Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread 12:00 - Feb 7 with 38706 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 21:21 - Feb 8 with 2035 viewsmacman

Believer or non-believer that's the question.

Believers will have seen a strong Swansea coming out dominating and controlling the match, pressing high the first 25 min, but then falling back slightly, but still in control with some good efferts. Cardiff a little stronger towards the end of the half with a few attemtps.

2nd half Hernandez comes out and plays a beautiful pass for Routs who scored effetlessly. Follwing this Cardiff tried to push their play high, but Swansea stayed in control and made the well derserved 2-0 on nice pass from Routs and taking advantage of a weak Cardiff defence. The 3-0 followed more coffidence and control with a brilliant Bony header on Hernandez' precise free kick.

Non-belivers will have seen a Swansea team that came out prepared to press high, but with very little to offer, except an almost comical choice of Emnes in the starting XI. He fulfilled the prophecy of being crap from start to halftime, when he was substituted with Hernandez. The first half hour saw a press on Cardiff high on their half, but not really creating any chances, not counting half chances. Towards the end a Cardiff gaining confidence and getting better at he end of the half for no other reason than Swansea pulling back. Monk who started sitting became more active and shouting in the same period.

2nd half a continuation of the first except Hernandez came on starting 2nd half with a Laudrup-like pass setting up an otherwise invisible Rout who made it 1-0. Following the goal Cardiff pressed harder and although no big chance came out of it. The Swans were pushed, which resulted in Monk's 2nd subst. Canas came on DG, clearly a defensive substitution. 2-0 came in the 79' after Hernandez wanted to pass the ball to Bony, but it landed at Routs feet who passed it in front of the goal. Due to a huge misunderstanding Dyer could put a header into the bottom left corner. After this Cardiff had no more to give and the 3-0 and final goal followed shortly in the 86'.

A big win considering the week that went before and in that sense a great game. One could argue that is was not a great game. Except from some high pressing nothing new was on the plate, but a good win over an extremely weak Cardiff side, which must have found it a little too easy to push back the Swans. However the Swans are 4 point above relegation and may have picked a boost from the win; however next week away at Stoke will be a much different match against a much stronger side.
Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 21:22 - Feb 8 with 2035 viewsWatchman

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 21:07 - Feb 8 by Plasticman

From the sounds of it, it wasn't really the results that was to blame, which would have been silly too.

Erosion of core principles? I'm taking a wild stab in the dark that Laudrups humility and the transfer policy of not shirking with the wallet in the same degree as previous managers were those 'core principles' the board didn't apreciate.

How they want to 'beat anyone' without loosening up the pouch is beyond me, but we'll just have to see how things pan out in the following seasons I guess.

no mate they are about hard work and how players and staff represent the club(Us) many started to believe the hype and pick up nice wages for farck all work.

GM said something post match today which was spot on The Players KNOW they have a lot to prove their entire attitude has been questioned not just the media but more importantly US!!!!!

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 21:22 - Feb 8 with 2030 viewsperchrockjack

as a manager you big up your team not the opposition

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 21:22 - Feb 8 with 2029 viewsBloodyhills

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 19:29 - Feb 8 by reddythered

Can't argue with the result.

Worries kicked in when I saw our lineup without Noone or Mutch, our two best attackers- clearly Ole worried about your attackers.

First half was frankly two crap sides. You lifted your game second half, like I said can't argue with the result. I would say I've mentioned numerous times that I think you've been underperforming all season...

I thought Noone has looked by far your best player of what I've seen of you this season.

Glad he didn't play.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 21:23 - Feb 8 with 2023 viewsreddythered

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 21:19 - Feb 8 by Plasticman

It's well documented that Laudrup split up the league into 'the big boys' and 'those we can compete with'. It's also on press statements that this mentality was something Jenkins utterly disliked.

Laudrup is reserved, no doubt about that. But he also strikes me as far from arrogant as a person can be.

His managerial history of walkiing when things aren't exactly the way he wants, lack of longevity anywhere speaks volumes.

And as much as I dislike Huw, I'm with him on that one. Start telling players they aren't good enough to compete with the bigger teams, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. Gives players excuses for slacking off.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 21:23 - Feb 8 with 2006 viewsItchySphincter

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 19:29 - Feb 8 by reddythered

Can't argue with the result.

Worries kicked in when I saw our lineup without Noone or Mutch, our two best attackers- clearly Ole worried about your attackers.

First half was frankly two crap sides. You lifted your game second half, like I said can't argue with the result. I would say I've mentioned numerous times that I think you've been underperforming all season...

Is the right answer.

Worrying thing for you is that you have a team playing to it's potential whereas we have a team punching below it's weight. Natural order to be restored shortly and tbh it won't be the end of the world for you lot.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 21:25 - Feb 8 with 1992 viewsLiam12345

Pablo really showed his class today only played 45 mins yet best game he played in my opinion. Everyone deserves to be rated 9/10 today superb

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 21:29 - Feb 8 with 1976 viewsBloodyhills

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 19:43 - Feb 8 by reddythered

Well, Villa, Hull at home next so... even one win could jump a place or two.

Suspect Fulham are dead in the water, so it's two from god knows... you're still closer to Fulham pointswise than the team a place above you, don't forget.

I think it'll go down to the wire for a lot of clubs. I wouldn't want to be a Norwich fan, they've a horrendous last four games in the season.

I think Fulham are fvcked and as you say Norwich's last four games look tricky so I think they are probably fvcked too. That leaves's one place 'up for grabs'!

I think we'll be OK. We have the players and we have had a huge psychological boost today, shudder at what we would be like if we had lost'.

Norwich's last four, poor buggers.
19 Sat Liverpool H
26 Sat Man Utd A
May
3 Sat Chelsea A
11 Sun Arsenal H

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 21:30 - Feb 8 with 1964 viewsItchySphincter

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 20:07 - Feb 8 by alphonseM

Good match, great result - I'm sure we would have had a similar result if only we had kept ML.

Highly unlikely. Recent record (last 12 months) suggests otherwise.

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 21:34 - Feb 8 with 1942 viewsItchySphincter

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 21:07 - Feb 8 by Plasticman

From the sounds of it, it wasn't really the results that was to blame, which would have been silly too.

Erosion of core principles? I'm taking a wild stab in the dark that Laudrups humility and the transfer policy of not shirking with the wallet in the same degree as previous managers were those 'core principles' the board didn't apreciate.

How they want to 'beat anyone' without loosening up the pouch is beyond me, but we'll just have to see how things pan out in the following seasons I guess.

See how it pans out on football manager is it? Time for you do one........

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 21:39 - Feb 8 with 1907 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 21:21 - Feb 8 by macman

Believers will have seen a strong Swansea coming out dominating and controlling the match, pressing high the first 25 min, but then falling back slightly, but still in control with some good efferts. Cardiff a little stronger towards the end of the half with a few attemtps.

2nd half Hernandez comes out and plays a beautiful pass for Routs who scored effetlessly. Follwing this Cardiff tried to push their play high, but Swansea stayed in control and made the well derserved 2-0 on nice pass from Routs and taking advantage of a weak Cardiff defence. The 3-0 followed more coffidence and control with a brilliant Bony header on Hernandez' precise free kick.

Non-belivers will have seen a Swansea team that came out prepared to press high, but with very little to offer, except an almost comical choice of Emnes in the starting XI. He fulfilled the prophecy of being crap from start to halftime, when he was substituted with Hernandez. The first half hour saw a press on Cardiff high on their half, but not really creating any chances, not counting half chances. Towards the end a Cardiff gaining confidence and getting better at he end of the half for no other reason than Swansea pulling back. Monk who started sitting became more active and shouting in the same period.

2nd half a continuation of the first except Hernandez came on starting 2nd half with a Laudrup-like pass setting up an otherwise invisible Rout who made it 1-0. Following the goal Cardiff pressed harder and although no big chance came out of it. The Swans were pushed, which resulted in Monk's 2nd subst. Canas came on DG, clearly a defensive substitution. 2-0 came in the 79' after Hernandez wanted to pass the ball to Bony, but it landed at Routs feet who passed it in front of the goal. Due to a huge misunderstanding Dyer could put a header into the bottom left corner. After this Cardiff had no more to give and the 3-0 and final goal followed shortly in the 86'.

A big win considering the week that went before and in that sense a great game. One could argue that is was not a great game. Except from some high pressing nothing new was on the plate, but a good win over an extremely weak Cardiff side, which must have found it a little too easy to push back the Swans. However the Swans are 4 point above relegation and may have picked a boost from the win; however next week away at Stoke will be a much different match against a much stronger side.

I'm a believer!

Fair last point but that's for tomorrow.

I'm going to go to sleep tonight with a huge smile on my face.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 21:50 - Feb 8 with 1825 viewsWatchman

well in the first 10 mins Emnes did more attacking and opened up more space than SCFC did in the entire 96 mins in the first derby. He has certainly done more already than Vasquez has.

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 21:59 - Feb 8 with 1772 viewsoldgrey

I noticed that monk was very keen for the team to press up on cardiff in their own half. He was very animated in directing the team to do this, rather than letting them attack us. A subtle change of approach maybe but very effective.
Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 21:59 - Feb 8 with 1771 viewsmawdlamjack

Great performance today, back was the pace, precision, determination, skill and class finishing.
The challenge now is to keep up this level of performance for the rest of the season.
we know they can do it, the liberty was bouncing today,lets keep the atmosphere that high for the rest of the season.
Woooohoooo we beat the scum 3-0
one very happy muppet here, COYS

on the northbank since 64 now languishing in the east stand

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 22:39 - Feb 8 with 1622 viewsGowerjack

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 20:37 - Feb 8 by Davillin

How wrong can you be? My response is after the final whistle, of course.

They played more like the Swansea of the past several years, were 100% more self-disciplined, and played with more enthusiasm and will than they have for a year.

In my opinion, Monk and Jenkins did what he said he'd do - restored the Swansea philosophy. Candidly, although I had faith in them, I am surprised that it happened so quickly.

Well said that man.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 22:47 - Feb 8 with 1603 viewsJackFish

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 21:59 - Feb 8 by oldgrey

I noticed that monk was very keen for the team to press up on cardiff in their own half. He was very animated in directing the team to do this, rather than letting them attack us. A subtle change of approach maybe but very effective.

It was very noticeable how Turner, John and in particular Fabio didn't have much of a clue what to do when we pressed them. Just ended up hoofing the ball anywhere and we gobbled that up.
Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 23:03 - Feb 8 with 1558 viewsLeonisGod

What the feck are you on about?
Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 23:37 - Feb 8 with 1500 views3swan

Before I even try and read the 12 pages and the other threads.

I know it was a derby and they could have froze.

It's only one game and It's been a while coming but today saw the Swansea City we know and been used to over the last few years. Players took responsibility, they supported each other making themselves available and hunted in pairs where loose ball became ours.

A couple of players I could mention but this was a team performance

I suppose I could mention one thing though, the atmosphere and support................ Nearly lost my voice so lucky I'm posting not speaking.

Some pride came back today.

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 01:14 - Feb 9 with 1427 viewsborinifanclub

3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0
3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0
looks good doesn't it! and 3-1 over two legs if the scum want to brag!

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 08:25 - Feb 9 with 1349 viewsPlasticman

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 21:30 - Feb 8 by ItchySphincter

Highly unlikely. Recent record (last 12 months) suggests otherwise.

because we're playing top seven clubs all the time, right?

Plastic since 2012

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 09:28 - Feb 9 with 1316 viewsmonmouth

Frankly I don't understand what the Danes aren't getting about this.

1. Laudrup was the most successful manager in our history
2. We no longer give a fu#k about laudrup

Harp on as much as you like. He's gone. We don't care.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 09:33 - Feb 9 with 1303 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 08:25 - Feb 9 by Plasticman

because we're playing top seven clubs all the time, right?

Have we played top seven clubs all the time since February?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 09:40 - Feb 9 with 1277 viewsjohnlangy

Swansea City V Cardiff City match thread on 18:34 - Feb 8 by dameedna

JDG to Routs

plebs on here

Actually Pablo ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024