Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manning 10:23 - Feb 4 with 1782 viewsPatfromPoole

Played very well yesterday.

Got stuck in and was a threat going forward.

Clearly spurred on and motivated by a bit of message board critique

You can all thank me later.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Manning on 09:16 - Feb 5 with 1324 viewsstmichael

He has been much better for a while now.
Good to see..
Maybe he is a bit fitter but whatever it is he is winning me round.

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

Manning on 09:47 - Feb 5 with 1302 viewsSaintNick

Manning on 09:16 - Feb 5 by stmichael

He has been much better for a while now.
Good to see..
Maybe he is a bit fitter but whatever it is he is winning me round.

Message for Patfrompoole and stmichael, you both appear to have been hacked

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Manning on 10:14 - Feb 5 with 1273 viewsPatfromPoole

Manning on 09:47 - Feb 5 by SaintNick

Message for Patfrompoole and stmichael, you both appear to have been hacked

Message to The Editor.

THE VERDICT still seems to include the usual dig at fans towards the end of what was otherwise a very reasonable summary of events.

No digs from me or anybody else at Manning, Mara or any other player; but there is still the undertone of criticism at some of our fans, which The Editor seems to struggle to wind in.

Manning on 10:25 - Feb 5 with 1259 viewsSaintNick

Manning on 10:14 - Feb 5 by PatfromPoole

Message to The Editor.

THE VERDICT still seems to include the usual dig at fans towards the end of what was otherwise a very reasonable summary of events.

No digs from me or anybody else at Manning, Mara or any other player; but there is still the undertone of criticism at some of our fans, which The Editor seems to struggle to wind in.

I didn't have a dig, it was a hope for positivity, in the article I merely mentioned that I hoped some of the Cynics who have criticised Bazunu, Manning and Smallbone this season will notice how they have become vital cogs in the wheel.

Given that they did receive stick, it is only fair to point out that they deserve some praise for how they have knuckled down and got their game together.

Given you had written your post before I had published the article, you have been generous enough to have acknowledged Manning and hopefully perhaps the other two.

Manning on 10:31 - Feb 5 with 1251 viewsPatfromPoole

Manning on 10:25 - Feb 5 by SaintNick

I didn't have a dig, it was a hope for positivity, in the article I merely mentioned that I hoped some of the Cynics who have criticised Bazunu, Manning and Smallbone this season will notice how they have become vital cogs in the wheel.

Given that they did receive stick, it is only fair to point out that they deserve some praise for how they have knuckled down and got their game together.

Given you had written your post before I had published the article, you have been generous enough to have acknowledged Manning and hopefully perhaps the other two.

Smallbone was excellent and was my man of the match.

I can’t recall criticising him before.

Bazunu was fine on Saturday. He still has a mistake in him, as we saw at Watford in the League. Overall he has improved on last season, but then he has a lot less to do.

Manning has been very good for a number of weeks. Links up well with Fraser and deserves to stay in the team. He will win fans over if this continues.

Maybe he needs a song, Nick.

Ryan Manning, Ryan Manning
Running down the wing

I shall let you finish it off 👍

Manning on 10:56 - Feb 5 with 1229 viewsSaintNick

Manning on 10:31 - Feb 5 by PatfromPoole

Bazunu was fine on Saturday. He still has a mistake in him, as we saw at Watford in the League. Overall he has improved on last season, but then he has a lot less to do.

Manning has been very good for a number of weeks. Links up well with Fraser and deserves to stay in the team. He will win fans over if this continues.

Running down the wing

I wasn't having a go at you personally, I can't remember you criticising Smallbone although some did.

With Bazunu yes he made a mistake at Watford, but that is the case with all keepers, the better ones just make fewer mistakes.

Having a lot less to do is right in terms of saving shots, but that is where you see a keepers class, he has to concentrate and be on his toes whilst the ball is up the other end, Bazunu though did the basics well and also his distribution is key, he almost gives un another outfield player when we have the ball.

I think Manning's problems came from who was in front of him for the early part of the season, now he has Fraser he has someone who can work well with him so that helps.

Oh Ryan Manning, he used to pass to the opposition but he's all right now

Manning on 12:52 - Feb 5 with 1165 viewsButty101

Manning on 10:56 - Feb 5 by SaintNick

I wasn't having a go at you personally, I can't remember you criticising Smallbone although some did.

With Bazunu yes he made a mistake at Watford, but that is the case with all keepers, the better ones just make fewer mistakes.

Having a lot less to do is right in terms of saving shots, but that is where you see a keepers class, he has to concentrate and be on his toes whilst the ball is up the other end, Bazunu though did the basics well and also his distribution is key, he almost gives un another outfield player when we have the ball.

I think Manning's problems came from who was in front of him for the early part of the season, now he has Fraser he has someone who can work well with him so that helps.

Baz is having an easy ride at the mom and we are head and shoulders above the rest of the league. I wouldn’t want Baz or Adam Armstrong any where near the first team if we go up

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Manning on 12:59 - Feb 5 with 1151 viewsfranniesTache

Running down the wing

Going by what takes with our current support

Running down the wing
We hate pompey
you love libraries because you don't sing
SCUMMMMMMERS

Now if we can just get Man City to sing it first we've got a classic on our hands
Login to get fewer ads

Manning on 13:29 - Feb 5 with 1102 viewsShirtNumbers

Running down the wing

Ryan Manning

Qu'est que c'est?
Manning on 13:38 - Feb 5 with 1079 viewsfranniesTache

Manning on 13:29 - Feb 5 by ShirtNumbers

Ryan Manning

Qu'est que c'est?

WE HATE POMPEY
IS THIS A LIBRARY

SCUMMERS SCUMMERS SCUMMERS
Manning on 13:49 - Feb 5 with 1068 viewsLondonSaint76

Manning on 12:52 - Feb 5 by Butty101

Baz is having an easy ride at the mom and we are head and shoulders above the rest of the league. I wouldn’t want Baz or Adam Armstrong any where near the first team if we go up

I’d be tempted to take a punt on the Rotherham keeper if we go up and cannot get a keeper in with a decent PL CV. Might be a bit of a punt but I rate him as a better keeper than Baz and he looks less likely to make silly mistakes. Talking of silly mistakes, have a look at the three goals Preston put past Ipswich on Saturday - please let their GK play like that against us in a few weeks time!

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Manning on 14:38 - Feb 5 with 1003 viewsSonicBoom

The criticism of anyone is strange at the moment. Even if you don't like the style of play surely no one can complain about the results. I don't think the team could be do any more than what they are doing. If only we had played like this from the start of the season we would be level or above Leicester.

Talking of Leicester they seem to be having similar issues. I've seen lots of reports of their fans having a go at their manager and their style of play, and they are 11 points clear at the top! Im not sure what some modern day fans want anymore.
Manning on 15:20 - Feb 5 with 980 viewsPatfromPoole

Manning on 10:56 - Feb 5 by SaintNick

It did occur to me that with Bazunu, Manning and Smallbone all being Republic of Ireland internationals, a ditty for the 3 of them could be concocted paying homage to their Irish heritage.

Maybe "What's the craic?" could be the new "Qu'est ce que c'est"......

Not sure how well an Irish-themed song would be received by our fans, mind.

Manning on 16:01 - Feb 5 with 946 viewsTimSaint

My only criticism of Manning is that he often tends to drift into a more central position - leaving acres of space for the opposition's right winger.

I am not sure whether he is coached to do this, or simply drifts across.

Anyway, he came with high expectations, what with making the Champ Team Of The Season last season, but has only really started to consistently show what he can do, since Bree briefly took over at LB but got injured. Keep it up and lets have a few goals and assists please !!

TimSaint

Manning on 16:07 - Feb 5 with 930 viewssaint22

Manning on 13:49 - Feb 5 by LondonSaint76

I’d be tempted to take a punt on the Rotherham keeper if we go up and cannot get a keeper in with a decent PL CV. Might be a bit of a punt but I rate him as a better keeper than Baz and he looks less likely to make silly mistakes. Talking of silly mistakes, have a look at the three goals Preston put past Ipswich on Saturday - please let their GK play like that against us in a few weeks time!

5 Things About Rotherham by Southamptonfan 3 Feb 20:52
Sat on the coach, bored so here goes:

1) Never been to such a quiet place inside and outside the ground. Arrived 2 hours before kick off and there was about 5 people walking around the ground. Totally bizarre. I asked if the game had been called off. But no it got a bit busier later, obviously.

2) Great following from Saints fans. We had the whole end and we were noisy throughout.

3) Their old ground is literally a few minutes walk away, across the road. It's all still standing with floodlights and everything. Was talking to a Rotherham fan who said that the plan was to knock it down and build flats. Once the plan was finalised, it was found that the area was unsuitable for housing, and that the land can only be used for sport. So the ground remains.

4) Rotherham really is a very poor and destitute place. And I've been to some poor places. Anyone see any police? I saw hundreds at Millwall, very few if any at Rotherham.

5) Great away day. The ground is a mini St Mary's. Great selection of food and drink. The Rotherham fans were literally silent apart from a man with a hat. And those steps in the stand, weren't they steep!!!

Manning on 17:00 - Feb 5 with 900 viewsGRIM

Manning on 16:01 - Feb 5 by TimSaint

My only criticism of Manning is that he often tends to drift into a more central position - leaving acres of space for the opposition's right winger.

I am not sure whether he is coached to do this, or simply drifts across.

Anyway, he came with high expectations, what with making the Champ Team Of The Season last season, but has only really started to consistently show what he can do, since Bree briefly took over at LB but got injured. Keep it up and lets have a few goals and assists please !!

You're right about Ryan Manning drifting inside.
He tends to follow the ball after he's played it which does leave us exposed down his side.
But I think Russell Martin encourages both full backs to drift into central positions.
I personally don't get it but what do I know.
But Manning definitely has improved in recent weeks, I think it's because of his partnership with the other Ryan (Fraser).
We need partnerships all over the park, JB & THB have developed a really good partnership, now I would like to see Che Adams & Adam Armstrong do the same.
Perhaps if David Brookes becomes a regular starter (which he should) him & KWP could work well together.
Manning on 18:56 - Feb 5 with 836 viewsShirtNumbers

Manning on 13:38 - Feb 5 by franniesTache

WE HATE POMPEY
IS THIS A LIBRARY

SCUMMERS SCUMMERS SCUMMERS

DARK FRUITS

COOKING

BANTZ
Manning on 20:32 - Feb 5 with 779 viewsManhattan_Lynx

Manning on 15:20 - Feb 5 by PatfromPoole

It did occur to me that with Bazunu, Manning and Smallbone all being Republic of Ireland internationals, a ditty for the 3 of them could be concocted paying homage to their Irish heritage.

Maybe "What's the craic?" could be the new "Qu'est ce que c'est"......

Not sure how well an Irish-themed song would be received by our fans, mind.

For a respectful homage to our Irish contingent, perhaps we could get the Chapel to do some group Riverdance-esque tap dancing, which could quickly become the English league equivalent to Dortmund's Yellow Wall.

The Itchen North might also sing Sunday Bloody Sunday during Sunday games, which would additionally encapsulate the frustration of TV tinkering with the fixtures.
Manning on 21:49 - Feb 5 with 718 viewsPatfromPoole

Manning on 20:32 - Feb 5 by Manhattan_Lynx

For a respectful homage to our Irish contingent, perhaps we could get the Chapel to do some group Riverdance-esque tap dancing, which could quickly become the English league equivalent to Dortmund's Yellow Wall.

The Itchen North might also sing Sunday Bloody Sunday during Sunday games, which would additionally encapsulate the frustration of TV tinkering with the fixtures.

And perhaps a jig to the top Irish combo B*witched’s pop smash “C’est la Vie”.

This could double up as a nod to Supersub Sekou.

Manning on 09:25 - Feb 6 with 621 viewsGRIM

Running down the wing

He's taken some stick from most of us earlier in the season so how about this chant to encourage Ryan Manning.
"We love you Manning
Oh yes we do
We love the way you play
And the things you do.
We love Manning
Oh yes we do
Oh Manning we love you".
Manning on 12:57 - Feb 6 with 575 viewsfranniesTache

Manning on 09:25 - Feb 6 by GRIM

He's taken some stick from most of us earlier in the season so how about this chant to encourage Ryan Manning.
"We love you Manning
Oh yes we do
We love the way you play
And the things you do.
We love Manning
Oh yes we do
Oh Manning we love you".

Oh Ryan Manning.
He started off shit but he's adequate now.

Or

Ryan Manning
He's useful sometimes
Manning on 13:20 - Feb 6 with 549 viewsPatfromPoole

To the tune of the Flintstones

Ryan, Ryan Manning
Used to play like Lee Todd

Plays now like a demon
Now we all know he’s a God

There you go. No mention of Skates or libraries.

I thank you.

Manning on 13:27 - Feb 6 with 538 viewsfranniesTache

Manning on 13:20 - Feb 6 by PatfromPoole

To the tune of the Flintstones

Ryan, Ryan Manning
Used to play like Lee Todd

Plays now like a demon
Now we all know he’s a God

There you go. No mention of Skates or libraries.

I thank you.

I think this can be improved to:

Manning, Ryan Manning
Used to be Pat's enemy

Now he's, found his level
He's become satisfactory

WE HATE POMPEY WE HATE POMPEY
Manning on 13:33 - Feb 6 with 532 viewsPatfromPoole

Manning on 13:27 - Feb 6 by franniesTache

I think this can be improved to:

Manning, Ryan Manning
Used to be Pat's enemy

Now he's, found his level
He's become satisfactory

WE HATE POMPEY WE HATE POMPEY

Is this the first recorded use of the word “satisfactory” in a football chant?

You’re a pioneer, mush.

Manning on 13:41 - Feb 6 with 526 viewsfranniesTache

Manning on 13:33 - Feb 6 by PatfromPoole

Is this the first recorded use of the word “satisfactory” in a football chant?

You’re a pioneer, mush.

realistic football songs are the way forward i reckon, we could rework classics like

And it's all Southampton
All Southampton FC

We're a middling sized provincial team
and less successful than we should've been

or maybe

We all follow southampton
To away games depending on our ability to qualify for tickets

Possibly even

When i was just a little boy i asked my mother what should i be
a charted accounted is a good career that will give you stability she replied
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024