Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Che Adams Linked To Leeds United 08:25 - May 30 with 2251 viewsSaintsNews

Che Adams Linked To Leeds United 30th May 2022 08:24
There have been plenty of news about potential incoming transfers to St Mary's, but so far little news about any real outgoings aside from those out of contract, but this morning comes one out of the blue. 21

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Che Adams Linked To Leeds United on 08:41 - May 30 with 2219 viewsPatfromPoole

He was linked with them in the season they got promoted.

If he leaves, we would just have Adam Armstrong. Who Ralph hardly ever picks.

Fun times ahead.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Che Adams Linked To Leeds United on 08:57 - May 30 with 2193 viewsSaintNick

Che Adams Linked To Leeds United on 08:41 - May 30 by PatfromPoole

He was linked with them in the season they got promoted.

If he leaves, we would just have Adam Armstrong. Who Ralph hardly ever picks.

Fun times ahead.

If I told you Ralph was an Everton fans and hated Liverpool would that change your opinion about him

On another note ill be in touch in the next few days re Leicester

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Che Adams Linked To Leeds United on 09:04 - May 30 with 2179 viewsPatfromPoole

Che Adams Linked To Leeds United on 08:57 - May 30 by SaintNick

If I told you Ralph was an Everton fans and hated Liverpool would that change your opinion about him

On another note ill be in touch in the next few days re Leicester

It wasn’t particularly a criticism of Ralph.

He picked Shane ahead of him quite a bit towards the end of the season, which I think quite a few found odd.

And I’m no big lover of Everton either 😉

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Che Adams Linked To Leeds United on 09:20 - May 30 with 2154 viewsA1079

Waiting for some good positive news to come out of SFC? Wonder how long we have to wait!

Looking for that statement from the owners and CEO which tells you their vision for the summer, for the season ahead and the next 5 years, broad overview of what their plans are in terms of team development and where they see us competing in this league or any other for that matter and having made the sackings at coaching level who they are getting in and what they expect to change!
Che Adams Linked To Leeds United on 12:22 - May 30 with 1985 viewsSadoldgit

No problem with Che Adams leaving as long as we bring in a replacement of better quality.
Che Adams Linked To Leeds United on 12:47 - May 30 with 1960 viewsSaintsforeverj

Adams is ok, but not great. He struggles in most games, misses loads of good chances and struggles to score more than 10 goals. We need a revamp of the squad and better players. Let's see what happens and who they get to replace him.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Che Adams Linked To Leeds United on 13:07 - May 30 with 1944 viewsBerber

Che Adams Linked To Leeds United on 12:22 - May 30 by Sadoldgit

No problem with Che Adams leaving as long as we bring in a replacement of better quality.

This, last season he scored 8 and assisted 3 in 33 appearances. That is making a significant scoring input in every 3 games. It used to be that you couldn’t call yourself a striker if you didn’t SCORE at least 1 in 3. 2 in 3 is not really good enough, and the relative novice Broja showed him up.

These stats are in line with his performance since he came here, 110 appearances, 21 goals and 12 assists. He isn’t really getting better is he?
Che Adams Linked To Leeds United on 17:28 - May 30 with 1810 viewsTripleNiemi

Che Adams Linked To Leeds United on 12:22 - May 30 by Sadoldgit

Is that not why we now find ourselves with a bang average squad (albeit with strength in depth)??
[Post edited 30 May 2022 18:13]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Login to get fewer ads

Che Adams Linked To Leeds United on 18:41 - May 30 with 1724 viewsdirk_doone

Che Adams Linked To Leeds United on 13:07 - May 30 by Berber

This, last season he scored 8 and assisted 3 in 33 appearances. That is making a significant scoring input in every 3 games. It used to be that you couldn’t call yourself a striker if you didn’t SCORE at least 1 in 3. 2 in 3 is not really good enough, and the relative novice Broja showed him up.

These stats are in line with his performance since he came here, 110 appearances, 21 goals and 12 assists. He isn’t really getting better is he?

He scores 1 goal in 5 games and he is our best remaining striker. It was a similar situation with Fraser Forster: not great but he was our best remaining goalkeeper. It's the worst ones that we keep. I guess it's because nobody else wants them. We managed to persuade Bournemouth to take Shane Long on loan but they soon found out he wasn't good enough for them. All other clubs know that McCarthy isn't good enough for them so no lower league club would even take him on loan.
[Post edited 30 May 2022 20:02]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Che Adams Linked To Leeds United on 14:39 - May 31 with 1473 viewssaint901

I'm not sure whether Che is just not good or whether he's being played in a system that doesn't suit him and which he unable or unwilling to adapt to.

For me his game is about his strength and ability to make a yard or two in the box for a shot. Running the channels or chasing a ball over the top or any situation when he has a chance to think about "what's next" are not for him.

He's instinctive and can make poor chances into goals and good chances into misses.

In a high press, his strength is useful but only if he plays on the last defender. When we go to a lone striker, he cannot hold the ball up.

I think his level is Championship. I think AA is also that level. With Broja gone and no evidence of a kid from the youth squad doing great things as a striker, we'd be crazy to let him go without a replacement being ready.

No recognised striker means playing a false 9 and that needs midfield players of quality, high work rate and vision. We don't have enough of those.

By all means let him go but get somebody in first.
Che Adams Linked To Leeds United on 15:47 - May 31 with 1427 viewsdirk_doone

Che Adams Linked To Leeds United on 14:39 - May 31 by saint901

I'm not sure whether Che is just not good or whether he's being played in a system that doesn't suit him and which he unable or unwilling to adapt to.

For me his game is about his strength and ability to make a yard or two in the box for a shot. Running the channels or chasing a ball over the top or any situation when he has a chance to think about "what's next" are not for him.

He's instinctive and can make poor chances into goals and good chances into misses.

In a high press, his strength is useful but only if he plays on the last defender. When we go to a lone striker, he cannot hold the ball up.

I think his level is Championship. I think AA is also that level. With Broja gone and no evidence of a kid from the youth squad doing great things as a striker, we'd be crazy to let him go without a replacement being ready.

No recognised striker means playing a false 9 and that needs midfield players of quality, high work rate and vision. We don't have enough of those.

By all means let him go but get somebody in first.

As we are one of the top PL teams for high crosses and corners, we need a striker who can head the ball. At the moment, we haven't got one. We seem to specialize in recruiting aerially challenged players.That should change under Ankersen.

Che Adams Linked To Leeds United on 17:37 - May 31 with 1350 viewssaint68

His Form has dropped right off since his arrival..had his goalscoring prowess coached out of him.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Che Adams Linked To Leeds United on 19:52 - May 31 with 1284 viewsMrangry25

Che Adams Linked To Leeds United on 17:37 - May 31 by saint68

His Form has dropped right off since his arrival..had his goalscoring prowess coached out of him.

You do have to wonder what they were coached in at Staplewood week in week out,
Che Adams Linked To Leeds United on 06:47 - Jun 1 with 1178 viewsCity_boy

I would like him to stay. I think his form towards end of season was more about how Saints played him and the service he got.

Whenever we played one up front, none of the strikers we played did very well, so I believe his form was more to do with Saints tactical decisions.

We could regret letting him go, if he does leave.
Che Adams Linked To Leeds United on 07:49 - Jun 1 with 1127 viewskingolaf

His finishing is garbage. I will never forget that miss at home to Burnley when he was virtually on the goal line.
Che Adams Linked To Leeds United on 09:05 - Jun 1 with 1066 viewsdirk_doone

Che Adams Linked To Leeds United on 07:49 - Jun 1 by kingolaf

His finishing is garbage. I will never forget that miss at home to Burnley when he was virtually on the goal line.

That may be so but he's still better than our other remaining strikers. Does anyone think that Shane Long or Adam Armstrong's finishing is even as good as his? We could have similar conversations about our remaining goalkeepers and central defenders. Who is the worst of a bad bunch or are they all as bad as each other? They can't even do simple things like head the ball or take throw-ins.

[Post edited 1 Jun 2022 9:13]

Che Adams Linked To Leeds United on 17:32 - Jun 1 with 1000 viewssaint901

There are some managers who seem to coach the talent out of players.

Wenger perhaps one of the worst. Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Chambers all went there and all that promise was (in my view) wasted by Wenger insisting on them playing in boxes.

One of the coaching techniques for young players is to given them a "box" on the pitch and have them operate in that. Anything happening outside that box is another player's problem. It's good as it teaches discipline and positional skills. It's bad for creative players especially as it limits them. Wenger's teams played in boxes.

One of RH's problems - or perhaps a problem caused by his staff - is that he wants players to play in a certain way when they are more naturally inclined to play a different way. Part of the magic of coaching is to find players to play your way or else, you change your tactics to suit them.

Too often last season we had the wrong player in the wrong place and some of that blame has to be at RH's door.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024