Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And the new manager of Charlton is? 15:46 - Feb 4 with 2047 viewshedgeend61

He's back

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68178900
And the new manager of Charlton is? on 16:14 - Feb 4 with 1973 viewsInTimeAddedOn

My sincere condolences go out to all Charlton Athletic fans everywhere
And the new manager of Charlton is? on 16:48 - Feb 4 with 1910 viewsTimSaint

If he lasts til the summer, maybe they'll buy Onuachu from us !! :-)

TimSaint

And the new manager of Charlton is? on 16:54 - Feb 4 with 1888 viewshedgeend61

And the new manager of Charlton is? on 16:14 - Feb 4 by InTimeAddedOn

My sincere condolences go out to all Charlton Athletic fans everywhere

Seemed pleased

https://intothevalley.proboards.com/thread/27921/nathan-appointed-charlton-athle
And the new manager of Charlton is? on 17:10 - Feb 4 with 1847 viewsRon11

They who appointed him claim he's 'tactically savvy'.
Lord help them...oh wait he's with Nathan...
And the new manager of Charlton is? on 17:42 - Feb 4 with 1808 viewsInTimeAddedOn

And the new manager of Charlton is? on 17:10 - Feb 4 by Ron11

They who appointed him claim he's 'tactically savvy'.
Lord help them...oh wait he's with Nathan...

Through my spell checker that comes out as tactically saveloy, and we all know how much cr@p there is in one of those!
Can’t wait for the post-match press conferences, Pep G must be quaking in his boots
And the new manager of Charlton is? on 17:47 - Feb 4 with 1800 viewsInTimeAddedOn

And the new manager of Charlton is? on 16:48 - Feb 4 by TimSaint

If he lasts til the summer, maybe they'll buy Onuachu from us !! :-)

Any other out on loan players you can think of that we don’t want back we can palm off on them??
And the new manager of Charlton is? on 18:21 - Feb 4 with 1763 viewsLondonSaint76

And the new manager of Charlton is? on 16:54 - Feb 4 by hedgeend61

Seemed pleased

https://intothevalley.proboards.com/thread/27921/nathan-appointed-charlton-athle

Will the honeymoon period with the CAFC fans just be the first 45 mins or will it last the full 90??

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

And the new manager of Charlton is? on 19:33 - Feb 4 with 1692 viewsSouthamptonfan

He was terrible for us, but appointing an inexperienced manager under that extreme pressure in the PL was too much for him and all on our board and owners for appointing him. It brought out the worst in Nathan Jones but let's not forget he did well with Luton before that. At Charlton there won't be any pressure, so will be interested to see how they do.
[Post edited 4 Feb 19:34]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Login to get fewer ads

And the new manager of Charlton is? on 19:53 - Feb 4 with 1658 viewsLondonSaint76

And the new manager of Charlton is? on 19:33 - Feb 4 by Southamptonfan

He was terrible for us, but appointing an inexperienced manager under that extreme pressure in the PL was too much for him and all on our board and owners for appointing him. It brought out the worst in Nathan Jones but let's not forget he did well with Luton before that. At Charlton there won't be any pressure, so will be interested to see how they do.

Fair comment, as you rightly say, he won’t be under the same pressure. Still cannot understand what possessed us to take him on, but as Nick will remind us, all water under the Itchen bridge now and the people who made those decisions to a large extent have been moved on.
Rasmus has been quite quiet lately now I think about it….

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

And the new manager of Charlton is? on 20:28 - Feb 4 with 1601 viewsericofarabia

....... don't forget his diabolical period at Stoke, which wasn't a high pressure PL position
Ist game up is away to Reading. It was widely reckoned that it was Selles who The Clown was talking about when he had one of his meltdown post match interviews.
The one about outside influences making him stray from his beliefs of how the game should be played. Could be a feisty affair.
Should he last 2 weeks he will then have the pleasure of hosting skatesmuff. I am sure the skates will give a damned good scumming, even though secretly admiring his work, but also the time he quite rightly called their fans classless for booing a Luton player who was being carried off on a stretcher.
Post match interviews will be a hoot
And the new manager of Charlton is? on 21:23 - Feb 4 with 1547 viewssaint22

And the new manager of Charlton is? on 20:28 - Feb 4 by ericofarabia

....... don't forget his diabolical period at Stoke, which wasn't a high pressure PL position
Ist game up is away to Reading. It was widely reckoned that it was Selles who The Clown was talking about when he had one of his meltdown post match interviews.
The one about outside influences making him stray from his beliefs of how the game should be played. Could be a feisty affair.
Should he last 2 weeks he will then have the pleasure of hosting skatesmuff. I am sure the skates will give a damned good scumming, even though secretly admiring his work, but also the time he quite rightly called their fans classless for booing a Luton player who was being carried off on a stretcher.
Post match interviews will be a hoot

I cannot abide the taffy gimp
He is another one of these data driven managers who as of yet have done F all
Look how well most teams have done once he left
And the new manager of Charlton is? on 00:24 - Feb 5 with 1466 viewsfelly1

Hope they beat Pompey if they haven't already played them twice yet?
Good luck to the guy.
And the new manager of Charlton is? on 06:21 - Feb 5 with 1404 viewsJellybaby

Hopefully a good fit for him. Ruben Selles was worse if anything and the Reading fans like him. The Saints job last season was a poisoned chalice, not sure anyone could have saved us, so good luck to him.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

And the new manager of Charlton is? on 08:01 - Feb 5 with 1341 viewssaintmark1976

Spot on Southamptonfan.

How many of those giving him stick now have never been in a situation where everything was too much for them ?

Toward the end I thought he was on the edge of a nervous breakdown.

The fella gave it his best and came up short, There is no disgrace in that.
And the new manager of Charlton is? on 17:15 - Feb 5 with 1139 viewsUTS1885

Off the payroll at last.
And the new manager of Charlton is? on 12:26 - Feb 6 with 971 viewsChesham_Saint

I agree with that and have nothing against Charlton, so good luck to him. He was just an appalling appointment for us, completely wrong.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

And the new manager of Charlton is? on 12:33 - Feb 6 with 958 viewsgrumpy

And the new manager of Charlton is? on 12:26 - Feb 6 by Chesham_Saint

I agree with that and have nothing against Charlton, so good luck to him. He was just an appalling appointment for us, completely wrong.

Yes! it wasn't fair on him,wrong man at the worst possible time.
And the new manager of Charlton is? on 18:07 - Feb 10 with 771 viewsInTimeAddedOn

With all the excitement at SMS this afternoon I have only just given this game as much as a passing thought

Result
Reading 2 Charlton 0
Charlton 45% possession / 1 shot on target
[Post edited 10 Feb 18:11]
And the new manager of Charlton is? on 18:49 - Feb 10 with 711 viewsgrumpy

And the new manager of Charlton is? on 18:07 - Feb 10 by InTimeAddedOn

With all the excitement at SMS this afternoon I have only just given this game as much as a passing thought

Result
Reading 2 Charlton 0
Charlton 45% possession / 1 shot on target
[Post edited 10 Feb 18:11]

2 ex Saints Managers from last seasons debacle.
And the new manager of Charlton is? on 20:10 - Feb 10 with 620 viewsdirk_doone

And the new manager of Charlton is? on 18:49 - Feb 10 by grumpy

2 ex Saints Managers from last seasons debacle.

You wonder how they keep getting jobs but I guess any manager who's managed a Premier League team, even a losing one, seems attractive to struggling lower league clubs.
[Post edited 10 Feb 21:00]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024