Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrups Sacking Celebratory Thread 21:45 - Feb 4 with 4473 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm sure there are others like me who are thrilled with the fully justified sacking of Saint Laudrup. Feel free to post here along with the other superior and more intelligent supporters who knew this had to happen and let us rejoice together. Our road to survival begins tonight.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Laudrups Sacking Celebratory Thread on 21:49 - Feb 4 with 3390 viewsWhiterockin

Have a poll happy or sad.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Laudrups Sacking Celebratory Thread on 21:50 - Feb 4 with 3372 viewsCatullus

I'm not thrilled. it's not like we won the lottery, we sacked our manager and have an uncertain few months in front of us. I see no cause for celebration.
Unless we get 3 points Saturday anyway!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Laudrups Sacking Celebratory Thread on 21:52 - Feb 4 with 3341 viewsjacksinceever

I can't imagine why you think being without a manager is good.
Laudrups Sacking Celebratory Thread on 21:53 - Feb 4 with 3309 viewsSwansNZ

There are some very strange people around

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Laudrups Sacking Celebratory Thread on 21:54 - Feb 4 with 3278 viewsborinifanclub

The only way is the swansea way ...its never easy but the way is onwards and upwards
COYS

Gary Monk's Black and White Army! lets sing that for 20 mins at a time like we did in toshs day show real support for monk the team and the board!

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

Laudrups Sacking Celebratory Thread on 21:56 - Feb 4 with 3222 viewsHugeEnkins

I wouldn't describe myself as thrilled but something had to give. Things haven't seen right for a while. In Huw (and the board) I trust.
Laudrups Sacking Celebratory Thread on 21:57 - Feb 4 with 3183 viewsblaine_scfc

I admittedly questioned Laudrup's future at the club immediately after the West Ham game, probably due to anger/frustration. But I just can't be happy about his sacking. His team last season was by far the strongest I have ever seen since following the swans, and played the best football. As people have touched on previously, the chances are if the injuries hadn't have hit us we would be sitting pretty in top half. It's a shame it's ended this way.

I wish him all the best in the future.
Laudrups Sacking Celebratory Thread on 22:04 - Feb 4 with 3089 viewsJJJack

Laudrups Sacking Celebratory Thread on 21:56 - Feb 4 by HugeEnkins

I wouldn't describe myself as thrilled but something had to give. Things haven't seen right for a while. In Huw (and the board) I trust.

Pretty much this though I also like Blaine's post immediately below yours. Feel quite uneasy about this but was resigned to it in recent weeks as ML looked increasingly desperate in recent months and to me, clearly simply did not know what to do to re-energise his team any more. Good manager but will certainly never be a great one. Lacks the passion for the job that's required these days....to be fair he admitted it when he took over (which was glossed over at the time). Sitting watching Fulham bore me to death at the mo, unable to score against a Lge 1 side and I'm wondering.......have we got the timing right though? I'd have happily seen him go come summer but NOW?? Hope to God whoever they have lined up is at least as competent as ML.
Login to get fewer ads

Laudrups Sacking Celebratory Thread on 00:45 - Feb 5 with 2835 viewsSpratty

Careful what you wish for Dwight.
Laudrups Sacking Celebratory Thread on 01:09 - Feb 5 with 2753 viewsTreforys_Jack

To the OP, go away, you're a dick.
Laudrups Sacking Celebratory Thread on 01:14 - Feb 5 with 2737 viewsLiam12345

not exactly over the moon its quite sad but it had to be done

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Laudrups Sacking Celebratory Thread on 08:06 - Mar 19 with 2436 viewsJackanapes

So you hated Laudrup, now you hate Monk. And you hate HJ. Bit of a pattern forming.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Laudrups Sacking Celebratory Thread on 08:38 - Mar 19 with 2353 viewslibertine

was this an ironic sarcastic threadstarter as i thought, or an honest and open thought??
Laudrups Sacking Celebratory Thread on 08:40 - Mar 19 with 2341 views1jack

Laudrups Sacking Celebratory Thread on 08:38 - Mar 19 by libertine

was this an ironic sarcastic threadstarter as i thought, or an honest and open thought??

Don't try and second guess the OP, he is a superior intelligent being.
Laudrups Sacking Celebratory Thread on 09:23 - Mar 19 with 2277 viewsJackanapes

If you have to explain a joke to someone, its not a very good joke.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Laudrups Sacking Celebratory Thread on 10:30 - Mar 19 with 2207 viewsgibs0n

I think Huw will bring in a new manager this summer. Monks deal is to avoid relegation, then he will get another role in the club.
Laudrups Sacking Celebratory Thread on 10:54 - Mar 19 with 2171 viewsDull1Thomas

We seem to want continental football (and let's be honest without that different style from the 'English' game we would not have come this far) but can't work with continental managers.
I discount Roberto as he had spent most of his life in the UK and played nearly all of his football here by the time he became manager in what was a low league position for the Swans

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Laudrups Sacking Celebratory Thread on 13:46 - Mar 19 with 2039 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

If you care to take a further look back at my posts and threads, you will see that I was lobbying for Laudrup to be sacked a few weeks before this thread was made. So yes, it is a entirely serious thread. And to the person who suggested a pattern is developing, let's hope so.

I saw Laudrup was taking us down, voiced my concerns, suffered verbal abuse, Laudrup was sacked.

I saw quite early on that Garry was absolutely clueless and was an absolutely disgraceful appointment, voiced my concerns, suffered verbal abuse, and now the majority of the forum is in agreement.

I can see that our club is being run by Jenkins in a disgusting manner where he is untouchable to criticism. The only people in a position to criticise him on a formal stage are The Trust, but they either lack the testicular fortitude to do so or are happy to suckle from Huw's tit and stay in the rosy position they are. Let's Hope in a few weeks the majority of fans want answers from the board as it will increase pressure on 'The Trust' to act.

Laudrups Sacking Celebratory Thread on 14:02 - Mar 19 with 2007 viewsperchrockjack

a disgusting manner is something Ive used to describe something but I fail to see how that can be applied to Jenkins. Make no mistake, nobody is willing or able to take his place so we pisss him off at our peril.
Laudrup would have taken us down;Ive no doubt about that in my head, we have a chance now so I pray we take it. Laudrup brought to us some gutless feckers whom we somehow hope will save our status.
Whatever happens, these stains will be gone next season

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Laudrups Sacking Celebratory Thread on 14:17 - Mar 19 with 1989 viewsDarran

Laudrups Sacking Celebratory Thread on 14:02 - Mar 19 by perchrockjack

a disgusting manner is something Ive used to describe something but I fail to see how that can be applied to Jenkins. Make no mistake, nobody is willing or able to take his place so we pisss him off at our peril.
Laudrup would have taken us down;Ive no doubt about that in my head, we have a chance now so I pray we take it. Laudrup brought to us some gutless feckers whom we somehow hope will save our status.

Why is nobody willing or able to take his place?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Laudrups Sacking Celebratory Thread on 14:17 - Mar 19 with 1989 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Laudrups Sacking Celebratory Thread on 14:02 - Mar 19 by perchrockjack

I agree with you regarding Laudrup, but where you say 'piss Huw off at our peril' sums up the control he has over our club and how untouchable his position has become. The man has become a megalomaniac and it appears most of our fans are too afraid to speak up about it or are just hoping everything will get better on its own.

Laudrups Sacking Celebratory Thread on 14:20 - Mar 19 with 1969 viewsperchrockjack

chairmen need to have power;we don't want weak men. Wigan had Whelan who is a monster and they ve done ok with him. They ll be back in the Pl next season.

We have nobody willing to take over so we really do need a strong man at the helm.
He was completely correct in binning Laudrup but shold have done it much earlier..
and why Dwight yorke ?

Laudrups Sacking Celebratory Thread on 14:21 - Mar 19 with 1968 viewsDarran

Laudrups Sacking Celebratory Thread on 14:17 - Mar 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I agree with you regarding Laudrup, but where you say 'piss Huw off at our peril' sums up the control he has over our club and how untouchable his position has become. The man has become a megalomaniac and it appears most of our fans are too afraid to speak up about it or are just hoping everything will get better on its own.

Please tell me you don't believe that Huw Jenkins is running the show himself?
F*cking Christ.

Laudrups Sacking Celebratory Thread on 14:22 - Mar 19 with 1960 viewsperchrockjack

Laudrups Sacking Celebratory Thread on 14:17 - Mar 19 by Darran

Why is nobody willing or able to take his place?

No idea. Maybe nobody that interested ;worries me anyway

Laudrups Sacking Celebratory Thread on 14:25 - Mar 19 with 1951 viewsDarran

Laudrups Sacking Celebratory Thread on 14:22 - Mar 19 by perchrockjack

No idea. Maybe nobody that interested ;worries me anyway

Well thought out then.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024