Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gomis a goner? 08:19 - Jan 15 with 10872 viewsNOTRAC

In the Times today..
'Crystal Palace's attempts to sign a second striker this week rest on their willingness to improve their offer to Bafetimbi Gomis after edging closer to meetingSwansea City's £8m valuation.
Gomis earns £55,000 per week at the Liberty Stadium and is seeking an increase of £15,000 a week if he is to join the relegation battle in south London with Alan Pardew, the Crystal Palace manager who tried on several occasions to sign the France forward while at Newcastle United.
Swansea still owe Gomis a large chunk of the £8m signing on fee agreed when he joined on a free transfer from Lyons last summer which has led the South Wales club to demand the same amount as a fee from Palace'
The last paragraph,if true ,seems amazing!

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Gomis a goner? on 08:28 - Jan 15 with 7803 viewsParlay

Par for the course for a free transfer, instead of the club getting the transfer fee... He does.

I think the deal was £17m over the length of his contract.

if £8m was his signing on fee then his wages would be £9m over 4 years which works out at about 45k a week.

Im not sure of we would still owe him the fee if we sell him though. I think they are loyalty payments and paid in 4 equal parts for every year he is here. Or that is my understanding anyway. So not sure we would owe him it if he went to Palace.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Gomis a goner? on 08:35 - Jan 15 with 7802 viewsLord_Bony

Palace have been eyeing him up since he came here...they are desperate for him to complete the squad...

We should take this one seriously...it s down to Gomis if he wants to go.

As. Long as they pay the minimum £7mill release fee then there's not a lot we can do as I understand it....

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Gomis a goner? on 08:35 - Jan 15 with 7800 viewsswan_si

i thought when Gomis signed for us, it was reported that the contract had a buyout clause of 7 million, i find it hard to believe we paid 8 million for him, and then put his re-sale value at 7 million.
Gomis a goner? on 08:40 - Jan 15 with 7767 viewsswan_si

Gomis a goner? on 08:35 - Jan 15 by Lord_Bony

Palace have been eyeing him up since he came here...they are desperate for him to complete the squad...

We should take this one seriously...it s down to Gomis if he wants to go.

As. Long as they pay the minimum £7mill release fee then there's not a lot we can do as I understand it....

somebody posted on here the other day that, a release clause only kicks in at the end of the season, not in the january sales, not sure if that is true, watch this space, as they say.
Gomis a goner? on 08:58 - Jan 15 with 7668 viewsNeath_Jack

So, as with all these details, no one has any idea what we paid for him, how much he earns per week, and whether there is a release clause or not.

Madness to sell him now, whatever the details.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Gomis a goner? on 09:01 - Jan 15 with 7649 viewsmonmouth

Id like to see what Gomis can do, but a few people have commented on his greed and money motivation now. If true, it sickens me a bit. How much money do you need? To be as fair as I can to him though, if I was 29, had shedloads of dosh and moved to the UK from France, I'd want to live in London. Swansea unfortunately is not a location of first choice for these sort of blokes, beaches or no beaches.

So, who will score the goals then.....?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Gomis a goner? on 09:03 - Jan 15 with 7612 viewsParlay

Gomis a goner? on 08:58 - Jan 15 by Neath_Jack

So, as with all these details, no one has any idea what we paid for him, how much he earns per week, and whether there is a release clause or not.

Madness to sell him now, whatever the details.

Well we didn't pay anything for him. But the deal was £17m over 4 years and that is split between wages and singing on fee/loyalty bonus'. Depending on what you assume his wage is which id imagine is between 45k - 55k leaves a signing on fee of £7m - £8m.

As for the release clause, like Bony, nobody can say for sure but it seems like there is one.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Gomis a goner? on 09:11 - Jan 15 with 7587 views_

Gomis a goner? on 09:01 - Jan 15 by monmouth

Id like to see what Gomis can do, but a few people have commented on his greed and money motivation now. If true, it sickens me a bit. How much money do you need? To be as fair as I can to him though, if I was 29, had shedloads of dosh and moved to the UK from France, I'd want to live in London. Swansea unfortunately is not a location of first choice for these sort of blokes, beaches or no beaches.

Hmm I don't know about that, he's 29 and he's had two previous clubs. 8 years with one and 4 the other.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Login to get fewer ads

Gomis a goner? on 09:12 - Jan 15 with 7588 viewsNeath_Jack

Gomis a goner? on 09:03 - Jan 15 by Parlay

Well we didn't pay anything for him. But the deal was £17m over 4 years and that is split between wages and singing on fee/loyalty bonus'. Depending on what you assume his wage is which id imagine is between 45k - 55k leaves a signing on fee of £7m - £8m.

As for the release clause, like Bony, nobody can say for sure but it seems like there is one.

Can you give me the link to the official figures that were published please.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Gomis a goner? on 09:13 - Jan 15 with 7582 viewsPegojack

Of course, none of us knows what's going on behind the scenes - does he want to go or doesn't he, are there negotiations going on with other clubs or not, are we actively lining up a credible replacement if he is going, etc, etc.

Purely from a squad strength perspective though, i'm a little concerned. If Huw and Co think we can flog him and get by without a decent replacement until the summer, I think that would be a serious mis-calculation. They wouldn't do that, Shirley?
Gomis a goner? on 09:13 - Jan 15 with 7578 viewsNeath_Jack

Gomis a goner? on 09:01 - Jan 15 by monmouth

Very few players out there who are not driven by money mate. As long as he performs like he did in his last game for us, i'll be happy.

Gomis a goner? on 09:14 - Jan 15 with 7567 viewsmonmouth

Gomis a goner? on 09:11 - Jan 15 by _

Hmm I don't know about that, he's 29 and he's had two previous clubs. 8 years with one and 4 the other.

I don't know either, its just what a mate reckoned was what he's heard based in France and what some have said on here (yeah, I know), so very anecdotal. The London thing is just my own conjecture.

Gomis a goner? on 09:17 - Jan 15 with 7547 viewsmagicdaps10

If we get a striker in then i think he will be gone, all depending on us getting a high profile striker capable of taking up the mantle as no 1 striker.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Gomis a goner? on 09:19 - Jan 15 with 7533 viewsmonmouth

Gomis a goner? on 09:13 - Jan 15 by Neath_Jack

Very few players out there who are not driven by money mate. As long as he performs like he did in his last game for us, i'll be happy.

True, it is a total greed circus, and I'm sure if I was in it I'd probably have a different view!

Gomis a goner? on 09:19 - Jan 15 with 7527 viewsLeonisGod

Gomis a goner? on 09:11 - Jan 15 by _

Wisely spoken. But now you're letting the facts get in the way of a good old-fashioned speculation about contracts situation.

Forum's thrive on this sort of stuff don't they? As N_J says nobody knows the details yet are prepared to pedantically argue the toss about what they have guessed. He's not flitted around, seemed very happy to be the main man on Saturday and is the only proven striker we have. It would be madness to entertain an offer before the summer and I can't see why he would want to leave us for Palarse anyway now that he's no. 1. Unless we have a new no. 1 striker lined up.
Gomis a goner? on 09:50 - Jan 15 with 7402 viewsswan_si

don't worry lads and lasses, as THE song goes,

the skill, the flare, the fluency
will lead to where we're bound.
Gomis a goner? on 10:09 - Jan 15 with 7306 viewsmax936

Gomis a goner? on 09:13 - Jan 15 by Pegojack

Of course, none of us knows what's going on behind the scenes - does he want to go or doesn't he, are there negotiations going on with other clubs or not, are we actively lining up a credible replacement if he is going, etc, etc.

Purely from a squad strength perspective though, i'm a little concerned. If Huw and Co think we can flog him and get by without a decent replacement until the summer, I think that would be a serious mis-calculation. They wouldn't do that, Shirley?

We did before with Danny Graham Mike, we did have a fit and firing Michu then, but we ended up flogging him to death so to speak, would hope we wouldn't go fown that road again, but its just like us to do so.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Gomis a goner? on 10:35 - Jan 15 with 7156 viewstomdickharry

If we negotiated a deal that paid Gomis E£17M over 4 years we must have been crazy.
Gomis a goner? on 11:04 - Jan 15 with 7065 viewsNOTRAC

Gomis a goner? on 10:35 - Jan 15 by tomdickharry

If we negotiated a deal that paid Gomis E£17M over 4 years we must have been crazy.

Agree.
Either crazy or desperate.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Gomis a goner? on 11:04 - Jan 15 with 7056 viewsperchrockjack

Madness to sell basically only full on striker without having replacement in situ.

I d love to see Gomis take the mantle but if he wants to go its hard to stop as if we keep him to his contract he could well be a negative influence.

I d take Cisse though

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Gomis a goner? on 11:15 - Jan 15 with 7003 viewsCatullus

I was told by someone (yes it's a relative of a friend who works at the club, so a large pinch of salt required!) that he got close to 4 million signing on and 75k p/w.

Regardless, I think Monk wants to keep him, or so he has said anyway. Unless we have a deal or two lined up and it's a bluff, I doubt he's going anywhere. At least until the summer.

Palace haven't actually made an approach, have they? It could well just be more made up crap. Or maybe Palace are scared off by our valuation.

Who knows, I certainly don't.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Gomis a goner? on 11:31 - Jan 15 with 6905 viewsperchrockjack

I d also,without wishing to invoke any discord, suggest our people have a good record of buying and selling in general.

We re trusting they serve us well

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Gomis a goner? on 11:32 - Jan 15 with 6905 viewsswan_si

the Daily Mail are reporting that Borussia Dortmond and Schalke are also interested in signing Gomis.
Gomis a goner? on 11:48 - Jan 15 with 6859 viewsDieLoo

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/94474-2015011594474
Gomis a goner? on 12:20 - Jan 15 with 6730 viewsDevz00

Gomis a goner? on 11:48 - Jan 15 by DieLoo

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/94474-2015011594474

Brilliant.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024