Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dennis Bergkamp 14:24 - Dec 11 with 8858 viewsRancid

Lump on.Seriously!!!
Dennis Bergkamp on 23:04 - Dec 11 with 2267 viewsWarwickHunt

Dennis Bergkamp on 22:57 - Dec 11 by Dr_Winston

Can we work out the scale here?

Does being a massive quilt outrank being a blart or a plum?

1. Cüntpipe
2. Blart
3. Quilt
4. Plum
Dennis Bergkamp on 23:54 - Dec 11 with 2187 viewsmax936

Someone who's apparently a font of knowledge on Dutch football was just talking on Talksport about Bergkamp and the Swans and said he won't be leaving Ajax, and added that the Swans may struggle to get a quality Manager after the way Monk has apparently been treated, saying that two months ago he was being touted as a possible England Manager after our good start and our highest Premier League finish last season and now he's been sacked and suggested that any manager looking in might think that the players just aren't here to compete and they'd basically be on the back foot before they start.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Dennis Bergkamp on 09:40 - Dec 12 with 2053 viewsWhiterockin

Dennis Bergkamp on 23:54 - Dec 11 by max936

Someone who's apparently a font of knowledge on Dutch football was just talking on Talksport about Bergkamp and the Swans and said he won't be leaving Ajax, and added that the Swans may struggle to get a quality Manager after the way Monk has apparently been treated, saying that two months ago he was being touted as a possible England Manager after our good start and our highest Premier League finish last season and now he's been sacked and suggested that any manager looking in might think that the players just aren't here to compete and they'd basically be on the back foot before they start.

The media are strongly behind Monk and have not been watching the situation as closely as us. Monk had to go, major decisions tactically, team selection, inability to control and motivate the squad are just a couple of reasons. Any manager who has so little confidence in their own ability, to take last seasons top eight side with a couple of good additions, and move forward is not the right manager for us anyway.

I don't believe that many of the managers that have distanced themselves for us us have turned us down or even been asked. Imagine you are a manager and called into the Chairman's office to answer questions about press speculation, or asked questions in the press.What are you going to say, yes I am am interested and alienate club and supporters. It is amazing how many people who say they are not interested in a position accept it when offered.
Dennis Bergkamp on 09:49 - Dec 12 with 2020 viewsmax936

Dennis Bergkamp on 09:40 - Dec 12 by Whiterockin

The media are strongly behind Monk and have not been watching the situation as closely as us. Monk had to go, major decisions tactically, team selection, inability to control and motivate the squad are just a couple of reasons. Any manager who has so little confidence in their own ability, to take last seasons top eight side with a couple of good additions, and move forward is not the right manager for us anyway.

I don't believe that many of the managers that have distanced themselves for us us have turned us down or even been asked. Imagine you are a manager and called into the Chairman's office to answer questions about press speculation, or asked questions in the press.What are you going to say, yes I am am interested and alienate club and supporters. It is amazing how many people who say they are not interested in a position accept it when offered.

I don't disagree, but it seems that anybody and everybody has had a say on Monks dismissal, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that's its been mentioned in the Commons

I was half expecting to hear it mentioned on Question Time on Thursday night,

Which might have got into the minds of any prospective manager.

Dennis Bergkamp on 09:51 - Dec 12 with 2008 viewsunion_jack

Yes, very good analysis of the situation.

What is getting to me is that amongst the things you have mentioned, they go on about LAST SEASON!! What has that got to do with our current plight?

Pundits, other managers, fans if other clubs look at us and think how can they get rid of Monk. He's such a good guy and look what he has done? They don't (understandably) understand the situation the way we do.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Dennis Bergkamp on 10:25 - Dec 12 with 1934 viewsSwaneeRiver

Dennis Bergkamp on 17:06 - Dec 11 by SkipTheJack

Would quite possibly be Ole Gunnar Solskjaer MkII.

I fully expect an experienced head to be brought in to steer us to safety. I very much doubt it will be another superstar manager.

As Big Sam is safely ensconced with Sunderland, there are very view managers out there who can more or less guarantee a good chance of survival
Any realistic ideas of people with experience who are available (and haven't ruled themselves out) ?
Dennis Bergkamp on 10:32 - Dec 12 with 1916 viewsmax936

Dennis Bergkamp on 10:25 - Dec 12 by SwaneeRiver

As Big Sam is safely ensconced with Sunderland, there are very view managers out there who can more or less guarantee a good chance of survival
Any realistic ideas of people with experience who are available (and haven't ruled themselves out) ?

Him and Pulis seem to have the knack of pulling teams around, for all their perceived faults they are very good at what they do.

Dennis Bergkamp on 10:45 - Dec 12 with 1872 viewsraynor94

Dennis Bergkamp on 10:32 - Dec 12 by max936

Him and Pulis seem to have the knack of pulling teams around, for all their perceived faults they are very good at what they do.

And the frightening thing is there is nobody else around like that, and more concerning Are the candidates distancing themselves from the job, worrying times indeed

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Dennis Bergkamp on 10:48 - Dec 12 with 1865 viewsjojaca

Dennis Bergkamp on 10:45 - Dec 12 by raynor94

And the frightening thing is there is nobody else around like that, and more concerning Are the candidates distancing themselves from the job, worrying times indeed

Candidates are ruling themselves out because Swans have not approached them. Just stories to sell newspapers!, Mr Jenkins is good poker player, nobody knows what cards he holds.

Even when you know, you never know?

Dennis Bergkamp on 10:49 - Dec 12 with 1857 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Rattan merely aspires to quiltdom

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Dennis Bergkamp on 10:53 - Dec 12 with 1840 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Dennis Bergkamp on 10:49 - Dec 12 by Brynmill_Jack

Rattan merely aspires to quiltdom

I love the way predictive text not only makes him but describes him into the bargain

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Dennis Bergkamp on 10:57 - Dec 12 with 1829 viewsraynor94

Dennis Bergkamp on 10:48 - Dec 12 by jojaca

Candidates are ruling themselves out because Swans have not approached them. Just stories to sell newspapers!, Mr Jenkins is good poker player, nobody knows what cards he holds.

Hope you are right, and Huw is holding a royal flush!

Dennis Bergkamp on 11:02 - Dec 12 with 1812 viewsDewi1jack

Dennis Bergkamp on 10:48 - Dec 12 by jojaca

Is the correct answer.
Seems funny that an awful lot of the managers the media put forward are either unemployed or perceived to be managing in a poorer league and would relish the chance to join any PL team.
Some of them may genuinely love living in Scotland, Holland etc and not even be thinking about moving.
Doubt as many that are on the bookies list (even Loudstrop, Beattie, KOL and Pep are on there!!!) have even be approached on Facetw@, let alone had a phone call

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Dennis Bergkamp on 11:07 - Dec 12 with 1801 viewsraynor94

Dennis Bergkamp on 11:02 - Dec 12 by Dewi1jack

Is the correct answer.
Seems funny that an awful lot of the managers the media put forward are either unemployed or perceived to be managing in a poorer league and would relish the chance to join any PL team.
Some of them may genuinely love living in Scotland, Holland etc and not even be thinking about moving.
Doubt as many that are on the bookies list (even Loudstrop, Beattie, KOL and Pep are on there!!!) have even be approached on Facetw@, let alone had a phone call

Cut to the chase then Dewi, who do you think it will be?

Dennis Bergkamp on 11:29 - Dec 12 with 1737 viewsDewi1jack

Dennis Bergkamp on 11:07 - Dec 12 by raynor94

Cut to the chase then Dewi, who do you think it will be?

With our board, just no point in speculating. We're all bound to be wrong!!
Anyone who can get us back to the point we were at.
Who can get the players, who haven't turned from being good to absolute dross over a few weeks, back to playing as well as they can and as a team.
Whoever the board think is the right candidate, I will back. The club is far more important as a whole than any individual

Won't be happy if it is Giggs though

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Dennis Bergkamp on 12:05 - Dec 12 with 1557 views3swan

Dennis Bergkamp on 10:45 - Dec 12 by raynor94

The Swans of up to 3 months? ago would have been a good bet for many managers.

Now we are looking a club in freefall which, I would guess, that to many managers, the role doesn't look very appetising.
Dennis Bergkamp on 12:16 - Dec 12 with 1516 viewsjojaca

Dennis Bergkamp on 12:05 - Dec 12 by 3swan

The Swans of up to 3 months? ago would have been a good bet for many managers.

Now we are looking a club in freefall which, I would guess, that to many managers, the role doesn't look very appetising.

£1 millions plus a year sound very appetising, especially if your out of work. A chance to make a name for yourself in the biggest league in the world. Where do I sign up?

Even when you know, you never know?

Dennis Bergkamp on 12:35 - Dec 12 with 1467 viewsWhiterockin

Dennis Bergkamp on 12:16 - Dec 12 by jojaca

£1 millions plus a year sound very appetising, especially if your out of work. A chance to make a name for yourself in the biggest league in the world. Where do I sign up?

If I remember correctly the £1M is only the bonus for remaining in the Premier League. I would be surprised if we didn't pay £40K a week plus the bonus.
Dennis Bergkamp on 12:39 - Dec 12 with 1448 viewsraynor94

Dennis Bergkamp on 12:16 - Dec 12 by jojaca

So why aren't people beating down our door?

Dennis Bergkamp on 12:47 - Dec 12 with 1423 viewsWitneyjack

Dennis Bergkamp on 12:39 - Dec 12 by raynor94

Who says they aren't? Don't believe everything you read in the press. Huw and the board always seem to produce someone from left field!
Dennis Bergkamp on 12:51 - Dec 12 with 1410 viewsWhiterockin

Dennis Bergkamp on 12:39 - Dec 12 by raynor94

Because they haven't been asked, so won't show interest publicly. Privately I expect a lot of agents are putting names forward. The board work their own way and seem to target specific managers in order and if they can't get number one target move on to the next.
Dennis Bergkamp on 13:01 - Dec 12 with 1375 viewsJBG

Dennis Bergkamp on 16:13 - Dec 11 by Dr_Winston

Bergkamp is possibly my all time favourite player but would probably need an experienced head alongside him.

Bergkamp/Pascoe dream team for survival.

Pascoe? you got to be on a wind up
Dennis Bergkamp on 13:13 - Dec 12 with 1336 viewsLeonisGod

"strongly behind him"? They've been shit stirring for weeks and fuelled the anti-monk brigade. All they're doing is trying to be controversial to sell copy. They couldn't care less about Garry. And no potential candidates will pay any notice to what they say/write
Dennis Bergkamp on 14:06 - Dec 12 with 1258 viewsmax936

Dennis Bergkamp on 13:01 - Dec 12 by JBG

Pascoe? you got to be on a wind up

Perhaps he's taking Sharpy's tea making duties over mun.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024