Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Equals 16:30 - Aug 13 with 3556 viewsMorSwan

There's no reason we should go in to Saturday's game scared of getting a result. 11 players to each team, all equal when it comes down to it. Some might say Man Utd are blessed with a squad of world class players, but we can still kick a ball. How good would it be to wipe the smile off van Gaal, Rooney and the rest of the glory hunters faces? I'd love it!!

I hope we give them a real go on Saturday!

C'mon City!

Poll: What striker would you want?

Equals on 16:37 - Aug 13 with 2989 viewsdobjack2

And we are level on points with them
Equals on 16:41 - Aug 13 with 2972 viewsjacabertawe

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Equals on 16:54 - Aug 13 with 2934 viewsSwanjaxs

A lot of negativity on here because we lost a friendly against a top quality Spanish outfit, remember before our debut season in the premier league we played Stuttgart and were lucky to go in at half time only 2-0 down! I'm going for 1-1 at Mold Trafford KTF
[Post edited 13 Aug 2014 16:57]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Equals on 16:58 - Aug 13 with 2914 viewsraynor94

Equals on 16:54 - Aug 13 by Swanjaxs

A lot of negativity on here because we lost a friendly against a top quality Spanish outfit, remember before our debut season in the premier league we played Stuttgart and were lucky to go in at half time only 2-0 down! I'm going for 1-1 at Mold Trafford KTF

It wasn't our debut season, Laudrup was in charge, but we did beat qpr the following week

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Equals on 17:03 - Aug 13 with 2892 viewsSwanjaxs

Equals on 16:58 - Aug 13 by raynor94

It wasn't our debut season, Laudrup was in charge, but we did beat qpr the following week

Yes quite rite my mistake, wasn't it Real Betis first season up?
[Post edited 13 Aug 2014 17:03]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Equals on 18:06 - Aug 13 with 2824 viewsPrivate_Partz

Equals on 16:54 - Aug 13 by Swanjaxs

I was worried long before Saturdays match.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Equals on 18:11 - Aug 13 with 2818 viewsPrivate_Partz

I agree . It is much more difficult against the top teams but w have caused upsets in the past and I really hope we will continue to do so in the future. What we don't need is a. 4 4 2 with Wilf And Gomis up front. We need to play tight keep, our shape in a tried and tested system with all players in the team carrying out a role they are used to.
We could be in with a shout then although it is probably the most difficult fixture to kick off with. Man City would have been better :-)
[Post edited 14 Aug 2014 11:21]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Equals on 18:16 - Aug 13 with 2806 viewsMrSwerve

Equals on 18:11 - Aug 13 by Private_Partz

I agree . It is much more difficult against the top teams but w have caused upsets in the past and I really hope we will continue to do so in the future. What we don't need is a. 4 4 2 with Wilf And Gomis up front. We need to play tight keep, our shape in a tried and tested system with all players in the team carrying out a role they are used to.
We could be in with a shout then although it is probably the most difficult fixture to kick off with. Man City would have been better :-)
[Post edited 14 Aug 2014 11:21]

I know wilf is big but he doesn't count as two people

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Login to get fewer ads

Equals on 18:29 - Aug 13 with 2772 viewsicecoldjack

Im gonna go for a draw or a narrow defeat. Ive decided the Villarreal game was a one off and the real Swansea is gonna shock Man utd.

It will be closer to the real Swans on Saturday and as mentioned before on here it will certainly focus the minds of those players that were quite poor/average.

Its the real deal on Saturday and i think wilf giving them hell for 70 mins then Gomis coming on with Dyer running his man all game then Montero coming on will be the way to go .

A big game for Monk, his subs will be absolutley critical , we need a solid start to the game ,Man utd will go for it and the first 15 mins we need strong defensive shape, survive that i feel we can grow into the game and play our stuff .
Equals on 18:31 - Aug 13 with 2768 viewsNeath_Jack

RVP and Shaw missing for the game too.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Equals on 18:49 - Aug 13 with 2750 viewsjojaca

Lets get one thing straight, Manchester United don't have world class players. Not one of them what get close to a world 11. We have very good opportunity to win Saturday, defensively they are looking very dodgy especially with Shaw and Jonny Evans rumoured to be missing out. We should be able to at least get 50% possession. We have plenty of fire power this year, if Monk plays the players in the preferred positions. I'm very optimistic.

Even when you know, you never know?

Equals on 20:26 - Aug 13 with 2700 viewssully49

We both have a vastly different players than last season and no Van Persie, therefore, we've got a great opportunity on getting a result. Lets hope all the lessons of last weekend have been addressed 4.4.2 at home 4.5.1 away please Garry?

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Equals on 20:34 - Aug 13 with 2686 viewsbermudajack

I'm going up on Saturday with hope in my heart that we'll scrape a point 😳

After Saturday My head tells me we're gonna get absolutely stuffed beyond recognition 😱😱😱😱

Somewhere in between is probably more realistic ... 3-0 loss I reckon

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Equals on 21:06 - Aug 13 with 2664 viewsScoobyWho

We didn't go there when we knocked them out the FA cup. Why on saturday ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Equals on 21:09 - Aug 13 with 2654 viewsjacksinceever

Even if we lose we'll only be 3 points behind them - not bad for a team than some pundits are rating as strugglers
Equals on 21:12 - Aug 13 with 2649 viewsjacksinceever

Equals on 21:06 - Aug 13 by ScoobyWho

We didn't go there when we knocked them out the FA cup. Why on saturday ?

Where did we go then? I'm sure that looking down from my seat in a corner of OT it looked like Swans - my eyes must have been playing tricks on me ....
Equals on 21:14 - Aug 13 with 2642 viewsScoobyWho

Equals on 21:12 - Aug 13 by jacksinceever

Where did we go then? I'm sure that looking down from my seat in a corner of OT it looked like Swans - my eyes must have been playing tricks on me ....

Check your PPI mate.

Equals on 21:17 - Aug 13 with 2632 viewsjacksinceever

Equals on 21:14 - Aug 13 by ScoobyWho

Check your PPI mate.

already done that - banks owed me nothing ...
Equals on 21:36 - Aug 13 with 2614 viewsScoobyWho

Equals on 21:17 - Aug 13 by jacksinceever

already done that - banks owed me nothing ...

Ah, but the new scam has been highlighted. Finish a loan early they lop it back on again mate, have a look, I did got £1,400.

Equals on 21:41 - Aug 13 with 2604 viewsjacksinceever

Equals on 21:36 - Aug 13 by ScoobyWho

Ah, but the new scam has been highlighted. Finish a loan early they lop it back on again mate, have a look, I did got £1,400.

I haven't had a drink (well half a cider) but I'm lost as to how this thread has ended up in a discussion about Payment Protection Insurance
Equals on 21:53 - Aug 13 with 2585 viewsScoobyWho

Equals on 21:41 - Aug 13 by jacksinceever

I haven't had a drink (well half a cider) but I'm lost as to how this thread has ended up in a discussion about Payment Protection Insurance

It beats telling each other to fu ck off like most threads on here mate ;-)

Equals on 09:34 - Aug 14 with 2484 viewsjacksinceever

Equals on 21:53 - Aug 13 by ScoobyWho

It beats telling each other to fu ck off like most threads on here mate ;-)

Fair enough
Equals on 09:48 - Aug 14 with 2462 viewsCatullus

This game last season (opener) was mostly the RVP show wasn't it?

Without him, with a possible defensive and hopefully us in a more usual formation/performance we have a chance.

They use a 352 now so we have to put pressure on them. If we can get behind the wing backs and provide quality crosses, we could do it.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Equals on 10:01 - Aug 14 with 2441 viewsOnslow

I personally reckon we're going to get bummed, but I'm loving the positivity

She keeps passin' me by...

Equals on 10:42 - Aug 14 with 2407 viewsParlay

Equals on 10:01 - Aug 14 by Onslow

I personally reckon we're going to get bummed, but I'm loving the positivity

Same. They have taken apart everybody they have faced this pre season including Liverpool, Real Madrid, Inter Milan, Roma and La Galaxy (7-0). I just hope no panic stations after losing to Man United under Van Gaal at OT, most teams will follow suit.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024