Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
strikes 21:47 - May 12 with 12040 viewsNogginthenog

Say goodbye to legitimate strikes and hello to exploitative employers.what a shower this new govt will be.
strikes on 20:22 - May 13 with 1610 viewsJackfath

strikes on 20:02 - May 13 by londonlisa2001

I'm sure that most with a South Wales background do Jackfath.

You'd be very surprised Lisa.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

strikes on 20:38 - May 13 with 1589 viewsJackfath

After God had finished the rattlesnake, the toad, and the vampire, he had some awful substance left with which he made a scab.

A scab is a two-legged animal with a corkscrew soul, a water brain, a combination backbone of jelly and glue. Where others have hearts, he carries a tumor of rotten principles.

When a scab comes down the street, men turn their backs and angels weep in heaven, and the devil shuts the gates of hell to keep him out.

No man (or woman) has a right to scab so long as there is a pool of water to drown his carcass in, or a rope long enough to hang his body with. Judas was a gentleman compared with a scab. For betraying his master, he had character enough to hang himself. A scab has not.

Esau sold his birthright for a mess of pottage. Judas sold his Savior for thirty pieces of silver. Benedict Arnold sold his country for a promise of a commission in the British army. The scab sells his birthright, country, his wife, his children and his fellowmen for an unfulfilled promise from his employer.

Esau was a traitor to himself; Judas was a traitor to his God; Benedict Arnold was a traitor to his country; a scab is a traitor to his God, his country, his family and his class.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

strikes on 20:46 - May 13 with 1572 viewslondonlisa2001

strikes on 20:22 - May 13 by Jackfath

You'd be very surprised Lisa.

Well a lot on here would consider some of what I say as being very right wing (Clasie), but I wouldn't dream of breaking a picket line in a million years no matter how much I disagreed with the strike action.
strikes on 20:48 - May 13 with 1571 viewsexiledclaseboy

strikes on 20:46 - May 13 by londonlisa2001

Well a lot on here would consider some of what I say as being very right wing (Clasie), but I wouldn't dream of breaking a picket line in a million years no matter how much I disagreed with the strike action.

Point of order. I don't think I've ever accused you of being "very right wing".

Poll: Tory leader

strikes on 20:50 - May 13 with 1568 viewsjackonicko

strikes on 18:25 - May 13 by exiledclaseboy

You aren't bothered about the lack of popular support for the majority government we have which will inconvenience the rest of us for the next five years though.

I fail to see the correlation. We had a referendum to change the voting system for parliament years ago and the public either said 'no' or 'meh'.

I actually don't mind FPTP, it's not perfect but I'm not that attracted to the alternatives. But open to better suggestions if they ever appear.

That doesn't make the view on strike balloting illogical.
strikes on 20:53 - May 13 with 1560 viewslondonlisa2001

strikes on 20:48 - May 13 by exiledclaseboy

I meant in comparison to most on here as opposed to the country as a whole :-)
strikes on 21:01 - May 13 with 1548 viewsexiledclaseboy

strikes on 20:50 - May 13 by jackonicko

I fail to see the correlation. We had a referendum to change the voting system for parliament years ago and the public either said 'no' or 'meh'.

I actually don't mind FPTP, it's not perfect but I'm not that attracted to the alternatives. But open to better suggestions if they ever appear.

That doesn't make the view on strike balloting illogical.

You fail to see the in inconsistency? Fair enough but it seems blatant to me.

strikes on 21:27 - May 13 with 1528 viewsLohengrin

strikes on 20:48 - May 13 by exiledclaseboy

Didn't you label the good lady an arch-Tory during the run-up to the election, or something very much like it?

'Ya galloping old Trot!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Login to get fewer ads

strikes on 21:31 - May 13 with 1522 viewswaynekerr55

strikes on 13:43 - May 13 by Highjack

Strikes are a complete anachronism. They were relevant in the days where people were going to work not knowing whether they'd come back alive as they would be forced to work in collapsing mines, or work with machines that could take their limbs off at any given moment only to find out at the end of the day they were being paid an absolute pittance.

These days it's teachers sitting in a nice warm classroom complaining that they are only going to get a 5 and a half week long summer holiday in Mauritius instead of 6 or that they've cut the tea budget.

Tell you what. Why don't you 'sit in a warm classroom' and tell us how easy it is.

What a crazy post

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

strikes on 21:54 - May 13 with 1509 viewsexiledclaseboy

strikes on 21:27 - May 13 by Lohengrin

Didn't you label the good lady an arch-Tory during the run-up to the election, or something very much like it?

'Ya galloping old Trot!

I believe I said my view is that Lisa is an old fashioned one nation Tory. An honourable and historic stance (while not being my own view of course) which the vindictive ideological pygmies who infest today's Tory Party could learn from.

strikes on 21:57 - May 13 with 1505 viewsLohengrin

strikes on 21:54 - May 13 by exiledclaseboy

I believe I said my view is that Lisa is an old fashioned one nation Tory. An honourable and historic stance (while not being my own view of course) which the vindictive ideological pygmies who infest today's Tory Party could learn from.

Blue-collar Toryism, that's the new buzz phrase.

strikes on 22:57 - May 13 with 1478 viewsjackrabbit

i'm very lucky that apart from 2 years as a teacher, I never belonged to a trade union, nor did I ever want to. When I joined a company I was aware of my remuneration and working conditions. If I didn't like them I wouldn't join the company. Surely the "trouble in t'mill" world of militant trade unionism is now just a bad memory? I lived through the 70s and when you describe some of the industrial strife and some of the antics of the trade union barons that went on at that time, younger people think you're exaggerating. It more or less did for the trade unions who are now present nearly exclusively, only in the public sector. Good riddance. Time to move on. A letter in the Telegraph today sums it up for me:

"The problems besetting today's Labour Party are clear: as far as it is concerned, the 20th century appears never to have happened. If the party is ever to make progress, it must understand that the term "working class" is outdated, divisive and insulting."

Hear! Hear! The Labour Party are not the only ones living in the last century.
strikes on 23:10 - May 13 with 1471 viewslondonlisa2001

I've always been somewhat put off by the term since Boris decided to declare himself as such.

Someone more removed from anything I view as acceptable would be hard to find.
strikes on 10:08 - May 14 with 1422 viewscontroversial_jack

A one nation Tory? The same party that sold off all of Britain's assets to foreign companies.
strikes on 10:16 - May 14 with 1415 viewsLohengrin

strikes on 10:08 - May 14 by controversial_jack

A one nation Tory? The same party that sold off all of Britain's assets to foreign companies.

It's the tradition of the young Macmillan and Bob Boothby, not Thatcher. Having surrounded herself with cosmopolitan financiers both as Cabinet Ministers and advisors what road did anybody expect she'd have gone down?

strikes on 10:33 - May 14 with 1406 viewscontroversial_jack

strikes on 10:16 - May 14 by Lohengrin

It's the tradition of the young Macmillan and Bob Boothby, not Thatcher. Having surrounded herself with cosmopolitan financiers both as Cabinet Ministers and advisors what road did anybody expect she'd have gone down?

She went down the wrong one! She was neo con, not traditional con, this is I'm afraid iswhat this present bunch of Conservatives are.
strikes on 10:55 - May 14 with 1397 viewsLohengrin

strikes on 20:38 - May 13 by Jackfath

After God had finished the rattlesnake, the toad, and the vampire, he had some awful substance left with which he made a scab.

A scab is a two-legged animal with a corkscrew soul, a water brain, a combination backbone of jelly and glue. Where others have hearts, he carries a tumor of rotten principles.

When a scab comes down the street, men turn their backs and angels weep in heaven, and the devil shuts the gates of hell to keep him out.

No man (or woman) has a right to scab so long as there is a pool of water to drown his carcass in, or a rope long enough to hang his body with. Judas was a gentleman compared with a scab. For betraying his master, he had character enough to hang himself. A scab has not.

Esau sold his birthright for a mess of pottage. Judas sold his Savior for thirty pieces of silver. Benedict Arnold sold his country for a promise of a commission in the British army. The scab sells his birthright, country, his wife, his children and his fellowmen for an unfulfilled promise from his employer.

Esau was a traitor to himself; Judas was a traitor to his God; Benedict Arnold was a traitor to his country; a scab is a traitor to his God, his country, his family and his class.

Thanks, Jack.

strikes on 16:53 - May 14 with 1350 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

strikes on 22:57 - May 13 by jackrabbit

i'm very lucky that apart from 2 years as a teacher, I never belonged to a trade union, nor did I ever want to. When I joined a company I was aware of my remuneration and working conditions. If I didn't like them I wouldn't join the company. Surely the "trouble in t'mill" world of militant trade unionism is now just a bad memory? I lived through the 70s and when you describe some of the industrial strife and some of the antics of the trade union barons that went on at that time, younger people think you're exaggerating. It more or less did for the trade unions who are now present nearly exclusively, only in the public sector. Good riddance. Time to move on. A letter in the Telegraph today sums it up for me:

"The problems besetting today's Labour Party are clear: as far as it is concerned, the 20th century appears never to have happened. If the party is ever to make progress, it must understand that the term "working class" is outdated, divisive and insulting."

Hear! Hear! The Labour Party are not the only ones living in the last century.

It's you sir who is still living in the 1970's.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

strikes on 18:49 - May 14 with 1316 viewslibertine

the labour party and the union are a contradiction of terms.

I despise labour, they have never been further from the common man than where they stand now and their talk of moving back to a more blairist ideology, they have the cheek to think they have been too left wing and their links with the union have pulled them in the wrong direction.

I have been a union man since 1981 and they have only been of help at all sorts of different levels, I am astounded that a teacher who has been ripped of by the labour government and its bad investments of their money could condemn the union, and to be so naïve that to think that your employer might not change your terms and conditions to suit themselves, wake up!.

I mentioned on here a little while ago that a close relative who is a cleaner for the council was not a member of the union and the councils procurement team in the Swansea council used the fact that she had not protection to enable them to offer her 50% of what the union cleaners were getting simply proves it all.

we have thrown away all the hard work done by our forefathers suffering hard times to get us all a better deal in employment. We only have our right to take away our labour or work to rule which has also been eroded to zero hour contracts.

A teacher should be educating their pupils about life and history and not to understand what the union has done and continues to do is altering history.
strikes on 20:08 - May 14 with 1299 viewscontroversial_jack

strikes on 18:49 - May 14 by libertine

the labour party and the union are a contradiction of terms.

I despise labour, they have never been further from the common man than where they stand now and their talk of moving back to a more blairist ideology, they have the cheek to think they have been too left wing and their links with the union have pulled them in the wrong direction.

I have been a union man since 1981 and they have only been of help at all sorts of different levels, I am astounded that a teacher who has been ripped of by the labour government and its bad investments of their money could condemn the union, and to be so naïve that to think that your employer might not change your terms and conditions to suit themselves, wake up!.

I mentioned on here a little while ago that a close relative who is a cleaner for the council was not a member of the union and the councils procurement team in the Swansea council used the fact that she had not protection to enable them to offer her 50% of what the union cleaners were getting simply proves it all.

we have thrown away all the hard work done by our forefathers suffering hard times to get us all a better deal in employment. We only have our right to take away our labour or work to rule which has also been eroded to zero hour contracts.

A teacher should be educating their pupils about life and history and not to understand what the union has done and continues to do is altering history.

No sympathy for anyone who doesn't join the union. They are quite happy to take the pay rises and working conditions the unions negotiate for their members.
strikes on 20:56 - May 14 with 1285 viewsepaul

strikes on 20:08 - May 14 by controversial_jack

No sympathy for anyone who doesn't join the union. They are quite happy to take the pay rises and working conditions the unions negotiate for their members.

I always refused to take on personal cases when someone ssid they needed some help so theyll join, no sooner do you help them and sort it out then they cancel their membership.

Again the only people who ever asked me how pay negs were going were non members, I gave appropriate answers!!!

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

strikes on 00:03 - May 15 with 1255 viewsHighjack

strikes on 20:56 - May 14 by epaul

I always refused to take on personal cases when someone ssid they needed some help so theyll join, no sooner do you help them and sort it out then they cancel their membership.

Again the only people who ever asked me how pay negs were going were non members, I gave appropriate answers!!!

So what if they cancel their membership after you help them? Surely you're in it to help working folk live a better life, not just to get more members/money. Or are we hitting the crux of the union racket with that one post?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

strikes on 07:43 - May 15 with 1230 viewsepaul

strikes on 00:03 - May 15 by Highjack

So what if they cancel their membership after you help them? Surely you're in it to help working folk live a better life, not just to get more members/money. Or are we hitting the crux of the union racket with that one post?

Absolute rubbish, why should you help someone who pays once gets sorted and leaves the union, my loyalty laid with the everymonth, year on year loyal paying members. Why should that person who wanted to join just to get help be helped, they obviously have no interest other than when the sh*t hits the fan fuk em.

Join by all means but I wouldnt take on an individual case retrospectively, some reps would though

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

strikes on 07:56 - May 15 with 1218 viewsepaul

Solidarity with the workers Bank Holiday Monday it is then

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32748029

Rail workers to strike on bank holiday Monday

21 minutes ago

From the section UK

Network rail worker
Network Rail workers are to stage a 24-hour strike from 5pm on bank holiday Monday in a row over pay.

The workers, including signallers and maintenance staff, will also ban overtime for 48 hours from 25 May.

The move follows a decisive vote for strikes from RMT union members.

The RMT said the latest pay proposals from Network Rail fell "well short" of what is required to maintain living standards and job security for nearly 16,000 staff.

The union has rejected a four-year deal worth £500 this year, followed by three years of increases matching inflation as well as a no compulsory redundancy commitment to December 2016.

'Massive pressures'

RMT general secretary Mick Cash said Network Rail had left members "with no option but to move to a rolling programme of industrial action".

The union had a "massive mandate for action" from members angered at "attacks on their standards of living and their job security", he said.

Network Rail's proposals were "wholly inadequate" and failed to recognise the "massive pressures staff are working under to keep services running safely at a time when the company is generating profits of £1bn", he added.

strikes on 09:07 - May 15 with 1196 viewsBorojack

strikes on 07:56 - May 15 by epaul

Solidarity with the workers Bank Holiday Monday it is then

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32748029

Rail workers to strike on bank holiday Monday

21 minutes ago

From the section UK

Network rail worker
Network Rail workers are to stage a 24-hour strike from 5pm on bank holiday Monday in a row over pay.

The workers, including signallers and maintenance staff, will also ban overtime for 48 hours from 25 May.

The move follows a decisive vote for strikes from RMT union members.

The RMT said the latest pay proposals from Network Rail fell "well short" of what is required to maintain living standards and job security for nearly 16,000 staff.

The union has rejected a four-year deal worth £500 this year, followed by three years of increases matching inflation as well as a no compulsory redundancy commitment to December 2016.

'Massive pressures'

RMT general secretary Mick Cash said Network Rail had left members "with no option but to move to a rolling programme of industrial action".

The union had a "massive mandate for action" from members angered at "attacks on their standards of living and their job security", he said.

Network Rail's proposals were "wholly inadequate" and failed to recognise the "massive pressures staff are working under to keep services running safely at a time when the company is generating profits of £1bn", he added.

I have a few Boro supporting mates who will be upset by this if they get through tonight
Championship play off final they know how to pick there dates fair play.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024