Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 Things From Watford 10:08 - Jan 29 with 3615 viewsSaintNick

1, Why where the front rows covered up in our end, that wasn't the case for the league game up there in December, so why did they do it and waste about 400 seats that could have been sold to us.

2. Why do some people get so uptight about not only individual players but also the team, this was essentially a reserve side out there, we all knew that and that the performance would not be as good as it would be with the first choice players out, encouragement was needed not abuse.

3. Why was the FA Cup draw at 2.45 pm on a Sunday whilst matches were going on.

4. Why did Wesley Hoedt get less stick than he did in the League game, now I don't particularly think he deserved the dogs abuse in the league game, but it was loud and often, we only got about 2 chorus's on Sunday,

5. it's still 20 games unbeaten for me,

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

5 Things From Watford on 10:25 - Jan 29 with 2745 viewsWints76

Hoedt seemed to be enjoying the abuse and I think he had a half decent game for them.

The front rows were closed off for Chesterfield as well. Maybe they are only allowed 4000 away fans?

I understand there were songs about libraries in a pub beforehand.

People were moaning about the lack.of alcohol. Is a pint in a football ground ever actually worth it?

I am pretty sure I have never seen us lose at Watford and must have been 6 or 7 times.
5 Things From Watford on 10:29 - Jan 29 with 2739 viewsNumber_58

On a day when football was shamed by the actions of fans at The Hawthorns, I was disgusted at half time yesterday to see Nick clearly entering the gents toilet via the exit door. Disgraceful behaviour.
5 Things From Watford on 10:30 - Jan 29 with 2739 viewsSaintNick

5 Things From Watford on 10:25 - Jan 29 by Wints76

Hoedt seemed to be enjoying the abuse and I think he had a half decent game for them.

The front rows were closed off for Chesterfield as well. Maybe they are only allowed 4000 away fans?

People were moaning about the lack.of alcohol. Is a pint in a football ground ever actually worth it?

I am pretty sure I have never seen us lose at Watford and must have been 6 or 7 times.

You could be right about the 4,000 away fans, I rarely have a pint in the ground, you have to queue for ages and it is overpriced cr*p.

I saw us lose the first time I ever went to Watford and they scored 6 or 7 times

5 Things From Watford on 10:51 - Jan 29 with 2706 viewsBuggalugs

5 Things From Watford on 10:25 - Jan 29 by Wints76

Some of the lot round by us in the ground were hilarious. Of course we had the usual "is this a library" and "I've got a shed bigger than this", but the bellendary was taken further by not being able to sing OWTS to the right tune, constantly abusing the other man bun player Watford had in their side thinking it was Hoedt and my personal favourite of singing "your city is red, your city is red....just like Southampton, your city is red".

I'm the same at Watford....been loads and still undefeated.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

5 Things From Watford on 10:54 - Jan 29 with 2694 viewsfranniesTache

5 Things From Watford on 10:51 - Jan 29 by Buggalugs

Some of the lot round by us in the ground were hilarious. Of course we had the usual "is this a library" and "I've got a shed bigger than this", but the bellendary was taken further by not being able to sing OWTS to the right tune, constantly abusing the other man bun player Watford had in their side thinking it was Hoedt and my personal favourite of singing "your city is red, your city is red....just like Southampton, your city is red".

Jesus that summary makes me glad i didn't go, I'm starting to wonder if a section of our away support isn't just some kind of weird comedy scripted by Chris Morris with the aim of showing up football fans, because surely they can't be that f*cking stupid can they?
5 Things From Watford on 10:55 - Jan 29 with 2690 viewsWints76

5 Things From Watford on 10:51 - Jan 29 by Buggalugs

That 'your city is red' chant is hilarious
5 Things From Watford on 10:59 - Jan 29 with 2675 viewsfranniesTache

5 Things From Watford on 10:55 - Jan 29 by Wints76

That 'your city is red' chant is hilarious

I actually can't even work out who they thought they were singing about with that? I mean Watford isn't a city, Luton famously wear white, and i can't think of any clubs near them that do wear red, unless they think they have a rivalry with Stevenage?
5 Things From Watford on 11:10 - Jan 29 with 2647 viewsSaintNick

5 Things From Watford on 10:29 - Jan 29 by Number_58

On a day when football was shamed by the actions of fans at The Hawthorns, I was disgusted at half time yesterday to see Nick clearly entering the gents toilet via the exit door. Disgraceful behaviour.

Caught red handed, usually I walk in backwards so as to appear that I am actually walking out and not in

This post has been edited by an administrator

Login to get fewer ads

5 Things From Watford on 11:13 - Jan 29 with 2642 viewsBridders2

5 Things From Watford on 10:59 - Jan 29 by franniesTache

I actually can't even work out who they thought they were singing about with that? I mean Watford isn't a city, Luton famously wear white, and i can't think of any clubs near them that do wear red, unless they think they have a rivalry with Stevenage?

I guess they're saying, there are so many saints fans in your town, you are overwhelmed with red?
5 Things From Watford on 11:19 - Jan 29 with 2625 viewsfranniesTache

5 Things From Watford on 11:13 - Jan 29 by Bridders2

I guess they're saying, there are so many saints fans in your town, you are overwhelmed with red?

I'm not convinced i'd credit them with that level of intelligence but i guess it's possible.
5 Things From Watford on 11:30 - Jan 29 with 2610 viewsBuggalugs

Another highly amusing part of the day was our ridiculously poor timing on leaving the pub, right at the moment a mob of our yoof weirdo's were bouncing down Watford High Street like they owned the place. Must have been about 20/30 of them, all with plastic pints in their hands, singing their mongy songs and just being tits.

What made it so funny was they all had to stop to cross a main road where there was a build up of other fans already waiting, and in unison, they all stopped signing at the same time. About 30 seconds later, the traffic stopped, the green man came on, everyone started crossing the road and they immediately all started singing and being bellends again.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

5 Things From Watford on 11:57 - Jan 29 with 2565 viewssaints__fan__73

The draw was at 3:15pm due to the crowd trouble at WBA/Wolves game. The delay this caused meant there wasn't enough time to have it before the Liverpool game kicked off at 2:30 as was planned.

For me, the game was gone when the draw was moved from it's spiritual home of mid-way through The One Show on a Monday evening.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

5 Things From Watford on 12:24 - Jan 29 with 2512 viewsNumber_58

5 Things From Watford on 10:54 - Jan 29 by franniesTache

Jesus that summary makes me glad i didn't go, I'm starting to wonder if a section of our away support isn't just some kind of weird comedy scripted by Chris Morris with the aim of showing up football fans, because surely they can't be that f*cking stupid can they?

I didn't hear any of that, but I am getting on a bit so maybe my hearing's not so good. I did, however, hear a few muppets behind me screaming the type of abuse at Mason Holgate that made you wonder if he'd murdered their granny.
My most interesting take from yesterday was the chant "Wesley Wesley, you're a c**t". Yes, it's a very bad insult, but at least we were being polite enough to address him by his forename. Whereas against Walsall we had "Lumley, Lumley, what's the score?" which, for me, was just a little bit too impersonal.
5 Things From Watford on 14:54 - Jan 29 with 2336 viewsTimSaint

'Your City Is Red' = That was the Watford Wetherspoons, pre-match.

Special mention to the bloke who was sitting somewhere near the front entrance doors and cleared the area a few times with the most vile of farts.
[Post edited 29 Jan 15:23]

TimSaint

5 Things From Watford on 17:23 - Jan 29 with 2192 viewskingslandstand1

5 Things From Watford on 10:30 - Jan 29 by SaintNick

You could be right about the 4,000 away fans, I rarely have a pint in the ground, you have to queue for ages and it is overpriced cr*p.

I saw us lose the first time I ever went to Watford and they scored 6 or 7 times

That would be 7 I'd guess cos we thought we were already through a League Cup having gone there with a 4 - 0 lead from a 2 legged tie and it finished 7 - 4 or 5 aggregate? Can't think why it was over 2 legs as I don't recall it being a semi-final

Early 80's ish?
5 Things From Watford on 18:06 - Jan 29 with 2121 viewscocklebreath

Stood next to a bloke and 2 sons and I’m not sure any of them opened there mouth once, not a word not a clap nothing, very strange, not even a cheers as we moved to let them past.
My son loved it, only his 2nd away game. He wasn’t allowed to join in with the Wesley song

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

5 Things From Watford on 18:14 - Jan 29 with 2113 viewshedgeend61

5 Things From Watford on 17:23 - Jan 29 by kingslandstand1

That would be 7 I'd guess cos we thought we were already through a League Cup having gone there with a 4 - 0 lead from a 2 legged tie and it finished 7 - 4 or 5 aggregate? Can't think why it was over 2 legs as I don't recall it being a semi-final

Early 80's ish?

I vaguely remembered the 2nd round of the League Cup 80-90's being 2 legged, don't know dates it started and finished.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986%E2%80%9387_Football_League_Cup

The 1st round, between the lower league clubs was also 2 legs, the top Div would enter in the 2nd and I seem to remember it being seeded so all top tier clubs would play a lower tier club home and away, see above. Liverpool won 13-2, Man Utd 7-2 on agg.
5 Things From Watford on 19:25 - Jan 29 with 2006 viewsSouthSeaSaint

5 Things From Watford on 10:30 - Jan 29 by SaintNick

I was at that game too.
Lost 7-1 in the League Cup after a comfortable 4-0 home win in the first leg.
5 Things From Watford on 20:50 - Jan 29 with 1922 viewsdarthvader

5 Things From Watford on 17:23 - Jan 29 by kingslandstand1

Early 80's ish?

3rd round or second round in the league cup used to be 2 legged affairs..and im not talking about my ex mistresses

keep the faith coyr

5 Things From Watford on 22:41 - Jan 29 with 1808 viewsSalisburySaint

5 Things From Watford on 19:25 - Jan 29 by SouthSeaSaint

I was at that game too.
Lost 7-1 in the League Cup after a comfortable 4-0 home win in the first leg.

7-1 after extra time,5-1 after 90 mins, no away goals

Finished so late pubs were closed by time game finished so couldn’t even consult ourselves with a pint after the match

Also Steve Williams had a brilliant free kick disallowed near end of 90mins, as ref I think said he took it before he blown his whistle
5 Things From Watford on 07:54 - Jan 30 with 1690 viewsBarnetSaint

I was at that 7.1 game . Was living in Andover at the time. I knew I had missed my last train home so walked up and down the away end until I recognised someone I knew. A bloke I used to chat to in the ground at the Dell had driven up ( from Soton) dropped me off on his way home.
Top man
5 Things From Watford on 08:39 - Jan 30 with 1657 viewssaint22

5 Things From Watford on 18:06 - Jan 29 by cocklebreath

Stood next to a bloke and 2 sons and I’m not sure any of them opened there mouth once, not a word not a clap nothing, very strange, not even a cheers as we moved to let them past.
My son loved it, only his 2nd away game. He wasn’t allowed to join in with the Wesley song

I was stood next to some guy who just shouted red army every 5 minutes and that was it
Very odd
5 Things From Watford on 09:04 - Jan 30 with 1637 viewsSaintNick

5 Things From Watford on 08:39 - Jan 30 by saint22

I was stood next to some guy who just shouted red army every 5 minutes and that was it
Very odd

For some support is about shouting abuse at the team and individual players when a pass is misplaced or a throw in conceded on the half way line

5 Things From Watford on 09:05 - Jan 30 with 1637 viewsericofarabia

I was pleasantly surprised at the low amount of times any library songs were rolled out considering at how quiet the home crowd were.
Definitely the quietest I been too, including SMS 😉
Only heard them once, near the end and we shut them up by scoring halfway thru their song 😂
5 Things From Watford on 10:00 - Jan 30 with 1593 viewsfranniesTache

5 Things From Watford on 09:05 - Jan 30 by ericofarabia

I was pleasantly surprised at the low amount of times any library songs were rolled out considering at how quiet the home crowd were.
Definitely the quietest I been too, including SMS 😉
Only heard them once, near the end and we shut them up by scoring halfway thru their song 😂

Ironically - considering the changes talked about for St Marys - one of the reasons that Vicarage Road sounds quiet is because their "main" end is the Rookery which is opposite the away stand, so the sound doesn't carry.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024