksway

I think more will go. KWP, JWP, Lavia, ABK, Che, Salisu, will all have PL interest from mid table teams. If Bournemouth and Burnley are PL next season they will keep Stephens and Tella. Everton might renew their interest in Sulimana and Saints will want to offload higher earners to Europe, Orsic, CC, Aribo. I think Stu Armstrong will want to go back to Scotland.

I think the way Stuart Armstrong has been playing this season his head is already back up in Scotland.
I used like SA & think he was one of our more creative players but he's been awful this season.
His work rate off the ball is non existent.
Starting line-up for next season on 15:45 - Apr 4 with 2257 viewskingslandstand1

Starting line-up for next season on 10:43 - Apr 4 by saintwizzler

It’s all down to the player.
If he wants to go, he’ll go.

Just get as much for him as possible.

He's proved himself in the Championship, let's keep him. He couldn't do it in the Prem with us before so why would he with Burnley?

Apart from the manager actually playing him every game of course
Starting line-up for next season on 16:22 - Apr 4 with 2233 viewsNumber_58

We'll miss you on here when JWP moves on.
Starting line-up for next season on 17:16 - Apr 4 with 2221 viewsinthebox

In the Championship both Adam and Che were banging them in for fun, so we shouldn't need a striker, What we will need will be some hard man nouse in midfield and defence if we going make any progress.
Starting line-up for next season on 18:06 - Apr 4 with 2203 viewsI_would

Starting line-up for next season on 16:22 - Apr 4 by Number_58

We'll miss you on here when JWP moves on.

Yes there won't be much to say if there was some kind of miracle where he did get a job. That is unless the Spanish clown is still presiding and he makes Ely-nooseyourself Captain.

Starting line-up for next season on 10:51 - Apr 6 with 1991 viewsMonksway

I've got a pretty similar team

Bazunu
Livramento
Lyanco
Caletta -Carr
Perraud
Smallbone
Diallo
Adam Armstrong
Alcaraz
Onuachu
Ballard

Subs McCarthy, Bree, Simeu, Larios, Djenepo, Edozie

Gone: Caballero, KWP, ABK, Salisu, Bednarek, Stephens ( if Bournemouth stay up) Lavia, AMN, JWP, Walcott, Stu Armstrong, Elyanoussi, Adams, Sulimana, Orsic... Elvis and Uncle Tom Cobbley.
Starting line-up for next season on 11:45 - Apr 6 with 1968 viewssaintwizzler

Starting line-up for next season on 10:51 - Apr 6 by Monksway

I've got a pretty similar team

Bazunu
Livramento
Lyanco
Caletta -Carr
Perraud
Smallbone
Diallo
Adam Armstrong
Alcaraz
Onuachu
Ballard

Subs McCarthy, Bree, Simeu, Larios, Djenepo, Edozie

Gone: Caballero, KWP, ABK, Salisu, Bednarek, Stephens ( if Bournemouth stay up) Lavia, AMN, JWP, Walcott, Stu Armstrong, Elyanoussi, Adams, Sulimana, Orsic... Elvis and Uncle Tom Cobbley.

We’ll get out of The Championship rapidly with that team.

Starting line-up for next season on 12:43 - Apr 6 with 1946 views1ASIN12

Starting line-up for next season on 10:42 - Apr 4 by saintwizzler

Depends on which have relegation release clauses written into their contracts.
Which any agent worth his salt would have had.

There’s only 3 that will be missed imo.
JWP
KWP
Lavia

All the others can fûck off.

Have to agree with this.

Not sure why any other top flight English club would want to buy any of the others.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024