Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread 15:24 - May 17 with 12482 viewsMrSwerve

Hmmm....

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 15:27 - May 17 with 5809 viewsphact0rri

Its probably muscle memory when you hear "bony"

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 15:45 - May 17 with 5695 viewslibertine

why not applaud frank whenever he scores against us.

ffs

where has this nonsense come from, I get the player bit not celebrating as its a case of mixed emotion, but the crowd clapping the goal

what the hell are we playing Victorian cricket
The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 15:51 - May 17 with 5651 viewsicecoldjack

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 15:45 - May 17 by libertine

why not applaud frank whenever he scores against us.

ffs

where has this nonsense come from, I get the player bit not celebrating as its a case of mixed emotion, but the crowd clapping the goal

what the hell are we playing Victorian cricket

I get your point, not sure why people decided to clap but if ever there was a time to do it i guess a last minute goal in a game that meant very little where the result was all but over was probably the best time!

Wilf had a great reception and i'm glad for him, i don't think it was the worst thing to happen at a football game .

Man city had too much class for us today and deserved the win, it was a sterling effort by our players but quality told.
The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 16:06 - May 17 with 5560 viewsJackfath

Standing ovation for lampard then clapping when an opponent scores presumably for not celebrating. Utter w an kers.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 16:19 - May 17 with 5499 viewsthevetch

i found it cringe worthy ffs our support has change for the worse over the years full of rugby lovers cant bring myself to go no more,and this drama of not celebrating a goal dont even go there.
The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 16:21 - May 17 with 5478 viewsJackSomething

It's not for me Jeff, but I don't really care if others want to do so.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 16:25 - May 17 with 5446 viewslifelong

I have no problem with applauding a previous player off, or on, the pitch, but to applaud when that player scores is not acceptable.
The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 16:33 - May 17 with 5382 viewsmacthejack

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 16:21 - May 17 by JackSomething

It's not for me Jeff, but I don't really care if others want to do so.

Agreed. I personally wouldn't applaud but people are getting themselves so worked up over something that doesn't affect them. Just chill out people.
Login to get fewer ads

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 16:35 - May 17 with 5365 viewsAmpadu

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 16:19 - May 17 by thevetch

i found it cringe worthy ffs our support has change for the worse over the years full of rugby lovers cant bring myself to go no more,and this drama of not celebrating a goal dont even go there.

Perhaps if our support keeps up the good behaviour, then the squad may come within 20 feet of the fans on their celebratory lap and we won't see the lame excuse of a lap they provided today?

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt.

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 16:36 - May 17 with 5355 viewsJackfath

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 16:33 - May 17 by macthejack

Agreed. I personally wouldn't applaud but people are getting themselves so worked up over something that doesn't affect them. Just chill out people.

Doesn't affect them?

I wonder what the players who ran their hearts out (and generally have done all season) thought of their own fans applauding when an ex player scores a goal against us.

I would suggest it would piss many of them off no end.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 16:42 - May 17 with 5312 viewsJackSomething

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 16:36 - May 17 by Jackfath

Doesn't affect them?

I wonder what the players who ran their hearts out (and generally have done all season) thought of their own fans applauding when an ex player scores a goal against us.

I would suggest that is a guess on your part. My guess would be that the majority of them wouldn't be bothered either way.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 16:42 - May 17 with 5306 viewsmacthejack

Doesn't affect them?

I reckon most of them probably didn't give a shiny sh*te. Most probably expected it and I reckon most will probably have more than a few friendly words with Wilf after the game. They'd probably be more annoyed at themselves for conceding.
The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 16:43 - May 17 with 5300 viewsLeonisGod

Doesn't affect them?

Can't help can it. Nor when he got a standing ovation for warming up and coming on. We should have booed every touch and made the atmosphere as hostile as possible. And then he can be applauded at the end of the match if people want when it doesn't matter.
The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 16:46 - May 17 with 5279 viewsfbreath

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 16:43 - May 17 by LeonisGod

Can't help can it. Nor when he got a standing ovation for warming up and coming on. We should have booed every touch and made the atmosphere as hostile as possible. And then he can be applauded at the end of the match if people want when it doesn't matter.

Yes ash was so miffed with the applause wilf got that the first thing he did at the final whistle was swap shirts with him

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 16:57 - May 17 with 5210 viewsJackfath

After the game.

After the game.

Yes after the game, no problem whatsoever but when fans of SCFC applaud a goal by another team I get a little bit of sick in my mouth.

If I am the only fan who feels like that then so be it.

All the applauding sheeple are cocks.

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 16:58 - May 17 with 5205 viewsClinton

Prolific and much loved ex striker, who we sold for a lot of money, scores a meaningless goal against us. Acting respectfully he mutes any celebration. I applauded the respect he showed.
I'll clap who I want.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 16:59 - May 17 with 5185 viewsJackfath

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 16:58 - May 17 by Clinton

Prolific and much loved ex striker, who we sold for a lot of money, scores a meaningless goal against us. Acting respectfully he mutes any celebration. I applauded the respect he showed.
I'll clap who I want.

He doesn't play for us. Why clap another player who just scored against us? Clap him after the game FFS.

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 17:01 - May 17 with 5172 viewsoldcob

Half expected Wilf to join in our lap of honour.
The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 17:02 - May 17 with 5165 viewsheadcleaner

Once they leave the swans that's it for me. The divs who sing his name and clap his goal are the same morons who berated him as a $hit Jason Scotland and lazy. I just don't get it. Did they also clap caulker when he scored for Cardiff against us?

Sometime football is so sterile and pc.
The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 17:03 - May 17 with 5154 viewsJackfath

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 16:43 - May 17 by LeonisGod

I am also not advocating booing him. Ambivalence is the way forward during the match towards any other player, surely? Clap our players not their when they score against us.

Today "the fans" of SCFC clapped a player who scored against us. Your forefathers would turn in their graves.

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 17:05 - May 17 with 5144 viewsDarran

One of the most pathetic things I've ever witnessed in all my years watching Swansea City.

Clapping an opponents goal? Really?

The games gone mad.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 17:05 - May 17 with 5144 viewsClinton

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 16:57 - May 17 by Jackfath

After the game.

After the game.

Yes after the game, no problem whatsoever but when fans of SCFC applaud a goal by another team I get a little bit of sick in my mouth.

If I am the only fan who feels like that then so be it.

All the applauding sheeple are cocks.

ancient proverb.
Man who feel sick in mouth, have head too far up @rse.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 17:06 - May 17 with 5120 viewsJackfath

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 17:05 - May 17 by Clinton

ancient proverb.
Man who feel sick in mouth, have head too far up @rse.

Man who clap opposition players is soft in the head.

Clap them after the game if you so wish.

Bony warms up. *clap*
Bony comes on. *standing ovation*
Bony scores. *oh! He didnt celebrate, I'll clap him*.
[Post edited 17 May 2015 17:08]

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 17:11 - May 17 with 5092 viewsMrSwerve

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 17:06 - May 17 by Jackfath

Man who clap opposition players is soft in the head.

Clap them after the game if you so wish.

Bony warms up. *clap*
Bony comes on. *standing ovation*
Bony scores. *oh! He didnt celebrate, I'll clap him*.
[Post edited 17 May 2015 17:08]

Wonder what they'd have done if Wilf stuck the ball in the net and promptly came over to do a samba dance infront of them.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 17:12 - May 17 with 5077 viewsscottishjack

I am utterly, utterly disconnected from some of our fans these days...Who are some of these folks?

When there are 11 players out there giving their all for the Swans, and one of the opposition effectively kills our chance of taking a point, to applaud it is just unbelievable! I stood there just looking around at some of the "Supporters" around me and just shook my head sadly. It's all changed these days, not for the better!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024