Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 Things From Stoke Last Night 10:27 - Oct 4 with 1685 viewsSaintNick

1. The crowd was given as 20k I would estimate it as a bit less than that, possibly 15-16k given the empty seats.

2. Saints support was magnificent there must have been around 1,500 Saints fans up there on a cold night and a 360 mile round trip.

3. Stuart Armstrong's free kick is one that James Ward Prowse could be proud of, perhaps we won't miss him from this perspective.

4. Some of those players who have had some stick are starting to find their feet, still a bit of a way to go but both Bazunu & Manning played well

5. The bet365 stadium is in the middle of an industrial estate and far out of town, it shows that we were lucky that Stoneham fell through and we went to St Mary's

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

5 Things From Stoke Last Night on 11:20 - Oct 4 with 1621 viewsstmichael

Watch the replay Manning was abysmal

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

5 Things From Stoke Last Night on 13:16 - Oct 4 with 1499 viewsPatfromPoole

Just watching some of the game back.

All the Stoke fans did was boo.

Miserable mardy bunch.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

5 Things From Stoke Last Night on 13:30 - Oct 4 with 1473 viewsGRIM

5 Things From Stoke Last Night on 13:16 - Oct 4 by PatfromPoole

Just watching some of the game back.

All the Stoke fans did was boo.

Miserable mardy bunch.

They were booing Will Smallbone because he left them & came back to us.
They forget that he was only on loan to them & he did a really good job for them.
He didn't deserve that sort of treatment & I thought he handled it pretty well.
5 Things From Stoke Last Night on 13:36 - Oct 4 with 1466 viewsericofarabia

1/ Great beer and no hassle about wearing colours in The Glebe near the station.
2/ Excellent and plentiful Shuttle Bus service pre and post match from near the pub. £3 well spent. Not only did I get back in time for train (see below), but had time for a celebratory pint as well.
3/3rd time in a row that I've been pleasantly surprised at how friendly the locals and bar staff have been in the northern hellholes of Sunderland, Mboro and now Stoke.
4/ Great to get an ugly win and clean sheet under our belt, and get rid of southern softy tag at grim northern hellholes.
5/ Big thanks to National Rail who made up for my Northern Rail service being 35 mins late by making the Southampton to Manc train 1hr late and by catching that meant I got to Piccadily on time. Even better no ticket check on train so no extra cost
win win win
5 Things From Stoke Last Night on 15:23 - Oct 4 with 1364 viewsfelly1

The team and manager have hopefully now realised you have to win the battle... Win the duels and defend as a unit before our quality can come to the fore.

On the post game Sky interview Russ admitted that he had got it wrong in previous games and he had tried to get the team to run before they could walk... Good to hear a manager admit they're wrong and see the error.
5 Things From Stoke Last Night on 15:29 - Oct 4 with 1354 viewsarfurdent

5 Things From Stoke Last Night on 13:36 - Oct 4 by ericofarabia

1/ Great beer and no hassle about wearing colours in The Glebe near the station.
2/ Excellent and plentiful Shuttle Bus service pre and post match from near the pub. £3 well spent. Not only did I get back in time for train (see below), but had time for a celebratory pint as well.
3/3rd time in a row that I've been pleasantly surprised at how friendly the locals and bar staff have been in the northern hellholes of Sunderland, Mboro and now Stoke.
4/ Great to get an ugly win and clean sheet under our belt, and get rid of southern softy tag at grim northern hellholes.
5/ Big thanks to National Rail who made up for my Northern Rail service being 35 mins late by making the Southampton to Manc train 1hr late and by catching that meant I got to Piccadily on time. Even better no ticket check on train so no extra cost
win win win

don't forget to claim for delay refund

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

5 Things From Stoke Last Night on 15:48 - Oct 4 with 1328 viewscocklebreath

Point 2 I’m not sure it was cold, maybe a bit chilly and you must have been watching the wrong player as manning was terrible

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

5 Things From Stoke Last Night on 17:12 - Oct 4 with 1233 viewsBerber

I just watched the whole game on recording. Sure, Manning did one or two things competently. But that left flank is seriously deficient until Sulana wakes up.

Most of our possession is still in our half and I nodded off more than once.
Login to get fewer ads

5 Things From Stoke Last Night on 17:56 - Oct 4 with 1203 views1teeminants

Everything you said is pretty spot on Nick apart from Manning, he gave the ball straight to the opposition 5 or 6 times. Good win though.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

5 Things From Stoke Last Night on 22:14 - Oct 4 with 1032 views1885_SFC

From a Stoke point of view. Super Stuey Armstrong's goal in on 9 minutes with a good shot of the travelling Saints fans...

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024