Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
strikes 21:47 - May 12 with 12111 viewsNogginthenog

Say goodbye to legitimate strikes and hello to exploitative employers.what a shower this new govt will be.
strikes on 14:28 - May 15 with 1244 viewslondonlisa2001

strikes on 13:27 - May 15 by Lohengrin

Was she sober?

wouldn't be the only one in that party who had a struggle with keeping sober at appropriate times if rumours are correct.
strikes on 17:50 - May 15 with 1200 viewsperchrockjack

What boils my piss is and were union leaders, there for their colleagues , who used it for political purposes ie to bring down a government they THEY didn't like.

Bob Crow .. what a feckn surprise to see him eulogised. His attitude killed this country stone dead.

There is no middle ground in this country and that s what buggers it up. Its either class ,school or parentage ;its so pitiful its unreal. Some on here haven't moved on from the 20s/30s.

We had union leaders who were directly responsible for jobs being lost, people losing their businesses and homes purely because of their obsessive filthy selfish myopic attitude.

Reason why countries like Germany left is behind was because they had much fewer unions, no rabble rousing knobs like Crow and his gang, but unions with real power with responsibility ;management too didn't have so many cretins obsessed with keeping the "worker" down.

Clearly some of us haven't learned

I ve not mentioned the venal working class lad made good ,Harold Wilson and the sly snide vicious bastard he was.

next

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

strikes on 17:58 - May 15 with 1200 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

strikes on 12:28 - May 15 by perchrockjack

Stalin, A communist -left wing-much revered by some, a butcher of his own people who had a very good lifestyle while the comrades eeked out a living in fear of being sent to a Gulag, one who had hi own war agenda and who s army were barbarism personified;YET people see right wing as the Devil.

Plenty of evil right wing dictators and equally many left wing.

UNONS? I was in one and found them utterly useless at a time when the big Unions were the ones who mattered to the TUC , ones who had power, Jones, Scanlon, Jenkins, Scargill, Buckton were utterly disinterested in the country as a whole and were only really interested in their members. THESE PEOPLE were responsible for the chaos, bitterness,divisions that plagued the 70s and which led to Margaret T coming with a clear mandate to smash the union hierarchy. Without the union fascist leaders THATCHER would not have been elected and would not have caused the pain she did.

The British public have neither forgotten or forgiven these people and its why anything remotely left wing LABOUR will not be elected in this country EVER.

The electorate aren't that stupid .

right wing labour didnt stand a chance either

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

strikes on 18:00 - May 15 with 1199 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

strikes on 14:26 - May 15 by londonlisa2001

Oh, this is classic.

The union subs (flat rate) for the UK's biggest Union, Unite are £13.84 per month at the rate they encourage everyone to use and £13.19 per month at what they call 'basic rate - no additional protection'. These are paid by anyone that works over 21 hours per week (irrespective of income, which is not very progressive is it, but that's a different matter).

This falls into the category of "they can afford it alright - it's simple, they don't want to join" or "I've got no sympathy for people that don't join the Union".

The average value of a foodbank parcel for 5 days breakfast, lunch and dinner (according to the Trussell Trust) is £11.46. Standard foodbank parcels are for 3 days, so would be less.

That, however, falls into the category of "scummy Tory b**tards, killing people who can't afford to eat, even though a lot of them are in work".

Does the value of money change then when it goes towards Union subs?

That sort of thinking is why this country overwhelmingly rejected the Labour party a week ago, whether in favour of the SNP, Conservatives or UKIP.

unions subs & food bank parcels.

Wow just wow.

For some one who i class as quite intelligent

that was a classic fair play.

strikes on 19:11 - May 15 with 1180 viewscontroversial_jack

strikes on 13:46 - May 15 by Highjack

I'm not twisting anything. you've just admitted that your union won't help someone who doesn't pay. Lots of people are struggling for cash and that 0.6% might make more of a difference to them and their families in their pockets. What if someone is on long term sickness and facing the chop and isn't earning and needs to save as much cash as they can for medicine? What about the part time student just working for a bit of cash who is getting bullied by an evil fat cat? You would happily turf them out because they aren't willing to fund the union bosses extravagant lifestyle?

It really is all about money. The union bosses well and truely have their snouts in the trough. I've no doubt that your intentions are honourable and there'll be lots of people in it for the right reasons but the soul has gone from it.

I never sink to this level, but I will make an exception here.If you cannot understand why someone who isn't a member by choice shouldn't be represented, you must be as dull as dogshit!
strikes on 19:23 - May 15 with 1174 viewslondonlisa2001

strikes on 18:00 - May 15 by oh_tommy_tommy

unions subs & food bank parcels.

Wow just wow.

For some one who i class as quite intelligent

that was a classic fair play.

The point being made is that the amount being so airily dismissed as completely affordable by everyone by our union supporters may actually be very significant to some people as it can be the difference between having food to feed themselves or not!
Some people may not have a spare £13 or so every month. Don't they deserve more than 'Ive no sympathy' then?
strikes on 19:25 - May 15 with 1173 viewsJackfath

Did I say I loathe SCABS.

Bastards.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

strikes on 20:02 - May 15 with 1144 viewsHighjack

strikes on 19:11 - May 15 by controversial_jack

I never sink to this level, but I will make an exception here.If you cannot understand why someone who isn't a member by choice shouldn't be represented, you must be as dull as dogshit!

And if you can't understand the irony of unions being set up to combat these big greedy profit making multi-national companies only for the unions themselves to become big greedy profit making organisations with their leaders on more money than CEO's of multi-national companies then you have probably sunk as low as you're going to get in life.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

strikes on 20:04 - May 15 with 1141 viewsexiledclaseboy

strikes on 20:02 - May 15 by Highjack

And if you can't understand the irony of unions being set up to combat these big greedy profit making multi-national companies only for the unions themselves to become big greedy profit making organisations with their leaders on more money than CEO's of multi-national companies then you have probably sunk as low as you're going to get in life.

How is a union supposed to have the means to represent its members if it wasn't collecting subs?

Poll: Tory leader

strikes on 20:06 - May 15 with 1142 viewsHighjack

Just an example, Bob Crow was on £145,000 a year basic plus bonuses and expenses and yet was paying half the market rate on a taxpayer subsidised house. Yet unions would supposedly turn away people who have asked for help just in case they cancel their subscription as soon as their issue is resolved.

Power to the workers....

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

strikes on 20:14 - May 15 with 1138 viewsTreforys_Jack

strikes on 20:17 - May 13 by epaul

Spot on fathy nothing worse than a scab fair enough if someone does not wish to be a member thats there choice, however there is nothing worse than a scab

Surely you're only labelled a scab if your in the union and cross the picket line. If you're not in the union are you still a scab ?
strikes on 20:15 - May 15 with 1135 viewsHighjack

strikes on 20:04 - May 15 by exiledclaseboy

How is a union supposed to have the means to represent its members if it wasn't collecting subs?

They don't just collect enough money to represent their members though do they? They are obviously collecting far too much if their leaders are living the champagne lifestyle. Not to mention the fact they've donated £120 million to the Labour party in the last decade.

They are raking it in and they have become the very thing they first set out to bring down.

strikes on 20:24 - May 15 with 1124 viewsexiledclaseboy

strikes on 20:15 - May 15 by Highjack

They don't just collect enough money to represent their members though do they? They are obviously collecting far too much if their leaders are living the champagne lifestyle. Not to mention the fact they've donated £120 million to the Labour party in the last decade.

They are raking it in and they have become the very thing they first set out to bring down.

Don't disagree with the first point. It reeks of hypocrisy. On the Labour Party donations, the two have been inextricably linked since the former's inception. I believe, although I could be wrong, that union members can opt out of political donations if they want. And of course not all unions are affiliated to Labour.

I left my Union some years ago on account of the leadership being far more interested in furthering its own political ambitions than representing the members properly. It's not a decision I regret.

Poll: Tory leader

strikes on 20:25 - May 15 with 1123 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

strikes on 20:24 - May 15 by exiledclaseboy

Don't disagree with the first point. It reeks of hypocrisy. On the Labour Party donations, the two have been inextricably linked since the former's inception. I believe, although I could be wrong, that union members can opt out of political donations if they want. And of course not all unions are affiliated to Labour.

I left my Union some years ago on account of the leadership being far more interested in furthering its own political ambitions than representing the members properly. It's not a decision I regret.

you can indeed opt out.

strikes on 09:24 - May 16 with 1077 viewsperchrockjack

I note few are willing to defend the way Unions brought Thatcher into power.

As regards the POLICE ,the Edmund Davies enquiry into POLICE agreed something radical had to be done as the bobbies were leaving in droves ,morale rock bottom which leads to poor policing .
Thatcher ,being the clever bitch she was, simply implemented it and took the credit.

Jesus ,we really do have so many loops on here that have been fed bullshite down the years

strikes on 11:43 - May 16 with 1061 viewslibertine

the union have to draw the line somewhere and subs is it, if the subs were voluntary then most people would prefer to keep the money in their own pocket.

long term sick don't have to pay their subs.

My father was a shop steward (60's 70'S) who made a big noise for workers rights, he realised that the bosses treated him with more respect the more vocal he became, going out for lavish meals all paid for courtesy of the company, weekends away all paid, for lots of freebies. He eventually became one of the bosses himself after several quick steps up the ladder. It was a tactical move by the bosses get that loud mouth on side, he saw it happen several times with other big mouths.

when I became shop steward I was also outspoken and quite wolfie smith and I noticed other union reps creeping to the bosses openly during meetings, when on the shop floor they appeared quite rebellious .

If these egotistical creept tw@s get into control then the unions are fukked
strikes on 12:35 - May 16 with 1053 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Interesting stuff

I would say he became a boss not because he shouted a lot but because he was better than the staff they had there , as is mostly the norm in the work place .

strikes on 13:23 - May 16 with 1035 viewsraynor94

strikes on 11:43 - May 16 by libertine

the union have to draw the line somewhere and subs is it, if the subs were voluntary then most people would prefer to keep the money in their own pocket.

long term sick don't have to pay their subs.

My father was a shop steward (60's 70'S) who made a big noise for workers rights, he realised that the bosses treated him with more respect the more vocal he became, going out for lavish meals all paid for courtesy of the company, weekends away all paid, for lots of freebies. He eventually became one of the bosses himself after several quick steps up the ladder. It was a tactical move by the bosses get that loud mouth on side, he saw it happen several times with other big mouths.

when I became shop steward I was also outspoken and quite wolfie smith and I noticed other union reps creeping to the bosses openly during meetings, when on the shop floor they appeared quite rebellious .

If these egotistical creept tw@s get into control then the unions are fukked

What a turncoat, from voice of the shop floor to back pocket of the management, his members must have been impressed

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

strikes on 13:50 - May 16 with 1026 viewsNeath_Jack

strikes on 11:25 - May 15 by raynor94

Well seeing as I was sitting across from their party and heard with my own ears the welcome and the opportunity to speak, i think I'll stick with my version, oh and there were hundreds of others there who witnessed the same as me, Twitter

With the greatest of respect, i'd believe a politician over a unionised, work shy Tata/Corus/British Steel employee any day of the week.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

strikes on 14:03 - May 16 with 1018 viewsraynor94

strikes on 13:50 - May 16 by Neath_Jack

With the greatest of respect, i'd believe a politician over a unionised, work shy Tata/Corus/British Steel employee any day of the week.

A lot of bitterness and jealousy there, oh and I'm retired, by the way I ask again were you there?

strikes on 14:06 - May 16 with 976 viewsperchrockjack

Another thread that sank into abuse.

Sad boys innit

strikes on 14:07 - May 16 with 974 viewsNeath_Jack

strikes on 14:03 - May 16 by raynor94

A lot of bitterness and jealousy there, oh and I'm retired, by the way I ask again were you there?

Jealous of what? Bitter about what? Don't care if you're retired, my point still stands.

No i wasn't there, but i know countless others that were, is that any help?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

strikes on 14:10 - May 16 with 969 viewsNeath_Jack

strikes on 14:06 - May 16 by perchrockjack

Another thread that sank into abuse.

Sad boys innit

Bloody awful it is.

strikes on 14:12 - May 16 with 968 viewsraynor94

strikes on 14:07 - May 16 by Neath_Jack

Jealous of what? Bitter about what? Don't care if you're retired, my point still stands.

No i wasn't there, but i know countless others that were, is that any help?

Not really because if they were there they would have heard the chair of the meeting welcoming the Plaid party, you seem to have lot of pent up anger, I'm at a loss why, never mind, have a good afternoon

strikes on 14:51 - May 16 with 949 viewsperchrockjack

Neath

We re all guilty all going to lucifer s fiery furnaces.

I'm a landlord now so off to see tenant.

I feel filthy .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024