Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taxi for Lyanco 13:50 - Jul 18 with 3549 viewsPatfromPoole

Oh well, no great shame in this…

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Taxi for Lyanco on 14:39 - Jul 18 with 3106 viewsIanSouthstander

I know he's not everybodys cup of tea, but i liked him.

He might not of been the cleverest defender we've ever had, but he always gave 100%.

I for one wish him well on his travels.
Taxi for Lyanco on 15:23 - Jul 18 with 3028 viewsarfurdent

Taxi for Lyanco on 14:39 - Jul 18 by IanSouthstander

He might not of been the cleverest defender we've ever had, but he always gave 100%.

agreed

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Taxi for Lyanco on 15:23 - Jul 18 with 3028 viewssaintmark1976

Sorry to see that he appears to be on his way, bad decision in my opinion . One of the defenders I would have kept, a blood and guts footballer who would have been ideally suited to the Championship. Presumably our new manager doesn’t see a future for him playing possession based tippy tappy football?
Taxi for Lyanco on 15:43 - Jul 18 with 3008 viewsericofarabia

Taxi for Lyanco on 15:23 - Jul 18 by saintmark1976

Sorry to see that he appears to be on his way, bad decision in my opinion . One of the defenders I would have kept, a blood and guts footballer who would have been ideally suited to the Championship. Presumably our new manager doesn’t see a future for him playing possession based tippy tappy football?

Agree 100% with your post.
Taxi for Lyanco on 15:49 - Jul 18 with 2998 viewsdirk_doone

Any offer will be accepted for any player. That's the transfer policy.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Taxi for Lyanco on 16:06 - Jul 18 with 2959 viewssaints__fan__73

Taxi for Lyanco on 14:39 - Jul 18 by IanSouthstander

AKA, he was an utterly shite footballer who was responsible for a goal being conceded in pretty much every game he played.

BUT HE HAD PASSHUUUN!!!!

Thank f'k he's gone.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Taxi for Lyanco on 16:08 - Jul 18 with 2948 viewssaints__fan__73

Taxi for Lyanco on 15:49 - Jul 18 by dirk_doone

Incorrect.

That only happens on the last day of the widow when we are in full-on panic mode Dirk.

At the moment we are in the phase of demanding outrageous fees for our players that no club will pay.

Taxi for Lyanco on 16:46 - Jul 18 with 2903 viewsLondonSaint76

Taxi for Lyanco on 15:23 - Jul 18 by saintmark1976

Totally agree - I can see us getting bullied a fair bit by the more direct, less sophisticated teams in the Championship and Lyanco would have been an ideal candidate to slug it out with them toe to toe when the opposition start to dominate proceedings. I get it that in the VAR obsessed PL he could occasionally be a bit of a liability but the standards are not the same in this division - and that also applies to the refs who let more go, plus no VAR of course. Think he’d have done well at this level and wouldn’t have been pulled up as often as he was in the PL.
Wish him well in Turkey - the fans out there will love his passion for sure.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2023 21:17]

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Login to get fewer ads

Taxi for Lyanco on 18:31 - Jul 18 with 2793 viewsdarthvader

Gutted . I like him and was looking forward to seeing his guts and glory in the championship, he would have loved it too .

keep the faith coyr

Taxi for Lyanco on 18:42 - Jul 18 with 2773 viewsdirk_doone

Talking of guts and glory, I see Romeu has gone to Barcelona.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Taxi for Lyanco on 18:52 - Jul 18 with 2762 viewscocklebreath

Taxi for Lyanco on 15:49 - Jul 18 by dirk_doone

Slightly dramatic, our owners have wasted a fortune, they’ve put the money in just entrusted a chump with it.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Taxi for Lyanco on 20:33 - Jul 18 with 2668 viewsIanSouthstander

Taxi for Lyanco on 16:06 - Jul 18 by saints__fan__73

AKA, he was an utterly shite footballer who was responsible for a goal being conceded in pretty much every game he played.

BUT HE HAD PASSHUUUN!!!!

Thank f'k he's gone.

That statement is just wrong, He was no more responsible for conceding goals than any of our other defenders.
And theres fcuk all wrong with having passhuuun !!!!
Taxi for Lyanco on 22:33 - Jul 18 with 2551 viewshedgeend61

Taxi for Lyanco on 16:06 - Jul 18 by saints__fan__73

BUT HE HAD PASSHUUUN!!!!

Thank f'k he's gone.

Think we all agree he was limited and not really PL level, but is he any worse than Salisu, Caleta, Ketchup and Bedernek, of whom none would get in another PL team.

At least he tried and looked like he cared, unlike many of our other lightweights, all five may find their level in the Championship.
Taxi for Lyanco on 23:25 - Jul 18 with 2503 viewsPatfromPoole

Taxi for Lyanco on 22:33 - Jul 18 by hedgeend61

Think we all agree he was limited and not really PL level, but is he any worse than Salisu, Caleta, Ketchup and Bedernek, of whom none would get in another PL team.

At least he tried and looked like he cared, unlike many of our other lightweights, all five may find their level in the Championship.

I think that Salisu is a potentially really good CB.

He showed when he was in the right place mentally that he was almost as good as anybody else in the Prem; that performance in the 1-1 draw v City a couple of years ago was majestic.

It was too infrequent though sadly.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Taxi for Lyanco on 08:37 - Jul 19 with 2353 viewsSaintNick

Taxi for Lyanco on 23:25 - Jul 18 by PatfromPoole

I think that Salisu is a potentially really good CB.

He showed when he was in the right place mentally that he was almost as good as anybody else in the Prem; that performance in the 1-1 draw v City a couple of years ago was majestic.

It was too infrequent though sadly.

Salisu & Bella-Kotchap have the talent to be quality players, the problem is that have not been consistent enough, the question is whether they have the application to truly become top class.

Bednarek would get into other PL sides, but not in the top 10

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Taxi for Lyanco on 09:39 - Jul 19 with 2321 viewssaints__fan__73

Taxi for Lyanco on 20:33 - Jul 18 by IanSouthstander

That statement is just wrong, He was no more responsible for conceding goals than any of our other defenders.
And theres fcuk all wrong with having passhuuun !!!!

The bloke is a moron.

He gave away numerous goals through his mindless play. And gave loads of chances that we were lucky didn't result in goals.

Last season against Arsenal is a great example, we were hanging on for a point in injury time and he found himself in our corner with the ball at his feet and his back to an Arsenal player. What does he do? Kick the ball out for a corner/throw? Try to boot the ball up the touchline to as near halfway as he could get it? Of course not. Lyanco decided what he should do was chip the ball up to himself, do a keepy-uppy and then overhead kick the ball.

It ended up going straight to an Arsenal player on the edge of the area and it was a miracle they didn't score.

He is an utter liability. Albeit with the (not) all important PASHUN!!!

Taxi for Lyanco on 12:40 - Jul 19 with 2241 viewssaintmark1976

Taxi for Lyanco on 09:39 - Jul 19 by saints__fan__73

The bloke is a moron.

He gave away numerous goals through his mindless play. And gave loads of chances that we were lucky didn't result in goals.

Last season against Arsenal is a great example, we were hanging on for a point in injury time and he found himself in our corner with the ball at his feet and his back to an Arsenal player. What does he do? Kick the ball out for a corner/throw? Try to boot the ball up the touchline to as near halfway as he could get it? Of course not. Lyanco decided what he should do was chip the ball up to himself, do a keepy-uppy and then overhead kick the ball.

It ended up going straight to an Arsenal player on the edge of the area and it was a miracle they didn't score.

He is an utter liability. Albeit with the (not) all important PASHUN!!!

Saints fan 73, if you are going to attempt to give an example of Lyanco’s supposed lack of ability please at least give us one that resulted in the opposition scoring a goal.

The long description you detail is utterly pointless and of no value whatsoever when in your own words you finish by saying “ they didn’t score”. All that you have succeeded in doing is shooting yourself in the foot.

For what it’s worth we lost at Arsenal because of poor goalkeeping which resulted in him being dropped for the next match.
Taxi for Lyanco on 12:47 - Jul 19 with 2236 viewsSaintNick

Taxi for Lyanco on 12:40 - Jul 19 by saintmark1976

Saints fan 73, if you are going to attempt to give an example of Lyanco’s supposed lack of ability please at least give us one that resulted in the opposition scoring a goal.

The long description you detail is utterly pointless and of no value whatsoever when in your own words you finish by saying “ they didn’t score”. All that you have succeeded in doing is shooting yourself in the foot.

For what it’s worth we lost at Arsenal because of poor goalkeeping which resulted in him being dropped for the next match.

Not sure we lost through poor goalkeeping, Bazunu couldnt be blamed for the first, it was a well hit shot unmarked from close range and he did what he could just throw himself at it.

Second goal was well placed shot into bottom right hand.

Third goal Bazunu made a decent save and the rebound was fired past him from fairly close range

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Taxi for Lyanco on 13:13 - Jul 19 with 2223 viewsStRipper

Taxi for Lyanco on 12:47 - Jul 19 by SaintNick

Not sure we lost through poor goalkeeping, Bazunu couldnt be blamed for the first, it was a well hit shot unmarked from close range and he did what he could just throw himself at it.

Second goal was well placed shot into bottom right hand.

Third goal Bazunu made a decent save and the rebound was fired past him from fairly close range

Yes, I think that result was more about our Manager's decisions than primarily the failings of any particular player
Taxi for Lyanco on 13:35 - Jul 19 with 2206 viewssaints__fan__73

Taxi for Lyanco on 12:40 - Jul 19 by saintmark1976

If you're going to critique my appraisal of the bag of shite that is Lyanco than at least read what I had written and respond by talking about the same match. Otherwise you are just shooting yourself in the foot.

As I said we were hanging on for a point in our home match against Arsenal. Come to think about it we didn't lose either match to Arsenal last season so you've shot yourself in both feet.

Taxi for Lyanco on 14:01 - Jul 19 with 2179 viewssaintmark1976

Taxi for Lyanco on 13:35 - Jul 19 by saints__fan__73

If you're going to critique my appraisal of the bag of shite that is Lyanco than at least read what I had written and respond by talking about the same match. Otherwise you are just shooting yourself in the foot.

As I said we were hanging on for a point in our home match against Arsenal. Come to think about it we didn't lose either match to Arsenal last season so you've shot yourself in both feet.

saints fan 73, my feet remain fully intact as I’m not the one who attempted to give an example of a players inability only to finish by pointing out that their supposed mistake didn’t ( that’s right didn’t ) result in the opposition scoring.

Perhaps you can further enlighten us all by giving us an example of Lyanco’s ( or for reasons best known only to yourself a bag of shite as you describe him ) failings, which actually did result in a goal?
Taxi for Lyanco on 14:27 - Jul 19 with 2160 viewssaints__fan__73

Taxi for Lyanco on 14:01 - Jul 19 by saintmark1976

saints fan 73, my feet remain fully intact as I’m not the one who attempted to give an example of a players inability only to finish by pointing out that their supposed mistake didn’t ( that’s right didn’t ) result in the opposition scoring.

Perhaps you can further enlighten us all by giving us an example of Lyanco’s ( or for reasons best known only to yourself a bag of shite as you describe him ) failings, which actually did result in a goal?

PASHUN!!!!!

Taxi for Lyanco on 17:21 - Jul 19 with 2099 viewsUTS1885

Woeful player and never PL standard

Hopefully we will get back most of his original transfer fee.
Taxi for Lyanco on 12:06 - Jul 21 with 1939 viewssaints__fan__73

Issues with paperwork... Looks like the useless sack of shite might be staying...

Taxi for Lyanco on 15:13 - Jul 21 with 1827 viewssaints__fan__73

The useless lump went in studs up on the doctor apparently.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024