Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One big screen up 14:46 - Aug 17 with 8318 viewsJackfath

http://www.liberty-stadium.com/webcam.php

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

One big screen up on 15:02 - Aug 17 with 4988 viewsjackharris

Looking good!

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

One big screen up on 15:05 - Aug 17 with 4964 viewsdickythorpe

What films are on this week?
One big screen up on 15:57 - Aug 17 with 4677 viewsjacksinceever

BTW how out of date are the announcements on the Liberty Stadium page?
One big screen up on 15:58 - Aug 17 with 4676 viewsSwan91

Looks good. Did anyone find out if it affects anyone sitting in that area? Out of curiosity
One big screen up on 16:22 - Aug 17 with 4522 viewsjackharris

One big screen up on 15:58 - Aug 17 by Swan91

Looks good. Did anyone find out if it affects anyone sitting in that area? Out of curiosity

It will affect some peoples' viewing! But of the ball in the air for a very short period of time.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.

One big screen up on 16:23 - Aug 17 with 4508 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Kind of looks like it will, but maybe it's just the angle. There is the TV camera position at the back there too.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

One big screen up on 16:40 - Aug 17 with 4413 viewsClydachjack

One big screen up on 16:22 - Aug 17 by jackharris

It will affect some peoples' viewing! But of the ball in the air for a very short period of time.

It better not block any view in the south, my season ticket is right behind the goals right at the back, the people up there have not paid for a restricted view!!
One big screen up on 16:41 - Aug 17 with 4399 viewsJackfath

One big screen up on 16:40 - Aug 17 by Clydachjack

It better not block any view in the south, my season ticket is right behind the goals right at the back, the people up there have not paid for a restricted view!!

It may not block your view, but you will not be able to see the screen at the other end, thus rendering you screenless.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Login to get fewer ads

One big screen up on 16:45 - Aug 17 with 4351 viewsBLAZE

One big screen up on 16:40 - Aug 17 by Clydachjack

It looks decieving in that webcam picture, but I'd say theres no chance it will affect your view of the pitch. The planners need shooting if it does!..... That said, I wouldnt be surprised if those directly behind it are unable to see the big screen in the opposite stand. Which will be a bummer for some
One big screen up on 16:46 - Aug 17 with 4346 viewsJackfath

One big screen up on 16:45 - Aug 17 by BLAZE

It looks decieving in that webcam picture, but I'd say theres no chance it will affect your view of the pitch. The planners need shooting if it does!..... That said, I wouldnt be surprised if those directly behind it are unable to see the big screen in the opposite stand. Which will be a bummer for some

Which is what I just said.

One big screen up on 16:50 - Aug 17 with 4300 viewsBLAZE

Half the forum has you on ignore though, so I was sharing your wisdom
One big screen up on 16:52 - Aug 17 with 4281 viewsJackfath

Good point.

One big screen up on 16:53 - Aug 17 with 4275 viewsClydachjack

Not really concerned about seeing other scoreboard, went without one all those year's down vetch but I do want to see where a high ball is going to land.
One big screen up on 17:05 - Aug 17 with 4208 viewsGowerjack

11 seats will be removed from the back row behind each screen.

FACT.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

One big screen up on 18:47 - Aug 17 with 3876 viewsPrivate_Partz

One big screen up on 17:05 - Aug 17 by Gowerjack

11 seats will be removed from the back row behind each screen.

FACT.

I know Phil said they won't be ready for Burnley but do you think the other one could be up as well?. I assume there is only one webcam and that us pointing at one goal. Maybe saying they won't be ready is lowering expectations as the deadline is as tight as eff. We may have them flashing at us on Saturday yet ;-)
[Post edited 17 Aug 2014 18:49]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

One big screen up on 19:34 - Aug 17 with 3765 viewsJackoBoostardo

Worried about the view? .... It could be worse

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

One big screen up on 20:23 - Aug 17 with 3595 viewsPhil_S

There is no way that will block anyones view of the game. It isnt attached to the roof yet so clearly mid construction
One big screen up on 20:25 - Aug 17 with 3576 viewsPrivate_Partz

One big screen up on 19:34 - Aug 17 by JackoBoostardo

Worried about the view? .... It could be worse

Very funny. Some clubs don't half take the piddle :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

One big screen up on 21:50 - Aug 17 with 3352 viewsjackonicko

I've just checked the link. The screen must be massive as it is now blocking out the entire webcam.
One big screen up on 22:03 - Aug 17 with 3302 viewsjackharris

One big screen up on 20:23 - Aug 17 by Phil_S

There is no way that will block anyones view of the game. It isnt attached to the roof yet so clearly mid construction

It is attached and it will block some people's views of the ball in the air. The pitch will be visible. As Jackfath and Blaze said it might also block the vision of the opposite screen for some people at the back of the North and South stands too.

One big screen up on 22:06 - Aug 17 with 3276 viewsJackoBoostardo

One big screen up on 22:03 - Aug 17 by jackharris

It is attached and it will block some people's views of the ball in the air. The pitch will be visible. As Jackfath and Blaze said it might also block the vision of the opposite screen for some people at the back of the North and South stands too.

As I've mentioned on the other thread, and has been repeated by PhilS, I think it's a temporary fixture at the moment - the planned images we saw recently showed the screens on the edge of the roof and not that low down. Still looks as though there's scaffolding supports there too!

Still, nice big screen anyway.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

One big screen up on 22:22 - Aug 17 with 3217 viewsjackharris

One big screen up on 22:06 - Aug 17 by JackoBoostardo

As I've mentioned on the other thread, and has been repeated by PhilS, I think it's a temporary fixture at the moment - the planned images we saw recently showed the screens on the edge of the roof and not that low down. Still looks as though there's scaffolding supports there too!

Still, nice big screen anyway.

I hope to be proved wrong and would be delighted if the screens were moved to the edge of the roof, however, from an engineering perspective the weight would be too much for the roof supports as these screens are reinforced. The attachments for the screen can be seen from this picture (A third of the way back from the edge of the roof).

They would also be practically above the in-goal area of the rugby field too.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2014 22:26]

One big screen up on 22:28 - Aug 17 with 3178 viewsJackoBoostardo

One big screen up on 22:22 - Aug 17 by jackharris

I hope to be proved wrong and would be delighted if the screens were moved to the edge of the roof, however, from an engineering perspective the weight would be too much for the roof supports as these screens are reinforced. The attachments for the screen can be seen from this picture (A third of the way back from the edge of the roof).

They would also be practically above the in-goal area of the rugby field too.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2014 22:26]

Suppose the frame would be the heaviest part of the screen, and could be light weight.

I'm not going to claim to know for sure, but it may even be on an elevating pully rail system?? This could be interesting, but if they are staying put then it does differ significantly to the images we were shown in the official brochure/price guide.

One big screen up on 22:30 - Aug 17 with 3167 viewsPhil_S

One big screen up on 22:03 - Aug 17 by jackharris

So if the ball goes really high in the air then it will block someones view for a nano second or two?

So it wont prevent them enjoying the game at all?
One big screen up on 22:38 - Aug 17 with 3129 viewsjackharris

One big screen up on 22:28 - Aug 17 by JackoBoostardo

Suppose the frame would be the heaviest part of the screen, and could be light weight.

I'm not going to claim to know for sure, but it may even be on an elevating pully rail system?? This could be interesting, but if they are staying put then it does differ significantly to the images we were shown in the official brochure/price guide.

Yes let's hope it is on an elevating pulley rail system.

The frame could be lightweight these days especially but it is going to have to endure rugby balls hitting it from penalties and conversions. The width of it also makes me think it is very sturdy, to withstand impacts.

Yes, it differs significantly to the original artist impressions, at the moment.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024