Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
strikes 21:47 - May 12 with 11978 viewsNogginthenog

Say goodbye to legitimate strikes and hello to exploitative employers.what a shower this new govt will be.
strikes on 21:49 - May 12 with 3095 viewsjackportis

Stiles are prehistoric. Speak to your employer not a union. It's 2015. Shirkers and militants use unions. Get rid.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

strikes on 22:11 - May 12 with 3068 viewsjackrabbit

50% participation in a strike vote and a 40% majority in favour before a strike can take place?

That's fair and very reasonable. Bob Crow is dead and so should be his type of industrial leadership. Time to dump 70s ideology.
strikes on 22:18 - May 12 with 3050 viewsNogginthenog

strikes on 21:49 - May 12 by jackportis

Stiles are prehistoric. Speak to your employer not a union. It's 2015. Shirkers and militants use unions. Get rid.

Yes of course, speak to the employer that prefers you to be on a zero contract because it suits his business to maximise his profits. At the same time increasing the huge gap between rich and poor. Only 2 replies to the thread and it already shows why the Tories won. Strikes are far from prehistoric and are as relevant today as they ever were. Erosion of workers rights cannot be a good thing. Unless of course you want to hark back to Dickensian times.
strikes on 22:21 - May 12 with 3042 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

This could actually back fire for these c@nts and make working people stronger.

They are in power with only 37%of the vote

How ironic .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

strikes on 22:26 - May 12 with 3037 viewsCottsy

strikes on 22:11 - May 12 by jackrabbit

50% participation in a strike vote and a 40% majority in favour before a strike can take place?

That's fair and very reasonable. Bob Crow is dead and so should be his type of industrial leadership. Time to dump 70s ideology.

But someone can be elected as a Police & Crime Commissioner on a £100k pa salary with less than 15% participation in the vote.

Seems fair.

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

strikes on 22:36 - May 12 with 3019 viewsHighjack

strikes on 22:21 - May 12 by oh_tommy_tommy

This could actually back fire for these c@nts and make working people stronger.

They are in power with only 37%of the vote

How ironic .

Labours 1997 percentage of the votes was only around 42% and that was the biggest majority in modern history.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

strikes on 10:41 - May 13 with 2927 viewsexiledclaseboy

strikes on 22:36 - May 12 by Highjack

Labours 1997 percentage of the votes was only around 42% and that was the biggest majority in modern history.

Yup. It was crap then and it's crap now.

If the plans to make strike ballots were applied to Parliamentary elections most of the MPs elected last week would be considered illegitimate. As would Cameron's majority government. Rank hypocrisy.

Poll: Tory leader

strikes on 11:23 - May 13 with 2911 viewsLohengrin

strikes on 10:41 - May 13 by exiledclaseboy

Yup. It was crap then and it's crap now.

If the plans to make strike ballots were applied to Parliamentary elections most of the MPs elected last week would be considered illegitimate. As would Cameron's majority government. Rank hypocrisy.

That's the game.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Login to get fewer ads

strikes on 11:40 - May 13 with 2901 viewsjackonicko

As a Londoner regularly inconvenienced by strikes brought by a low proportion of workers, I'm happy to see changes that require a greater turnout and level of popular support.

However, I'm concerned by some of the other proposals - such as allowing employers to bring in agency workers to cover striking employees. That just seems wrong. If you have a proper mandate for strike as required by the proposed new rules, then employers shouldn't then have an extra, get out of jail free card.
strikes on 13:07 - May 13 with 2868 viewsepaul

Absolutely boils mny p*ss some of the crap spoken, Industruial action viz striking is a fundemental and basic human right everyone should have the right to strike against explotative employers. I led the strike action for Police staff in 2010 against the govt attacking pensions and redundancy and am damn well proud I did it.
Some people will just bend over and and dpo what employers tell them, f*ck that grow a pair who cares if people strike, what are they striking for fairer pay and conditions, is that really to much to ask.

Solidarity to all those who legitimately taking strike action, got my support everytime. I can handle a longer bus journey into work once in a while

All people do is whinge about how hard it is to get to work, just f*ck off is it.

This lot now running the country are a hypocritical bunch of c*nts, if thats the way they want it then it should be the same rules for elections.

Another disgrace is the last red tory govt not repealing Th*****s anti trade union laws another bunch of c*nts

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

strikes on 13:31 - May 13 with 2842 viewspikeypaul

Thatcher used the police as her enforcers during the miners strike then gave massive pay rises to them,very funny to hear them whinge like babies when the shoe was on the other foot f'ecking hypocrites.

The country voted the Conservatives in and should now accept it after all I think we all agree on democracy .

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

strikes on 13:43 - May 13 with 2829 viewsHighjack

Strikes are a complete anachronism. They were relevant in the days where people were going to work not knowing whether they'd come back alive as they would be forced to work in collapsing mines, or work with machines that could take their limbs off at any given moment only to find out at the end of the day they were being paid an absolute pittance.

These days it's teachers sitting in a nice warm classroom complaining that they are only going to get a 5 and a half week long summer holiday in Mauritius instead of 6 or that they've cut the tea budget.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

strikes on 13:52 - May 13 with 2817 viewslondonlisa2001

strikes on 13:07 - May 13 by epaul

Absolutely boils mny p*ss some of the crap spoken, Industruial action viz striking is a fundemental and basic human right everyone should have the right to strike against explotative employers. I led the strike action for Police staff in 2010 against the govt attacking pensions and redundancy and am damn well proud I did it.
Some people will just bend over and and dpo what employers tell them, f*ck that grow a pair who cares if people strike, what are they striking for fairer pay and conditions, is that really to much to ask.

Solidarity to all those who legitimately taking strike action, got my support everytime. I can handle a longer bus journey into work once in a while

All people do is whinge about how hard it is to get to work, just f*ck off is it.

This lot now running the country are a hypocritical bunch of c*nts, if thats the way they want it then it should be the same rules for elections.

Another disgrace is the last red tory govt not repealing Th*****s anti trade union laws another bunch of c*nts

I agree that industrial action is a fundamental right.

However, this also means that it should be treated with respect as an action, and not used as a first resort.

Describing some of the action that the tube drivers take as 'striking for fairer pay and conditions' is absolute bull. How fair do you want their pay? £52k plus a year basic not enough?

I have a very close friend who drives a tube on the Piccadilly line and the intimidation and threats that they receive from the union officials are far worse than their treatment by TfL. The majority of drivers hate the action that they take and hate the union, but if they complain or try to do anything about it, they get treated like absolute crap.
Short shifts for the 'union favourites', never scheduled on the shifts no one wants, constant overtime for the favourites, threats to the working lives of those that don't want to strike etc etc. Wake up and see the reality.

Some of the unions' behaviours are shocking, and far more exploitative than the behaviours of the employers in the first place. They are often the biggest bunch of hypocrites in the entire circus.
strikes on 13:58 - May 13 with 2802 viewsjackonicko

strikes on 13:07 - May 13 by epaul

"All people do is whinge about how hard it is to get to work, just f*ck off is it."

Of course, I well remember the (multiple) tube strike that were called by the tube drivers who were complaining precisely on the grounds that it was hard to get to work.

The irony of that wasn't lost on me.
strikes on 14:05 - May 13 with 2793 viewsHighjack

strikes on 13:52 - May 13 by londonlisa2001

However, this also means that it should be treated with respect as an action, and not used as a first resort.

Describing some of the action that the tube drivers take as 'striking for fairer pay and conditions' is absolute bull. How fair do you want their pay? £52k plus a year basic not enough?

I have a very close friend who drives a tube on the Piccadilly line and the intimidation and threats that they receive from the union officials are far worse than their treatment by TfL. The majority of drivers hate the action that they take and hate the union, but if they complain or try to do anything about it, they get treated like absolute crap.
Short shifts for the 'union favourites', never scheduled on the shifts no one wants, constant overtime for the favourites, threats to the working lives of those that don't want to strike etc etc. Wake up and see the reality.

Some of the unions' behaviours are shocking, and far more exploitative than the behaviours of the employers in the first place. They are often the biggest bunch of hypocrites in the entire circus.

Good points.

Also have to mention the ludicrous salaries and bonuses the union leaders cream off for themselves.

strikes on 14:11 - May 13 with 2781 viewscontroversial_jack

What a load of rubbish from someone who has probably never worked in industry. I have been a member of various trade unions for over 40 years, and never once have I heard of any intimidation towards members by any union officials. It simply can't and doesn't happen!
strikes on 14:13 - May 13 with 2778 viewslondonlisa2001

strikes on 14:11 - May 13 by controversial_jack

What a load of rubbish from someone who has probably never worked in industry. I have been a member of various trade unions for over 40 years, and never once have I heard of any intimidation towards members by any union officials. It simply can't and doesn't happen!

You're wrong (on both counts).
strikes on 14:53 - May 13 with 2753 viewsepaul

strikes on 13:43 - May 13 by Highjack

Strikes are a complete anachronism. They were relevant in the days where people were going to work not knowing whether they'd come back alive as they would be forced to work in collapsing mines, or work with machines that could take their limbs off at any given moment only to find out at the end of the day they were being paid an absolute pittance.

These days it's teachers sitting in a nice warm classroom complaining that they are only going to get a 5 and a half week long summer holiday in Mauritius instead of 6 or that they've cut the tea budget.

Absolute rubbish about teachers, many of my friends and family are and its not like that at all

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

strikes on 14:58 - May 13 with 2746 viewsepaul

Fully agree Lisa that it is a last resort and important that its there
Dont agree though that they intimidate, manY many members are greatful for reps who will actually stand up to management and not be a yes man or a withering flower, I certauinly wasnt.

Unions use the tactics at hand, management do as well, I found management behaviour to members far far worse

As for Union learders pay that someone mentioned, voted for by the membership.

Long live the memory of Bob Crow

It makes me laugh that the people who whinge about strikes is because they dont get a pay rise.....join a union!!!

strikes on 15:07 - May 13 with 2736 viewsraynor94

strikes on 14:11 - May 13 by controversial_jack

You were never involved with the num then?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

strikes on 15:08 - May 13 with 2734 viewscontroversial_jack

It's illegal for unions to lead, they must have a mandate from the branch to take any action whatsoever and then there are strict prolonged procedures that the union has to go through before taking any Industrial action To suggest that Officials can intimidate is so far wide of the truth that it becomes laughable
strikes on 15:10 - May 13 with 2730 viewslondonlisa2001

strikes on 14:58 - May 13 by epaul

Fully agree Lisa that it is a last resort and important that its there
Dont agree though that they intimidate, manY many members are greatful for reps who will actually stand up to management and not be a yes man or a withering flower, I certauinly wasnt.

Unions use the tactics at hand, management do as well, I found management behaviour to members far far worse

As for Union learders pay that someone mentioned, voted for by the membership.

Long live the memory of Bob Crow

It makes me laugh that the people who whinge about strikes is because they dont get a pay rise.....join a union!!!

Paul, I believe that the right to strike is important and vital and certainly wouldn't like to see it withdrawn in any way (I have issues about strikes for emergency services, but that is a different matter).

Of course, certain unions behave impeccably and act in the best interests of their members and are helpful and actually quite progressive in their dealing with 'management'. In many cases they work together to take the company forward, and understand commercial realities.

But, as I said before, I know that in other cases there is significant intimidation. I mentioned the tube drivers, and I know from my friend, who is a long standing Piccadilly line driver, that they have seen at first hand, shift patterns being altered by the union reps to 'punish' drivers that are not felt to be onside, advantageous overtime arrangements for the 'big union supporters', intimidation of some staff on discrimination grounds and so on.

The problem with people like Bob Crow as well (and, funnily enough I was in a meeting yesterday with someone who worked with him extensively before his passing), was that he would sit in meetings with 'management' and they would come to a consensual agreement about a solution to a particular issue, and within 10 minutes of leaving the meeting, he would completely go back on his word and announce industrial action. There was always an assumption that his word wasn't worth anything. That makes it almost impossible to deal with, as a company, as you can't plan for anything. A lot of it was to do with personal publicity and ego.
strikes on 15:24 - May 13 with 2716 viewslondonlisa2001

strikes on 15:07 - May 13 by raynor94

quite.
strikes on 16:50 - May 13 with 2679 viewscontroversial_jack

strikes on 15:24 - May 13 by londonlisa2001

quite.

That was 30 years ago, It's not like that now. Most of the intimidation then came from the police state and it's apparatus
strikes on 16:51 - May 13 with 2677 viewscontroversial_jack

strikes on 15:07 - May 13 by raynor94

Neither were you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024