Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today 22:14 - May 24 with 3306 viewsbonymine

Went along to the Liberty today to watch my son playing in the Swansea Junior League Cup Finals Day and was staggered to be asked for a full body search at the turnstiles outside the West Stand by a steward.
Furthermore, my father (age 74) and father in law (age 78) were also subjected to full body searches and my wife and mother in law (age 75) were asked to open their handbags before entering the ground.
Quite frankly I was astounded by all this as having watched the Swans since 1975 and been a season ticket holder and regular away fan since then I can only recall being subjected to a full body search a few times mainly away at some 'dodgy' games.
Then when I walked up the stairs to the concourse I was amazed to see about 50 official stewards 'on duty' (the same as a normal Premier League matchday with the Swans) and they were 'controlling' a crowd of parents, grandparents and family of the Under 14 players totaling about 200 people i;e. nothing to do.
Apparently (although I cannot officially confirm this point )the Swansea League paid around £12,000 to secure the Liberty for today's finals (4 matches) and the day was a very special occasion for all the players and families but I cannot get my head around the necessity for full body searches etc unless it was a 'dry run' for training stewards for next season. If so then perhaps that should have been made clear to the supporters before entering the ground and asking my mother in law to open her bag for inspection ?
As an aside it would be good to know who was paying for these stewards today on a cushy number on Bank Holiday weekend - was it the Swansea League, the Liberty Stadium or somebody else ?
Any other information/comments welcome............

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 13:03 - May 25 with 868 viewsBrynmill_Jack

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 12:59 - May 25 by premierjack

If nobody was searched and something happened in the stadium, the club would be wrong for not searching.

No matter what the club does - there is always people looking to have a go and say negative things!

Would they have? Let's face it an under 14's tournament isn't going to warrant the same security as Swans vs Cardiff. What would be the risk?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 13:10 - May 25 with 855 viewspremierjack

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 13:03 - May 25 by Brynmill_Jack

Would they have? Let's face it an under 14's tournament isn't going to warrant the same security as Swans vs Cardiff. What would be the risk?

I assume there wasn't as many police in the kids games and swans v cardiff? The police mainly do the swans games but if they aren't there, you suggest nobody does it?

I know I would rather be searched than anything bad to happen to anyone
OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 13:19 - May 25 with 841 viewsexiledclaseboy

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:53 - May 24 by bonymine

Know what you mean Fath it's a sad reflection of today's standards, so much beaureaucratic nonsense from EU on H&S etc
Shall we sing a song for you ??????

Ah, something else that's the EU's fault. Marvellous.

Poll: Tory leader

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 20:18 - Aug 20 with 523 viewsbonymine

An update on my previous post below ;

As I am now divorced I totally agree with my ex wife and mother in law being searched at that time ....
In fact I hope the Stewards might have found several items of value which she hoped to stow away outside of the Court Divorce Settlement the cheating, lying, bitch !!

I think that Huw knows 'all about her now' since our divorce, Sunny Spain is a common place for CHEATING LYING SELL OUT KUNTS !!!!

KARMA Huwbert !! 😉😉

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 20:26 - Aug 20 with 501 viewsJackfath

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 20:18 - Aug 20 by bonymine

An update on my previous post below ;

As I am now divorced I totally agree with my ex wife and mother in law being searched at that time ....
In fact I hope the Stewards might have found several items of value which she hoped to stow away outside of the Court Divorce Settlement the cheating, lying, bitch !!

I think that Huw knows 'all about her now' since our divorce, Sunny Spain is a common place for CHEATING LYING SELL OUT KUNTS !!!!

KARMA Huwbert !! 😉😉

BrynmillJack has had it in for me for years. He still tries to goad me.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 20:36 - Aug 20 with 461 viewsbonymine

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 20:26 - Aug 20 by Jackfath

I don't believe that at all Fathy ????

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 20:44 - Aug 20 with 433 viewsSwanjaxs

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 20:26 - Aug 20 by Jackfath

Count yourself lucky you dont have a affiliation to Celtic Football Club! Talk about poking a bear with a stick 😂

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 20:48 - Aug 20 with 422 viewsFlashberryjack

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:21 - May 24 by bonymine

Yes I get searched if I've got a rucksack going into the South Stand on Swans matchday but 3 people in their 70's getting searched for a Junior League Finals Day ?????????????

Terror profiling...........not allowed see.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 21:00 - Aug 20 with 399 viewsMrSwerve

Don't see the problem with searching OAPs.

Do you think that security should profile people then? It's a slippery slope...

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 21:20 - Aug 20 with 365 viewsSmellyplumz

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 22:24 - May 24 by Uxbridge

The fee is about right I hear. Why on earth they'd need to search anyone going in is beyond me.

Hmm Manchester arena maybe, you either have security or you don't that's no in between.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

OTT Security at Liberty for Swansea JUNIOR League Finals today on 21:41 - Aug 20 with 343 viewsKinsey

I kinda see where they're coming from. Remember the Manchester attack was chiefly a children's event.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024