Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown 09:45 - Oct 16 with 1356 viewsSaintsNews

Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown 16th Oct 2020 09:43
On Thursday evening Saints hosted an online focus group meeting to discuss ongoing plans to get supporters back into the stadium and ongoing ticket issues, Saints CEO Martin Semmens along with other board members joined the meeting and spelled out the current situation in black & White 4

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 09:57 - Oct 16 with 1137 viewsPoirot

add on the £60m we owe on players.

Far too many people think the premier league is rolling in money.

The fact is it goes into the players pockets.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 10:13]
Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 10:03 - Oct 16 with 1136 viewsJaySaint

they are a multi million pound business, pay staff millions per year.

I owe them nothing

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 10:11 - Oct 16 with 1129 viewsSaintNick

Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 10:03 - Oct 16 by JaySaint

they are a multi million pound business, pay staff millions per year.

I owe them nothing

Then why bother with them then ? you are saying that you are content to see them go out of business due to no fault of their own.

Tell me why you feel that you owe them nothing I am truly interested to hear

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 10:26 - Oct 16 with 1099 viewsSalisburySaint

Good assessment of meeting/ focus group Nick, and picks up most things I’ve passed onto others including London Saints Group

Was good to see how open they were and gave a lot of commercially sensitive information they didn’t need to, and didn’t shy away from any questions as Politicians would
Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 10:29 - Oct 16 with 1099 viewsJaySaint

Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 10:11 - Oct 16 by SaintNick

Then why bother with them then ? you are saying that you are content to see them go out of business due to no fault of their own.

Tell me why you feel that you owe them nothing I am truly interested to hear

Why bother? I am a Saints fan.

If I have money to give away, a multi million pound business that just signed new players and paying them millions, is waaaay down the list of recipients for me.

I never bought the tat in the club shop before, I certainly am not doing it now.

A premier league club will not go out of business, whilst they have Sky TV money. If they do, there are more serious issues that have not been addressed, that would need more than a few fans buying an xmas mug

Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 10:55 - Oct 16 with 1074 viewssaints__fan__73

Nick's heart is in the right place and his views probably did ring true in the 1980s but now he's just the sort of mug punter the likes of Chairman Gao and Fat Kat love.

The thought of asking the fans to buy a load of Saints tat that they don't need in order prop up the ownership of a couple of multi-millionaires who recently spunked £30m+ on Carrillo plus about another £100m on other assorted donkeys is just ludicrous.

So what if the holding company that owns us does go bust? I've no issue with a new company coming in and taking over, even if that means we are in the lower leagues. I enjoyed our time in L1 far more than our return to the PL in any case.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 11:18 - Oct 16 with 1045 viewsJaySaint

our owner (and staff) are significantly richer than me.....said in my best harry enfield voice

Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 12:11 - Oct 16 with 1002 viewsSaintNick

Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 10:29 - Oct 16 by JaySaint

Why bother? I am a Saints fan.

If I have money to give away, a multi million pound business that just signed new players and paying them millions, is waaaay down the list of recipients for me.

I never bought the tat in the club shop before, I certainly am not doing it now.

A premier league club will not go out of business, whilst they have Sky TV money. If they do, there are more serious issues that have not been addressed, that would need more than a few fans buying an xmas mug

You are entitled to your viewpoint which is I am happy to sit back and do nothing.

You are right a Premier League club has never gone out of business, but then again none of us had ever been in a World pandemic and lockdown 8 months ago either so there is a first for everything.

Your comment "Whilst they have the Sky money" is pertinent, because they lost a big chunk out of that at the end of last season and also have to repay more

Football is at real crisis point, it doesnt matter whether you are in the Premier League or League two, your costs are all relative and are reliant on certain things being budgeted for , that can be an average home gate of 2,500 or Sky tv money for multi millions, if a form of income is suddenly not there you are in trouble.

You are right there are more serious issues and they will be addressed, but ultimately without the support of the fans clubs will go out of business, will Sky survive possibly not if those countries who have stopped paying for the rights to their games dont restart.

It is a pack of cards at the moment and it could all collapse, it might well all come down to the Xmas market propping us up

Login to get fewer ads

Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 12:20 - Oct 16 with 994 viewsSaintNick

Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 10:55 - Oct 16 by saints__fan__73

Nick's heart is in the right place and his views probably did ring true in the 1980s but now he's just the sort of mug punter the likes of Chairman Gao and Fat Kat love.

The thought of asking the fans to buy a load of Saints tat that they don't need in order prop up the ownership of a couple of multi-millionaires who recently spunked £30m+ on Carrillo plus about another £100m on other assorted donkeys is just ludicrous.

So what if the holding company that owns us does go bust? I've no issue with a new company coming in and taking over, even if that means we are in the lower leagues. I enjoyed our time in L1 far more than our return to the PL in any case.

Thank you for your informative viewpoint as ever. It had everything I would have expected and more.

1980's ✓
inflated figures to prove point ✓
Assorted donkeys ✓
Enjoyment in lower leagues ✓
Mug Punter or similar phrase ✓
Attempted condescending tone ✓
Derogatory comical name for club owner(s) ✓
Lack of understanding for actual topic ✓

I don't think I have missed anything other than that smug feeling you get when someone talks about a subject they know nothing about, which of course I am too polite to have.

Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 12:44 - Oct 16 with 975 viewsJaySaint

Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 12:11 - Oct 16 by SaintNick

You are entitled to your viewpoint which is I am happy to sit back and do nothing.

You are right a Premier League club has never gone out of business, but then again none of us had ever been in a World pandemic and lockdown 8 months ago either so there is a first for everything.

Your comment "Whilst they have the Sky money" is pertinent, because they lost a big chunk out of that at the end of last season and also have to repay more

Football is at real crisis point, it doesnt matter whether you are in the Premier League or League two, your costs are all relative and are reliant on certain things being budgeted for , that can be an average home gate of 2,500 or Sky tv money for multi millions, if a form of income is suddenly not there you are in trouble.

You are right there are more serious issues and they will be addressed, but ultimately without the support of the fans clubs will go out of business, will Sky survive possibly not if those countries who have stopped paying for the rights to their games dont restart.

It is a pack of cards at the moment and it could all collapse, it might well all come down to the Xmas market propping us up

I would expect the staff (players) to dip their hand in their pockets before the fans come anywhere near the conversation.

People applauded our lot for taking a pay deferral...a deferral, not a cut...And I am supposed to be grateful for that (whilst having to help save the club)?

The last thing I will be doing, is thanking Jack Stephens or Shane Long for putting off receiving £250k each for a couple of months.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 13:16]

Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 13:14 - Oct 16 with 939 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

This is the utter joke here ...

"including loss of TV revenue and having to pay back Sky for last season"

F**k Sky. Paying them back? W*nkers.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 13:18 - Oct 16 with 926 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Also, I'm sure more people would buy tat from the club shop, but it's worse than ever. The casual SFC gear is utterly utterly dreadful.

In the past I've bought a couple of polo shirts with a small SFC on, subtle, but it all looks a bit crap now or shown in such a way that it looks tight-fitting. No thanks, no one wants to see me or any other fan in tight fitting football stuff.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2020 15:24]

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 13:40 - Oct 16 with 896 viewsSaintNick

Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 12:44 - Oct 16 by JaySaint

I would expect the staff (players) to dip their hand in their pockets before the fans come anywhere near the conversation.

People applauded our lot for taking a pay deferral...a deferral, not a cut...And I am supposed to be grateful for that (whilst having to help save the club)?

The last thing I will be doing, is thanking Jack Stephens or Shane Long for putting off receiving £250k each for a couple of months.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 13:16]

Would you expect the staff at Asda to all take a pay cut so they can sell stuff cheaper.

Like it or not the players all signed contracts that we offered (and plenty out there complained when other clubs bought players we were chasing and slated the club for a lack of ambition in not matching what they got elsewhere)

I don't like it either, but the truth is out of any Professional squad only a handful actually care about the clubs they play for.

What it is down to is the fans, there has been a big change this week in football and the fans can step up to the plate, the clubs and authorities have realised that without the fans the game will collapse, that is the case, so if everyone adopts your viewpoint then clubs will go bust.

If the fans step up to the plate and ensure clubs survive then there power has changed within the game, clubs will realise they cannot just charge what they want for things, that they have to listen to the fans.

No one is asking you to thank the players, you can do nothing and they will still get paid and we might not have a football club

You are clearly not happy with football, you can now make a difference to your club, that is you, not Jack Stephens, Shane Long or whoever.

The other option is to put the Big Picture into place

Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 13:55 - Oct 16 with 881 viewsButty101

Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 13:40 - Oct 16 by SaintNick

Would you expect the staff at Asda to all take a pay cut so they can sell stuff cheaper.

Like it or not the players all signed contracts that we offered (and plenty out there complained when other clubs bought players we were chasing and slated the club for a lack of ambition in not matching what they got elsewhere)

I don't like it either, but the truth is out of any Professional squad only a handful actually care about the clubs they play for.

What it is down to is the fans, there has been a big change this week in football and the fans can step up to the plate, the clubs and authorities have realised that without the fans the game will collapse, that is the case, so if everyone adopts your viewpoint then clubs will go bust.

If the fans step up to the plate and ensure clubs survive then there power has changed within the game, clubs will realise they cannot just charge what they want for things, that they have to listen to the fans.

No one is asking you to thank the players, you can do nothing and they will still get paid and we might not have a football club

You are clearly not happy with football, you can now make a difference to your club, that is you, not Jack Stephens, Shane Long or whoever.

This i dont agree with
"If the fans step up to the plate and ensure clubs survive then there power has changed within the game, clubs will realise they cannot just charge what they want for things, that they have to listen to the fans."

More like if the fans step up now, then clubs will know that they can take the piss even more!

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 14:23 - Oct 16 with 855 viewsSaintNick

Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 13:55 - Oct 16 by Butty101

This i dont agree with
"If the fans step up to the plate and ensure clubs survive then there power has changed within the game, clubs will realise they cannot just charge what they want for things, that they have to listen to the fans."

More like if the fans step up now, then clubs will know that they can take the piss even more!

You are not looking at the bigger picture (with all pun intended)

The big clubs are realising the power is in the hands of the fans, not the armchair supporters but those who follow their clubs into the stadiums.

Empty stadiums make poor television, the Premier League is about the experience, the competitiveness in that Saints can beat Manchester City sometimes etc, if the fans walk away the Premier league and Sky tv collapses as it will be stuck with players on bloated contracts.

We as fans walk away now and truth is it all collapses like a pack of cards, we ensure our clubs survive and they will never take us for granted again.

Of course there will always be chancers who came into clubs promise us Champions League glory and promise to make big signings, but we have seen through all that now or at least most have.

We have a big chance now to step up, if you think the clubs are just going to take the p*ss then you have no hope for the future, might as well walk away now, what is the point is supporting a club who you do not have faith in playing in a competition that you despise.

We either all stand up and be counted or we sit back and do nothing in which case the money will dry up and clubs and leagues will go bankrupt aside from perhaps Liverpool and Manchester United in a European superleague as they have an army of armchair fans who will buy the shirts and the merchandise and join the members club to make sure they dont go bust.

Yes perhaps Saints will rise from the flames, but do we really want to take the risk.

Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 14:27 - Oct 16 with 849 viewsSaintsforeverj

Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 13:40 - Oct 16 by SaintNick

Nobody would expect Asda workers to take a pay cut. They are probably on minimum wage visiting food banks. Meanwhile PL footballers are are driving around in their 100 000 pound cars. And you want the average worker, like those on minimum wage in Asda to go and spend what little they have, in the shop to keep the club going? Meanwhile the Saints players on 60 grand a week buy another car, just because they won't give a bit back in a national emergency? You want destitute fans (some Iof them are) to spend on the club to keep it going, when the club has just spent 20 million pounds plus on players, some PL clubs have spent over 100 million? Let's sum it up:

Your view: Asda workers, those living on the bread line, those who have lost their business and are now destitute should visit the shop to save the club instead of feeding their kids. I know someone who has just lost their business and is on universal credit, struggling to pay the mortgage. You want him to spend in the shop and be even more destitute, just so that the Saints players can keep their 8 bedroom house? I think you are showing very little understanding of the desperate situation some people are in.

My View: A Saints player or any PL player could go without the Porshe for one month or that illegal party. Yes they have signed contracts but many PL players are millionaires. Because they are so rich and arn't losing their jobs, they should help their industry, not the Asda worker or the person who is about to lose their house. They are entitled to have their contract honoured in normal times, but not in a world crisis. Why should they be immune to any form of helping out? Mnay fans are losing their businesses. Players can afford to help, most people can't.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 14:35]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 14:43 - Oct 16 with 801 views1ASIN12

I showed my commitment to the club by paying £660 for my season ticket knowing full well it was only a50/50 chance I’d see any games this season . Yes I have money back that I’ll use to pay for next seasons season ticket .

personally I will not be buying anything in the club shop the £ 10 will go towards the £2500 I’ve lost allready this year due to Covid . That £2500 is a lot more to me then it would be to the likes of josh sims for example if the reported £936,000 a year he was on is true .

We keep getting told ticket money is only a very small part of turnover keep getting told £20 is plenty etc now it’s pay £15 to watch on tv and £10 a month on bits from the club shop .etc

How about the players take a pay cut ? You say asda staff wouldn’t well they are essential workers for a start and get paid less in a year then an average premier player does in a week.

Plenty of people (saints fans included) have lost money either through furlough, wage cuts or even for some their jobs .

They’ve had plenty out of me in the past and will get plenty out of me in the future when’s fans are allowed back.

Did anyone ask why the club did not take advantage of the various government business loans that are available for the exact reason in your article ( money lost due to Covid ) ?

Have the club laid off any staff members ? I presume they’ve laid off all their temporary staff
Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 14:55 - Oct 16 with 790 viewsSaintNick

Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 14:43 - Oct 16 by 1ASIN12

I showed my commitment to the club by paying £660 for my season ticket knowing full well it was only a50/50 chance I’d see any games this season . Yes I have money back that I’ll use to pay for next seasons season ticket .

personally I will not be buying anything in the club shop the £ 10 will go towards the £2500 I’ve lost allready this year due to Covid . That £2500 is a lot more to me then it would be to the likes of josh sims for example if the reported £936,000 a year he was on is true .

We keep getting told ticket money is only a very small part of turnover keep getting told £20 is plenty etc now it’s pay £15 to watch on tv and £10 a month on bits from the club shop .etc

How about the players take a pay cut ? You say asda staff wouldn’t well they are essential workers for a start and get paid less in a year then an average premier player does in a week.

Plenty of people (saints fans included) have lost money either through furlough, wage cuts or even for some their jobs .

They’ve had plenty out of me in the past and will get plenty out of me in the future when’s fans are allowed back.

Did anyone ask why the club did not take advantage of the various government business loans that are available for the exact reason in your article ( money lost due to Covid ) ?

Have the club laid off any staff members ? I presume they’ve laid off all their temporary staff

You make some valid points, some people yourself included have suffered financial hardship in this pandemic, like everything we can only do what we can do in life without impacting on our families.

Everything else is personal choice, what this week has proved is the income from the fans might be small in terms of the overall Premier League money, but it is the difference between prospering and surviving and therefore the most vital bit.

What we need to all do is to stop talking about whether the players should take a pay cut or whether sky should cut the cost of ppv, the fact is it is what it is, we have to look at whether Southampton FC is relevant in our own lives and start to talk about how we can make sure football and our club can survive.

Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 15:27 - Oct 16 with 755 viewssaints__fan__73

Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 12:20 - Oct 16 by SaintNick

Thank you for your informative viewpoint as ever. It had everything I would have expected and more.

1980's ✓
inflated figures to prove point ✓
Assorted donkeys ✓
Enjoyment in lower leagues ✓
Mug Punter or similar phrase ✓
Attempted condescending tone ✓
Derogatory comical name for club owner(s) ✓
Lack of understanding for actual topic ✓

I don't think I have missed anything other than that smug feeling you get when someone talks about a subject they know nothing about, which of course I am too polite to have.

As always your lack of knowledge of football finance staggers me given it's, allegedly, the business you work in.

Buying Saints shit from the club will have as little effect on the future of the club as did the actions of those utter morons who put money into buckets when the club was in admin.

Anyway, let's talk of happier things - have you got a delivery date yet for your Saints duvet and pillow set?
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 15:28]

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 15:33 - Oct 16 with 745 viewsSaintsforeverj

Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 14:55 - Oct 16 by SaintNick

You make some valid points, some people yourself included have suffered financial hardship in this pandemic, like everything we can only do what we can do in life without impacting on our families.

Everything else is personal choice, what this week has proved is the income from the fans might be small in terms of the overall Premier League money, but it is the difference between prospering and surviving and therefore the most vital bit.

What we need to all do is to stop talking about whether the players should take a pay cut or whether sky should cut the cost of ppv, the fact is it is what it is, we have to look at whether Southampton FC is relevant in our own lives and start to talk about how we can make sure football and our club can survive.

What we need to do is realise that many people (fans) are losing their jobs and livelihoods. They can't spend in the shop to save SFC, at the expense of paying the mortgage or feeding the kids, during a time when a severe recession is on the way, with record levels of unemployment. So unemployed people need to talk about "how to save football", whilst millionaire players do nothing to help? Rediculous.

Quite the opposite, we don't need to stop to talking about players taking a pay cut, we need to pressurise the millionaire non essential workers to take a pay cut in a national emergency to save football. Fans losing their jobs can't help can they? Bite the bullet, say it how it is - Greedy, selfish players (along with greedy clubs, spending millions on players) refusing to help. They want the fan that can't feed their kids to do it and you seem to agree that the destitute fan should help and not the millionaire non essential worker player who needs a new pair of gold headphones.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 15:39]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 15:50 - Oct 16 with 725 viewsTripleNiemi

Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 13:18 - Oct 16 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Also, I'm sure more people would buy tat from the club shop, but it's worse than ever. The casual SFC gear is utterly utterly dreadful.

In the past I've bought a couple of polo shirts with a small SFC on, subtle, but it all looks a bit crap now or shown in such a way that it looks tight-fitting. No thanks, no one wants to see me or any other fan in tight fitting football stuff.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2020 15:24]

This.

I must admit that even after the club emailed me to reinforce that i had a £35 voucher to spend (24 hours before it expired) i took a look at the website and decided that the club could keep my voucher as the stuff on sale was basically tat.

I can now safely say i have done my bit for the environment (reducing landfill) and giving the club that little extra (£35). As Tesco's say.......every little helps.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 17:31 - Oct 16 with 647 viewsButty101

Nic I think you are some what detached from reality. Your Asda example is ridiculous.

The best thing that can happen to football is a lot of clubs going bust. It needs a massive reset. Josh sims getting paid 1million a year is mental. Prem clubs spending over a billion then putting out Begging bowls can do one.

If saints need money the owner should step up

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 09:57 - Oct 17 with 478 viewscynicalsaint

Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 17:31 - Oct 16 by Butty101

Nic I think you are some what detached from reality. Your Asda example is ridiculous.

The best thing that can happen to football is a lot of clubs going bust. It needs a massive reset. Josh sims getting paid 1million a year is mental. Prem clubs spending over a billion then putting out Begging bowls can do one.

If saints need money the owner should step up

Quite - if Asda is in trouble then they improve the product, reduce costs, their shareholders invest or they fold.

They don't stand in the car park rattling buckets asking their customers for a handout.

Yes SFC (any other football club) aren't Asda - you can't just walk down the road and switch your allegiance to Aldi, Lidl etc.

Owners know that and that's what they play on.

Big Picture just shows where we are headed.

If you honestly believe that fans will be demoted back to being anything more than 'paying customers' once we are on the other side of this then good luck to you but enough with the pity story / guilt tripping.

Oh, and I've got some magic beans for sale if you're interested...
Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 10:03 - Oct 17 with 470 viewsInsideOut

If Saints want supporters to hand over cash to the club then they should just issue shares in the club. Isn't that the usual way of raising capital ?

Poll: WTF is a little pompey ?

Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 10:51 - Oct 17 with 440 viewskingslandstand1

Saints Reveal Financial Cost To Club Of Lockdown on 14:27 - Oct 16 by Saintsforeverj

Nobody would expect Asda workers to take a pay cut. They are probably on minimum wage visiting food banks. Meanwhile PL footballers are are driving around in their 100 000 pound cars. And you want the average worker, like those on minimum wage in Asda to go and spend what little they have, in the shop to keep the club going? Meanwhile the Saints players on 60 grand a week buy another car, just because they won't give a bit back in a national emergency? You want destitute fans (some Iof them are) to spend on the club to keep it going, when the club has just spent 20 million pounds plus on players, some PL clubs have spent over 100 million? Let's sum it up:

Your view: Asda workers, those living on the bread line, those who have lost their business and are now destitute should visit the shop to save the club instead of feeding their kids. I know someone who has just lost their business and is on universal credit, struggling to pay the mortgage. You want him to spend in the shop and be even more destitute, just so that the Saints players can keep their 8 bedroom house? I think you are showing very little understanding of the desperate situation some people are in.

My View: A Saints player or any PL player could go without the Porshe for one month or that illegal party. Yes they have signed contracts but many PL players are millionaires. Because they are so rich and arn't losing their jobs, they should help their industry, not the Asda worker or the person who is about to lose their house. They are entitled to have their contract honoured in normal times, but not in a world crisis. Why should they be immune to any form of helping out? Mnay fans are losing their businesses. Players can afford to help, most people can't.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 14:35]

This. My company put us all on furlough for a couple of months to help the company save money in times of trouble. The highest earners, the directors, all took a 50% pay cut of not a lot more than I earn during that time to help the company but carried on working doubly hard

If a player on say 50k a week cannot afford to take a 10% pay CUT not deferal, to help his company to continue then he needs to seriously look at his conscience

I've recently spent a couple of bob in the shop for something I wanted, not out of a desperate need to save the club as that 50% profit they made will not save them if things are that bad
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024