Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
strikes 21:47 - May 12 with 12169 viewsNogginthenog

Say goodbye to legitimate strikes and hello to exploitative employers.what a shower this new govt will be.
strikes on 18:24 - May 19 with 1586 viewsHighjack

strikes on 17:21 - May 16 by controversial_jack

Unions are not set up to combat companies, they exist to represent their members and to get the best deals for them. Therefore, if they are not members they do not get representation. Quite easy to understand, isn't It?

They exist to make a lot of money so a small number of people at the top can become millionaires.

I think you're the one who misunderstands.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

strikes on 18:32 - May 19 with 1578 viewscontroversial_jack

strikes on 17:57 - May 19 by perchrockjack

Many state run industries ,like the British CAR INDUSTRY were appalling .

Don't get me started on motor bike industry which was a dinosaur.

Many "WORKING CLASS" people bought shares too,often the ones that bought their council house for feck all

They are no longer British owned, so not an asset to this country. Most working class people didn.t buy shares. they ended up in the hands of large unaccountable foreign companies
strikes on 19:52 - May 19 with 1548 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

strikes on 18:32 - May 19 by controversial_jack

They are no longer British owned, so not an asset to this country. Most working class people didn.t buy shares. they ended up in the hands of large unaccountable foreign companies

Stop telling the truth mun !

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

strikes on 20:04 - May 19 with 1540 viewsperchrockjack

Wrong don't.

We're yiu around when they were being sold.

Pray tell me which mega companies were queuing.

Working class drivel yet again.

Now what about those who bought their council house . They middle class, working class ,business class or cattle class.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

strikes on 20:53 - May 19 with 1521 viewswaynekerr55

strikes on 17:44 - May 19 by controversial_jack

During the Thatcher years, more than 50 companies were sold or privatised. Many of these were from the power and water utilities. Privatization, will always be linked with the Thatcher era, however else you may try to spin things around.

O I agree it was handled badly, for me:

- x % of right to buy money should have been reinvested as land was cheap as chips
- the taxpayer should've retained a shareholding for voting and dividend purposes
- there should have been a sovereign wealth fund set up

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

strikes on 23:10 - May 19 with 1494 viewswaynekerr55

strikes on 20:04 - May 19 by perchrockjack

Wrong don't.

We're yiu around when they were being sold.

Pray tell me which mega companies were queuing.

Working class drivel yet again.

Now what about those who bought their council house . They middle class, working class ,business class or cattle class.

CLAY class

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

strikes on 12:46 - May 20 with 1451 viewsMrSwansea

strikes on 14:13 - May 13 by londonlisa2001

You're wrong (on both counts).

You are wrong. It goes on - 100%. Also intimidation from Shop Stewards and colleagues etc.

Arseholes. The lot of you.
Poll: Who has received a pay rise in line with inflation within the last three years?

strikes on 12:53 - May 20 with 1444 viewsMrSwansea

strikes on 20:17 - May 13 by epaul

Spot on fathy nothing worse than a scab fair enough if someone does not wish to be a member thats there choice, however there is nothing worse than a scab

I would Scab if my union actioned a strike.

Arseholes. The lot of you.
Poll: Who has received a pay rise in line with inflation within the last three years?

Login to get fewer ads

strikes on 14:35 - May 20 with 1420 viewsperchrockjack

A scab is a word used deliberately to evoke images of downtrodden and vulnerable staff.

Nothing worse? Folk me. Hard to know where to start.

Looking after your family wins every time and if that means passing those who are there ton..peacefully persuade..then so be it.

But they don't peacefully pursuade do they. They intimidate.

Most would go to work out of choice but wouldn't admit it in public .

strikes on 14:48 - May 20 with 1409 viewsLohengrin

strikes on 12:53 - May 20 by MrSwansea

Why are you a member then? If you know it's in you to play the role of a Lundy why not just put an end to yourself now and spare your family the shame of your continued existence?
[Post edited 20 May 2015 14:51]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

strikes on 15:30 - May 20 with 1391 viewsLohengrin

strikes on 14:35 - May 20 by perchrockjack

A scab is a word used deliberately to evoke images of downtrodden and vulnerable staff.

Looking after your family wins every time and if that means passing those who are there ton..peacefully persuade..then so be it.

What would your view have been of a fellow officer who left the line and ran away during the Toxteth Riots, Perch? Would have you have said to yourself that it was better for his family that he betrays his brothers because it was better for his wife if he scuttles out of harm's way or would you have regarded him in the same way you would a pavement vomit stain?
[Post edited 20 May 2015 15:34]

strikes on 16:16 - May 20 with 1378 viewslondonlisa2001

strikes on 12:46 - May 20 by MrSwansea

You are wrong. It goes on - 100%. Also intimidation from Shop Stewards and colleagues etc.

No - I was saying it goes on - I think you misunderstood if you read back what I said.
strikes on 16:32 - May 20 with 1372 viewsCottsy

strikes on 12:53 - May 20 by MrSwansea

Why bother being in a union at all?

I take it that you are willing for your union rep to negotiate a better wage deal, or secure your pension, have them represent you in any employment tribunal etc.?

But you're not willing to withhold your labour and make a stand with your colleagues when they have democratically decided that it is a necessary course of action in order to secure your wages/pension/holidays/hours/etc...?

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

strikes on 16:34 - May 20 with 1366 viewsLohengrin

strikes on 18:06 - May 19 by Cottsy

If only Leanne Wood could hear what you are saying about the unions, she wouldn't be very impressed with you.

*Im a bit worried that I've given Trampie a hard on at the thought of Leanne Wood telling him off*

She be very AU...STEEYAA with him.

strikes on 16:40 - May 20 with 1359 viewsLohengrin

strikes on 16:32 - May 20 by Cottsy

Why bother being in a union at all?

I take it that you are willing for your union rep to negotiate a better wage deal, or secure your pension, have them represent you in any employment tribunal etc.?

But you're not willing to withhold your labour and make a stand with your colleagues when they have democratically decided that it is a necessary course of action in order to secure your wages/pension/holidays/hours/etc...?

My answer had the minacious rumble of dark thunder as a backdrop, Cotts. You should know by now that this isn't the place for reasoned words.

You've got to go straight for an end-of-the world, tormented teenager in puberty style response to keep the ball rolling.

You're right though, why voluntarily join any society you don't intend obeying the rules of? It's an odd thing to do whichever angle you look at it.
[Post edited 20 May 2015 16:50]

strikes on 21:05 - May 20 with 1303 viewsperchrockjack

Different ,loch and a poor analogy.

Answer is they d be done for neglect of duty.

Strikes are about withdrawal of labour.

About not allowing people to turn up for work.

Entirely different.

As it happens Toxteth was pretty anarchic and we thought we die on the second night.
Long time ago now but remember it well.

strikes on 12:32 - May 24 with 1205 viewslibertine

strikes on 14:35 - May 20 by perchrockjack

looking after you family is first, that's accepted.

so how do "we" look at the situation where someone is offered a useless job with no prospects. Which pays less than the dole if you consider the add ons, most people would say that a person should take the job so as to present a good person model for their family even though that persons family lose.

Also considering family comes in first, shouldn't the strikers then strike to get more money/better lifestyle for their family.?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024