Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
strikes 21:47 - May 12 with 12110 viewsNogginthenog

Say goodbye to legitimate strikes and hello to exploitative employers.what a shower this new govt will be.
strikes on 17:15 - May 13 with 1239 viewslondonlisa2001

strikes on 16:50 - May 13 by controversial_jack

That was 30 years ago, It's not like that now. Most of the intimidation then came from the police state and it's apparatus

We'll just agree to disagree. I wasn't working 30 years ago so don't know what it was like in those days.

I do know what happens now though, and it just isn't the case to say that there is no intimidation from unions towards those that disagree with them. It may well be the case in some unions, one would hope most, that this sort of thing doesn't happen, but it is certainly par for the course in others.
strikes on 17:33 - May 13 with 1213 viewsraynor94

strikes on 16:51 - May 13 by controversial_jack

Neither were you.

Been in the Boilermakers union for 43 years and although retired i am a lifetime member, on the March in Port Talbot Saturday, that good enough for you?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

strikes on 17:34 - May 13 with 1210 viewscontroversial_jack

strikes on 17:15 - May 13 by londonlisa2001

We'll just agree to disagree. I wasn't working 30 years ago so don't know what it was like in those days.

I do know what happens now though, and it just isn't the case to say that there is no intimidation from unions towards those that disagree with them. It may well be the case in some unions, one would hope most, that this sort of thing doesn't happen, but it is certainly par for the course in others.

I have been involved with trade unions all my life and intimidation does not and cannot happen I have never heard of it happening.
strikes on 17:41 - May 13 with 1205 viewslondonlisa2001

strikes on 17:34 - May 13 by controversial_jack

I have been involved with trade unions all my life and intimidation does not and cannot happen I have never heard of it happening.

Well I've just told you of a case where it happens (or an organisation where it does). It's just that you choose to disbelieve it.

I am perfectly happy to believe that you have not seen or heard of it happening in your union, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen in others.
strikes on 18:25 - May 13 with 1196 viewsexiledclaseboy

strikes on 11:40 - May 13 by jackonicko

As a Londoner regularly inconvenienced by strikes brought by a low proportion of workers, I'm happy to see changes that require a greater turnout and level of popular support.

However, I'm concerned by some of the other proposals - such as allowing employers to bring in agency workers to cover striking employees. That just seems wrong. If you have a proper mandate for strike as required by the proposed new rules, then employers shouldn't then have an extra, get out of jail free card.

You aren't bothered about the lack of popular support for the majority government we have which will inconvenience the rest of us for the next five years though.

Poll: Tory leader

strikes on 18:29 - May 13 with 1187 viewsraynor94

Out of interest what type of work and what union are you involved in?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

strikes on 18:32 - May 13 with 1182 viewsLohengrin

You're having a laugh, aren't you? Remember the scab killing on Glyneath Bank in '84? I'd have to say that counts, and then some.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

strikes on 18:38 - May 13 with 1173 viewsBorojack

strikes on 17:41 - May 13 by londonlisa2001

Well I've just told you of a case where it happens (or an organisation where it does). It's just that you choose to disbelieve it.

I am perfectly happy to believe that you have not seen or heard of it happening in your union, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen in others.

With respect how do you know it happens because a friend told you it does.
Have you seen it at first hand or is it idle gossip.
I have worked on the rail for nearly 30 years was a local rep for a good few years and it sounds like rubbish to me.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Login to get fewer ads

strikes on 18:45 - May 13 with 1163 viewslondonlisa2001

strikes on 18:38 - May 13 by Borojack

With respect how do you know it happens because a friend told you it does.
Have you seen it at first hand or is it idle gossip.
I have worked on the rail for nearly 30 years was a local rep for a good few years and it sounds like rubbish to me.

well he gave a number of very specific examples. He is, by the way, not anti union in principle and would be regarded by many on here as a good comrade :-)

From a personal employment perspective, I have worked in a number of very highly unionised industries (despite what some on here obviously think...) and have seen both excellent unions and union reps and very, very poor ones who do a great disservice to their members out of petty spite.
strikes on 18:49 - May 13 with 1161 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Ah the old anti union .
Do you
All enjoy your days off holiday with pay
All nice & safe in work
All got time off to look after your family
All had a pay rise

The list is endless

Enough of the anti union bull sh!t

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

strikes on 18:53 - May 13 with 1153 viewsWitneyjack

strikes on 13:31 - May 13 by pikeypaul

Thatcher used the police as her enforcers during the miners strike then gave massive pay rises to them,very funny to hear them whinge like babies when the shoe was on the other foot f'ecking hypocrites.

The country voted the Conservatives in and should now accept it after all I think we all agree on democracy .

The difference is that the Police are the only profession without the legal right to strike. At least under this legislation that fundamental right is preserved for others.
[Post edited 13 May 2015 19:01]
strikes on 18:55 - May 13 with 1153 viewsNogginthenog

Well I must say there are some very balanced views on here after all. I hope that any new legislation will galvanize the rank and file to ensure justification for any action they deem necessary to take.
strikes on 19:09 - May 13 with 1136 viewscontroversial_jack

strikes on 18:32 - May 13 by Lohengrin

You're having a laugh, aren't you? Remember the scab killing on Glyneath Bank in '84? I'd have to say that counts, and then some.

that was 30 years ago
strikes on 19:11 - May 13 with 1134 viewscontroversial_jack

strikes on 17:33 - May 13 by raynor94

Been in the Boilermakers union for 43 years and although retired i am a lifetime member, on the March in Port Talbot Saturday, that good enough for you?

Not the NUM though!
strikes on 19:13 - May 13 with 1129 viewscontroversial_jack

strikes on 18:29 - May 13 by raynor94

Out of interest what type of work and what union are you involved in?

I have been in many, in a long and not so illustrious career
strikes on 19:35 - May 13 with 1065 viewslondonlisa2001

strikes on 19:13 - May 13 by controversial_jack

I have been in many, in a long and not so illustrious career

brilliant :-)
strikes on 19:35 - May 13 with 1064 viewsLohengrin

strikes on 18:53 - May 13 by Witneyjack

The difference is that the Police are the only profession without the legal right to strike. At least under this legislation that fundamental right is preserved for others.
[Post edited 13 May 2015 19:01]

Not the only profession, Witney. Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen are likewise constrained.

strikes on 19:36 - May 13 with 1058 viewsLohengrin

strikes on 19:09 - May 13 by controversial_jack

that was 30 years ago

Have the dead risen with the passing of a few decades then?

strikes on 19:39 - May 13 with 1050 viewsWitneyjack

strikes on 19:35 - May 13 by Lohengrin

Not the only profession, Witney. Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen are likewise constrained.

Sorry, I didn't include the services as they are a unique occupation who serve all over the world. I was referring to careers within the realms of the UK.
strikes on 19:41 - May 13 with 1046 viewsLohengrin

strikes on 19:39 - May 13 by Witneyjack

Sorry, I didn't include the services as they are a unique occupation who serve all over the world. I was referring to careers within the realms of the UK.

O it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' " Tommy, go away " ;
But it's " Thank you, Mister Atkins," when the band begins to play...

strikes on 19:57 - May 13 with 1021 viewsJackfath

I am all for striking but I find it hard to stomach SCABS.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

strikes on 20:00 - May 13 with 1018 viewslondonlisa2001

strikes on 19:41 - May 13 by Lohengrin

O it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' " Tommy, go away " ;
But it's " Thank you, Mister Atkins," when the band begins to play...

Edit - sorry double post in two separate threads which is bizarre :-)
[Post edited 13 May 2015 20:03]
strikes on 20:02 - May 13 with 1015 viewslondonlisa2001

strikes on 19:57 - May 13 by Jackfath

I'm sure that most with a South Wales background do Jackfath.
strikes on 20:17 - May 13 with 999 viewsepaul

strikes on 19:57 - May 13 by Jackfath

Spot on fathy nothing worse than a scab fair enough if someone does not wish to be a member thats there choice, however there is nothing worse than a scab

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

strikes on 20:22 - May 13 with 994 viewsepaul

strikes on 18:49 - May 13 by oh_tommy_tommy

Ah the old anti union .
Do you
All enjoy your days off holiday with pay
All nice & safe in work
All got time off to look after your family
All had a pay rise

The list is endless

Enough of the anti union bull sh!t

Bang on the money Tommy! does my head people whinging about trade Unions after all they have achieved for the working man and woman

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024