Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans only club out of 227 in UK to decline price of football survey 22:18 - Oct 14 with 5694 viewsNeathJack

Someone seems to have dropped the ball on this one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34517474
[Post edited 14 Oct 2015 22:19]
Swans only club out of 227 in UK to decline price of football survey on 17:28 - Oct 15 with 1484 viewsMillie

Where Swansea lead others will follow. It's the way it is.
To many anomalies to make it meaningful
Swans only club out of 227 in UK to decline price of football survey on 17:29 - Oct 15 with 1482 viewslondonlisa2001

Swans only club out of 227 in UK to decline price of football survey on 08:29 - Oct 15 by xmastree

The article said ' declined to take part ' not forgot to fill it in. Someone had their reasons.

The reasons presumably being that because the headline figures are shown rather than the detail, we don't look as good as some would like us to?

But then neither does any other club - surely it's a relative survey rather than absolute?

And in other situations we look rather better from headlines only rather than details - the £22 tickets for example. Don't get me wrong - that's a great initiative, but we don't complain then when the press headlines make out that all away tickets are £22 when actually, that's not really the case.
Swans only club out of 227 in UK to decline price of football survey on 17:29 - Oct 15 with 1482 viewsEdmundo

Swans only club out of 227 in UK to decline price of football survey on 08:57 - Oct 15 by swans11

Strange one this as it would shown season ticket prices went down and everything else remained the same can't see why be problem wouldn't reflect bad on us or anything

With one of the cheapest Season tickets in the league we were ranked 5th bottom.....using the BBCs calculator!

I think their calculators busted 😂

So why bother giving them a range of information that ranks us as more expensive than Man Ure, when we're no where near as much.

I would have thought they had the table upside down 👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Swans only club out of 227 in UK to decline price of football survey on 17:35 - Oct 15 with 1475 viewsdgt73

Swans only club out of 227 in UK to decline price of football survey on 17:29 - Oct 15 by londonlisa2001

The reasons presumably being that because the headline figures are shown rather than the detail, we don't look as good as some would like us to?

But then neither does any other club - surely it's a relative survey rather than absolute?

And in other situations we look rather better from headlines only rather than details - the £22 tickets for example. Don't get me wrong - that's a great initiative, but we don't complain then when the press headlines make out that all away tickets are £22 when actually, that's not really the case.

I've never seen press headlines making out all away tickets are £22 - can you provide a link ? And even if they did it's hardly the clubs fault at a misleading statement by the press.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2015 17:37]

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Swans only club out of 227 in UK to decline price of football survey on 17:42 - Oct 15 with 1460 viewslondonlisa2001

Swans only club out of 227 in UK to decline price of football survey on 17:35 - Oct 15 by dgt73

I've never seen press headlines making out all away tickets are £22 - can you provide a link ? And even if they did it's hardly the clubs fault at a misleading statement by the press.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2015 17:37]

The link provided on this very thread by xmastree for one.

To save you the bother of clicking on it, the article he used to show why we were right not to take part in the survey says:

"Swansea recently won praise for putting up to £300,000 to one side to ensure their travelling fans pay no more than £22 per away-day ticket in the Premier League. With some top-flight clubs charging more than £50 for visitors' entry, the Swans made a 'True To 22' pledge for this campaign."

And the whole point I was making, since you're thick so can't understand it, is that we shouldn't complain when headlines are misleading if they don't work in our favour, yet shout about it when they do.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2015 17:43]
Swans only club out of 227 in UK to decline price of football survey on 17:47 - Oct 15 with 1449 viewsdgt73

Swans only club out of 227 in UK to decline price of football survey on 17:42 - Oct 15 by londonlisa2001

The link provided on this very thread by xmastree for one.

To save you the bother of clicking on it, the article he used to show why we were right not to take part in the survey says:

"Swansea recently won praise for putting up to £300,000 to one side to ensure their travelling fans pay no more than £22 per away-day ticket in the Premier League. With some top-flight clubs charging more than £50 for visitors' entry, the Swans made a 'True To 22' pledge for this campaign."

And the whole point I was making, since you're thick so can't understand it, is that we shouldn't complain when headlines are misleading if they don't work in our favour, yet shout about it when they do.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2015 17:43]

Who's complaining ? And who's shouting when they do ?

Swans only club out of 227 in UK to decline price of football survey on 18:02 - Oct 15 with 1430 viewsjasper_T

The more people ignore the BBC's self-congratulatory bullshit the better.
Swans only club out of 227 in UK to decline price of football survey on 18:09 - Oct 15 with 1417 viewsdgt73

Swans only club out of 227 in UK to decline price of football survey on 17:47 - Oct 15 by dgt73

Who's complaining ? And who's shouting when they do ?

Where are you Lisa - I'm still waiting or did you just make it up ?.

Login to get fewer ads

Swans only club out of 227 in UK to decline price of football survey on 18:20 - Oct 15 with 1409 viewslondonlisa2001

Swans only club out of 227 in UK to decline price of football survey on 18:09 - Oct 15 by dgt73

Where are you Lisa - I'm still waiting or did you just make it up ?.

Make what up?

I gave you the link that disproved your suggestion that you had never seen the deal described in that way in the press.

In that link, we had a spokesman complaining about the way the survey results were presented and saying we wouldn't do it as as result.

Are you really asking for examples of the club shouting about the £22 initiative? Really? You haven't seen that have you? Really?? Genuinely hilarious.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2015 18:21]
Swans only club out of 227 in UK to decline price of football survey on 18:44 - Oct 15 with 1377 viewsdgt73

Swans only club out of 227 in UK to decline price of football survey on 18:20 - Oct 15 by londonlisa2001

Make what up?

I gave you the link that disproved your suggestion that you had never seen the deal described in that way in the press.

In that link, we had a spokesman complaining about the way the survey results were presented and saying we wouldn't do it as as result.

Are you really asking for examples of the club shouting about the £22 initiative? Really? You haven't seen that have you? Really?? Genuinely hilarious.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2015 18:21]

Its a fact I have never read anything in the press - so how you can disprove that is beyond me. Regarding the £22 away tickets - who from the club is saying anything in regard to the press releasing misleading info.

Swans only club out of 227 in UK to decline price of football survey on 18:58 - Oct 15 with 1366 viewswaynekerr55

Educating pork. A new documentary coming to channel 4. Written and directed by L Lisa and W Hunt.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Swans only club out of 227 in UK to decline price of football survey on 21:08 - Oct 15 with 1299 viewsOxfordshire_Jack

What about the price of parking anywhere near some Prem grounds, especially in London? Now that’s what I call a rip off! We not only have on street parking within walking distance of the ground, but also lots of enterprising small business, clubs and schools etc that charge £3-5 to leave your motor for the match.

And the train station walk is what for away fans? 20 mins at a brisk pace, 30 mins at an amble?

Add to that the fact that there is a ‘safe’ away drinking facility just yards from the Stadium as a free added convenience/bonus.

And while I’m ranting on, if you look at Kidderminster Harriers then they stand out as having the most expensive pie at £4.50. What a stupid thing to highlight, given they have the best football food I’ve tasted on the planet.

In essence, the criteria used for this survey is nonsense, so well done to the club in making their views about that.
Swans only club out of 227 in UK to decline price of football survey on 21:17 - Oct 15 with 1286 viewsbuilthjack

Swans only club out of 227 in UK to decline price of football survey on 09:40 - Oct 15 by Darran

Well done to the Swans once again for making a stand.

I wish they would make a stand, a new one twice the size of the existing

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swans only club out of 227 in UK to decline price of football survey on 22:04 - Oct 15 with 1245 viewswhiterock

Swans only club out of 227 in UK to decline price of football survey on 21:17 - Oct 15 by builthjack

I wish they would make a stand, a new one twice the size of the existing

I saw what you did there, clever
Swans only club out of 227 in UK to decline price of football survey on 17:29 - Oct 16 with 1116 viewsymaohyd

Swans only club out of 227 in UK to decline price of football survey on 09:40 - Oct 15 by Darran

Well done to the Swans once again for making a stand.

Spot on.

Statistics are always there to be manipulated in any way that suits.

Football clubs are obviously commercial entities that are there to make money but also reward supporters for their loyalty.

For me the Swans get the delicate balance of achieving this spot on and don't need a skewed survey to prove that.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Swans only club out of 227 in UK to decline price of football survey on 23:29 - Oct 16 with 977 viewsMillie

Swans lead others follow, nothing new here

Pointless feeding Auntie's propaganda
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024