Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The England dna 08:09 - Dec 5 with 4018 viewsorion3016

Can't believe what I'm reading. Utter rubbish
It's as if they're trying to invent a new game that doesn't currently exist. Talk about stating the obvious

Be over there now after

The England dna on 08:36 - Dec 5 with 3981 viewsDewi1jack

But at least they've stated it "intelligently and responsibly." And the players are going to be "socially media aware"

Never seen the word "intelligently" used so often to describe a footballer when it's definitely an oxymoron

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

The England dna on 08:40 - Dec 5 with 3966 viewsymaohyd

I am constantly amazed that at 49 I have listened to the same excuses by the English since I was about 9 (1974) when they failed to qualify for the West German world cup then Argentina in 1978.

Every euro, every world cup I've listened to the same analysis of why they have failed. I haven't read this article but if they are finally drawing the line and putting together structures that can help them get to a semi a final or even win a major tournament in say 12 years time then for them it will be worth it.

They are the biggest under achievers in world football by a country mile. They used to vie with Spain for that title, obviously recent history leaves them well and truly alone and the stand out under achievers.

I always cringe when I listen to Talk Sport etc when pundits talk about British players managers etc when talking about club football. I say this because the British factor is one of a number of reasons that England under achieve. I watched Liverpool win the double years ago when they beat Everton in the FA Cup final. Liverpool didn't have one English player in their team.

Brucie in goal, Jim Beglin, Alan Hansen, Craig Johnson, Rushie, Ronnie Whelan etc etc. Can you imagine Real Madrid not having one Spanish player in their team?

The problem of non English players playing in the top flight has got worse now given the European influx and other nationalities. Put lack of players alongside an apparent clueless approach on how to manager their younger age groups compared to the Germans and the plot thickens.

Another biggie reason is that the English rarely produce true top drawer players, particularly game changers. They think they do, but they don't. In the last 20 years I would only say Bryan Robson, Michael Owen and Gaza as top drawer players. Plenty of very good players Rooney, Lineker etc but rarely have players who would get into a 'world side'. Gaza I've listed more on potential which was sadly not achieved.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

The England dna on 08:51 - Dec 5 with 3944 viewsDarran

The England dna on 08:40 - Dec 5 by ymaohyd

I am constantly amazed that at 49 I have listened to the same excuses by the English since I was about 9 (1974) when they failed to qualify for the West German world cup then Argentina in 1978.

Every euro, every world cup I've listened to the same analysis of why they have failed. I haven't read this article but if they are finally drawing the line and putting together structures that can help them get to a semi a final or even win a major tournament in say 12 years time then for them it will be worth it.

They are the biggest under achievers in world football by a country mile. They used to vie with Spain for that title, obviously recent history leaves them well and truly alone and the stand out under achievers.

I always cringe when I listen to Talk Sport etc when pundits talk about British players managers etc when talking about club football. I say this because the British factor is one of a number of reasons that England under achieve. I watched Liverpool win the double years ago when they beat Everton in the FA Cup final. Liverpool didn't have one English player in their team.

Brucie in goal, Jim Beglin, Alan Hansen, Craig Johnson, Rushie, Ronnie Whelan etc etc. Can you imagine Real Madrid not having one Spanish player in their team?

The problem of non English players playing in the top flight has got worse now given the European influx and other nationalities. Put lack of players alongside an apparent clueless approach on how to manager their younger age groups compared to the Germans and the plot thickens.

Another biggie reason is that the English rarely produce true top drawer players, particularly game changers. They think they do, but they don't. In the last 20 years I would only say Bryan Robson, Michael Owen and Gaza as top drawer players. Plenty of very good players Rooney, Lineker etc but rarely have players who would get into a 'world side'. Gaza I've listed more on potential which was sadly not achieved.

That's a superb post.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The England dna on 08:56 - Dec 5 with 3929 viewsmonmouth

The premier league is way over rated too. Bundesliga is light years ahead in ownership, fan engagement, skill and ethics.

Obviously the prem leads in bloat, self promotion and hubris. The latest 'Aguerro is the best in the world' tripe is embarrassing. Couldn't even get into the argie world cup team could he?

It is just another example of the 'we invented football' brigade who are stuck in the time warp of a lucky home world cup win nearly 60 years ago, way overestimating their current importance and entitlement. In fact, a lot of parallels with Cardiff, although sheer numbers should mean that England get lucky again at some stage.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The England dna on 11:00 - Dec 5 with 3835 viewsDyfnant

DNA, intelligence, philosophy... when does Brendan start.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

The England dna on 11:54 - Dec 5 with 3769 viewssherpajacob

Let them continue with their deluded ways.

So many points to make on this one.

They are talking about instilling a philosophy to players from age 15 onwards. 15 is way too late. It starts with making youngsters comfortable with the ball at 6/7. So they aren't just told welly it when under pressure. Junior and parks football the most common shout from parents and coaches is still "get rid of it"

On Tuesday in the second half we were attacking on the edge of the qpr box, everybody was marked, so a few passes later the ball was back with fabianski and he passed it out to Taylor and we started again, still with possession. At pretty much every other club the crowd would have been screaming at the players to get it in the mixer. Our fans applauded. You only have to look at Newcastle fans to see how little most English supporters understand about how the game should be played.

Trevor Brookings tried to change things, making it about skills instead of results at junior level, but he just hit a brick wall of ignorance.

The irony is players like Leon, routledge, dyer etc have shown that English players are capable, it's the whole English philosophy of how to play football that needs to change.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The England dna on 12:02 - Dec 5 with 3745 viewsDarran

The England dna on 11:54 - Dec 5 by sherpajacob

Let them continue with their deluded ways.

So many points to make on this one.

They are talking about instilling a philosophy to players from age 15 onwards. 15 is way too late. It starts with making youngsters comfortable with the ball at 6/7. So they aren't just told welly it when under pressure. Junior and parks football the most common shout from parents and coaches is still "get rid of it"

On Tuesday in the second half we were attacking on the edge of the qpr box, everybody was marked, so a few passes later the ball was back with fabianski and he passed it out to Taylor and we started again, still with possession. At pretty much every other club the crowd would have been screaming at the players to get it in the mixer. Our fans applauded. You only have to look at Newcastle fans to see how little most English supporters understand about how the game should be played.

Trevor Brookings tried to change things, making it about skills instead of results at junior level, but he just hit a brick wall of ignorance.

The irony is players like Leon, routledge, dyer etc have shown that English players are capable, it's the whole English philosophy of how to play football that needs to change.

Well that's not entirely true because we do get a few groans when the ball goes backwards sometimes but overall a good post.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The England dna on 12:17 - Dec 5 with 3724 views_

The England dna on 08:56 - Dec 5 by monmouth

The premier league is way over rated too. Bundesliga is light years ahead in ownership, fan engagement, skill and ethics.

Obviously the prem leads in bloat, self promotion and hubris. The latest 'Aguerro is the best in the world' tripe is embarrassing. Couldn't even get into the argie world cup team could he?

It is just another example of the 'we invented football' brigade who are stuck in the time warp of a lucky home world cup win nearly 60 years ago, way overestimating their current importance and entitlement. In fact, a lot of parallels with Cardiff, although sheer numbers should mean that England get lucky again at some stage.

I'm not so sure about this but of course you could very well be technically correct.

Also I'm not talking about ownership and fan engagement as that is just simply awe inspiring to see. I guess, however, all that may have evolved from seeing a passionate (sometimes too passionate) support in the English system and when England went abroad.

It's not just to us either and I know SKY do wonders in marketing the product but let's not knock the EPL too much. In short - it's just blydi epic. Well I love it anyway :-)

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Login to get fewer ads

The England dna on 12:23 - Dec 5 with 3704 viewsorion3016

The England dna on 11:00 - Dec 5 by Dyfnant

DNA, intelligence, philosophy... when does Brendan start.

I notice the word "group" used in the report a few times so he must be involved

Be over there now after

The England dna on 12:30 - Dec 5 with 3680 viewsDewi1jack

The England dna on 12:23 - Dec 5 by orion3016

I notice the word "group" used in the report a few times so he must be involved

I just thought they'd nicked and copied his dossier.
That must be bigger than War and Peace by now

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

The England dna on 12:34 - Dec 5 with 3670 viewsDyfnant

They could've shorten that nonsense down to 3 bullet points
*score
*don't concede
*win

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

The England dna on 13:02 - Dec 5 with 3632 viewsmonmouth

The England dna on 12:17 - Dec 5 by _

I'm not so sure about this but of course you could very well be technically correct.

Also I'm not talking about ownership and fan engagement as that is just simply awe inspiring to see. I guess, however, all that may have evolved from seeing a passionate (sometimes too passionate) support in the English system and when England went abroad.

It's not just to us either and I know SKY do wonders in marketing the product but let's not knock the EPL too much. In short - it's just blydi epic. Well I love it anyway :-)

Aye, I was talking generally in the context of improving the england team. I love it too and the drama and contrasting styles, but it always seems to be conflated by the press that 'the premier league is the best in the world' and so england should be too, whereas it is not the best at all in many ways, although it may well be the best to watch for many, especially when we are in it. I reckon we'd walk the bundesliga mind you.....

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The England dna on 13:15 - Dec 5 with 3595 views_

The England dna on 13:02 - Dec 5 by monmouth

Aye, I was talking generally in the context of improving the england team. I love it too and the drama and contrasting styles, but it always seems to be conflated by the press that 'the premier league is the best in the world' and so england should be too, whereas it is not the best at all in many ways, although it may well be the best to watch for many, especially when we are in it. I reckon we'd walk the bundesliga mind you.....

Well personally, I want everyone to big it up as much as possible. Whether they have just reason to or not. Big it up as the best in the world and they may just believe it.

We are getting carried along with the ride and deservedly so. We are very much a part of the BEST LEAGUE THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN!!

Swansea City FC, like.... Jesus Christ, effing brilliant;-)

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

The England dna on 14:51 - Dec 5 with 3505 viewsJethroJack

I've only seen bits & pieces on Sky but even that had me rolling in the aisles, eg. "Players must be taught to pass & receive the ball intelligently" is a sound bit of advice for starters.

Before that though, I hope they remembered to emphasise that....players must remember to put their boots on & learn how to tie their laces properly. Oh, and don't forget to take a ball with you, otherwise you'll be wondering what you're supposed to pass & receive.

Laughable & downright phucking embarrassing
The England dna on 23:53 - Dec 5 with 3404 viewswhiterock

Pick Leon and 10 others, simple
The England dna on 11:04 - Dec 6 with 3296 viewsQuakerJack

The England dna on 23:53 - Dec 5 by whiterock

Pick Leon and 10 others, simple

It's absolutely criminal that Leon hasn't had a call up... it's an indictment of English football that they consistently overlook him. They bow down to the likes of Pirlo yet they get a player who has the ability and consistently demonstrates that he can control the midfield, break up play, play a pass that keeps their team ticking over, yet they'd rather someone who will belt a ball fifty yards out of play or up to the big player up front, whose idea of tackling is to smash into Jonny Foreigner to let him know he's there.

They treated Le Tissier exactly the same, yet that was 15, 20 years ago, they haven't learnt, and now they've released this guff about DNA. They're the Cardiff of international football, they just don't get it at all.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024