Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joey Barton 08:55 - Jan 18 with 5220 viewsHeisenberg

What an unpleasant little man he is. Taking it to another level now.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Joey Barton on 09:06 - Jan 18 with 4363 viewskernow

Popular opposition fans chant.
“She said no Joey”
Joey Barton on 09:15 - Jan 18 with 4328 viewssaints__fan__73

Is this after he forced Aluko to go on holiday?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Joey Barton on 09:18 - Jan 18 with 4312 viewsAndylad63

He was always a nasty player on the pitch, but unlike the likes of our own Terry Hurlock or Jimmy Case, it would appear he is not a quiet gentleman off it. It would appear he has quite an intellect but no brain and an ego the size of a continent. From stubbing out cigar in the face of young colleague to beating his partner in the street and now his verbal attack against women pundits, trouble follows this male human being (I refuse to call him a man). The sooner we all forget about him the happier the world will be.
Joey Barton on 09:20 - Jan 18 with 4305 viewsChesham_Saint

Joey Barton on 09:18 - Jan 18 by Andylad63

He was always a nasty player on the pitch, but unlike the likes of our own Terry Hurlock or Jimmy Case, it would appear he is not a quiet gentleman off it. It would appear he has quite an intellect but no brain and an ego the size of a continent. From stubbing out cigar in the face of young colleague to beating his partner in the street and now his verbal attack against women pundits, trouble follows this male human being (I refuse to call him a man). The sooner we all forget about him the happier the world will be.

Reading his comments on his brother’s prison sentence doesn’t make for good reading either. Glad we’ve never had anything to do with him.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Joey Barton on 10:33 - Jan 18 with 4211 viewssolent_toffee

Joey Barton on 09:20 - Jan 18 by Chesham_Saint

Reading his comments on his brother’s prison sentence doesn’t make for good reading either. Glad we’ve never had anything to do with him.

He’s a scumbag, simple as. To say that his brother and cousin had a ‘bit of a scrap’ and got into trouble was disgusting. They racially attacked a young man, a complete stranger to them, using an ice pick on his head.

The problem with narcissistic scumbags like Barton in the year 2023 is that he has a platform to spout this shite, freedom of speech, often with a tagline of ‘he’s only saying what everyone else is thinking’.
Joey Barton on 10:40 - Jan 18 with 4202 viewssaint901

I think most of us would agree that he is a despicable human being who behaves and speaks like a moronic throwback to the dark ages.

It's tempting to think that he's no worse than many of our parents who come from a generation when thinking and saying things unacceptable these days was not seen as harmful. That can be understood and to a degree pardoned. Barton is however not of that generation and if he is saying these things, he needs to have it made clear that he is in a minority.

I'd also make two observations.

First the media should be ashamed that they are giving this idiot a platform and reporting his words. I'm all for freedom of speech, even where it is offends, but you have to draw a line where that privilege creates real or the risk of real, harm.

Second, he has not learnt to think like this since he stopped playing. These are attitudes he's probably always had. He must therefore have been a joy on the training pitch and I'd expect him to have been involved in a fair number of "incidents" with his team mates which were never reported. Where is the line that a manager must have between including a player for his "combative" qualities and leaving him out because he's a disruptive, arrogant and mendacious d**khead?

What does it say about clubs/managers who tolerate this sort of thing just for a football match?
Joey Barton on 11:50 - Jan 18 with 4101 viewsSonicBoom

Problem is there is a large class of people that agree with him. Usually anyone with a British flag in their twitter name funnily enough. Message boards are full of people sayig hes right!

I'm a fan of free speech and you can't silence someone just because you don't agree with them. He's entitled to his opinion as long as he doesn't cross any legal lines.

My issue is the way he does it. He's very very aggressive and often his responses to criticism are way in excess of the original comments. For example Georgie Bingham disagreed with him and his response was "well you've done alright from football. We all know you dropped your pants for lots of footballers so you should keep quiet". That is just plain ridiculous and unpleasant. If you want to be taken seriously then address the criticism and defend your position using reason.
I've no idea why he suddenly has started lashing out at anyone that dares have a different view. but as I said, there are plenty of people that agree with him.
Joey Barton on 11:59 - Jan 18 with 4091 viewssaints__fan__73

The issue is there is a grain of truth in the start of his argument. i.e that positive discrimination in terms of gender and race is very much in play now and there are a large number of women involved in the TV presentation of football who are getting their jobs purely due to being female rather than being the best people for the jobs.

I'm not sure having people like Aluko, who are are very bad at their job, constantly used by Sky, BBC etc is doing anyone any good, especially women like Gabby Logan who are very good at their jobs.

Login to get fewer ads

Joey Barton on 12:20 - Jan 18 with 4062 viewssaint901

There is an element of truth in his words but the manner of delivery, the vocabulary and the tone used are all wrong.

My kids are now beyond teenage (4 out of 5 are Saints fans) but I remember vividly making some minor point to them about an incident or something they said and their reaction was not "OK, I'll think about it" but instead to instantly attack. That attack would be along the lines of "well you did XYZ". Often XYZ was nothing to do with the original point and the purpose of the attack was to draw false comparisons and deflect from their own behaviour.

Thankfully they have mostly grown out of that. However it is a feature we see in certainly the last two generations and it's a very unattractive one. It is also one that fills the Daily Hate and social media platforms.

Freedom of speech? Yes but not if the purpose is to damage or hurt individuals.

Barton has a point that the TV stations are desperate to be seen to be inclusive and "woke" and in doing so, they include some commentators etc who are not very good. The gender of said commentator is not relevant.

We - the viewer - have the ultimate sanction here. If we don't like the commentator turn the sound off.

If people like Barton think that he's appealing to any but the prejudiced, weak minded, easily led, biased, bigoted, xenophobic, misogynists, sheep then he is deluding himself.

Unfortunately the groups above have a lot of people who have not had - and who do not want - sufficient education to work out for themselves how their selfish and narrow views can do real harm.
Joey Barton on 12:35 - Jan 18 with 4033 viewsHeisenberg

Joey Barton on 11:59 - Jan 18 by saints__fan__73

The issue is there is a grain of truth in the start of his argument. i.e that positive discrimination in terms of gender and race is very much in play now and there are a large number of women involved in the TV presentation of football who are getting their jobs purely due to being female rather than being the best people for the jobs.

I'm not sure having people like Aluko, who are are very bad at their job, constantly used by Sky, BBC etc is doing anyone any good, especially women like Gabby Logan who are very good at their jobs.

There are male pundits who can hardly string a sentence together. Merson every week can’t pronounce foreign players names but it’s seen as hilarious. Imagine how the likes of Barton would react if Aluko did the same. That’s the difference.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'

Joey Barton on 12:54 - Jan 18 with 4011 viewssaint901

Joey Barton on 12:35 - Jan 18 by Heisenberg

There are male pundits who can hardly string a sentence together. Merson every week can’t pronounce foreign players names but it’s seen as hilarious. Imagine how the likes of Barton would react if Aluko did the same. That’s the difference.

Don't forget Dion "cliche man" Dublin.

Think he's never actually said anything new or original in his life.
Joey Barton on 12:56 - Jan 18 with 4012 viewskingolaf

The bloke is a complete idiot.
I think most female pundits are poor. I think Karen Carney is quite good, and the Chelsea ladies manager speaks a lot of sense. Apart from that, rubbish.
Some male pundits aren’t great either. Leon Osman going on about it being cold the other night was embarrassing.
Back to Barton, absolute odious person.
Joey Barton on 12:57 - Jan 18 with 4008 viewsChesham_Saint

Joey Barton on 12:35 - Jan 18 by Heisenberg

Most of the male pundits are either shite or overpaid, Clear out Lineker and Shearer (overpaid) and dump the likes of Savage and Merson (pig shit thick). As I've said before, there are hundreds of ex-players, many of whom could do a job with a little training.

As for the female commentators/hosts those that are good communicators (Gaby Roslin) are fine, but get rid of the hypocrites (Alex Scott vis-a-vis Qatar) and DON'T try and equate their playing records with that of the men (they are just not the same) and don't have them on just to tick pc boxes.

Joey Barton on 13:22 - Jan 18 with 3973 viewssaints__fan__73

Joey Barton on 12:57 - Jan 18 by Chesham_Saint

Most of the male pundits are either shite or overpaid, Clear out Lineker and Shearer (overpaid) and dump the likes of Savage and Merson (pig shit thick). As I've said before, there are hundreds of ex-players, many of whom could do a job with a little training.

As for the female commentators/hosts those that are good communicators (Gaby Roslin) are fine, but get rid of the hypocrites (Alex Scott vis-a-vis Qatar) and DON'T try and equate their playing records with that of the men (they are just not the same) and don't have them on just to tick pc boxes.

Gaby Roslin did Big Breakfast but not sport...

Joey Barton on 13:23 - Jan 18 with 3969 viewssaints__fan__73

Joey Barton on 12:54 - Jan 18 by saint901

Don't forget Dion "cliche man" Dublin.

Think he's never actually said anything new or original in his life.

No, but he also has got his job through positive discrimination.
[Post edited 18 Jan 13:23]

Joey Barton on 13:27 - Jan 18 with 3955 viewssolent_toffee

Joey Barton on 12:20 - Jan 18 by saint901

There is an element of truth in his words but the manner of delivery, the vocabulary and the tone used are all wrong.

My kids are now beyond teenage (4 out of 5 are Saints fans) but I remember vividly making some minor point to them about an incident or something they said and their reaction was not "OK, I'll think about it" but instead to instantly attack. That attack would be along the lines of "well you did XYZ". Often XYZ was nothing to do with the original point and the purpose of the attack was to draw false comparisons and deflect from their own behaviour.

Thankfully they have mostly grown out of that. However it is a feature we see in certainly the last two generations and it's a very unattractive one. It is also one that fills the Daily Hate and social media platforms.

Barton has a point that the TV stations are desperate to be seen to be inclusive and "woke" and in doing so, they include some commentators etc who are not very good. The gender of said commentator is not relevant.

We - the viewer - have the ultimate sanction here. If we don't like the commentator turn the sound off.

If people like Barton think that he's appealing to any but the prejudiced, weak minded, easily led, biased, bigoted, xenophobic, misogynists, sheep then he is deluding himself.

Unfortunately the groups above have a lot of people who have not had - and who do not want - sufficient education to work out for themselves how their selfish and narrow views can do real harm.

Freedom of speech is an absolute privilege that has been fought for by our forefathers (and mothers) in various wars and social battles throughout centuries only to be abused by little knobheads and like Barton and the frankly ridiculous Tommy Robinson.

There was a documentary on telly about a very vulnerable young girl who made loads of false allegations about sexual grooming gangs in Barrow. Literally as she was being arrested following a lengthy investigation she posted on Facebook reiterating the lies. Cue that idiot Robinson hot footing it to Barrow to mobilise a load of local racists to launch a campaign against the local Muslim community including the family of local restaurants who had even been mentioned by the girl.

The girl was given seven years for it, Robinson and the racists just walked away and took their hate elsewhere.

Freedom of speech, my arse.
Joey Barton on 13:49 - Jan 18 with 3923 viewsHeisenberg

Joey Barton on 13:23 - Jan 18 by saints__fan__73

No, but he also has got his job through positive discrimination.
[Post edited 18 Jan 13:23]

How do you know that ? Were you on the selection panel or worked for the BBC.

Joey Barton on 13:56 - Jan 18 with 3915 viewssaints__fan__73

Joey Barton on 13:49 - Jan 18 by Heisenberg

How do you know that ? Were you on the selection panel or worked for the BBC.

What about Clinton Morrison?

Joey Barton on 14:32 - Jan 18 with 3880 viewsChesham_Saint

Joey Barton on 13:56 - Jan 18 by saints__fan__73

What about Clinton Morrison?

There's plenty of black and Asian plyers who I'm sure could do a fine job given the chance. The BBC just seem to pick some dumb ones (in fact, of all races). I'm not so keen on that ex-Man City guy who does nothing but laugh at the slightest thing - still he's probably better than that miserable sod Danny Murphy.

Joey Barton on 15:00 - Jan 18 with 3847 viewsGRIM

As much as I dislike watching football being presented & commentated on by women (particularly Lucy Ward) I detest having to listen to Jamie Carragher waffle on, consistently talking over the game in that exaggerated Scouse accent.
He talks incessantly without stopping for breath about things that are not relevant to the match & is just so annoying.
It wouldn't be so bad if he had been able to practice what he preaches because he was distinctly average as a player.
Joey Barton on 15:01 - Jan 18 with 3845 viewsSaintEPW

Joey Barton on 12:20 - Jan 18 by saint901

There is no defence nor any acceptance through " grains of truth " for his comments - he compared a football commentator to Fred & Rose West - who murdered at least 12 people - whilst carrying out rape, bondage, torture and mutilation.

This has then resulted in tirades for further threats and abuse being directed at the commentator.

I feel sure that no one seeks to justify this - and most remarks here are totally critical of Barton.

However, maybe it is worth considering that if we use this site or this thread to then discuss and compare male and female commentators when such a vile comment is made - simply helps Barton justify his own appalling values.

Maybe I should not even post this remark - as it just adds more fuel to his hate.
Joey Barton on 15:19 - Jan 18 with 3824 viewssaints__fan__73

Joey Barton on 15:01 - Jan 18 by SaintEPW

There is no defence nor any acceptance through " grains of truth " for his comments - he compared a football commentator to Fred & Rose West - who murdered at least 12 people - whilst carrying out rape, bondage, torture and mutilation.

This has then resulted in tirades for further threats and abuse being directed at the commentator.

I feel sure that no one seeks to justify this - and most remarks here are totally critical of Barton.

However, maybe it is worth considering that if we use this site or this thread to then discuss and compare male and female commentators when such a vile comment is made - simply helps Barton justify his own appalling values.

Maybe I should not even post this remark - as it just adds more fuel to his hate.

He saying things that have some truth and then spouts sensationalist bollux which makes him sound like a deranged idiot. (see also Le Tissier, Matthew).
[Post edited 18 Jan 15:25]

Joey Barton on 15:51 - Jan 18 with 3780 viewsDorsetIan

Barton's just a thug isn't he? All the wealth and years in a professional environment hasn't changed that.

I think we do well having Joe Tessum on Solent.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Joey Barton on 18:16 - Jan 18 with 3675 viewsRon11

The problem lies in the fact that people actually react to comments by tw*ts like Barton and Lineker- that's why they do it, to get a reaction, when really if they were ignored there would not be any 'look at me' value in it for them and other gobshites out there.
Joey Barton on 22:40 - Jan 18 with 3548 viewsJellybaby

Joey Barton is being purposely promoted by our social engineers to discourage anyone from sharing any of his views, because only despicable people would have a view like that - seems to be working......

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024