Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How Do You Feel About The New Owners 12:48 - Jan 5 with 1274 viewsSaintNick

How Do You Feel About The New Owners

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

How Do You Feel About The New Owners on 17:40 - Jan 5 with 1130 viewsCapt_Koons

Everyone I've spoken to is cautiously optimistic. I'm not expecting any big signings in Jan or even in the summer.

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

How Do You Feel About The New Owners on 18:46 - Jan 5 with 1089 viewsSadoldgit

It’s been a long time coming but the news is very welcome. It’s been far from ideal having an owner who wanted out for so long but they sound like they are in it for the long haul and hopefully we shall now see some solid consolidation followed by some sustained growth.
How Do You Feel About The New Owners on 18:47 - Jan 5 with 1087 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

I think he sounds great. I am being serious here.

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

How Do You Feel About The New Owners on 18:58 - Jan 5 with 1081 viewsSaintsforeverj

Sounds good to me. You can never be sure, but I think being part of "a chain" of football clubs will be great for loaning players, developing players and making money. I'm not expecting millions to be spent on the team, but hopeful that there will be investment in developing young players, perhaps keeping players like Broja et el.

Just on a trivial note, they have already installed the new screens at St Mary's, so hopeful we will become a modern club, with modern stadium and money to spend on the team where needed. And, they might start answering the phones at the ticket office.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2022 19:01]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

How Do You Feel About The New Owners on 21:54 - Jan 5 with 929 viewsBerber

No new owner is going to say anything but that they want to invest in success. Not a single one would say they hope to increase the value and realise a whacking great profit by selling all or part of the shareholding. That is what nearly all of them hope for though.

I don't expect anything to change. The club is finely balanced between profit and loss on operations, there will never be any big investments until that changes. Speculating in the hope of better success and more profit is not really possible given how big the salaries bill has become. With more and more players seeing out their contracts so they can negotiate bigger salaries at their new club, the chance for windfall profits continues to shrink.

Just saying, like.
How Do You Feel About The New Owners on 22:41 - Jan 5 with 892 views1teeminants

Those that are expecting big money signings are going to be very dissapointed. Those of us that live in the real world have understood what Martin Semmens has clearly said and that we will continue what we’ve been doing , concentrating on buying young talent from the big boys who want a quicker route to first team football but now we can just buy more of them. Broja and Livramento have been excellent buys/ loans so far. I’m happy with the buy out.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

How Do You Feel About The New Owners on 23:33 - Jan 5 with 863 viewsMattFinish

How Do You Feel About The New Owners on 18:47 - Jan 5 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Yeah we all know what you voted OCD boy
How Do You Feel About The New Owners on 10:28 - Jan 6 with 685 viewssaint68

How Do You Feel About The New Owners on 21:54 - Jan 5 by Berber

No new owner is going to say anything but that they want to invest in success. Not a single one would say they hope to increase the value and realise a whacking great profit by selling all or part of the shareholding. That is what nearly all of them hope for though.

I don't expect anything to change. The club is finely balanced between profit and loss on operations, there will never be any big investments until that changes. Speculating in the hope of better success and more profit is not really possible given how big the salaries bill has become. With more and more players seeing out their contracts so they can negotiate bigger salaries at their new club, the chance for windfall profits continues to shrink.

Just saying, like.

I like that they are genuinely interested in on pitch performances and development through multi academy link ups..far better than the decline and debt accumulation we've been trapped in under Gao.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Login to get fewer ads

How Do You Feel About The New Owners on 10:33 - Jan 6 with 677 viewssaint68

How Do You Feel About The New Owners on 18:47 - Jan 5 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Oddly enough 130 I thought the very same when you lot got Walt Disney man in, I'm not exactly sure what he's really done to benefit your club though if honest..he's been there quite a while now ..and you're still where you were when he bought you..I'm hoping our new owners don't mirror yours.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

How Do You Feel About The New Owners on 11:15 - Jan 6 with 637 viewssaint901

I've not seen any detailed plan for how the new owner may see Saints fitting into a broader strategy and therefore it's hard to say whether his plans will be good or bad.

As a business model for investment and return, football clubs make no sense at all.

The very richest clubs are reflections of a nation's or a very rich (but very insecure) owner's wish to be seen as "good" (however you define that).

There are clubs in the lower reaches of the professional game without reputation (but perhaps potential) which would require literally billions to make them into a commercial proposition.

The money to be made is where we are. Mid to lower table Prem League clubs who can attract TV revenues worldwide (esp when we play a "name") and bring in players who can then be sold on for a huge profit. The TV money should be enough to prevent huge losses and the investment gamble is then on whether we can buy low and sell high.

If the new owner is planning on establishing a number of clubs linked by his ownership whereby we spot and have first dibs on exciting new players then it's good for us and him.

Care needs to be taken not to bring in a player who the owner wants to play and be put in the shop window but the manager thinks is not good enough or outside his plan.

By the end of next season we will hopefully have some idea as to his intentions and plans.
How Do You Feel About The New Owners on 11:26 - Jan 6 with 628 viewsPaleRider

How Do You Feel About The New Owners on 11:15 - Jan 6 by saint901

I've not seen any detailed plan for how the new owner may see Saints fitting into a broader strategy and therefore it's hard to say whether his plans will be good or bad.

As a business model for investment and return, football clubs make no sense at all.

The very richest clubs are reflections of a nation's or a very rich (but very insecure) owner's wish to be seen as "good" (however you define that).

There are clubs in the lower reaches of the professional game without reputation (but perhaps potential) which would require literally billions to make them into a commercial proposition.

The money to be made is where we are. Mid to lower table Prem League clubs who can attract TV revenues worldwide (esp when we play a "name") and bring in players who can then be sold on for a huge profit. The TV money should be enough to prevent huge losses and the investment gamble is then on whether we can buy low and sell high.

If the new owner is planning on establishing a number of clubs linked by his ownership whereby we spot and have first dibs on exciting new players then it's good for us and him.

Care needs to be taken not to bring in a player who the owner wants to play and be put in the shop window but the manager thinks is not good enough or outside his plan.

By the end of next season we will hopefully have some idea as to his intentions and plans.

Good post, 901. I'm cautiously optimistic because some of these guys have been around football with a degree of success and because the Red Bull model has been successful in Austria & Germany. A club I think is well run is Brighton and Tony Bloom also owns a Belgian club who are on the up. If it works, it could be a model for other clubs - particularly those not owned by the mega, mega rich.

However, the jury will be out - probably until the end of the 2022/23 season at the earliest. Staying in the PL without worrying about relegation would be a good start!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024