Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
whats your experience of the police 11:11 - Mar 7 with 26888 viewslibertine

recently I've had a bit of a negative image of the police, I believe they've got to messed up with political correctness, the reports I've made to them have involved race issues and they would not go near my complaints even insinuating that I was some sort of bigot.

I don't think that they should go back to the 80's police force as they became Margarets private army, they loved her with the 10% pay rise they got.

But I must say that when I really needed help as one of my kids went missing, the police behaved fantastically, efficient emphatic amazingly sharp, I felt safe in their hands.

I've had a couple of bad experiences in the past with obnoxious plastics, who just wanted to have a bit of power.

But the experience when they helped find my daughter completely6 puts thiings in perspective, it made me realise, what the hell would I have done if there were no police.

whats your experience with the police?
whats your experience of the police on 11:51 - Mar 7 with 7995 viewsLord_Bony

Come on Perchie....

[Post edited 7 Mar 2015 11:52]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

whats your experience of the police on 13:32 - Mar 7 with 7917 viewsjackforever

As a football fan fecking shocking.
whats your experience of the police on 13:34 - Mar 7 with 7915 viewsshimmie

I'm staying out of this. In the same way that I left this forum on countless occasions, but something reels me back in...
Glad you got a good response when your daughter was missing mate. The vocal minority hate us but we do a lot more harm than good. I do anyway...
whats your experience of the police on 13:42 - Mar 7 with 7902 viewsskippyjack

Most are more dense than me.. We do have a few with a brain though.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

whats your experience of the police on 13:46 - Mar 7 with 7890 viewsperchrockjack

They re human beings and therefore feck it up from time to time.

What anti police posters should bear in mind is they are trusted infinitely more than solicitors, accountants, taxi drivers etc etc.

Problem is when they screw up, it's often life changing.

Uou re never going to get any police force in any country to be liked. It's not their job to be liked and sadly too many chief constables want to feel loved.

Police have to do the dirty work and it's a dirty world out there.

Me.. I've had plenty of run ins since retiring and being an ex police officer makes no difference trust me.

I was a very hard boss, a good thief taker relentless in pursuit of career criminals and at times fearless , which was daft really.
Without doubt police were used by thatcher but we all have to live with our past. This differs from scum like barristers and bent accountants.
That s it

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

whats your experience of the police on 13:51 - Mar 7 with 7890 viewstwotimejack

To be a copper I think you should be whiter than white, I personally know 5 police officers and none of them are fit to do the job.

Poll: Is Garry the right man to take the club on to the next level

whats your experience of the police on 14:17 - Mar 7 with 7860 viewsSwanjack10

whats your experience of the police on 13:51 - Mar 7 by twotimejack

To be a copper I think you should be whiter than white, I personally know 5 police officers and none of them are fit to do the job.

Phuck the police,they do things and sort situations thats suits them, i hate paying council tax as i dont want or need them,im all for everyhousehold for itself and id love to drug swab a copper for a drug test,back in the day the oldbill would atleast give you a good chase on foot,but now they to fat and lazy to do it acab.

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

whats your experience of the police on 14:23 - Mar 7 with 7845 viewsperchrockjack

So we scrap the police then.

Good idea.

We'll leave policing to the drug cartels then.

Don't know why they bother at all really.

Predictable thread so like shimmie, a fellow drud stealer, shuite house and thick, I'm out of here so spit away

Login to get fewer ads

whats your experience of the police on 14:48 - Mar 7 with 7822 viewsjackforever

Shame so many lose their heads and actually believe their own self importance. Its a job nothing more. Of course there are plenty of brilliant officers out there but feck me the amount of ignorant arrogant bullies there are in our police force is incredible. Always been bent look at the miscarriage of justice, Hillsborough etc. The institutionalised racism and internal bullying. Thankfully though they do on the whole far far more good than bad.
whats your experience of the police on 15:28 - Mar 7 with 7790 viewsRancid

It all depends on what your dealings are with them.Commit a crime and they're bastards.Be on the end of one and they're great.In my younger days I hated them but as you get older and less troublesome you begin to understand and respect them more.
whats your experience of the police on 15:40 - Mar 7 with 7775 viewsshimmie

whats your experience of the police on 14:17 - Mar 7 by Swanjack10

Phuck the police,they do things and sort situations thats suits them, i hate paying council tax as i dont want or need them,im all for everyhousehold for itself and id love to drug swab a copper for a drug test,back in the day the oldbill would atleast give you a good chase on foot,but now they to fat and lazy to do it acab.

Most know how to use a full stop though. And what your describing is basically what the riots were with single parent mothers having their houses torched in Croydon. The weak will always be set upon by some if there is no fear of consequence. And I'll happily race you over any distance you want. We can finish up with a few rounds sparring if you want. And you 100% hold me to that. I'm home Easter weekend. Oh and I got drug tested this week, my whole team did.
whats your experience of the police on 15:50 - Mar 7 with 7758 viewsshimmie

whats your experience of the police on 13:51 - Mar 7 by twotimejack

If you're whiter than white you're probably fairly naive. The saying it takes a crook to catch a crook certainly rings true. A sheltered idealist will have rings run round them by your average criminal. I see it regularly. Great behind a desk but as a street copper god awful.
whats your experience of the police on 15:55 - Mar 7 with 7748 viewsshimmie

whats your experience of the police on 14:48 - Mar 7 by jackforever

Shame so many lose their heads and actually believe their own self importance. Its a job nothing more. Of course there are plenty of brilliant officers out there but feck me the amount of ignorant arrogant bullies there are in our police force is incredible. Always been bent look at the miscarriage of justice, Hillsborough etc. The institutionalised racism and internal bullying. Thankfully though they do on the whole far far more good than bad.

Can't argue with any of that. I always work on the basis of "would I say this if I was on my own in a pub speaking to this person". Some coppers would be f**k all if it wasn't for what they do for a living.
whats your experience of the police on 16:02 - Mar 7 with 7734 viewsmonmouth

They were utterly sh1t in Leeds in 1977, but Sting hadn't really come to terms with his limitations at that time.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

whats your experience of the police on 16:13 - Mar 7 with 7708 viewsSwanjack10

whats your experience of the police on 15:40 - Mar 7 by shimmie

Most know how to use a full stop though. And what your describing is basically what the riots were with single parent mothers having their houses torched in Croydon. The weak will always be set upon by some if there is no fear of consequence. And I'll happily race you over any distance you want. We can finish up with a few rounds sparring if you want. And you 100% hold me to that. I'm home Easter weekend. Oh and I got drug tested this week, my whole team did.

Well a copper must be really good if he knows how to use a full stop,so shimmie you want a bout row in the ring easter,i tell you what mush,im cherishing the idea ,pm your mobile and we go from there,police are just government tooled up clowns,thats my opinion,theres a difference from your mrs who did a fab job to the regular jokes on foot or in patrol cars,my mates brother got smashed up by local shop not long ago,the police were phoned but no help,we had to sort it!!!!explain that.

whats your experience of the police on 16:19 - Mar 7 with 7686 viewsTreforys_Jack

whats your experience of the police on 14:17 - Mar 7 by Swanjack10

So what happens to single households, or the weaker members of society. Survival of the fittest hmmmmm interesting.
whats your experience of the police on 16:23 - Mar 7 with 7673 viewsDarran

whats your experience of the police on 16:13 - Mar 7 by Swanjack10

Well a copper must be really good if he knows how to use a full stop,so shimmie you want a bout row in the ring easter,i tell you what mush,im cherishing the idea ,pm your mobile and we go from there,police are just government tooled up clowns,thats my opinion,theres a difference from your mrs who did a fab job to the regular jokes on foot or in patrol cars,my mates brother got smashed up by local shop not long ago,the police were phoned but no help,we had to sort it!!!!explain that.

F*ck my eyes Shimmie will probably get sacked if he goes in the ring against someone five foot tall mun.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

whats your experience of the police on 16:31 - Mar 7 with 7651 viewsImAlrightJack

whats your experience of the police on 15:28 - Mar 7 by Rancid

It all depends on what your dealings are with them.Commit a crime and they're bastards.Be on the end of one and they're great.In my younger days I hated them but as you get older and less troublesome you begin to understand and respect them more.

A friend of mine was mugged of 10 pounds and 5 euros and tried to take his wallet, and threatened to hurt him if he didn't stop struggling. This was in 2006 outside the London Astoria, which had an alleyway the druggies loved. He phoned the Police and made no real effort to help him, trying to make him think he brought the situation on himself, when all along they're letting a thug go wild and free.

Depends on the crime really.
whats your experience of the police on 16:33 - Mar 7 with 7645 viewsImAlrightJack

whats your experience of the police on 15:55 - Mar 7 by shimmie

Can't argue with any of that. I always work on the basis of "would I say this if I was on my own in a pub speaking to this person". Some coppers would be f**k all if it wasn't for what they do for a living.

In my grandfathers day, a war ended and the Police would need you to be Cream of the Crop to be in their force. If you fought in the war, they'd have you for certain just like my Grandfather.

These days Policemen and Policewomen would cry if they had a General/Corporal/Sargent Major shouting insulting sentences in their faces, unlike officers in my Grandfather's day.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2015 16:35]
whats your experience of the police on 16:43 - Mar 7 with 7623 viewsSwanjack10

whats your experience of the police on 16:33 - Mar 7 by ImAlrightJack

In my grandfathers day, a war ended and the Police would need you to be Cream of the Crop to be in their force. If you fought in the war, they'd have you for certain just like my Grandfather.

These days Policemen and Policewomen would cry if they had a General/Corporal/Sargent Major shouting insulting sentences in their faces, unlike officers in my Grandfather's day.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2015 16:35]

Great post.

whats your experience of the police on 16:51 - Mar 7 with 7597 viewsSwanjack10

whats your experience of the police on 13:46 - Mar 7 by perchrockjack

They re human beings and therefore feck it up from time to time.

What anti police posters should bear in mind is they are trusted infinitely more than solicitors, accountants, taxi drivers etc etc.

Problem is when they screw up, it's often life changing.

Uou re never going to get any police force in any country to be liked. It's not their job to be liked and sadly too many chief constables want to feel loved.

Police have to do the dirty work and it's a dirty world out there.

Me.. I've had plenty of run ins since retiring and being an ex police officer makes no difference trust me.

I was a very hard boss, a good thief taker relentless in pursuit of career criminals and at times fearless , which was daft really.
Without doubt police were used by thatcher but we all have to live with our past. This differs from scum like barristers and bent accountants.
That s it

Their job is a service for everyone,and should be liked,there is probably good police officers with a heart,but trust me ,not many,a nice policeman switches off after his or her shift,but most of the c unts are mentally in force 24/7,id trust a gypsys dog before any of them!!!!

whats your experience of the police on 16:57 - Mar 7 with 7588 viewsAquinas

Police at football are awful. They have no consideration for the fans.

Applying for banning orders etc because they know they do not have enough evidence to get a criminal conviction.

I have no faith in the police force.
whats your experience of the police on 17:03 - Mar 7 with 7571 viewspremierjack

whats your experience of the police on 16:51 - Mar 7 by Swanjack10

Their job is a service for everyone,and should be liked,there is probably good police officers with a heart,but trust me ,not many,a nice policeman switches off after his or her shift,but most of the c unts are mentally in force 24/7,id trust a gypsys dog before any of them!!!!

In my opinion to many police officers "like the power' and they think that are better than everyone else!

Having said that I know 2 police officers that great guys, getting their job didnt change them 1 bit. I also know some that were nice guys and totally changed when they got their job and are complete pricks now.

I once worked with a nice fella, he told me that he was a police officer before we worked together but quit because all his old friends treated him different, stop asking him to the pub and he lost touch.... He quit and things went back to normal.... Quite sad really!

One other thing and its just my opinion, I notice quite a lot of out of shape (fat) officers walking the street and picking up a kebab on the evening weekend street. I'm not against fat ppl at all but as police...?? Surely this is a problem when they have to chase the local car thief down the road??
whats your experience of the police on 17:07 - Mar 7 with 7566 viewslibertine

the force don't do themselves any favours, there are some right little hitlers in the force who have been bullied in life and want to take their revenge.

this comment was made to me recently

Mark is one of the good ones, he takes them down the back street in wind street and gives the bastards a good hiding. FFS

There are idiots in the force no doubt and I had an opinion like most of you guys unti l ireally needed them and as I said they were exceptional absolutely f in brilliant

So for you guys whos kids go missin, just like mine,g what would you do without the old bill, How would you find your kids??????

My opinion has changed, but I accept there are some losers in the force
whats your experience of the police on 17:10 - Mar 7 with 7560 viewsperchrockjack

Russy.

Serious post coming up.

I found it hard to switch off mainly as it was sharp end stuff and very tricky people involved many of them local politicians and ACPO officers who were often out for their own ends.

That said, I can redress the balance by saying Ive seen several acts of unbelievable bravery and public service which naturally wouldn't go on to a thread like this. PEOPLE ONLY COMMENT when its bad policing ;fact is majority really are fine people and still the most trusted profession, I mean would you seriously trust a Surveyor/Solicitor/ Accountant/ 100 %?

It s a job that sadly involves family. I ve had my kids watched at the school gates and been followed home many many times to such an extent I did a new route virtually every week and detoured miles out of my way. Fact I had a very fast motor bike helped when I got spotted at a Red Light and fecked off as a baseball bat was getting grabbed from a back seat passenger.

Do I miss it? Do I feck? would I have have rathered chosen to do something else for over 20 years . Indeed

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024