Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
strikes 21:47 - May 12 with 12114 viewsNogginthenog

Say goodbye to legitimate strikes and hello to exploitative employers.what a shower this new govt will be.
strikes on 16:07 - May 16 with 1784 viewslibertine

strikes on 13:23 - May 16 by raynor94

What a turncoat, from voice of the shop floor to back pocket of the management, his members must have been impressed

agreed! what a turncoat

he'll openly admit it, very disliked after that move , although he did tell the men that he'd look after them if he was boss.
the point is there aren't many people who are capable of not looking after themselves, while portraying themselves as working class heros.

look at that hero of nulabour whats he doing now????

Honestly I think that egotistical nutters like Arthur and thatcher ruined the unions, it was about themselves and not the people they were supposed to represent, both were happy to see the pawns used and suffering while they continued the game in relative luxury.

the witch ruined the unions meanwhile germany kept their workers rights and we ended up losing all of our production base to them, she truly was from hell, I blame her for new labour aswell, in fact I blame her for HIV aswell.
strikes on 17:10 - May 16 with 1756 viewsperchrockjack

Without doubt, SCARGILL gave Thatcher all the ammo she needed but sadly some still to this day cannot see it due to their class war hatred.

A steady ,honest Trade Union movement would have negated THATCHER .

Bob Crow..? dear dear God

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

strikes on 17:21 - May 16 with 1746 viewscontroversial_jack

strikes on 20:02 - May 15 by Highjack

And if you can't understand the irony of unions being set up to combat these big greedy profit making multi-national companies only for the unions themselves to become big greedy profit making organisations with their leaders on more money than CEO's of multi-national companies then you have probably sunk as low as you're going to get in life.

Unions are not set up to combat companies, they exist to represent their members and to get the best deals for them. Therefore, if they are not members they do not get representation. Quite easy to understand, isn't It?
strikes on 20:19 - May 16 with 1706 viewsperchrockjack

YES and its not the Unions mandate to try to bring down a government anymore than it is not to represent those members (and there are) WHO DONT VOTE labour

strikes on 22:32 - May 16 with 1668 viewsDr_Winston

Unions have a vital role to play in the protection of their members and to ensure that employers don't act like complete dicks towards them.

Unions also need to realise that they have to work with employers, not against them. Union agitation did more to destroy manufacturing in the UK during the 70's and 80's than any Government.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

strikes on 22:43 - May 16 with 1659 viewscontroversial_jack

strikes on 22:32 - May 16 by Dr_Winston

Unions have a vital role to play in the protection of their members and to ensure that employers don't act like complete dicks towards them.

Unions also need to realise that they have to work with employers, not against them. Union agitation did more to destroy manufacturing in the UK during the 70's and 80's than any Government.

Thatcherism destroyed the manufacturing base, not unions, although she blamed them and the welfare state for her own misguided politics
strikes on 23:11 - May 16 with 1644 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

strikes on 22:43 - May 16 by controversial_jack

Thatcherism destroyed the manufacturing base, not unions, although she blamed them and the welfare state for her own misguided politics

That blame culture sounds very familiar ...

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

strikes on 05:46 - May 17 with 1617 viewsHumpty

strikes on 18:00 - May 15 by oh_tommy_tommy

unions subs & food bank parcels.

Wow just wow.

For some one who i class as quite intelligent

that was a classic fair play.

Quite. Ugly to see isn't it?
Login to get fewer ads

strikes on 09:57 - May 17 with 1586 viewslibertine

strikes on 22:32 - May 16 by Dr_Winston

i don't think that's correct is it???

Lest not forget those miners were dying on mass as a result of emphysema and similar diseases. They were badly underpaid to start with.

So why did she have to kill off the boat builders the steel and the other production based work.

We have a shortage of tradesmen and nurses in this country which we all to often thank the foreign workers for coming and doing for us, that's all very kind of them really nice people for coming over and helping us out, i wonder why they don't help their own countries out instead?

But i remember a the time when the witch actually did this, i think the union was the AUEW (maybe wrong) they were fighting along with the nurses union to stop the cuts and they warned there would be a shortage of skills in 20 years time.

She truly fukked us over not the unions, i was there!
We had so many union meetings/talks on the subject.

The witch was very lucky with the oil and then the war,
please tell me how market forces could have worked?

the writing is on the wall
it won't go away!
strikes on 10:02 - May 17 with 1581 viewscontroversial_jack

The unmentionable woman sold off most, if not all of Britain's assets to foreign companies. The Unions didn't do that, her policies did.
strikes on 19:00 - May 17 with 1554 viewslondonlisa2001

strikes on 05:46 - May 17 by Humpty

Quite. Ugly to see isn't it?

oh, fair enough. £13 odd a month is nothing to anyone and never makes a difference to people's lives.

There we go then. Don't know why anyone is worrying about it - everyone has plenty don't they.
strikes on 19:04 - May 17 with 1547 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

strikes on 19:00 - May 17 by londonlisa2001

oh, fair enough. £13 odd a month is nothing to anyone and never makes a difference to people's lives.

There we go then. Don't know why anyone is worrying about it - everyone has plenty don't they.

If it wasn't for the unions we would all be relying on food banks .

Jesus Christ Lisa ,come on for gods sake .

Union fees & food banks FFS.
[Post edited 17 May 2015 19:05]

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

strikes on 19:07 - May 17 with 1542 viewsLeonisGod

strikes on 10:02 - May 17 by controversial_jack

The unmentionable woman sold off most, if not all of Britain's assets to foreign companies. The Unions didn't do that, her policies did.

She didn't actually. Blair and dear old Gordon have a far better record there.
strikes on 19:17 - May 17 with 1533 viewslondonlisa2001

strikes on 19:04 - May 17 by oh_tommy_tommy

If it wasn't for the unions we would all be relying on food banks .

Jesus Christ Lisa ,come on for gods sake .

Union fees & food banks FFS.
[Post edited 17 May 2015 19:05]

The point was being made by several (union people) that union subs are so low EVERYONE can afford them and therefore no one should have sympathy for those that choose not to join.

I was pointing out that they can't. For some people, £13 can make all the difference, and people shouldn't be so blase about it.

Has no relevance whatsoever to whether unions do or don't have a valid role.

I think you are missing the point.
strikes on 19:31 - May 17 with 1525 viewsperchrockjack

I seem to recall unions only interested in their own members.

That s fine

it's not their remit to have political agendaa

strikes on 18:48 - May 18 with 1490 viewstrampie

strikes on 19:31 - May 17 by perchrockjack

I seem to recall unions only interested in their own members.

That s fine

it's not their remit to have political agendaa

Lots of trade unions have affiliations to the Labour party, that's right the Labour party which is a right wing party and has been for decades now, Labour the bankers friends party, Labour the anti poor party, Labour the austerity for the less well off party.

The trade unions are a disgrace, founding fathers would be turning in their graves.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

strikes on 18:52 - May 18 with 1489 viewsTreforys_Jack

Where I work, the traditional route to management was become a union rep. Shocking now when I think back.
strikes on 19:17 - May 18 with 1479 viewstrampie

strikes on 18:52 - May 18 by Treforys_Jack

Where I work, the traditional route to management was become a union rep. Shocking now when I think back.

That is very common 'TJ'.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

strikes on 19:19 - May 18 with 1474 viewstrampie

Labour are currently playing 'inside right' in old football terms, they are now looking to play out on the 'right' touchline, getting chalk on their boots, the trade unions up until now have been happy to support a team out on the right flank playing 'inside right' but they are not so happy in some cases with them being on the right touchline.

People that vote for Labour are voting for austerity and right wing policies [just like people voting Conservative], people have little idea where the relative parties stand in comparison to each other, if you are sympathetic to left of centre parties you would be Plaid in Wales, Green in England and SNP in Scotland, every other major party are right wing.

strikes on 19:51 - May 18 with 1451 viewscontroversial_jack

strikes on 19:07 - May 17 by LeonisGod

She didn't actually. Blair and dear old Gordon have a far better record there.

I think you'll find that's not the case.She started it all
strikes on 20:49 - May 18 with 1433 viewstrampie

Labour and the trade unions are Tories, red Tories, both groups are traitors to the working class and poor, they are as big a danger to the poor people in our society as what the blue Tory Conservatives are.

strikes on 17:05 - May 19 with 1392 viewswaynekerr55

strikes on 19:51 - May 18 by controversial_jack

I think you'll find that's not the case.She started it all

The Indians invented skinning (Indians as in cowboys and Indians) but they can't be blamed for those who still carry on using their invention... Much like the PFI scams invented by the Tory's but used like confetti by the 'genius' economist Gordon brown and good old Gideon 😷😷😷😷😷😷
[Post edited 19 May 2015 17:06]

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

strikes on 17:44 - May 19 with 1374 viewscontroversial_jack

strikes on 17:05 - May 19 by waynekerr55

The Indians invented skinning (Indians as in cowboys and Indians) but they can't be blamed for those who still carry on using their invention... Much like the PFI scams invented by the Tory's but used like confetti by the 'genius' economist Gordon brown and good old Gideon 😷😷😷😷😷😷
[Post edited 19 May 2015 17:06]

During the Thatcher years, more than 50 companies were sold or privatised. Many of these were from the power and water utilities. Privatization, will always be linked with the Thatcher era, however else you may try to spin things around.
strikes on 17:57 - May 19 with 1363 viewsperchrockjack

Many state run industries ,like the British CAR INDUSTRY were appalling .

Don't get me started on motor bike industry which was a dinosaur.

Many "WORKING CLASS" people bought shares too,often the ones that bought their council house for feck all

strikes on 18:06 - May 19 with 1358 viewsCottsy

strikes on 20:49 - May 18 by trampie

Labour and the trade unions are Tories, red Tories, both groups are traitors to the working class and poor, they are as big a danger to the poor people in our society as what the blue Tory Conservatives are.

If only Leanne Wood could hear what you are saying about the unions, she wouldn't be very impressed with you.

*Im a bit worried that I've given Trampie a hard on at the thought of Leanne Wood telling him off*

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024