Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vorm 17:42 - Apr 2 with 4555 viewscaerleon_jack

Not good reading for Michel...

In WhoScored's Premier League team of the season in his debut campaign, Swansea's Michel Vorm has seen his form dip lately. Rated at just 6.49 this season, he is WhoScored's worst-performing 'keeper in England's top flight with at least 20 appearances. Having saved only 61.7% of the shots on target he has been tested with, he is providing very little resistance as the last line of Swansea's defence, and he has the players in front of him to thank for the fact that the Swans only allow their opponents an average of 4.2 shots on target per game. Swansea have the fourth-worst defensive record in the Premier League this season and, but for their goalscoring record, might be even more heavily entrenched in a relegation battle.

http://www.football365.com/f365-features/9245167/Five-Players-Simply-Not-Up-To-S

Insert something witty here

Vorm on 17:47 - Apr 2 with 3768 viewsDaneloCruz

I stil prefer Vorm than Tremmel
Vorm on 17:48 - Apr 2 with 3764 viewsDr_Winston

Strong defences are built on a solid keeper. Our keepers haven't been solid enough this season. Either of them.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Vorm on 17:52 - Apr 2 with 3741 viewscaerleon_jack

Vorm on 17:47 - Apr 2 by DaneloCruz

I stil prefer Vorm than Tremmel

Agree, but it's shows Vorm has not been good enough

Vorm on 17:53 - Apr 2 with 3734 viewspaulv2k4

Vorm on 17:48 - Apr 2 by Dr_Winston

Strong defences are built on a solid keeper. Our keepers haven't been solid enough this season. Either of them.

True statement that.
Vorm on 17:55 - Apr 2 with 3730 viewsJokeren1943

Vorm is a good average keeper. He should keep focusing on being a keeper instead of talking about Barcelona.
Vorm on 18:02 - Apr 2 with 3688 viewscaerleon_jack

The most interesting bit for me is that we only allow an average of 4.2 shots on target a game. We must be conceding from a high percentage of those chances, and it possibly shows that if we can cut out a few individual mistakes we could have a very strong defence.

Vorm on 18:07 - Apr 2 with 3663 viewsmonmouth

Vorm on 17:48 - Apr 2 by Dr_Winston

And ain't that the truth. The Man City injury was the turning point I think. That's the last time I can remember him really trying to get to something outside his reach. He's made great saves since then but from memory they've all been pretty close to him.....anything he has to really stretch for he just watches. I would be enquiring after Marshall when their fate is sealed. Get a right back as well, plus JDG and Borini, keep Michu and Bony and I'd be a happy punter for next season.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Vorm on 18:13 - Apr 2 with 3636 viewsMrSwerve

Our defence as a unit hasn't been great this year. Rangel, as much as I love him, is lacking some pace, Chico has had some of his mental moments, and Ben looks like he is lacking experience at times (which is to be expected, to be fair).

Strengthening our defence next year has to be a top priority.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Login to get fewer ads

Vorm on 18:18 - Apr 2 with 3607 viewsDr_Winston

Vorm on 18:07 - Apr 2 by monmouth

And ain't that the truth. The Man City injury was the turning point I think. That's the last time I can remember him really trying to get to something outside his reach. He's made great saves since then but from memory they've all been pretty close to him.....anything he has to really stretch for he just watches. I would be enquiring after Marshall when their fate is sealed. Get a right back as well, plus JDG and Borini, keep Michu and Bony and I'd be a happy punter for next season.

You'd have to have a look at the GK coaching situation. A dip in form for both keepers in the same season could suggest deeper lying issues.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Vorm on 18:19 - Apr 2 with 3606 viewsItchySphincter

I suppose the stats tell a certain story but I think Vorm is great.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Vorm on 18:22 - Apr 2 with 3587 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Vorm on 18:18 - Apr 2 by Dr_Winston

You'd have to have a look at the GK coaching situation. A dip in form for both keepers in the same season could suggest deeper lying issues.

I think in Vorm's case it is much more the difficulty of coming back from that injury, not only was he very rusty he also appears a bit "scared" to throw himself around as he used to before the injury.
But he has improved over the last couple of games though.
Vorm on 18:25 - Apr 2 with 3574 viewsJackfath

Let's get Marshall in when they get relegated. Be very good competition.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Vorm on 18:51 - Apr 2 with 3473 viewsBravoJack

Maarten Stekelenburg should be at the top of our list
Vorm on 18:57 - Apr 2 with 3452 viewsSwansNZ

Vorm on 18:07 - Apr 2 by monmouth

I agree, Vorm just does not appear to be the same as he was before the injury at Man City.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Vorm on 19:37 - Apr 2 with 3331 viewspaulv2k4

Vorm on 18:51 - Apr 2 by BravoJack

Maarten Stekelenburg should be at the top of our list

Why? He can't even get a place at Fulham. Personally, don't think he's better than Vorm.
Vorm on 19:56 - Apr 2 with 3266 viewscaerleon_jack

Vorm on 19:37 - Apr 2 by paulv2k4

Why? He can't even get a place at Fulham. Personally, don't think he's better than Vorm.

Agree with Bravojack. Stekelenberg made a mistake going to Fulham, has played behind an even poorer defence than ours. Currently out injured and has had a few this season, so that should be a concern. Believe I'm right in saying he's still Dutch no.1 when fit. Would certainly provide good competition for Vorm

Vorm on 20:41 - Apr 2 with 3145 viewsNatterjack

Disappointing season for Vorm so far, maybe disrupted by fitness? - but he's showed what he can do in the last 2 seasons.

As the old cliche goes -- form is temporary, class is permanent!

Ps - totally agree that Tremmel is rubbish though
Vorm on 20:46 - Apr 2 with 3118 viewsSwansNZ

Vorm on 20:41 - Apr 2 by Natterjack

Disappointing season for Vorm so far, maybe disrupted by fitness? - but he's showed what he can do in the last 2 seasons.

As the old cliche goes -- form is temporary, class is permanent!

Ps - totally agree that Tremmel is rubbish though

I'd say only his first season with us, he was really good.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Vorm on 20:57 - Apr 2 with 3088 viewsGrandPrix

He's been poor since he bought his Ferrari

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

Vorm on 00:02 - Apr 3 with 2879 viewsJJJack

Vorm on 20:46 - Apr 2 by SwansNZ

I'd say only his first season with us, he was really good.

been saying for 18mths that Vorm is one of the poorest keepers in the Prem, if not THE poorest of the regular keepers. Tremmel was excellent last season but has been clearly worse than Vorm this season. Genuinely I struggle to think of a Prem keeper who i wouldn't get in instead although I retain hope he can get back to his best.
Vorm on 00:45 - Apr 3 with 2831 viewsTom1912

Vorm on 00:02 - Apr 3 by JJJack

been saying for 18mths that Vorm is one of the poorest keepers in the Prem, if not THE poorest of the regular keepers. Tremmel was excellent last season but has been clearly worse than Vorm this season. Genuinely I struggle to think of a Prem keeper who i wouldn't get in instead although I retain hope he can get back to his best.

Yep, I agree with all this. Pretty much what I was going to post.
Vorm on 09:35 - Apr 3 with 2662 viewsnavyjack

Is Lee Camp still available? If only to get LCFE back on here to have some fun with!
Vorm on 09:53 - Apr 3 with 2639 viewsCatullus

Vorm on 19:37 - Apr 2 by paulv2k4

I'd disagree. The stats never show everything but Stekelenburg is behind an even worse defence. We always seem to get punished for our individual mistakes whereas we don't punish other teams enough for theirs!! But if we are keeping teams down to 4.2 shots on average then we are doing something right. And Vorms stats could be a lot worse, bearing that in mind.
Ash in particular has got many, many last gasp tackles and blocks in.
I'd let Tremmel go and try to get someone else in and Stekelenburg or Marshall would be decent choices. But I'm not sure if I'd prefer a younger keeper we'd scouted because none of the bottom 6/7 clubs goalies really inspire me!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Vorm on 10:06 - Apr 3 with 2614 viewsZut_Alors

Wasn't there reported interest in Reading's Alex Mccarthy? He's continued his excellent form this year and I thought he looked a great player during his spell in the Prem.

I don't see the sense in going in for Stekelenburg. A young, hungry goalkeeper is what I'd go for to push Vorm.
Vorm on 13:09 - Apr 3 with 2521 viewsA_Fans_Dad

There are a couple of Goalkeepers doing well in the Championship, Fulham's Ali Al-Habsi is playing well as is Kasper Schmeichel.
Ali Al-Habsi has played 20, let in 17 and had 8 clean sheets.
Kasper Schmeichel has played 39, let in 37 and had 14 clean sheets.
I wonder how well they would do in the Prem.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024