Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread 15:27 - Aug 15 with 48046 viewsPhil_S

And so here we are. Just under 14 weeks since we ended last season with a final day victory at Sunderland we start against the same opponents that we started against last season but this time we have to hope for a different result.

Full story at: http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/35748/manchester-united-v
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 15:42 - Aug 15 with 12081 viewsjackonicko

Monk out!

(just thought I would get in there first)
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 16:05 - Aug 15 with 12035 viewsOnslow

Monk On

She keeps passin' me by...

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 16:25 - Aug 15 with 12002 viewsperchrockjack

We re off to local pub to watch with red and blues fans (Liverpool) so expecting a lorra support.
We re gonna surprise the d1ckheads trust me.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 16:31 - Aug 15 with 11990 viewsGlyn1

Jonjo to score the first Premier League goal of the season!
[Post edited 15 Aug 2014 16:38]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 16:33 - Aug 15 with 11977 viewsperchrockjack

Is there a separate thread to overreact or to be put in one`s place

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 16:40 - Aug 15 with 11955 viewshooplehead

ffs....club's a joke
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 16:44 - Aug 15 with 11944 viewsperchrockjack

sack the board..and replace

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 17:09 - Aug 15 with 11884 viewsdickythorpe

"O ye of little faith"
Login to get fewer ads

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 17:19 - Aug 15 with 11870 viewsthedrownedman

I'd take a 4-3 win tbh. Not fussy.
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 17:20 - Aug 15 with 11860 viewsthedrownedman

So, starting eleven?

Fab

Rangel - Bartley - Williams - Taylor

[midfield I'm not sure about]

Wilf - Gomis
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 17:26 - Aug 15 with 11851 viewsRancid

You can get 42/40 on 888.com for a United -1 win.Tasty odds but I just couldn't go through with it.Open an account with 100 pound and they give you 88 pound so you'll have 188 quid going on a 42-40.Just saying.
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 17:31 - Aug 15 with 11841 viewskarnataka

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 17:20 - Aug 15 by thedrownedman

So, starting eleven?

Fab

Rangel - Bartley - Williams - Taylor

[midfield I'm not sure about]

Wilf - Gomis

Don't think Bartley will start. If we were playing against a hoofball team with a big #9 then maybe he'd be the one to man-mark but we'll need more guile at OT and Amat's reading of the game would put him ahead of Bartley for me in this one.

Wilf + Gomis? Don't think so. One or the other to start for me - which ever one is the fitter - to be replace by the other for the last 20-25 minutes unless he's having a stormer.

We'll need width and numbers in midfield so Dyer & Routs to start with Jeff to come on (but would be happy with Jeff & Routs with Dyer to come on) and with what we've got, can't see anything other than Gylfi, Ki & Jonjo in midfield. Would have preferred to have seen JdG in there instead of either Ki or Jonjo but it's not happening so those would be my three. Hope Jonjo shows some discipline because he'll need it.

My first trip trip to OT and really looking forward to it. 8.00am train from Bristol.
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 17:51 - Aug 15 with 11770 viewshammy

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 17:31 - Aug 15 by karnataka

Don't think Bartley will start. If we were playing against a hoofball team with a big #9 then maybe he'd be the one to man-mark but we'll need more guile at OT and Amat's reading of the game would put him ahead of Bartley for me in this one.

Wilf + Gomis? Don't think so. One or the other to start for me - which ever one is the fitter - to be replace by the other for the last 20-25 minutes unless he's having a stormer.

We'll need width and numbers in midfield so Dyer & Routs to start with Jeff to come on (but would be happy with Jeff & Routs with Dyer to come on) and with what we've got, can't see anything other than Gylfi, Ki & Jonjo in midfield. Would have preferred to have seen JdG in there instead of either Ki or Jonjo but it's not happening so those would be my three. Hope Jonjo shows some discipline because he'll need it.

My first trip trip to OT and really looking forward to it. 8.00am train from Bristol.

This all makes sense, but will be interesting to see if GM will separate Bony and Gomis. It seems that they both expect to play.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 18:34 - Aug 15 with 11684 viewsswanduck

I'm so glad the. We season is starting, looking forward to watching the match tomorrow.
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 18:35 - Aug 15 with 11682 viewsPrivate_Partz

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 17:51 - Aug 15 by hammy

This all makes sense, but will be interesting to see if GM will separate Bony and Gomis. It seems that they both expect to play.

Monk said that the purpose of the Villarreal game was to give the players game time as opposed to getting a result.
Bartley played most of the match so he could very well start. Again, reading between the lines of his responses at the meeting, I suspect it will be one up front.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 18:42 - Aug 15 with 11668 viewsRancid

Amat starts according to todays Post.
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 18:52 - Aug 15 with 11650 viewsllangyfelach

Should never have released Lita ffs

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 19:06 - Aug 15 with 11625 viewsairedale

I don't think he'll play 2 up front either, not against a big club.

I'll be glad when Leon is back too.
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 19:22 - Aug 15 with 11592 viewsJoe_bradshaw

We're an embarrassment to the Premier League.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 19:43 - Aug 15 with 11539 viewsmax936

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 19:22 - Aug 15 by Joe_bradshaw

Nah, we'll be fine when our players start "jellying"

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 19:50 - Aug 15 with 11526 viewsskippyjack

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 19:22 - Aug 15 by Joe_bradshaw

We're f*cked we are.. f*cked.. f*ck.. we're f*cked... you'll only have to look at Van Gaal in the technical area and Monk.. the Amsterdam Atom Bomb will arrive with a big bang... we'd better build the bomb shelters because it's going to be a belter in the theatre of nightmares... get the shovel out Garry! You'll have to dig yourself out of that hole Warwick has put you in

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 19:59 - Aug 15 with 11504 viewsperchrockjack

Come November I ll look forward to the admissions of mistakes.

Course not.

Reputations are on the line here

Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 20:04 - Aug 15 with 11498 viewsdickythorpe

Easiest 3 points away we'll get this season.
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 20:13 - Aug 15 with 11478 viewsJonnyTheJack

If we don't cause them problems going forward tomorrow i'll be disappointed. New formation for them plus a few injuries.
Man Utd v Swansea - The Match Day Thread on 20:17 - Aug 15 with 11470 viewsPhil_S

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024