Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Third Wave? 12:19 - Apr 13 with 3511 viewsSadoldgit

The scientist seem to be saying that we will avoid a third wave of the pandemic, let’s hope so. Unfortunately I am not so sure given the behaviour in the local last night. People started off on their tables of 6 but after a few drinks there was plenty if mixing between tables and social distancing went out of the window. Many of the patrons looked too young to have had the jab yet and they were the worst offenders. Hopefully being outside will have helped but it will be interesting to an eye on the infection rates on the next few weeks.
The prices in our local have also increased sharply since the latest lockdown. We have a cheap and not so cheerful Merlot which has gone from £15 to £20. I know they have had a rough time of it, but if they want to encourage their regulars back regularly, this is not the way to go
Third Wave? on 12:34 - Apr 13 with 2251 views1885_SFC

Q: What has 800 legs and 9 teeth?

A: The queue outside Portsmouth Primark yesterday...

Old School is Cool

Third Wave? on 13:15 - Apr 13 with 2227 viewsSadoldgit

Third Wave? on 12:34 - Apr 13 by 1885_SFC

😂
I was amazed to see a young lady on the news last night saying that she was looking forward to her visit to Primark yesterday morning. Thinking back to a quote about the Duke of Kent, “a life well lived”, I wonder if an immediate post lockdown trip to Primark would have been on his bucket list?
Third Wave? on 13:50 - Apr 13 with 2190 viewsBicester_North

Third Wave? on 13:15 - Apr 13 by Sadoldgit

😂
I was amazed to see a young lady on the news last night saying that she was looking forward to her visit to Primark yesterday morning. Thinking back to a quote about the Duke of Kent, “a life well lived”, I wonder if an immediate post lockdown trip to Primark would have been on his bucket list?

Has the Duke of Kent died now as well?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Third Wave? on 14:11 - Apr 13 with 2179 viewssaint22

Third Wave? on 12:34 - Apr 13 by 1885_SFC

Walked passed one in town today, amazing that so many people couldn't wait to buy cheap bad clothing made in sweatshops in Asia, that and cheap lager seems to be all people missed
Third Wave? on 15:35 - Apr 13 with 2134 viewsSaintsforeverj

It's mostly a certain sector of young people, who are very immature (self consumed, irresponsible and selfish), as we have seen over the last few days once again. But with so many people vaccinated, especially 99% of those likely to die or be very ill, we shouldn't see any problems for the NHS. Infections will probably rise, but probably only temporarily.

During the summer last year, the infection levels were very low, and that was when nobody was vaccinated, plus they were all mixing. So the summer months should see low infections anyway, when it's warm and nobody is mixing too much inside. We shall see, but the warm weather should be here soon, we can all open windows etc etc, so I can't see a third wave.

The only slight concern for me is when we all start travelling again and possibly bring back a nasty variant. But again, I assume the scientists will be keeping an eye and updating vaccines, ready for winter.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 15:36]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Third Wave? on 15:37 - Apr 13 with 2118 viewssaintwizzler

Third Wave? on 14:11 - Apr 13 by saint22

Walked passed one in town today, amazing that so many people couldn't wait to buy cheap bad clothing made in sweatshops in Asia, that and cheap lager seems to be all people missed

You don’t get cheap lager in pubs, sunshine.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Third Wave? on 15:51 - Apr 13 with 2107 viewsMytchettSaint

Third Wave? on 15:35 - Apr 13 by Saintsforeverj

It's mostly a certain sector of young people, who are very immature (self consumed, irresponsible and selfish), as we have seen over the last few days once again. But with so many people vaccinated, especially 99% of those likely to die or be very ill, we shouldn't see any problems for the NHS. Infections will probably rise, but probably only temporarily.

During the summer last year, the infection levels were very low, and that was when nobody was vaccinated, plus they were all mixing. So the summer months should see low infections anyway, when it's warm and nobody is mixing too much inside. We shall see, but the warm weather should be here soon, we can all open windows etc etc, so I can't see a third wave.

The only slight concern for me is when we all start travelling again and possibly bring back a nasty variant. But again, I assume the scientists will be keeping an eye and updating vaccines, ready for winter.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 15:36]

The curve was at the bottom from June until end of September. Pubs and the like opened up beginning of July. I’d argue the infection rate was more down to schools and universities returning and people who “desperately” needed that summer holiday last August/September.

I must be unlucky but a trip to any pub near me last year was like a visit to a police state. “Sit down” or “mask on” to anybody that moved etc. I thought the Stasi had finally found gainful employment after all these years.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Third Wave? on 15:56 - Apr 13 with 2102 viewsSaintsforeverj

Third Wave? on 15:51 - Apr 13 by MytchettSaint

The curve was at the bottom from June until end of September. Pubs and the like opened up beginning of July. I’d argue the infection rate was more down to schools and universities returning and people who “desperately” needed that summer holiday last August/September.

I must be unlucky but a trip to any pub near me last year was like a visit to a police state. “Sit down” or “mask on” to anybody that moved etc. I thought the Stasi had finally found gainful employment after all these years.

We certainly are getting some people enjoying the power, that's for sure. Certain characters loving telling us to sit down etc! The big question too, is will we get back to "normal" from July? Can we go to away games next year, can we sell 32 k tickets. Hope we can back to normal. Otherwise, again I can think of a few over zealous stewards telling us all what to do at St Mary's - "Where you going, sit down, stop singing, put your hand up if you need the toilet, one at a time"

But having said that, pub landlords have said today that they are in a difficult position. They could lose their licence and selfish people are breaking the rules.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 16:25]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Login to get fewer ads

Third Wave? on 16:01 - Apr 13 with 2089 viewssolent_toffee

😂

Whatever floats your boat, be that queueing to get into Primark or desperate to go a a watch a bunch of millionaires kick a football about.

For me it will be to get to the cricket in July, see my family in May, getting my hair cut on Friday and going to the pub as soon as it’s not bloody for freezing.
Third Wave? on 16:05 - Apr 13 with 2082 viewsJaySaint

😂

what a snob

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Third Wave? on 17:27 - Apr 13 with 2025 viewskingslandstand1

Third Wave? on 15:37 - Apr 13 by saintwizzler

Just leftovers from Christmas or whenever they were last opened
Third Wave? on 17:30 - Apr 13 with 2010 viewskingslandstand1

Third Wave? on 16:01 - Apr 13 by solent_toffee

Whatever floats your boat, be that queueing to get into Primark or desperate to go a a watch a bunch of millionaires kick a football about.

For me it will be to get to the cricket in July, see my family in May, getting my hair cut on Friday and going to the pub as soon as it’s not bloody for freezing.

Driving around various parts today. I notice quite a few pubs not yet open but with signs outside saying will be at end of April or early May as, I'm guessing. it just won't be worth it until it does start to get a bit warmer
Third Wave? on 17:37 - Apr 13 with 1996 viewssolent_toffee

Third Wave? on 17:30 - Apr 13 by kingslandstand1

Driving around various parts today. I notice quite a few pubs not yet open but with signs outside saying will be at end of April or early May as, I'm guessing. it just won't be worth it until it does start to get a bit warmer

I think it’s a really difficult one for them. There is still not much of a foot fall in town or out and about for them to buy in beer knowing that they 100 per cent be able to sell it all and not waste it and lose money.

I think a lot of them will wait til the 17th May when they’ll be able to judge if there has been another spike. Although as others have said everything thought there’d be a spike when the schools went back and then at Easter but the numbers are still going down.

We have less than 20 cases per 100,000 people in Eastleigh (the borough, not the town) which is as low as it’s been since last Summer.
Third Wave? on 18:34 - Apr 13 with 1948 viewssaint22

Third Wave? on 15:37 - Apr 13 by saintwizzler

I meant cheap tasting
A certain irony that it was baltic yesterday too
Third Wave? on 20:06 - Apr 13 with 1899 viewsSadoldgit

Third Wave? on 16:05 - Apr 13 by JaySaint

what a snob

Sorry Jay, I didn’t realise that you were queueing yesterday too.
Third Wave? on 20:12 - Apr 13 with 1897 viewsJaySaint

Third Wave? on 20:06 - Apr 13 by Sadoldgit

Sorry Jay, I didn’t realise that you were queueing yesterday too.

Snob

Third Wave? on 06:59 - Apr 14 with 1752 viewssaint22

Third Wave? on 16:05 - Apr 13 by JaySaint

what a snob

Hardly
Just little Britain going back to normal
Third Wave? on 07:13 - Apr 14 with 1744 viewsJaySaint

Third Wave? on 06:59 - Apr 14 by saint22

Hardly
Just little Britain going back to normal

belittling people for going to Primark

Third Wave? on 09:19 - Apr 14 with 1693 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Third Wave? on 07:13 - Apr 14 by JaySaint

belittling people for going to Primark

Rightly so. Cheap throwaway clothing, badly made by underpaid workers in horrible conditions.

People should WANT to pay more for clothing that lasts. The ecological impact of clothing that is so cheap and disposable is huge. Anyone shopping at these places should be taxed on their climate impact.

https://www.ethicalconsumer.org/company-profile/primark

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Third Wave? on 09:42 - Apr 14 with 1669 viewskingslandstand1

Third Wave? on 09:19 - Apr 14 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Rightly so. Cheap throwaway clothing, badly made by underpaid workers in horrible conditions.

People should WANT to pay more for clothing that lasts. The ecological impact of clothing that is so cheap and disposable is huge. Anyone shopping at these places should be taxed on their climate impact.

How true that is. It is cheaper to just throw away once worn a couple of times and keep buying a new tee shirt or whatever from that place and what happens to it then. Even charity shops are now saying please don't bring more stuff in as we've got too much
Third Wave? on 15:10 - Apr 15 with 1493 viewsBerber

Third Wave? on 09:42 - Apr 14 by kingslandstand1

How true that is. It is cheaper to just throw away once worn a couple of times and keep buying a new tee shirt or whatever from that place and what happens to it then. Even charity shops are now saying please don't bring more stuff in as we've got too much

It is a few years ago now, but when my son went to uni, he just threw away his shirts, socks and underwear, and bought new from Primark. Mind, I don't think he changed them every day, and his Lynx bill was probably quite big.
Third Wave? on 17:13 - Apr 16 with 1402 viewsRon11

Third Wave? on 15:10 - Apr 15 by Berber

It is a few years ago now, but when my son went to uni, he just threw away his shirts, socks and underwear, and bought new from Primark. Mind, I don't think he changed them every day, and his Lynx bill was probably quite big.

Yes a Lynx needs at least a kilo of fresh meat every day...or did he travel everywhere by helicopter?
Third Wave? on 17:24 - Apr 16 with 1398 viewskentsouthampton

+1
Third Wave? on 18:08 - Apr 16 with 1381 viewsMattFinish

Spot on. The fashion industry is the second largest polluter of the planet behind the oil industry
Third Wave? on 07:06 - Apr 17 with 1298 viewsJaySaint

The China virus has killed the pub industry (almost)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024